dominick2417 is offline Junior Member

Questions about Palumbo's Keto diet (seminar)

As this is my first post I will start out with my stats.

21 yo
    currently 205, usually 215-220
    5'10" tall
    ~20% bf (this is a question of mine)
    Lifting for 7 years.
    I have never taken anything I could not get at BB.com.

As you can see from the pictures, I have a lot of fat to lose. I started my diet on July 1 and the last day will be Oct 31 which is about 17.5 weeks. My current goal is to be pretty cut up for Halloween. My usual goal is to look like Jay Cutler.

These are a few questions I would appreciate clarification on. I just watched Dave's seminar and I must not have grasped everything. Some of the others are just things I have been wondering awhile.

1. I do 45 min of cardio in morning and 45 after I lift. I usually drink 20gms proteing worth of VPX snythesize (1/2 before and 1/2 after), is that a good idea?

2. What should I eat after I lift if my goal is to lose fat and retain muscle? Since I need to be ketogenic wouldn't quick carbs after I lift replenish my glycogen thus negating the purpose of the whole diet. Are two cans of tuna fish and VPX's Synthesize enough (20gms prot from Synth)? Is low-carb cell tech ok (9 gms of carbs)?

3. Should I be eating fat with every meal other than post workout?

4. What would you estimate my BF% to be? I plan on joining the Air Force and need to be under 17% the whole time.

5. When would the best day for my cheat meal be? I usually lift Mon-Fri and take weekend off. Should I have my carb laden cheat meal on Sunday or on Back and Leg day? Should the carb meal be devoid of fats?

I uploaded these pics so you can get an idea of where I am at. First 4 pics are from fist day of diet and others in next post are from yesterday. I appreciate any (good) advice as #1 and #4 have been on my mind awhile.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Questions about Palumbo's Keto diet (seminar)-dscf0578.jpg   Questions about Palumbo's Keto diet (seminar)-dscf0577.jpg   Questions about Palumbo's Keto diet (seminar)-dscf0582.jpg   Questions about Palumbo's Keto diet (seminar)-dscf0592.jpg  

Pics from Yesterday

Thanks for any advice ladies and gents. Oh, if anyone wants my most recent diet and the Keto diet I am starting/have started today feel free to ask.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Questions about Palumbo's Keto diet (seminar)-dscf0817.jpg   Questions about Palumbo's Keto diet (seminar)-dscf0818.jpg   Questions about Palumbo's Keto diet (seminar)-dscf0820.jpg   Questions about Palumbo's Keto diet (seminar)-dscf0823.jpg  

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dominick2417 View Post
    as this is my first post i will start out with my stats.

21 yo
    currently 205, usually 215-220
    5'10" tall
    ~20% bf (this is a question of mine)
    lifting for 7 years.
    I have never taken anything i could not get at bb.com.

As you can see from the pictures, i have a lot of fat to lose. I started my diet on july 1 and the last day will be oct 31 which is about 17.5 weeks. My current goal is to be pretty cut up for halloween. My usual goal is to look like jay cutler.

These are a few questions i would appreciate clarification on. I just watched dave's seminar and i must not have grasped everything. Some of the others are just things i have been wondering awhile.

1. I do 45 min of cardio in morning and 45 after i lift. I usually drink 20gms proteing worth of vpx snythesize (1/2 before and 1/2 after), is that a good idea? you shouldn't eat anything before your am cardio or your pwo cardio. Eat your breakfast (4-5 whole eggs) post-am-cardio and take your normal pwo isolate post-cardio after you lift (45-60 minutes after your last set is fine). Keep your cardio at 65% of max hr on keto. Low n' slow but long.

2. What should i eat after i lift if my goal is to lose fat and retain muscle? Since i need to be ketogenic wouldn't quick carbs after i lift replenish my glycogen thus negating the purpose of the whole diet. Are two cans of tuna fish and vpx's synthesize enough (20gms prot from synth)? Is low-carb cell tech ok (9 gms of carbs)? you seem to have so much to learn it's ridiculous. I'll post a sample keto diet below. Pwo you want whey isolate and a fat source, obviously no carbs lmao.

