Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja

Eating Sandwiches.... Good or Bad?

I am currently running an 8 week Test Prop and Tbol cycle. Porp @ 75mg/ed and Tbol at 60mg/ed

Anyways, just wondering if eating sandwiches are good or bad and I am not talking about Subway.... I mean making it and eating it. Whole wheat Bread, Deli Turkey breast or roast beef, Lettuce, Mustard and maybe some low fat cheese.

Good idea or not so good?

Thanks

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    great idea

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    C'mon Bert, you know the answer to this already!

Cold cut/deli meat is highly processed, high sodium preservative filled low quality protein crap! Wheat bread is an inferior carb source, unless you're using Ezekiel or something like that.

Is it better than eating McDonalds? Absolutely. But there are much better choices out there. It all comes down to how cleanly you want to eat, and how much adding bloat and BF is a concern for you.

PS - u plan to post before pics for comp at the end of the cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    C'mon Bert, you know the answer to this already!

Cold cut/deli meat is highly processed, high sodium preservative filled low quality protein crap! Wheat bread is an inferior carb source, unless you're using Ezekiel or something like that.

Is it better than eating McDonalds? Absolutely. But there are much better choices out there. It all comes down to how cleanly you want to eat, and how much adding bloat and BF is a concern for you.

PS - u plan to post before pics for comp at the end of the cycle?
    Yah.... I figured I was gonna hear this... Oh well.... and yes, I have pictures from before my natural cut started, during my cut, the day I started the cycle and the I will have some when I am finished.... in total it will be a 6 month journey and well worth it

i thought it was a great idea, i eat them all the time but im not training for a show or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    i thought it was a great idea, i eat them all the time but im not training for a show or anything.
    Yah, I am not doing a show either but I think Gbrice may be right about this one

i always thought low fat cheese and lean meats with 100% whole grain bread was a good thing

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Maybe we're becoming 'diet snobs' in this section, and I definitely don't wanna come off that way.

I would say they're fine in moderation, i.e. have a sandwich on the weekend (I do pretty often) - I just meant that I would not make them a staple in your diet *cough cough warchild*!

Everything in moderation. Also, I suppose it depends on your goals. You can obviously get away with eating like this more often if you're bulking, or don't really put on BF. On a cutting diet I would stay away from sandwiches, and for people like me who blink and get fat, we always have to watch!

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    In moderation it's okay. I would not consume them during a cut, but yes in moderation during a bulk is okay. Gbrice is completely correct in his first post. WW bread is also not the best choice.

BIGGZY is offline New Member
    yer mate should be ok aslong as u use wholemeal bread chuck some salad in there should be all good, just try not to use mayo or salad cream anything like that

hahhaa cough cough

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Maybe we're becoming 'diet snobs' in this section, and I definitely don't wanna come off that way.

I would say they're fine in moderation, i.e. have a sandwich on the weekend (I do pretty often) - I just meant that I would not make them a staple in your diet *cough cough warchild*!

Everything in moderation. Also, I suppose it depends on your goals. You can obviously get away with eating like this more often if you're bulking, or don't really put on BF. On a cutting diet I would stay away from sandwiches, and for people like me who blink and get fat, we always have to watch!
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianPride. View Post
    In moderation it's okay. I would not consume them during a cut, but yes in moderation during a bulk is okay. Gbrice is completely correct in his first post. WW bread is also not the best choice.
    I know you guys are right, but I want you to know... you fuked my whole day up!!

Thanks for all the responses, especially yours warchild

no problem, diet is my weak spot tho

Thread Information