goodlifting is offline Associate Member

egg whites help!!

i just bought 2 gallons of the pasturized liquid egg whites from "eggwhites international." i've been drinking them straight.

this is my problem: i'm getting horrific gas after i drink this stuff and my bm's aren't as solid as they usually are. i'm getting a feeling that i am not properly digesting these liquid egg whites. or am i just being paranoid? has anyone else had similar experiences?

should i just cook 'em from now on?

bodybuilder is offline Senior Member
    Try an cook em for a week see if anything changes. I cook mine and i have had some gas but not to bad.

yeah i'll try that. they say it's much better to drink them but i'll test this.

bigz1017 is offline New Member
    i dont know anybody that doesnt get gassy from drinking raw eggs, i get some really nasty ones

Dan111 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlifting View Post
    yeah i'll try that. they say it's much better to drink them but i'll test this.
    Where'd you hear that?

There was a post not too long ago describing how it's much more beneficial to cook your egg whites instead of just drinking them straight. Something about the protein being utilized much better with them being cooked as opposed to raw...it was pretty technical and I don't remember the scientific reasoning, but I'm sure someone else can chime in and explain it?

I'll see if I can find the post in the meantime...

EDIT: Here we go, it's from this thread: http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...83#post5325583

Quote Originally Posted by biggerisbetter1827 View Post
    Whole food is much better than replacing meals with protein shakes. However, you can access more of the protein in egg whites if they are cooked. In order to be absorbed by the body proteins must be broken down into their individual amino acids. They are then capable of entering the blood stream and being transported into our cells where they reformed into proteins that our body requires.
    In their uncooked form egg proteins will be in their in quaternary, Tertiary and secondary structures, essentially they are less accessible and it is harder for our body to break these proteins down when they are in these states.And some of these amino acids will pass through our body undigested.
    With cooking the heat causes these proteins to denature into their primary stucture or long chains of polypeptides. In this form it is much easier for our bodies to break the proteins down into their individual amino acids. Therefore taking full advantage of the protein contained within the egg whites.
    Last edited by Dan111; 09-08-2010 at 06:43 PM. Reason: added quote

Quote Originally Posted by Dan111 View Post
    Where'd you hear that?

There was a post not too long ago describing how it's much more beneficial to cook your egg whites instead of just drinking them straight. Something about the protein being utilized much better with them being cooked as opposed to raw...it was pretty technical and I don't remember the scientific reasoning, but I'm sure someone else can chime in and explain it?

I'll see if I can find the post in the meantime...

EDIT: Here we go, it's from this thread: http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...83#post5325583
    i am not asking if it is okay to drink raw eggs.

i am consuming pasturized liquid egg whites. they are liquid and it is suggested by the company to consume them as a liquid, instead of cooking them.

the pasturization process absolutely compromises the tertiary shape of the egg protein. this should make the human digestion of these liquid egg whites possible.

my question: i am not only getting bad gas but unusual watery stool after consuming them. am i just not able to digest the egg whites even if they are pasturized? my guess is that my body may simply lack some of the enzymes that are necessary to process the egg whites.

i have never had trouble with anything like this. i have consumed gallons of milk thoughout the week and eaten 9 eggs in one sitting and never had a reaction like this one.

by the way. i cooked them today for a change. no unusual or negative digestion effects. this kind of pisses me off. this company says you should drink them as a liquid to get the best benefits of the protein. but if one has reactions like bad gas and watery stool, one is obviously not digesting the protein effectively.

hopefully someone with some knowledge on this can chime in on this one.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Normally high protein intake will cause some deadly gas. As for the softer BM, it's the eggs, it will adjust, or ou may have to cut back on how much you use.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN View Post
    Normally high protein intake will cause some deadly gas. As for the softer BM, it's the eggs, it will adjust, or ou may have to cut back on how much you use.
    oh i understand that. but the gas i was having from drinking the egg whites in liquid form would literally make the wall paper peel off the walls in my room. and i've always had a large egg intake before i started these liquids. my bm's would be solid on a normal basis.

hmmmm thanks for the ideas guys.

Thread Information