RoachForLife19 is offline Associate Member

How does everyone manage to eat eggs?

Im just starting my new diet which starts off with 6 egg whites and 2 whole eggs, and anyways wow I feel beyond full afterwords. Also I know ketchup isnt so good, so im wondering what everyone is doing with their eggs.

I actually am also thinking of removing 2 of the egg whites from the equation, so 4whites, 2regular. Still, its a lot. Oh and Ive been scrambling them

Thanks all

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Personally I love em, if not for the fat content i'd eat them all day long! 2 whole and 3 whites is fine.

Ketchup is high in sugar but ok in very small doses IMO. If it makes the eggs tolerable for you, go for it.

I like eggs, but the last few days Ive been doing 8 eggs at 7am and I have trouble just finding room in my stomach for them

Yeh the ketchup I have is 4g of sugar/carbs per tablespoon.

Quote Originally Posted by RoachForLife19 View Post
    I like eggs, but the last few days Ive been doing 8 eggs at 7am and I have trouble just finding room in my stomach for them

Yeh the ketchup I have is 4g of sugar/carbs per tablespoon.
    Gotcha. The only advice I can give you on that is - man up and eat!!! Within a few weeks your stomach will expand to accomodate the additional food and you'll probably be hungry instead of full.

sprinter911 is offline Associate Member
    I've been eating eggs like it's my job the past month. 10 whites a day with two yolks. I cook them in the pan the night before and eat them cold the next morning. I love it. I don't use ketchup or anything to season them.

Hot sauce is good though.

--Spring

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i add ham and feta cheese (tomato/basil)

Baseball_Player85 is offline Junior Member
    I use tabasco or tapatio hot sauce. You can also cut up green pepers and onions and mix it in. When I get bored with my eggs I make omlete with green peppers, mushrooms, and onion.

PC650 is offline Senior Member
    i eat 6 yolks and 6 whites in the moring and some crystal hot sauce...yumm. and 4 yolks and 8 whites before bed.. love eggs

King Antichrist is offline New Member
    8 eggs whites in a microwave bowl sprayed with cooking spray and straight to the microwave with a plate covering the bowl. Once cooked, i slide the "omelette" on the plate. 5 mins prepping. I'll top that with some pepper and some No salt. All good and i love it.

digismash is offline Associate Member
    raw in a glass (organic only)

dominick2417 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PC650 View Post
    i eat 6 yolks and 6 whites in the moring and some crystal hot sauce...yumm. and 4 yolks and 8 whites before bed.. love eggs
    Tobasco's where its at, not that crystal garbage.

When not cut dieting I eat 10 whites and 1 or 2 whole eggs, 4 pieces of Ezekiel bread, big banana, and scoop of synthesize. I could probably eat this 1.5x's. You need to eat like a man if you want to look like one.

Quote Originally Posted by dominick2417 View Post
    Tobasco's where its at, not that crystal garbage.

When not cut dieting I eat 10 whites and 1 or 2 whole eggs, 4 pieces of Ezekiel bread, big banana, and scoop of synthesize. I could probably eat this 1.5x's. You need to eat like a man if you want to look like one.
    ya he only asked how i eat my eggs. not breakfast... i have 4 pieces of toast every morning with my eggs.. naw tobasco is garbage compared to crystal...

8iron is offline Associate Member
    I throw a bunch of natural salsa on top...0% fat and gives it a great taste

meat&2veg is offline Associate Member
    I was thinking the same thing about how to eat eggs the best way???

Is it still good to just crack them open in to a pint glass and whisk then down them Rocky style or is that a bit dodgy cos of salmonella???

If so how do you eat yours???

Scrambled, fried, omelette or hard/soft boiled...What is best please???

i like over easy... but to change it i scramble in the pan while frying so its not fully scrambled and u get good chunkes of yolks...

digismash is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by meat&2veg View Post
    I was thinking the same thing about how to eat eggs the best way???

Is it still good to just crack them open in to a pint glass and whisk then down them Rocky style or is that a bit dodgy cos of salmonella???

If so how do you eat yours???

Scrambled, fried, omelette or hard/soft boiled...What is best please???
    Salmonella comes from sick chickens which are mostly the big chicken farms and still the chance of getting it is astronomical, I believe .005, or you may get it once every 20 years lol

If you eat organic free range eggs, the risk goes down even more, just make sure the egg has no cracks and you should be good.

