badmoto is offline Junior Member

Sample 3500 cal. Diet Help

Hello Guys,

I'm wanting a great 3500 cal. day diet for bulking. want 6 meals, not 7. Also, I'm on the go all day so I carry a cooler and take food with me. Here are my stats.

30 yrs old
    5'10"
    170 lbs
    BMR 1756

I train 4 days a week and my job involves lifting granite countertops all day and i'm always hussling. I do believe I could gain at 3000 cal/day but I'm shooting for 3500 and will adjust up from there every 2 weeks.

I'm after some great diet advice. Not a big fish fan but I eat whole grain tuna sandwiches. Also, I have a high metabolism and so I'm not too afraid of evening carbs. Might add that my workout is also in the evening which is why I like some carbs with my protein intake for pwo. I'm quite cut up now and need to pack on the lbs again. I'm going to post a diet I found and please help me mod/adjust it. Any help at all is great. I've learned a lot on this forum.

3,500 calorie sample diet:

Breakfast

1 sliced peach
    1 cup low fat vanilla yogurt
    1 scoop (2 oz) vanilla protein powder
    ½ cup blueberries
    ½ whole wheat bagel
    1 tbsp light cream cheese

Mid morning meal

1 cup strawberries
    1 cup low fat yogurt
    1 scoop (2oz) vanilla protein powder
    1 cup 1% milk
    1 cup orange juice

Lunch

Tuna Sandwich

½ cup tuna
    2 whole wheat slices of bread
    1/4 cup diced celery
    2 tbsp light mayonnaise
    1/4 cup brown rice
    1 tsp light mayonnaise
    2 romaine lettuce leaves
    1 cup cucumber
    1 tbsp chopped parsley
    1 tbsp chopped chives
    1 cube soup base

Mid afternoon meal

1 whole wheat bagel
    1 tbsp peanut butter
    1 cup cottage cheese
    ½ cup strawberries

Post workout meal

Power Drink

1 scoop protein powder (2oz)
    1 cup orange juice
    1 medium banana
    1 cup 1% milk
    ½ tbsp honey

Dinner

Chicken Teriyaki

4 oz skinless chicken breasts
    1/3 cup low sodium teriyaki sauce
    1/3 cup orange juice
    1 tsp cornstarch
    1/3 tsp ginger
    ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
    1 ½ cup small broccoli florets
    1 can (8oz) sliced water chestnuts
    ½ cup rice (cooked)

*Ok, not loving the breakfast and I'm thinking that I need sweet potato's, more eggs, and even a myoplex substitute in there somewhere. I've never stuck to a diet awesomely and I'm going to kick my own ass if I don't hold to one.

Ok guys, scratch that last diet. Completely different diet and today was my first day on it. Problem- Having an upset stomach from having protein shake, 1.5 cups milk, and 1/2 cup oatmeal for breakfast. I need to check out what other bros are doing here for early morning meals. I'll post current diet this evening.

ricky23 is offline Junior Member
    instead of having a protein shake for breakfast try liquid egg whites with oats and maybe some protein powder for taste. water instead of milk cos the stomach upsets are likely due to the lactose likewise protein as most protein powders have some form of lactose unless its whey protein isolate which would be better. also it looks like youre not getting enough whole foods - too many shakes and also you should be aiming for 340g of protein - 2g per pound of bodyweight - from that diet i doubt youre getting that much. on your next post list the macros for each meal so other members have a better idea of the calorie breakdown. good luck

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Your diet is just plain bad bro. Look at some of the diets I've critiqued lately or better yet, check my page statistics and see my current diet that I posted about a month ago. I'd critique this one but I'm on my iPhone, it has no macros, and it's way off.

Thanks guys but I've completely scratched that diet and I'm on fitday and taking tips and pointers from a member on another post I've made. I'll be posting my current diet with macros tomorrow evening. The critiquing is awesome that is being posted on the members diets. THANKS

Thread Information