Hsheer is offline Junior Member

How calculate nutrition facts while eating with friends ?

I'm planning a diet to gain a lean muscle mass and I'll post it in few days so you can comment on it ..

but i have a few questions before i do ..

1- I believe that i'll have to measure my nutrition facts from a raw food ?? so if i visit one of my family or friends how can i measure how much i ate ?

2- sometimes while i'm outside home, It's difficult to take my snack with me .. can I drop by subway and eat a turkey sandwich since it's include only turkey, veggie and wheat bread ? or it's considered as a junk food ?

3- is mineral water a good water to drink ?? (because of the sodium)

I'm sorry for these stupid questions, But I'm still a beginner in this field and I'm reading to educate myself

I think there is no need to post my stats now !! I'll post it with my diet plan

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsheer View Post
    I'm planning a diet to gain a lean muscle mass and I'll post it in few days so you can comment on it ..

but i have a few questions before i do ..

1- I believe that i'll have to measure my nutrition facts from a raw food ?? so if i visit one of my family or friends how can i measure how much i ate ?

Yes, you typically measure raw/dry food. Of course when you go out to eat, or eat a prepared meal over somebody's house it's very difficult to gauge. All you can do in these cases is take your best guess

2- sometimes while i'm outside home, It's difficult to take my snack with me .. can I drop by subway and eat a turkey sandwich since it's include only turkey, veggie and wheat bread ? or it's considered as a junk food ?

Eating a subway sub is better than not eating at all, but if you can avoid it, then do so. It's definitely not BBing food.

3- is mineral water a good water to drink ?? (because of the sodium)

I like plain old H2O. I don't know that mineral water is BAD, but there's nothing like regular water IMO

I'm sorry for these stupid questions, But I'm still a beginner in this field and I'm reading to educate myself

No worries, they're legitimate questions!

I think there is no need to post my stats now !! I'll post it with my diet plan
    Answers above in bold. Looking forward to seeing your diet plan.

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    If you are referring to meat you can assume 4oz of meat will be about the size of your fist, 4oz of meat has 20-25 grms of rpotien,
    veggies are free macros so eat up providing they r not covered in sauce or butter. Carbs only when needed for energy eg:first thing in morning and pre work out, fats are in all the meat we eat so only consume essential fats ie; omega 3,6,9
    hope this helps and happy growing

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    Agree w/gbrice on the subway. Not my food fo choice but if options are limited then its not that bad.

Hsheer is offline Junior Member
    Thank you all for your replies ...

Quote Originally Posted by MBMETC View Post
    If you are referring to meat you can assume 4oz of meat will be about the size of your fist, 4oz of meat has 20-25 grms of rpotien,
    veggies are free macros so eat up providing they r not covered in sauce or butter. Carbs only when needed for energy eg:first thing in morning and pre work out, fats are in all the meat we eat so only consume essential fats ie; omega 3,6,9
    hope this helps and happy growing
    i was referring to rice, since it's a main dish in kuwait and don't worry i mean brown rice

gbrice75 .. I can see that's you are really active in the diet section and i really like your comments. I'm really looking forward for your comments on my diet plan

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Everyone thinks subway is healthy because they've had a very good marketing plan. In reality, sandwiches are the worst choice. Go somewhere like chipotle and get a double portion of grilled chicken with beans, peppers/onions, romaine, corn, and pico. No white rice, no tortilla, sour cream, cheese, etc. Just shoot for minimally processed lean protein and complex carbs, or even healthy fats like guacomole. Not bread and deli meat.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsheer View Post
    gbrice75 .. I can see that's you are really active in the diet section and i really like your comments. I'm really looking forward for your comments on my diet plan
    Thanks for the kind words bro! There are many other good peeps here who i'm sure will jump in and offer some quality advice as well. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    Everyone thinks subway is healthy because they've had a very good marketing plan. In reality, sandwiches are the worst choice. Go somewhere like chipotle and get a double portion of grilled chicken with beans, peppers/onions, romaine, corn, and pico. No white rice, no tortilla, sour cream, cheese, etc. Just shoot for minimally processed lean protein and complex carbs, or even healthy fats like guacomole. Not bread and deli meat.
    Amen, couldn't agree more. If you have to 'eat out', there are plenty of healthy options. You are far from confined to just sandwiches.

Thread Information