I do it everyday and no probs yet, also it mostly effects the sick, so if your healthy youre even less likely to get it, and in the off chance you do it can be treated with probiotics, takes about 2 days

LouHulk is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digismash View Post
    Salmonella comes from sick chickens which are mostly the big chicken farms and still the chance of getting it is astronomical, I believe .005, or you may get it once every 20 years lol

If you eat organic free range eggs, the risk goes down even more, just make sure the egg has no cracks and you should be good.

I do it everyday and no probs yet, also it mostly effects the sick, so if your healthy youre even less likely to get it, and in the off chance you do it can be treated with probiotics, takes about 2 days
    egg recallEggs are being recalled around the country after a widespread Salmonella outbreak was linked to a farm in Iowa that distributes to wholesalers and distributors who sell the eggs under a variety of supermarket brands, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration announced.

People have gotten sick from the eggs, but the FDA did not say how many or where. But the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention indicated the number of those stricken is in the hundreds -- documenting about 200 cases a week in early summer. One estimate of the number of eggs involved exceeds 200 million.

The eggs have been sold to consumers under the following names: Lucerne, Albertson, Mountain Dairy, Ralph's, Boomsma's, Sunshine, Hillandale, Trafficanda, Farm Fresh, Shoreland, Lund, Dutch Farms and Kemps. They have been sold in cartons of six, 12 and 18.

The eggs involved in this recall carry Julian date codes of 136-225 and have the plant numbers 1026, 1413 and 1946. The date follows the plant number. As an example: P1946 136. The expiration dates on the packages will vary.

Salmonella can be fatal to young children, the frail, elderly and those with weakened immune systems, the FDA said. Most people who are contaminated with Salmonella usually experience a variety of gastrointestinal problems, but the infection can cause more serious issues.

Salmonella enteritidis, the type associated with eggs, usually starts 12 hours to three days after consumption and typically lasts up to a week, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The federal government offers a series of guidelines about how to safely deal with eggs.

The FDA said Wright County Egg is cooperating with its investigation and took the rest of its eggs to a "breaker" where they are to be pasteurized to kill any remaining bacteria.

If you have any of these eggs, return them to the place of purchase for a refund. Do not consume them.

Anyone with questions is asked to go to an industry web site to find more information or call 404-367-2761.

This is the latest is series of high-profile food recalls as Congress continues to stagnate on attempts to upgrade American food safety laws. Consumer Ally just this summer has chronicled recalls due to foodborne contamination -- Salmonella, Listeria and E.coli -- in everything from lettuce to pet food to chicken nuggets.
    It's not that hard obviously. Top answer the OP's question. I eat 5 whites and two whole eggs in the morning. I cook them in Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Season with pepper and hot sauce. Sometimes I toss in some mushrooms or deli meat. I then eat this same meal before going to sleep at night. 10 whites and 4 whole eggs per day.

could I potentially eat egg whites / eggbeaters from the carton has someone mentioned (Rocky style I should say lol)

Not sure if its different with those fake eggs vs the real deal.

Oh and for the salsa suggestion, hows that in carbs? The ketchup I have is like 0/4/0 per tablespoon so no fat just carbs, so im considering using it with 1-2 tablespoons max.

Quote Originally Posted by RoachForLife19 View Post
    could I potentially eat egg whites / eggbeaters from the carton has someone mentioned (Rocky style I should say lol)

Not sure if its different with those fake eggs vs the real deal.

Oh and for the salsa suggestion, hows that in carbs? The ketchup I have is like 0/4/0 per tablespoon so no fat just carbs, so im considering using it with 1-2 tablespoons max.
    Most folks will tell you to eat the real things, not the carton stuff. Also the same people will tell you, you get more nutritional value from the eggs if they are cooked.

