MFnatic is offline New Member

Diet good enough to lose body fat/gain muscle?

Today was my first day on the diet, I'm a little confused as to how I feel about it. I know I know I'll be looking forward to meals #3 and #6, they're delicious. Give me some feedback before i start tweaking little things.

Hit_Stick is offline New Member
    Thats a pretty good diet plan. I like that one alot actually. It looks almost identical to what a normal day for me is on a cut. The only problem I see is that your carb counts on the 1/2 cup of oatmeal I believe is off. 1/2 should be about 27g carbs, unless your counting the oatmeal as a 1/2cup cooked and not dry. Besides that everything else looks good.

As for your question about gaining muscle or losing fat, it's kind of hard to answer without all your stats. Like I said, I use that exact setup for a cutting diet but by no means do I gain any muscle on it, only preserve it. Depending on your height, weight, etc. that could be a slight recomp diet but most likely not enough to gain a noticable amount of muscle. Really looks more like a solid cut diet imo. If your looking to lean down, I think you'll be happy with the end result if you stick to it and your cardio/workouts are consistant. Good Luck.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Diet is good to go - maybe remove the milk in the final meal in favor of a half serving of natty PB or something.

Some can gain LBM at a deficit but it's eaither due to great genes or it's noob gains, as they say. Just see what works for you.

MFnatic is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hit_Stick View Post
    Thats a pretty good diet plan. I like that one alot actually. It looks almost identical to what a normal day for me is on a cut. The only problem I see is that your carb counts on the 1/2 cup of oatmeal I believe is off. 1/2 should be about 27g carbs, unless your counting the oatmeal as a 1/2cup cooked and not dry. Besides that everything else looks good.

As for your question about gaining muscle or losing fat, it's kind of hard to answer without all your stats. Like I said, I use that exact setup for a cutting diet but by no means do I gain any muscle on it, only preserve it. Depending on your height, weight, etc. that could be a slight recomp diet but most likely not enough to gain a noticable amount of muscle. Really looks more like a solid cut diet imo. If your looking to lean down, I think you'll be happy with the end result if you stick to it and your cardio/workouts are consistant. Good Luck.
    Thanks for all your input. The two 1/2 cup of oatmeals are cooked that's why the carbs are lower.

Here are my current stats:
    Height: 6'5
    Weight: 230
    BMR = 4195.36
    LEAN BODY MASS = 177.1
    BF = 23%
    BMI = 27.3
    TDEE = 3466

I'm looking to cut down as much body fat as I could. Am I going about the right diet as far as cutting down body fat? Eventually I wanna gain a good amount of mass but one thing at a time, I figure I could lose some more body fat weight and then get on bulk for some muscle.

And as for workout I'm following the STS workout plan and doing HIIT 3-5 times a week.

oker is offline Associate Member
    I'd be interested in someone taking a look at his diet since it is a lot like mine...minus the mid-night meal...should be a casien shake. And milk in the middle of the night? all that sugar...not good.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by oker View Post
    I'd be interested in someone taking a look at his diet since it is a lot like mine...minus the mid-night meal...should be a casien shake. And milk in the middle of the night? all that sugar...not good.
    Damien already gave this diet his blessing and mentioned the change you stated, see below. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    Diet is good to go - maybe remove the milk in the final meal in favor of a half serving of natty PB or something.

Harry Manback is offline Junior Member
    Def a cut diet. Id have to say with your stats that you won't gain noticeable muscle. Stick with this diet and a good training plan, solid rest, you should see some good results. I would also pull the whole milk. Limit your dairy. However, cottage cheese or casein shake is acceptable for last meal.

Lifeguard102 is offline Associate Member
    It looks solid some tweaking possibly.
    I'm 255 10% and I eat fruit with 2 meals.
    ie grapefruit, stawberries, peaches, or blueberries.
    Fruit is early though. Meaning pre workout.

Also , the reason I listed my weight is that I try and keep every meal at 50-60g protein. Im not sure how much mass you need to preserve however without your stats.
    Life

mas-polloxxx is offline Junior Member
    OP, how is your BMR a higher number than your TDEE, . . .

Thread Information