3. Should i be eating fat with every meal other than post workout? even pwo. Yes. 50% of cals should be from fat. Oils, natural peanut butter, etc. Don't eat bacon and cheese and shit, only healthy fat.

4. What would you estimate my bf% to be? I plan on joining the air force and need to be under 17% the whole time. i'll look again in a sec.

5. When would the best day for my cheat meal be? I usually lift mon-fri and take weekend off. Should i have my carb laden cheat meal on sunday or on back and leg day? Should the carb meal be devoid of fats? when doing palumbo keto, i do a late workout on sunday night (whatever muscle group it falls on, doesnt matter) and then i load 20g creatine with 140g carbs via basmati rice, wheat pasta, oats, kashi cereal, hummus with lentil chips (nothing sugary or dirty cuz i'm afraid of over-doing it) and a ton of lean protein - no fat at all since i don't want my total cals to be way over.

i uploaded these pics so you can get an idea of where i am at. First 4 pics are from fist day of diet and others in next post are from yesterday. I appreciate any (good) advice as #1 and #4 have been on my mind awhile.
    bold

I'd say 28% bf but I'm not good at estimating anything over 20 honestly, get other opinions.

Thank me later bro. Follow that strictly for 12-weeks and you'll drop a ton of fat. Don't over-do the cheat meal or use it as an excuse to go to golden corral or dunkin doughnuts - you will regress!

http://www.steroidworld.com/forums/s...uirements.html

Thank you Damien. Anyone else care to share their thoughts? If I can eat whole food in place of the shakes, excluding post work out, should I?

Yes. Always whole food. He simply suggests shakes because many of the ppl who run that diet for fatloss aren't hardcore BB. If you have the dedication, you should eat meat/fish/eggs except for PWO

Well Damien I guess it is just me and you. What do you think?

Meal 1: 3 omega-3 eggs and 6 whites P(45) C(0) F(15)

Meal 2: 10oz Chicken or 10oz fish and PB or Almonds P(60) C(6) F(16)

Meal 3: 50g isolate and 20 g mix and 2 tablespoons of Udo's Choice 1/2 scoop of Fiberteq P(70) C(18) F(25)

Meal 4: 10 oz Chkn or Fish and PB or Almonds P(60) C (6) F(16)

Meal 5: Same as 4 and 2.

Meal 6: 12 whites and PB or Almonds and Udo's Choice P(55) C(6) F(30)

Totals: P(350/400 with 7 meals) C(42) F(118) Calories(2***)

That sure seems like a lot being I have at least 30 lbs to lose.

Sometimes I have seven meals in that case I will eat another 50 gms P from whey and another 1/2 scoop of fiberteq.

Lower protein to 250. Your pro/fat ratio should be 40/60 ideally. Right now it's 60/40 - the opposite. Also, I'd replace nuts with macadamia nut or extra virgin olive oil in a couple meals - you may not be able to stay in ketosis with 40g of carbs - try to stay around 20 for the first 2 weeks. Add some broccoli or asparagus to a couple meals if you can.
    Protein is just way high man. 30g per meal is fine, not 50-70.. But you're definitely getting it.

I forgot to add, I eat about 3 cups of broccolli twice a day and about 3 cups of spinach before I go to bed. I have never heard lower my protein. He does say 1-1.5gms but d*mn. Should I be eating the same thing before bed as I do in the morning or is 10 or so whites good?