I had planned to use real eggs for the whole eggs, however was going to stick with the egg white cartons for the whites for the convenience. Call me crazy but I dont feel like separating the yolk on every egg so often. Also the carton stuff has no/less fat and less cholesterol. The protein and carbs were the same. Seems like an obvious thing to use the carton one. shrug

Quote Originally Posted by LouHulk View Post
    Most folks will tell you to eat the real things, not the carton stuff. Also the same people will tell you, you get more nutritional value from the eggs if they are cooked.
    This. There is more bioavailability in cooked eggs when it comes to protein.

indcolts8718 is offline New Member
    Scrambled w/ Pam Butter Spray and Ketchup.

meat&2veg is offline Associate Member
    Would you still get the goodness from the eggs if you were to microwave them for scrambled???

7seven7 is offline New Member
    Any protein cooked denatures it. Which is breaking the bonds that hold holds it together, making it easier for you body to digest.

HoRuS is offline Junior Member
    Ronnie Coleman mixes his egg whites with grits. Check him out on Youtube.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHp5Ly8FNUU

Baseball_Player85 is offline Junior Member
    I buy these eggs from Sunshine farms that are organic eggs. They are a recalled batch. Glad I cooked those eggs!!! Thought I'd share this article with all you egg eaters to be careful of what eggs you eat.

.................................................. ..........................

Massive egg recall: How to check your carton for recalled eggs
    Buzz up!205 votes Share
    retweet
    EmailPrint..Dan Shapley Dan Shapley – Thu Aug 19, 7:14 pm ET

(Photo: FDA)

A massive egg recall by Write County Egg has sickened hundreds of people, and affected 13 retail brands that the egg factory packages. The culprit: Salmonella on egg shells.

The egg brands affected by the recall include: Lucerne, Albertson, Mountain Dairy, Ralph’s, Boomsma’s, Sunshine, Hillandale, Trafficanda, Farm Fresh, Shoreland, Lund, Dutch Farms, and Kemps.

Eggs are packed in 6- 12- or 18-egg cartons with Julian dates ranging from 136 to 225 and plant numbers 1026, 1413, and 1946.

Dates and codes can be found stamped on the end of the egg carton. The plant number begins with the letter P and then the number. The Julian date follows the plant number, for example: P-1946 223.

Consumers should not eat the eggs and should return recalled eggs to the store where they were purchased for a full refund.

Bacterial contamination on modern industrial-scale chicken farms (factories, really) is a growing problem. Cramped conditions are breeding grounds for disease. Widespread use of antibiotics is creating drug-resistant strains of bacteria.

One antidote to the problem is to choose locally sourced eggs from farms that allow their chickens to run free. Though be aware that the label "free range" doesn't mean what you might think.

Salmonella poisoning symptoms
    Within 6-to-72 hours of eating an egg, you may experience lower abdominal cramps, diarrhea (sometimes bloody), vomiting, fever, chills, malaise, nausea or headache. Symptoms may persist for as long as a week. While most people recover without treatment, some patients require hospitalization.

Among the 21,244 cases of foodborne illness reported from tainted food-related outbreaks in the United States in 2007 (the last year for which data is available from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), salmonella was the No. 2 cause of illness, causing 27% of foodborne illness outbreaks, including 55% of multi-state outbreaks, and 81 illnesses attributed to salmonella in eggs; five deaths resulted from salmonella-contaminated food. The two biggest foodborne illness outbreaks that year were caused by salmonella, in hummus and frozen pot pies.

SuperBird is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    i add ham and feta cheese (tomato/basil)
    damn that sounds good right now. its 3am and im chuggin strawberry protein shake.

BIGGZY is offline New Member
    make an omlette man thats what i do! just avoid using butter use that pan fry stuff chuck some ham in there some mushrooms some onions watevere you want tastes so good!

up to 500,000,000 recalled eggs. Be careful over 1000 sick so far.

knifehead is offline Junior Member
    i hardboil 30 at a time twice a week..... 4 whole eggs with a banana for my second meal and 4 whole eggs pwo every day. chase them down with water everytime...

V8Assassin is offline Junior Member
    I recently started cooking a cup of egg whites from the carton and adding them to my oatmeal/blueberries in the morning. Had to cut back to 1/2 a cup until I wasn't feeling so bloated after eating. Not sure if this is the best way, but it's quick.

TRT2010 is offline Member
    i eat 2 whole eggs and 4 whites in morning and when there done cooking i add south west salsa to them.. OMG it is amazing.. then i make another patch to take to work in a zip lock and then another 4 before training.. Go with the Salsa, you cant lose brother

Thread Information