Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"

Trans Fats to Carbs

Does anyone believe that if you substituted trans fats for ALL other fats in the diet that you could make muscle gains as if they were healthy fats? I would say of course not, and your body is going to have all kinds of issues.

So why not the same thing with carbs though? Why would you expect that you could use shitty carbs to replace what the body was supposed to utilize and expect to make gains?

This is aimed at the' "I eat a candy bar after working out to spike my insulin levels."

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I agree 100% Twist.

dominick2417 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    Does anyone believe that if you substituted trans fats for ALL other fats in the diet that you could make muscle gains as if they were healthy fats? I would say of course not, and your body is going to have all kinds of issues.

So why not the same thing with carbs though? Why would you expect that you could use shitty carbs to replace what the body was supposed to utilize and expect to make gains?

This is aimed at the' "I eat a candy bar after working out to spike my insulin levels."
    I am not trying to argue with everything you post but if your PWO meal is quick digesting sugary carbs it will not hurt, it will probably help. Candy bars would be a stretch but I think some low fat/high sugar sweets would be ok. If you had one meal a week with trans fats it would not be that bad. I do not eat trans fat ever though. I think your example is an extreme and as long as the majority(~95%) of your food is quality protein, carbs and fat you will be ok.

Thread Information