Thread: Keto Values

Ishallnocheatmyself is offline Associate Member

Keto Values

My question is after reading through top*s keto, is 65% 35% 0% fat pro carb

and i was just double checking but a fat gram is 2x the value of a protein gram?

So as long as i balance my fat and pro by the gram ill have a 65% 32.5% ish ratio right??

digismash is offline Associate Member
    Fat is 9 calories per gram
    Pro and Carbs are 4 per gram

I'm doing 65 fat 30 pro 5 carb, with good results

I use www.fitday.com to keep track, makes it really easy for me!

hey man good ot see someone wiht expierence, um if u have any quick tips or anything i should reeeeally key into about keto diet will u pm me it please and besides meats and oils are there any foods that aren't disgusting i should eat/stay away from,

Btw how long have you been on this diet?, Results?, how do you carb load?, when do i know when im BURNING fat as an energy source its day 2 already and ive been very strict with minimal slip ups, unless theres a ton of carbs in a single potato chip, or like 5 tiny pieces of onion in my ham n egg n cheese omelette.

Btw how do you deal with eating stuff you've been told not to on 45 45 10 ish diets Like sausages are good?? rofllll i feel guilty or i feel eveyone who posted keto diets are gonna scam my body and make me fat hehe

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishallnocheatmyself View Post
    hey man good ot see someone wiht expierence, um if u have any quick tips or anything i should reeeeally key into about keto diet will u pm me it please and besides meats and oils are there any foods that aren't disgusting i should eat/stay away from,

Btw how long have you been on this diet?, Results?, how do you carb load?, when do i know when im BURNING fat as an energy source its day 2 already and ive been very strict with minimal slip ups, unless theres a ton of carbs in a single potato chip, or like 5 tiny pieces of onion in my ham n egg n cheese omelette.

Btw how do you deal with eating stuff you've been told not to on 45 45 10 ish diets Like sausages are good?? rofllll i feel guilty or i feel eveyone who posted keto diets are gonna scam my body and make me fat hehe
    For the majority of people, 20g or less of carbs per day is what's needed to achieve/maintain ketosis. I'm not sure what digismash's total daily calories looks like, but i'm sure 5% is more than 20g - that works for him but may not work for you.

You really do need to be careful with even a bit of onion - very high in sugar and can throw you off. Ideally, all of your carbs will be coming from fiberous veggies, assuming you want to maintain a clean diet even while on keto. Don't forget that protein powder, etc all contain some carbs, so they add up faster then you can imagine.

yeah, i read one of your posts from awhile back that you were on one for a little while.. how did that work out for you?

It wasn't for me. I never really broke through that initial phase and got to a point where you feel much better, as promised. I was weak as hell, lethargic, the gym was a chore, and i was so beat after weight training I would just skip cardio. I went from 185lbs to 177lbs in about a month, but I believe most of my loss was water and LBM - BF% appeared to stay the same, maybe 1% loss.

I'm not saying this is what you can expect, some people have great results on keto, it just wasn't for me.

digismash is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishallnocheatmyself View Post

I am by no means an expert, Gbrice has def had more practical knowledge than me, but i will tell ya my experience.

First read this thread The Cyclic Ketogenic Diet.....
    alot of your questions will be answered in it.

Gbrice is right about carbs adding up quick I try to stay around 20 a day, the protein powder I use has 3 grams per scoop, so if I have 2 shakes a day with 2 scoops thats 12 carbs! Although I usually have one scoop because of my ratios 30/65/5

I dont eat any crap meat/fat I eat omega 3 eggs, chicken, tuna, ground beef. My main sources of fats are UDO oil, EVOO, fish oil tablets, walnuts, avocado (has carbs) and natty peanut butter (more carbs)

for veggies I stick to raw cruciferous veggies like broccoli, cauliflower and asparagus, a nice side effect of these is that they inhibit estrogen.

to your one question, cheese does usually have carbs, you have to be really cautious lol so many things have small amounts of carbs and they add up fast!

I've been on it about a month, scale shows a 12lb loss but I have put on muscle, so prob alot more, and my bp has gone from 165 over 95 to 135 over 65. I carb up on sundays, low fat, good protein sources and clean carbs, brown rice, red potatos, oatmeal, sweet potatos etc. If I really feel the need I will cheat on this day, but this diet for me is great for not making me crave stuff! Hope this helps man, best of luck!!!

Digismash is giving you some good info bro - he's doing the keto diet right IMO. Still keeping it super clean, even on his carb refeed day. I believe results will be optimized if you run the diet the way he is.

To be fair about my own experience, I was NOT eating clean and that probably had alot to do with my results. I was eating bacon, mayo, sausage, cheese - basically feeling bad for myself because I couldn't have carbs, so i would reward myself with crappy food. If I ever decide to run keto again, I will most definitely keep it clean.

well i think i got a good start to it today my foods were , tuna, extra virgin olive oil, eggs and thats it lol, tommorow im gunna buy other meats.. since tuna gets boring as hell but i got 350 cals per meal, i never knew icould add so much fat and calories from one tbsp of olive oil it seems like so much less food when u add liquid but im FULL, i could even eat less. i got my tddee at around 2350 i ate around 2300 and did cardio burned like 400 cals from HIIT, pumps were reeeeeeealy good today since its been a while since i was on a regular gym scheduee.
    Im going by tops scheudele and cardio only tommorow then full body friday,(dead lifts and stuff).
    Since i joined this site with absolutely no weight training /cardio except for summer swimming, ive lost 15lbs of what looks like just fat since i lift exactly like i did in october before injury lol.
    Anyway thanks for the advice and keep following me cause i plan on doing a huge proggy report all year long when io move away.

Note: Gym, at my new school can be compared to golds gym o,0 MASSIVE db's up to 250 LOL

managed 4g's cabrs today unless mustard has any, god i hope not

Thread Information