TRT2010 is offline Member

weird work out schdule

So i got a question. if i wake up in the morning around 10am and dont get off work till 830 and dont make it to the gym by 930 and i go to bed usually around 1-2am when should i stop eating my carbs? should my last carb meal be my pre work out about 60 minutes before the Gym? i have never done a cutting diet before and i am really lost guys. I have been reading alot of what Gbrice75 has been telling another guy Frawnz but my schdule is differant than his. I can give you an example of what i will be eating and around what times but i am still lost. any info would be greatly appreciated. BTW i an on TRT at 250mg Test E a week.

vegasbound is offline New Member
    I'd have 50g of carbs and 40g of protein after your workout, times not optimal but you need it after your WO IMO regardless of cutting, just work it into your total intake for the day.

King Antichrist is offline New Member
    Personally, my last carb meal is preworkout and it's always 1 scoop ISO + a banana. Then after workout i get lean meat + veggies and later on, before bed, 125GR of cottage 1% (I don't consider that it's eating carbs since it's only 6gr...).

As you can imagine, i am also on a cutting diet and workout late half of the time. I get my preworkout meal (ISO + banana) around 6PM then i get my preworkout (2 scoops Jack3D) an hour later and I'm off to the gym. Around 8:30PM i get a postworkout ISO scoop and about an hour later, lean meat + veggies. Around midnight i get my cottage and that's it.

Personally, I'm afraid to eat carbs after workout so late at night which is why i only get a PWO ISO shake but i add glutamine to replenishing low glycogen stores in my muscles.
    Last edited by King Antichrist; 08-16-2010 at 12:12 AM.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by vegasbound View Post
    I'd have 50g of carbs and 40g of protein after your workout, times not optimal but you need it after your WO IMO regardless of cutting, just work it into your total intake for the day.
    x2. I would probably knock the carbs down to half though, maybe 25-30g. It's not much, but something is better than nothing.

Why the carbs postworkout instead of preworkout?

Not instead of, but in addition to. You definitely need to carbs pre-workout to fuel your workout. I'm just saying I would personally add about 25-30g PWO as well.

this is what i normally do
    10am: 2 whole eggs 2 egg whites, 1 cup oats mixed with 1 scoop whey

noon: 2 cans tuna with italian dressing fat free, hand full of assorted nuts

230ish: chiken breast, frozen veggi ( green beans, corrots, broccoli )

430: top sirloin steak, 1 yam

6:30: 2 spoon fulls of Peanut butter and 1 scoop whey

8:30 (PreWO) chiken or tuna, veggis

11:00 ( PostWO) lean meat, chiken, fish, vegi and little or no carbs

1am (bed) i dont have casiein yet so i have been doing 2 scoops whey

Sorry i dont have macros but that roughly what i have been doing the last week

Quote Originally Posted by TRT2010 View Post
    this is what i normally do
    10am: 2 whole eggs 2 egg whites, 1 cup oats mixed with 1 scoop whey

noon: 2 cans tuna with italian dressing fat free, hand full of assorted nuts

These fat free dressings are usually loaded with sugar. Instead, i'd look for the tuna in olive oil, and just dash some red wine or balsamic vinegar over the top. Better fat choice without the sugar and preservatives

230ish: chiken breast, frozen veggi ( green beans, corrots, broccoli )

Fresh veggies if possible, without the carrots. How about a complex carb here?

430: top sirloin steak, 1 yam

Good! more veggies

6:30: 2 spoon fulls of Peanut butter and 1 scoop whey

Nope. Real food here - lean protein/complex carb

8:30 (PreWO) chiken or tuna, veggis

Absolutely add a complex carb in here. Brown rice, lentils, beans, etc

11:00 ( PostWO) lean meat, chiken, fish, vegi and little or no carbs

THIS is where you should have the whey shake. I would still add some carbs, 1/2 cup oats (about 25g) right to the shake

1am (bed) i dont have casiein yet so i have been doing 2 scoops whey

Normally the casein would be fine, but since you haven't had a whole food meal since pre workout, I would STRONGLY recommend you eating real food here, OR find a way to add in a real meal (without carbs) at around 11:30pm, 1/2 hour after your PWO meal. You need to get something real in you after the workout, 2 shakes in a row isn't going to cut it, but it's important you have that shake PWO instead of what you had.

Sorry i dont have macros but that roughly what i have been doing the last week
    Suggestions in bold

why are so many ppl telling me to leave out the carbs then? The only carbs i really take in are the ones from the oats, veggi and maybe 1 yam a day and that it. The places where u told me to add carbs can i just always use oats?

Ok, if keeping your carb intake relatively low is your goal, I think we can help with that.

Keep the oats in meal 1, you'll need some energy just to get the day going. At 2:30 I suggested a complex carb above; forget it and eat a protein/fat meal. I would take the yam out of the 4:30 meal and move into your 6:30 meal. Then for your pre-workout meal, more complex carbs. Finally, a small amount of carbs PWO.

This way we're basing your carb intake around your workout (with the exception of meal 1) and minimizing carbs the rest of the day when you are more sedentary.

