Thread: homemade pasta?

TopDogg is offline Junior Member

homemade pasta?

...so is it considered a good meal to make some basic homemade pastas with lean ground beef?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Pasta in general isn't the greatest carb source, homemade or otherwise.

TopDogg is offline Junior Member
    lol everything i pick is bad or not a great source of this or that...
    well what can i choose instead of pasta+lean ground beef?

Brown rice, sweet potato, yam, quinoa, lentils and beans, oats (ok oats would be nasty with beef) are all good complex carb sources.

latitude is offline New Member
    sorry but contrary to belief, brown rice is not a low gi food in fact it's nearly the same as white rice but a load more fiber and vitamins.

Ishallnocheatmyself is offline Associate Member
    spaghetti squash if u HAVE to eat pasta or like the feeling of noodles going down lol that shits dope and 1/4th the carbs

im9boss is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Pasta in general isn't the greatest carb source, homemade or otherwise.
    just curious...why not? i could be wrong, but, i been looking and there are pastas (grain,fetuccini, spaghetti, some others) that are low Glycemic, around 37. which is lower than some of the things you mentioned.....and not to highjack but why are oats considered a superior complex carb? steel cut oats i can see why, with a 42 GI, but old fashion oats have a 50 GI, which is low but not compared to ezekiel bread, yams, or even the certain pastas......anybody??

Quote Originally Posted by im9boss View Post
    just curious...why not? i could be wrong, but, i been looking and there are pastas (grain,fetuccini, spaghetti, some others) that are low Glycemic, around 37. which is lower than some of the things you mentioned.....and not to highjack but why are oats considered a superior complex carb? steel cut oats i can see why, with a 42 GI, but old fashion oats have a 50 GI, which is low but not compared to ezekiel bread, yams, or even the certain pastas......anybody??
    Really it all comes down to how cleanly you want to eat. Pasta is obviously processed to some extent, some way more than others. I'm not saying there aren't any good pastas out there worthy of being the carb of choice on a BBing/cutting diet, but just that shoppers have to be careful. Ideally you'd be looking for something not made with flour, such as Ezekiel products.

As for oats, my best guess is it has alot to do with the convenience + the relatively low GI. That makes them a pretty appealing choice IMO.

Thread Information