1stofaseries is offline New Member

Hardgainer finally gaining but maybe too much fat???

27 years old been skinny my whole life 165-170lbs, 6'4" with real fast metabolism. I've finally started gaining weight by eating a a lot of calories. I'm bulking so I'm not counting all my calories but target is around 4000 a day. Eating clean whole wheat, vegetables, lean beef, chicken and then OLIVE OIL (1oz) after every meal. I also eat burgers and fast food for extra calories, pizza etc. During bulking this is ok right?

I've never had any body fat (around 6-8%) my whole life and I'm getting bigger than I've ever been but I'm adding a lot of body fat around my core, thighs, and buttocks. This is alarming to someone whose been skinny their whole life. My upper body is getting bigger not flabby, but more mass in my arms, shoulders, and chest and my legs are getting huge but I can't tell if my core is getting out of control.

Will this body fat go away? I plan to keep my diet intact until I hit 210-215, then try and trim up to get real cut and defined and drop to maybe 205. So I've put on nearly twenty pounds from 173 to 191 but want to make sure I'm not turing into a fat ass.

Don't people say you can't get bigger without gaining some fat also? If I'm gaining fat that means I'm maxing out my muscle buidling potential and the fat is excess calories over what I need to grow? If I wasn't gaining some body fat I'd need to up my caloric intake or I'm not maxing growth from my workouts?

Skinny guy finally gaining weight not sure how to handle it... The only other major difference between now and the last 10 years I've been working out is the olive oil, I have 2 tbsp 3x a day. That's 720 calories of fat. I've read it's a clean fat but for me it's mainly just an easy way to AMP my calorie intake. Any opinions on this?

1. If I keep bulking in this fashion will a cutting diet get rid of this fat and keep my muscle gains?
    2. Is there a bulking diet that won't add bodyfat while still maximizing growth? Jeans don't fit cause ass and thighs are big (32 waist)
    3. Anybody else go from skinny to finally bulking up with olive oil and then trim up nicely? Or more importantly anybody else bulk up with olive oil and have trouble trimming up?

Thanks for ANY and ALL feedback, I really appreciate it. Also posted my 4 day training workout in the workouts forum, critique/feedback on that is appreciated as well.

Supplements:
    BSN Syntha 6 in AM and throughout the day, BSN True Mass post workout and sometimes before bed
    AnimalPak
    Wild Salmon oil
    Glucosamine + Chondroitin
    Black Poweder and BSN Volumaize pre workout
    OLIVE OIL 3/8 Cup a day!
    Last edited by 1stofaseries; 08-21-2010 at 01:36 PM.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Just save everyone a lot of time and post your diet up.

SuperBird is offline Associate Member
    thats what hard gainer is for. expect the fat. hardgainer is pounding everything you can get down your throat. thats the point. monster bulk, and then spend your leisure time painfully cutting down the excess garbage. i never ever seen a reason to use that stuff, its the exact same thing as whey protein powder gram for gram except packed with calories and fat. you think all those calories and fat was going to be turned into to lean muscle and the rest down the toilet? good clean whey protein is the only way to go. unless your goal is to be the most bullish fullback in the NFL.

i hate that stuff personally. this is only an opinion, and my opinion isnt good for anything. odds are im wrong in someones eyes. but exchanging ideas on the matter is why we are here.

phrenetic is offline New Member
    Post up your diet, ie a typical day of what you'd eat and when. You will get a lot of helpful feedback, but be prepared to make some serious changes.

I can tell you now, no one is going to tell you to keep eating take away and pizza regardless of what your trying to do

Time to start eating clean and gaining correctly

latitude is offline New Member
    I personally don't feel you need to get fat to build muscle... but a lot of people seem to take this stand point. Why?

Maybe people are over estimating and coming from what is indeed low calorie diet and going absolutely over the top with high GI foods and sugars instead of just making an increase with the right foods?
    Last edited by latitude; 08-22-2010 at 12:39 AM.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by latitude View Post
    I personally don't feel you need to get fat to build muscle... but a lot of people seem to take this stand point. Why?

Maybe people are over estimating and coming from what is indeed low calorie diet and going absolutely over the top with high GI foods and sugars instead of just making an increase with the right foods?
    x2. Eat the right foods at the right times of day and there's no reason a person has to get fat to pack on some beef. Ok, you may gain a BIT of fat, but it should barely be noticeable.

1stofaseries is offline New Member
    fair enough i wont waste anybody's time until I can track a couple full days diet.

started writing out the last couple days and even though i've got plenty of good ingredients ive got tons of junk too... time to get serious.

SuperBird is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stofaseries View Post
    fair enough i wont waste anybody's time until I can track a couple full days diet.

started writing out the last couple days and even though i've got plenty of good ingredients ive got tons of junk too... time to get serious.
    yyyyyyup

Thread Information