I hope that helps. As for adding carbs, yes you could always use oats if you want to. It's better to eat a variety of different foods for their unique health benefits, but there's nothing wrong with using oats as the majority of your carb source. I do it myself pretty often.

meat = chicken, steak strips, fish filet " no not mcD"

10am ( 2 whole eggs, 2 whites, 1cup oats, 1 scoop whey)

Noon (2 can tuna, mixed nuts, oats)

230pm ( meat, vegi, oats, mixed nuts)

430pm (meat, vegi)

630pm ( 2 can tuna, oats)

830pm PreWO ( meat, oats)

11pm PostWO ( meat, oats, vegi)

1am Bed ( steak strips, casein shake)

okay go ahead and pick it aprart please

the 230 one i might be doing both some vegi and nuts or if i dont like i have room prob just do like you said protein/fat. Do you think that there is too much whole food in there? I see some ppl sdiets where they do something light rather than a full meal. I meen theres 8 meals there lol

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TRT2010 View Post
    meat = chicken, steak strips, fish filet " no not mcD"

10am ( 2 whole eggs, 2 whites, 1cup oats, 1 scoop whey)

Noon (2 can tuna, mixed nuts, oats)

230pm ( meat, vegi, oats, mixed nuts)

430pm (meat, vegi)

630pm ( 2 can tuna, oats)

830pm PreWO ( meat, oats)

11pm PostWO ( meat, oats, vegi)

1am Bed ( steak strips, casein shake)

okay go ahead and pick it aprart please
    You expect people to put in work when you haven't? Nobody wants to help when the food choices and amounts aren't specified - there's too many variables. No macros either. I'll be happy to "pick it apart" if I know what I'm picking at man.

i not actually asking anyone to do the work for me and as i said in the begining i dont have the macros. the advice i have been getting is more or less a questimate of the food choices such as fat, carbs protein in coralation to the times i will be eating and work out time. This is not my first rodeo in dieting just first time in cutting. but yeah i DL a app on my android but work has been busy today and havnt got enough time in between to get excat macros. but when i do ib be glad if you could stear me in the right direct. Gbrice75 is already doing a pretty good job in guiding me

DL an app meening to get macros. sorry

Cousinbutch is offline Associate Member
    No PWO carbs = no point working out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cousinbutch View Post
    No PWO carbs = no point working out.
    Can you elaborate on this pls... I'm on a cutting diet ans already lost around 35 pounds in the last few months. And that is without taking any carbs Postworkout. And from what my trainer said, the way my diet is planned (Carbs preworkout only) i am not loosing any muscles mass.

Note that i get my preworkout carbs about 1hour before i hit the gym. Then, when im out the gym (around 7h30pm) i get a prots shake. And then an hour later im eating souper. It's already late when i eat souper (i go to bed at 10h30pm) so i guess thats why i dont get to eat carbs.

Ps: my goal is to reach single digit BF%. Currently at 14-15%.

Thanks and sorry for asking a question in your thread m8 but i need to know why you guys recommend carbs pwo!

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by King Antichrist View Post
    Can you elaborate on this pls... I'm on a cutting diet ans already lost around 35 pounds in the last few months. And that is without taking any carbs Postworkout. And from what my trainer said, the way my diet is planned (Carbs preworkout only) i am not loosing any muscles mass.

Note that i get my preworkout carbs about 1hour before i hit the gym. Then, when im out the gym (around 7h30pm) i get a prots shake. And then an hour later im eating souper. It's already late when i eat souper (i go to bed at 10h30pm) so i guess thats why i dont get to eat carbs.

Ps: my goal is to reach single digit BF%. Currently at 14-15%.

Thanks and sorry for asking a question in your thread m8 but i need to know why you guys recommend carbs pwo!
    Carbs PWO is ideal but not necessary. For the longest time,when cutting, I don't have any. Fats have a similar effect on protein synthesis.

Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    Carbs PWO is ideal but not necessary. For the longest time,when cutting, I don't have any. Fats have a similar effect on protein synthesis.
    That's what i thought as well. I just spent like an hour and a half looking for pre and post workout nutrition on google and it seems it's 50-50 for eating carbs after your workout. But all seems to agree that some sort of carbs must be taken PREWORKOUT.

"Complex carbohydrates in your pre-workout meal will help ensure you have adequate energy levels for your workout. Another practice to consider is consuming simple carbohydrates (fruits, fruit juices) and/or protein in a quick drink 15 to 30 minutes previous to the workout to provide the body with an immediate energy source."
    I get my complex carbs around 1PM and then simple carbs (Along with a protein shake) maybe 45mins to an hour prior to workout.

That make sense.

Again, sorry for the thread jacking heh

Back on topic : TRT2010, have you got those macros sorted?

dominick2417 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by King Antichrist View Post
    Personally, my last carb meal is preworkout and it's always 1 scoop ISO + a banana. Then after workout i get lean meat + veggies and later on, before bed, 125GR of cottage 1% (I don't consider that it's eating carbs since it's only 6gr...).

As you can imagine, i am also on a cutting diet and workout late half of the time. I get my preworkout meal (ISO + banana) around 6PM then i get my preworkout (2 scoops Jack3D) an hour later and I'm off to the gym. Around 8:30PM i get a postworkout ISO scoop and about an hour later, lean meat + veggies. Around midnight i get my cottage and that's it.

Personally, I'm afraid to eat carbs after workout so late at night which is why i only get a PWO ISO shake but i add glutamine to replenishing low glycogen stores in my muscles.
    I am far from an expert but everything I have read seems to point to PWO carbs as a good idea for everyone. When your body sucks up carbs like a sponge you should really take advantage of that. Even Milos Sarcev, in his seminar in the stickies, says he lets his dieting athletes eat food like oatmeal cookies after they lift. He does not mention the time but when I had to lift after school (around 6 p.m.) I wouldn't get home until around 8 p.m. and I would eat a big banana, four pieces of ezekiel bread, and two can of tuna. The bread was probably too slow digesting, and something like gatorade or angel food cake would have been better to replenish my glycogen.

Thread Information