Thread: Check my Diet

gypsy is offline Associate Member

Check my Diet

Hi All,

Just posting my diet for tips/suggestions. I want to start my first cycle in a few months so trying to get things right.

I also would'nt ming leaning up a bit more too, suggestions on what to tweak? put on a bit much bf% lately.

6'1
    27y/o

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I can't comment within your post because the diet you posted is an embedded link, so i'll do it here:

Meal 1 - Make it 2 whole eggs, 4-6 whites. Drop the milk if you're worried about leaning out - too much sugar. Keep the oats (make sure they're whole oats and not oatmeal packets with all the sugar). Consider adding a whey shake for some quick am protein after sleeping all night. You can and probably should also add some berries to your oats.

Meal 2 - Make sure the beef is 93% lean or better. I wouldn't do the banana or nuts in the same meal; instead, i'd go with a complex carb here. Sweet potato, yam, brown rice, lentils or beans, quinoa, more oats, etc.

Meal 3 - Tuna is fine, but are you mixing with mayo? Drop the rice cakes, they're a poor carb choice and basically empty calories. Add another complex carb from the list in meal 2 here.

Meal 4 - I'm assuming this is your PWO meal? If so, the whey is fine, i'd drop the milk and add some oats right into the shake. You can add back in your banana here if you'd like

Meal 5 - Good meal! Just make sure potatoes are sweet potatoes and not white/red

Meal 6 - Cottage cheese is fine - go with whole milk cottage cheese. If you opt to do the protein here, make sure it's casein and not whey - whey is too fast digesting to hold you over throughout the night. If you do the protein, add 1-2tbsp of natty PB.

I'd like to see time of day for each meal, and you should try to get more veggies in your diet as well as EFA's. A serving of salmon each day would be great, or at least some fish oils. I don't see much fats in your diet at all actually - olive oil, avacado, etc.

Implement the changes above and you will have a much stronger diet than before.

thanks matey great advice. yes sorry I did in excel and could only post as a image.

yes the protein shake is post workout, with meal 5 following an hour or so after.

I only have roled oats, add a bit of protein powder in for flavor too. I also should note I take a fish oil cap daily.

are the rice cakes that bad?? I guess I will swap them out for more oats, eating rice or veggies isnt that practical for me at this time due to work but I can squeeze in another bowl of oats if thats going to be better for me.

I cook all my beef with olive oil. I also have either a serving of nuts (meal2) or a couple spoons of natty peanut butter.

times are;

Meal:1 7.30am
    Meal 2: 10.30am
    Meal 3: 1pm
    **Workout at 4pm** (usually have a peice of fruit just before workout)
    Meal 4: 5pm
    Meal 5: 6pm-7pm
    Meal 6: 9.30pm

**edit : no mayo with tuna, I just eat the tune in olive oil cans.
    Last edited by gypsy; 08-12-2010 at 08:17 AM.

Great, rolled oats are perfect. Take more than 1 fish oil cap daily; 1 cap is usually 2g of fat - shoot for 10g or so.

The rice cakes will do nothing for your diet, whether you were bulking or cutting. Since you want to focus on fat loss, I would say yes, the cakes are that bad and should be replaced with a good quality whole food/natural carb source. If you can't do the brown rice, maybe you can do some mashed up sweet potato with cinnamon? Just an option. If not, more oats is perfectly fine.

Careful about cooking the beef in olive oil as the beef probably already has a decent amount of fat - don't want to overdo it.

Meal timing looks great. Also, tuna in olive oil is a great protein/fat meal! However, since it already has the fat 'built in', I wouldn't do carbs in this meal at all. You should try and keep fat and carb meals separate, as much as possible.

cool man I will make those changes and keep the fat/carbs seperate.

so you think this diet will be in check for my first cycle, 12 weeks of Test?

Quote Originally Posted by gypsy View Post
    cool man I will make those changes and keep the fat/carbs seperate.

so you think this diet will be in check for my first cycle, 12 weeks of Test?
    As long as your calories are right (above maintenance if you plan to run a cycle and/or bulk, a bit below if you plan to cut), the diet will be fine for either.

I hope you're doing your research on the cycle before you jump in. What is your proposed PCT?

thanks, yes doing lots of research,

Clomid & Nolva for my PCT and will keep Letro on hand incase of gyno.

thanks, yes doing lots of research,

Clomid & Nolva for my PCT and will keep Letro on hand incase of gyno.
    Sounds good - i'd consider something like Arimidex first over Letro, Letro is pretty harsh stuff and i'd only use it in a severe case.

cheers will look into it, I'm a couple months away from the cycle I think, I just got this diet in check so want to hit it a bit more natty and get everything perfect & calories right before the Test.

thanks again for all the help.

cheers will look into it, I'm a couple months away from the cycle I think, I just got this diet in check so want to hit it a bit more natty and get everything perfect & calories right before the Test.

thanks again for all the help.
    Good idea, glad to see you're using your head and doing things the right way!

Thread Information