Thread: Diet Critique

liftw8t is offline Associate Member

Diet Critique

My goal is to bulk of course

Diet:

Meal 1: 10 egg white 4 slice turkey bacon, 1 cup of grits or oatmeal
    Meal 2: Procomplex Gainer Shake or Syntha 6
    Meal 3: 6oz Steak with large white potato (loaded with sour cream, cheese, and 2oz shredded chicken or turkey), 1 Cyto muscle milk light 100 calorie RTD
    Meal 4: 1 large sweet potato, 1 Isopure (optional)
    Meal 5: (Post Workout) Waxy or Gatorade, Procomplex Gainer Shake or Syntha 6
    Meal 6: 1 hour after PW 6 oz Steak with large sweet potato (honey and nutmeg), 1 Cyto muscle milk light 100 calorie RTD
    Meal 7: 8oz Chicken or 2 cans Tuna with Olive oil Mayo with 1 large Avocado
    Meal 8: 1/2 Procomplex Gainer or Syntha 6 mixed in milk and peanut butter

I have so many meals because my day starts at 3 AM and end at 8-9 PM, I have plenty of time to consume meals, I take a nap around 12:30 1:00 for 2 hours and wake up and eat around 3 PM.

*Please critique

5'10"
    192lbs
    7% bf

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by liftw8t View Post
    My goal is to bulk of course I'll be nice because I have some free time but know that it's a pain to critique diets without a stated BMR/TDEE and macros for the meals. Understand, as such, I can't get your diet in check, only correct the food choices, which is a start.

Diet:

Meal 1: 10 egg white 4 slice turkey bacon, 1 cup of grits or oatmeal Good meal if you replace the turkey bacon for 2 whole eggs. Make sure your grits/oats aren't buttered, or sweetened with sugar, or tons of salt. Splenda/Cinnamon does my oats good and a pinch of salt and 1/2 slice of low-fat cheese can make grits nice. The reason I say remove the bacon despite being turkey is the high sodium content. It's what I'd consider a very "dirty" choice.
    Meal 2: Procomplex Gainer Shake or Syntha 6 No. Gaining quality mass is about whole food meals, not giving money to supplement companies. Lean protein/Complex carb here. 40/50 ratio for bulking is good. Example: 8 oz. chicken breast, 1 cup brown rice.
    Meal 3: 6oz Steak with large white potato (loaded with sour cream, cheese, and 2oz shredded chicken or turkey), 1 Cyto muscle milk light 100 calorie RTD Sounds tasty but you're bulking - why does everyone assume this is an excuse to get fat? If you dial shit in right, you can gain LBM only. So, the steak is nice but the white potato is not (high GI and basically an empty cal when not replenishing glycogen stores) - obviously, the toppings have to go as well. Replace with a large sweet potato or 1 cup mashed sweet potato which is delicious without adding dirty elements. Muscle milk is garbage and the steak should be sufficient protein for this one meal, so cut that too.
    Meal 4: 1 large sweet potato, 1 Isopure (optional) The isopure may be optional but a lean protein source is not. Add 6-8 oz. lean meat. Good carb choice for pre-workout though.
    Meal 5: (Post Workout) Waxy or Gatorade, Procomplex Gainer Shake or Syntha 6 This is where I'd use that isopure. 2 scoops for PWO recovery and 60-80g carbs via waxy maize starch, vitargo, white rice, fruit, etc. This is optional and you could stick to complex if you really wanna keep it lean. I've always just used oats, even for gaining.
    Meal 6: 1 hour after PW 6 oz Steak with large sweet potato (honey and nutmeg), 1 Cyto muscle milk light 100 calorie RTD Make sure your steaks are lean like flank, flat iron (shoulder cut), or sirloin - not fatty, delicious ones like ribeye. Remove the muscle milk, simply no need for it. Honey won't hurt, it's low GI fructose and you're PWO, as long as the portion is just enough to season and not more than a teaspoon or so.
    Meal 7: 8oz Chicken or 2 cans Tuna with Olive oil Mayo with 1 large Avocado Fat seems way excessive here. Maybe keep the whole avocado since this is your first pro/fat meal with the chicken. When using olive oil mayo (not the best fat source but I won't be too picky, it's not bad) - reduce the avocado portion by half.
    Meal 8: 1/2 Procomplex Gainer or Syntha 6 mixed in milk and peanut butter Bad choice for protein this late. A) the gainer probably has carbs but more importantly - they are fast digesting protein sources and you won't eat again all night, while trying to grown. You need a slow source such as cottage cheese, casein, or another steak. Keep the milk (small portion due to sugar) and peanut butter (2-3 tablespoons) as they will further slow digestion. This is key to quality gains, imo. Also, have a shake on stand-by should you wake up to pee during the night.

I have so many meals because my day starts at 3 AM and end at 8-9 PM, I have plenty of time to consume meals, I take a nap around 12:30 1:00 for 2 hours and wake up and eat around 3 PM. Nothing wrong with this many meals.

*Please critique

5'10"
    192lbs
    7% bf
    I know you're lean but I see no reason to get over 12% body fat. Keep it clean and simply eat big. You need to add fibrous green veggies to at least 3 meals and EFAs as well (Omega-3/6/9 fatty acids) - supplementing with fish oil pills is easy.

liftw8t is offline Associate Member
    Dude you are awesome, I will make adjustments to diet. Yeah I mean off season diet because I've never got in double digit bf% so I eat almost anything. So you say kick the shakes I'm just trying to buff off the food but I agree with solid meals

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Great advice, and so articulate!!!

Thread Information