Phigment is offline New Member

Diet plan for an early morning workout

I am working on revising my diet plan for a clean bulk (not using AAS) and would like some thoughts on what my pre and post workout meals should look like since I workout first thing in the morning (5am) and most every sample diet assumes an afternoon workout with meals built around that fact.

Once I work through this issue I will post my full plan for feedback.

Thanks in advance.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Old Bridge NJ, 20 mins from me!

My workout starts at 5:30am so i'm in the same boat as you. My breakfast is the same everyday for pre workout: 2 extra large eggs, a 30g protein shake (blend of whey, milk isolates, and casein), 1/2 cup oats with blueberries. Fuels me through my entire workout.

PWO is 2 scoops of Myofusion in water, 3/4 cup oats mixed right into the shake, and a banana.

Keep in mind I am currently at around 2200 calories. Chances are you'll need alot more if you're looking to lean bulk. Pre workout maybe 1 full cup of oats, 3 whole eggs and a few whites along with a shake. PWO a full cup of oats.

SuperLift is offline Senior Member
    If i were to workout at 5am then id have to have something in my stomach to make it through the workout. Stick with a protein shake with whey/oats/fruit then try to have a whole meal afterwards.

dominick2417 is offline Junior Member
    I used to workout right after breakfast but I thought it was a bad idea. All of the food should be used to break your fast, but working out after some of the food will be required to break fast and some will be to prep for the workout. When I worked out just after breakfast I would eat

8 whites and two whole eggs
    4 pieces of ezekiel bread or cup of oats
    banana
    Scoop of VPX synthesize

About 80g carbs 70g p 12g fat

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by dominick2417 View Post
    I used to workout right after breakfast but I thought it was a bad idea. All of the food should be used to break your fast, but working out after some of the food will be required to break fast and some will be to prep for the workout. When I worked out just after breakfast I would eat

8 whites and two whole eggs
    4 pieces of ezekiel bread or cup of oats
    banana
    Scoop of VPX synthesize

About 80g carbs 70g p 12g fat
    Yea, I basically rely on the shake to break the fast, eggs for a bit more protein and the oats to fuel my workout. I do realize my body will 'partition' the food in whatever way it deems necessary, but it makes sense to me.

Your breakfast/pre-workout meal looks great, maybe minus the banana (better PWO IMO).

Thread Information