boyoboyo is offline Junior Member

critique my diet.

not on any cycle, but any advice would be welcome.

stats:

6ft
    185pounds
    10%

looking to slowly cut.

10: oatmeal followed by some whey protein.
    12: chicken & a small portion of wholegrain rice
    2:30: 3 eggwhites & 1 whole egg.
    5: steak/fish with a small portion of wholgrain rice
    7: workout

post workout: whey protien & a bannana.

10p.m can of tuna.

iv broken it down that im taking in...

protien: 200-210
    carbs: 90-100
    fats come from whole eggs and nuts.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Gotta be more detailed man. I dunno what "some oatmeal" means. Or a "small portion of rice" - is that 1 cup? 2 cups? 1/2 cup? 1/4 cup? A tablespoon? Give me something here.

Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    Gotta be more detailed man. I dunno what "some oatmeal" means. Or a "small portion of rice" - is that 1 cup? 2 cups? 1/2 cup? 1/4 cup? A tablespoon? Give me something here.
    sorry man.

my oatmeal comes to 36g of carbs.
    my portions of rice come to 30grams.

Quote Originally Posted by boyoboyo View Post
    not on any cycle, but any advice would be welcome.

stats:

6ft
    185pounds
    10%

looking to slowly cut.

10: oatmeal followed by some whey protein. Keep the whey for PWO only ideally. 1 egg and 8-10 egg whites would be better. Up the oats to 1 metric cup (50g carbs)
    12: chicken & a small portion of wholegrain rice How much chicken? Go for 8 oz. of chicken breast and 1 cup brown rice. Maybe add some green veggies here too.
    2:30: 3 eggwhites & 1 whole egg. Protein only meal is a bad choice. If you don't need carbs here, I understand but then you should still be doing pro/fat. Example: 8 oz. tilapia with 1 oz. almonds.
    5: steak/fish with a small portion of wholgrain rice Up the portion, it'll get burned. 6-8 oz. lean protein, 1 cup brown rice.
    7: workout

post workout: whey protien & a bannana. Replace the banana with a complex carb, especially this late. Ideally, 2 scoops whey with 1/2 cup oats mixed right in.

10p.m can of tuna. I assume this is your last meal right before bed? Really weak before bed meal for a few reasons. A) fish is a fairly fast digesting protein source and you won't be eating again for like 12 hours. B) you have no energy source (carbs/fat) to spare the protein and increase synthesis and you're still highly anabolic PWO. C) You need fat here to further slow digestion of your protein source. use a slow source like red meat, cottage cheese, or casein here and add 20g healthy fat like natural PB, almonds, fish/flax/evo/mac nut oil.

iv broken it down that im taking in...

protien: 200-210 Needs to come up to 250
    carbs: 90-100 Needs to come up to 150
    fats come from whole eggs and nuts. Should make up the rest of your cals - and since you're "slowly cutting" and already 10% body fat (should mean defined 6-pack currently) - should be around 100g. Get 90 from diet and 10 from fish oil pills to fill your EFA needs. You need at least 2500 cals I assume (your my height and 20 lbs. lighter but I eat 3300+ when cutting.
    Bold. Eat more, do more cardio. Your diet currently is fit for a 120 lb. female.

thanks for that, very insightfull.
    currently i wont be able todo all of that, but ill work my way up, but as of tomorow im gonna do something like this:

10 a.m: 50g of oatmeal followed by 5 whites and one whole egg/
    12: 1 cup of rice with chicken pieces (45g)
    2: can of tuna with 1o.z of allmonds
    5: steak/fish with a cup of rice

postworkout: 2 scoops of whey mised in with 1/2 cup of oatmeal.

10p.m cottage cheese with allmonds (& caesin when i get it)

hows that looking for now?
    and to answer your point, yes my abs all visible but i want to get shredded slowly but surley. is there not to many kals in this?

thanks for that, very insightfull.
    currently i wont be able todo all of that, but ill work my way up, but as of tomorow im gonna do something like this:

10 a.m: 50g of oatmeal followed by 5 whites and one whole egg/
    12: 1 cup of rice with chicken pieces (45g)
    2: can of tuna with 1o.z of allmonds
    5: steak/fish with a cup of rice

postworkout: 2 scoops of whey mised in with 1/2 cup of oatmeal.

10p.m cottage cheese with allmonds (& caesin when i get it)

hows that looking for now?
    and to answer your point, yes my abs all visible but i want to get shredded slowly but surley. is there not to many kals in this?
    You need to use fitday.com to calculate your numbers exactly. That does look better but it's still a light diet imo. There's a difference between shredded and skinny. You need to eat enough cals/protein to continue getting stronger, or at least maintain your muscles - or else you'll end up looking no better at 7% than u do currently at 10% - but yes, much better. Just get specific and make sure you're eating close to tdee and make up the deficit with cardio. There's no rush since you're already pretty lean, do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    You need to use fitday.com to calculate your numbers exactly. That does look better but it's still a light diet imo. There's a difference between shredded and skinny. You need to eat enough cals/protein to continue getting stronger, or at least maintain your muscles - or else you'll end up looking no better at 7% than u do currently at 10% - but yes, much better. Just get specific and make sure you're eating close to tdee and make up the deficit with cardio. There's no rush since you're already pretty lean, do it right.
    iv never really had the need todo cardio in the past, iv eaten like shit and still maintined a decent b/f%.
    how would my diet need to be altered if i inlcuded no cardio?

iv never really had the need todo cardio in the past, iv eaten like shit and still maintined a decent b/f%.
    how would my diet need to be altered if i inlcuded no cardio?
    well 3500 cals is a pound of fat. If you eat 500 cals under maintenance every day, you lose 1 lb. of fat per week. If you do cardio on top of that and burn 500 calories in the process, you lose 2 lbs. per week. It's pretty important and the diet doesn't change, simply the deficit you run. Of course, if you starve off more than 500 cals to lose fat quicker, you're bound to lose LBM.

Thread Information