dirtybrd is offline Associate Member

My diet, your feedback

Hey guys, new member, first post but lurking around for a while. Id like someone to go over my diet and give me feedback.

6:30am- Protein shake
    7:15am- 2 egg whites, one whole egg, and a red potato sauteed in Pam, very light season all salt on both
    9:00am- High calorie protein shake (Muscle Juice) half serving mixed with half water and half fat free or lowfat milk. Appox. 25oz and 600 calories
    11:30am- Chicken breast or turkey burger or lean steak, no bread, cooked on George Foreman, sweet potato, plain, and steamed veggies, plain
    2:30pm- High calorie protein shake (Muscle Juice) half serving mixed with half water and half fat free or low fat milk. Appox. 25oz and 600 calories
    4:00pm- Gym
    6:00pm- High calorie protein shake (Muscle Juice) half serving mixed with half water and half fat free or low fat milk. Appox. 25oz and 600 calories
    8:00pm- Chicken breast or turkey burger, no bread, cooked on George Foreman, and steamed veggies, plain
    9:30-10pm- Casein Protein shake, mixed with half water and half fat free or low fat milk.

The reason for the weight gainer shakes is that I have a very hard time eating enough food. My job requires me to be very active and it's difficult carrying around a bloated gut.
    Thanks in advance!!
    Last edited by dirtybrd; 08-28-2010 at 11:48 AM.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtybrd View Post
    Hey guys, new member, first post but lurking around for a while. Id like someone to go over my diet and give me feedback.

6:30am- Protein shake
    7:15am- 2 egg whites, one whole egg, and a red potato sauteed in Pam, very light season all salt on both

Make it 2 whole eggs, 4-6 whites. Drop the red potato and eat a better cleaner carb, such as oats. Sweeten them with splenda and cinnamon instead of sugar. You can add some berries if you'd like

9:00am- High calorie protein shake (Muscle Juice) half serving mixed with half water and half fat free or lowfat milk. Appox. 25oz and 600 calories

Make this meal 9:30am and drop the shake. I read what you said about your job and all, but if you wanna make it in this sport, you gotta man up and eat real food. Shakes will do about 1/4th of what real food will for you. Make this meal a lean protein source and complex carb

11:30am- Chicken breast or turkey burger or lean steak, no bread, cooked on George Foreman, sweet potato, plain, and steamed veggies, plain

Your meals should look like this one! Great meal!

2:30pm- High calorie protein shake (Muscle Juice) half serving mixed with half water and half fat free or low fat milk. Appox. 25oz and 600 calories

Same critique as the first shake. Especially pre-workout. 6-8oz Lean protein and DEFINITELY add a complex carb to fuel your workout, around 40g or so

4:00pm- Gym

6:00pm- High calorie protein shake (Muscle Juice) half serving mixed with half water and half fat free or low fat milk. Appox. 25oz and 600 calories

The shake is acceptable here since it's PWO and you need quick protein. I hope this shake you use is whey? If not, switch it up ASAP. Drop the milk if you can, too much sugar. I'd add 1/2 cup oats to the shake

8:00pm- Chicken breast or turkey burger, no bread, cooked on George Foreman, and steamed veggies, plain

Another good meal, smart idea to drop carbs at this hour. Add a tbsp of EVOO to your veggies to ensure you're getting your healthy fats

9:30-10pm- Casein Protein shake, mixed with half water and half fat free or low fat milk.

Casein is acceptable before bed, but definitely drop the milk here - way too much sugar before bed. ON Casein mixes thick as hell in water. Also, add a tbsp of natural PB to further slow protein absorption

The reason for the weight gainer shakes is that I have a very hard time eating enough food. My job requires me to be very active and it's difficult carrying around a bloated gut.
    Thanks in advance!!
    You have a couple of good meals in there, and a few worthless ones. Suggestions above in bold

Thanks! I take Omega Fish oils to help with the oils. I used to eat oatmeal every morning, I can switch back. I prefer to use Stevia over Spenda. I really wish I could eat more meals instead of the shakes, but that much food makes me feel sick, especially in this heat, I live in Florida. I'll drop the milk, that'll save me a few bucks too, lol. I'll try to squeeze in more food instead of the shakes, maybe a little food and a smaller shake until I can get used to more food? My protein is a whey, whey isolate and casein.
    Last edited by dirtybrd; 08-28-2010 at 03:00 PM.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtybrd View Post
    Thanks! I take Omega Fish oils to help with the oils. I used to eat oatmeal every morning, I can switch back. I prefer to use Stevia over Spenda. I really wish I could eat more meals instead of the shakes, but that much food makes me feel sick, especially in this heat, I live in Florida. I'll drop the milk, that'll save me a few bucks too, lol. I'll try to squeeze in more food instead of the shakes, maybe a little food and a smaller shake until I can get used to more food?
    Stevia's fine, sometimes I use it instead of splenda too.

Not to sound like a dick, but you gotta man up bro! I guarantee after a few weeks of 'force feeding' yourself, your stomach will expand to accommodate the extra food, and you'll wind up feeling hungry for meals again.

You're gonna find very few people on here, if any, telling you different. Shakes are supplements, NOT meal replacements!

Understood and no offense taken!

Thread Information