badkdx is offline New Member

Help with diet 47 year old

I'm 47, been on a diet since Febuary. I went from 250 to 210 pounds. I eat around 1750 cal a day. Whole oatmeal, Brown rice, chicken breasts, protein drinks, and veggies, egg whites. I try to get 200 grams of protein and less then 20% fat (usually end up with around 15%). I started HRT 4 weeks ago and am adding a little extra so it really is a small cycle. Doing 600mg test, 300mg deca a week, with 100mg anavar a day. In 4 weeks, I've put on 20 pounds again, even eating a calorie deficit. I am currently 230 pounds, around 18.5" arms, 37 waist and 17% body fat. I want to reduce my body fat, not sure how to eat much leaner and don't feel good eating any less. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by badkdx; 08-24-2010 at 04:00 PM.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    If you're still losing, just continue to do whatever you're doing. For your stats, 1750 calories/day sounds WAY low, especially now that you've introduced AAS. If anything, you might want to eat MORE. You may be at or get to a point of starvation mode, and your body will hold on to every bit of precious bodyfat you have.

If you want to post up your current diet, go ahead and we can try to help you with it.

I've put on 20 pounds in 4 weeks since starting AAS.. even though I'm dieting

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by badkdx View Post
    That's to be expected on cycle. Honestly, I don't know why you're using bulk compounds if you're concerned with burning bodyfat? That's not to say you can't burn bodyfat whilst gaining mass on cycle, but it certainly cannot and will not be your focus.

Since your doing this cycle, I would focus on adding as much mass as possible, get everything out of the cycle that you can, and then get your diet and cardio in check and start focusing on burning bodyfat.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    That's to be expected on cycle. Honestly, I don't know why you're using bulk compounds if you're concerned with burning bodyfat? That's not to say you can't burn bodyfat whilst gaining mass on cycle, but it certainly cannot and will not be your focus.

Since your doing this cycle, I would focus on adding as much mass as possible, get everything out of the cycle that you can, and then get your diet and cardio in check and start focusing on burning bodyfat.
    Sounds reasonable. I wasn't expecting to put on quite so much weight. So maybe I should up the calories and go for as much as I can. Then like you say, once the cycle is done, work on the cardio and thinning out.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badkdx View Post
    It's mostly water. I was up like 32 lbs. at the peak of my last cylce before adding an AI and had no idea how bloated I was until I came off. Even with a successful PCT and no real loss in strength 6 weeks after my last pin, the actual LBM gain was about 19 lbs. Regardless, whatever LBM gain you are seeing is going to slow substantially soon.

You can definitely gain and burn body fat on cycle but I think exercising just a little common sense and eating ~2200 cals is much wiser. No reason to risk hindering your gains and your fat loss by plateauing early with such a big deficit.

Thread Information