I forgot to add, I eat about 3 cups of broccolli twice a day and about 3 cups of spinach before I go to bed. I have never heard lower my protein. He does say 1-1.5gms but d*mn. Should I be eating the same thing before bed as I do in the morning or is 10 or so whites good?
    That's because keto is different. When you eat 50-60% cals via fats (9 cals per gram) - you can't afford super high protein without sabotaging any chance of a caloric deficit. It's not about protein and those who don't get that will fail. And remember, the 1g-1.5g per lb. rule applies to LBM. Body weight via fat doesn't warrant more protein. So take your LBM x 1.5 and I'm sure it's right around 250 as I suggested.

Now, before bed, you should ideally be consuming a low-carb casein shake with fat or red meat with fat. I didn't wanna be too picky but eggs, whey, fish, poultry is a bad choice before bed because it won't nourish you throughout the night, only 3-4 hours at very most.

Also, it's good that you eat so much veggies but remember, despite being fibrous, they do have carbs and 6 cups might be too much. 1/2 that would be a good choice.

It seems most things Dave Palumbo says go against Milos Sarcev's advice. Milos said that eat all the veggies you want, because it take more calories to digest them than they provide.

Should I forgo all PB and Nuts for Mac and Olive oil to reduce those carbs?

So some ground meat before bed is good idea?

It seems most things Dave Palumbo says go against Milos Sercev's advice. Milos said that eat all the veggies you want, because it take more calories to digest them than they provide.
    Right because Milos isn't talking about keto! Staying under 20 grams of carbs per day changes things, yeah? When on a carb-inclusive diet, they can be eaten indiscriminately.
    Should I forgo all PB and Nuts for Mac and Olive oil to reduce those carbs? No, not all. Just try to stay around 20g, you can afford 2 meals with nuts, 3 with veggies and oil.

So some ground meat before bed is good idea? Lean ground beef with avocado or something would be ideal!
    Bold. I can tell by all the questions you're gonna do great!

Probably my last question (for now), is Udo's Choice oil better than Mac Nut and Olive? It seems that Dave would be a fan of it and I know Milos is.

Probably my last question (for now), is Udo's Choice oil better than Mac Nut and Olive? It seems that Dave would be a fan of it and I know Milos is.
    Yeah, it's probly the highest quality oil available. I would also use the others unless money is no issue since the udo's is pricey and I only use it PWO.

On Palumbo's diet, should I have my carb meal on a lifting day or does it not matter? I was planning on having the meal on Sundays but I do not lift on Sundays so should i have it after my back day, which is Monday?

Would two scoops of synthesize (40gProt 0 fat), 100g of carbs from rice, and some low carb cell tech(9g Carb) be a good meal?

Also, should I wait until my second week of this deit to start having that meal?

Is working everything out in the first three days necessary?
    Last edited by dominick2417; 08-11-2010 at 10:07 AM.

On Palumbo's diet, should I have my carb meal on a lifting day or does it not matter? I was planning on having the meal on Sundays but I do not lift on Sundays so should i have it after my back day, which is Monday? I like to do the cheat meal PWO as to help with recovery and get the carbs in while I'm anabolic. I also load creatine with it.

Would two scoops of synthesize (40gProt 0 fat), 100g of carbs from rice, and some low carb cell tech(9g Carb) be a good meal? I'd eat real food. Go to a restaurant and have a steak or something. But yeah, in terms of macros, that's a fine meal - just lame!

Also, should I wait until my second week of this deit to start having that meal? Yes, I would.

Is working everything out in the first three days necessary? No, but you should probly do back or legs the day following the cheat while you have an emergency glycogen reserve.
    Bold.

The synthesize and cell tech are jam packed with creatine, that is why I suggested to eat them then.

Damien, I work out back on Monday, nothing on Sunday, so should I load on Sunday evening to be pumped for back, or eat the meal after back to reap the muscle building effects.

The synthesize and cell tech are jam packed with creatine, that is why I suggested to eat them then.

Damien, I work out back on Monday, nothing on Sunday, so should I load on Sunday evening to be pumped for back, or eat the meal after back to reap the muscle building effects.
    Up to you. See which you prefer. It's not a full carb-load and wont have a drastic effect either way.

Thread Information