Shake 50P, 8C, 4F - 268 cal

Meal 5
    Chicken breast sandwich 34P, 25C, 15F 371 cal

Meal 6
    Shake 50P, 8C, 4F 268 cal

grand total 240 g Protein, 118 g Carbs & 55g Fat
    Daily Calorie intake 1837

I am 6 feet tall 220 pounds 21 years old

my goal is to lose as much bf as possible and build lean mass I already have a good start on my arms and shoulders but I do have soft supple man boobs which I want to get ride of and my stomach and back can use work

my question is is my caloric intake a good number do you think I am in a deficit? I am not really active rarely do cardio just work with resistance training I have more questions to ask but cant really think of them right now

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    You only have 3 real food meals which are all basically sandwiches and you are doing zero cardio. These are two glaring mistakes I would address first.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by m_grewal52 View Post
    here is my diet

Meal 1
    2 whole eggs 2 egg white 24P, 4C, 10F - 202cal
    1 whole wheat bagel 11P, 41C, 6F - 262cal

Add more egg whites here, and even consider adding a whey shake HERE (because you'll def. need to remove from later meals) for a quick protein blast after sleeping all night. Whole wheat bread products like bagels aren't the greatest/cleanest carb source and should be avoided on a cutting diet. Go for something natural/whole grain, such as oats

total 35P, 45C, 16F - 464 cal

Meal 2

As FG suggested above, you need to drop this meal (well, it isn't really a meal) in favor of a lean protein/complex carb combo. Go for 25-40g protein and roughly 30-40g complex carbs

Meal 3
    1/2 can tuna sandwich 21P, 24C, 2F - 198 cal

Mixed with mayo? What kind of sandwich - what is the bread?

Workout

Meal 4

Shake is ok here - i'd add oats to the shake for some carbs PWO

Meal 5
    Chicken breast sandwich 34P, 25C, 15F 371 cal

Again, probably on crappy bread. Consider switching up to a sweet potato, yam, brown rice, etc.

Meal 6
    Shake 50P, 8C, 4F 268 cal

If this is before bed, consider making this a casein shake and add some natural PB

grand total 240 g Protein, 118 g Carbs & 55g Fat
    Daily Calorie intake 1837

I am 6 feet tall 220 pounds 21 years old

my goal is to lose as much bf as possible and build lean mass I already have a good start on my arms and shoulders but I do have soft supple man boobs which I want to get ride of and my stomach and back can use work

my question is is my caloric intake a good number do you think I am in a deficit? I am not really active rarely do cardio just work with resistance training I have more questions to ask but cant really think of them right now
    Diet suggestions above in bold. At 6'0 and 220lbs, i'm willing to bet 1800 calories is way low for you. You risk slowing your metabolism which will only make it harder to lose the fat later, and easier to put on. I'd suggest you work out your TDEE ASAP so you have a closer to realistic number to work with.

Diet consists of too many shakes and not enough real food, as FG pointed out. Also, where are the veggies? Where are the EFA's? And no cardio? You can't do a cutting diet without cardio and expect great results!

m_grewal52 is offline New Member
    thanks for the input I will go out and grab some whole grain bread and probably replace meal 2 with a whole grain low fat mayo tuna sandwich and move the shake into meal 1 I will also start doing cardio 3 times a week I will keep you guys posted

Baseball_Player85 is offline Junior Member
    Do you need to have so much bread? Try replacing it with oats, brown rice, or a sweet potato.

Thread Information