Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    shadowlid is offline Associate Member

How about the atkins diet? Need help getting skinny for a girl!!!

Ok dammit im getting into shape. There is this beautiful girl that just started working at my work. There is just something about here that make me go crazy. She just moved her from out of state so she does not know many people and she does not have a boy friend yet.

Enough with that. I need to lost fat fast. No bull shit. Tell me what i need to do and i will do it. Yesterday i didn't eat anything except having 2 protein shakes. I asked and this is the wrong way to do it.

I have the will power. I just need to get the diet right. I have the money i just dont want to lose out because i was to slow.

So does the atkins diet work. I need some help what foods do i need to eat. I dont dilike many foods so just like what i need. I want to get rapid fat lose. If i have to run 7 days a week for 2 hours straight then thats what i will do.

Im not letting this one slip away. Please help me guys.

Im 6"3'
    215-220lbs
    around 22% bf if i measured it right.

What do i need to give you guys to help me. I just want to lose the fat so i can start bulking.

BodySculptor is offline New Member
    Bro, focus on your diet.

Go here. http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

then figure out Harris Benedict Formula

To determine your total daily calorie needs, multiply your BMR by the appropriate activity factor, as follows:

1. If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
    2. If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
    3. If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
    4. If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
    5. If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

Then take that number and subtract 500 calories. Start with that and see how your body reacts within 2 weeks. Do cardio 3x week. I prefer HIIT.

Macros. Protein = 1.5g/lb
    Fat = .4-.5g/lb
    carb = fill the rest of the carlories

And get in the gym to weight train also. I'm sure that girl wants to feel like shes going out with someone who has muscles and not just a six pack.

Baseball_Player85 is offline Junior Member
    I in no way consider myself a pro or a guru, but with what I’ve read in these forums and on other websites I’ve realized the importance of diet and how it can be the 1 thing holding you back from making the gains you so desire to have.

This is some information I’ve found that you will need to use to calculate the amount of energy you need to consume.

First things first;
    If you don’t know it you will need to get your Body Fat % tested by either a trainer from your gym or your personal Physician.
    If you have a caliper and want to have a friend or family member help you figure out your Body Fat % then go to http://www.linear-software.com/online.html or a similar website that gives you step by step instructions on how and where to test.
    Once you have your Body Fat % figured out we can move towards the next step.
    Figure out your TDEE;
    You can go to a website that will do the math for you if you figure out your Body Fat %
    http://www.cordianet.com/calculator.htm
    Caloric Need:
    BMR = Basal Metabolic Rate - a number that represents your caloric need before factoring in activity level.
    For reference, the formula used is as follows:
    Men: BMR = 66 + (6.23 X weight in pounds) + (12.7 X height in inches) - (6.8 X age)
    Women: BMR = 655 + (4.35 X weight in pounds) + (4.7 X height in inches) - (4.7 X age)
    TDEE = Total Daily Energy Expenditure - This is the BMR times an energy multiplier that is designed to account for how active you are. See below for the formulas used.
    The formula is as follows:
    BMR = 370 + (9.79759519 X Lean Mass in pounds)
    TDEE is calculated by multiplying your BMR by your activity multiplier from the list below:
    • Sedentary = BMR X 1.2 (little or no exercise, desk job)
    • Lightly active = BMR X 1.375 (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk)
    • Mod. active = BMR X 1.55 (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk)
    • Very active = BMR X 1.725 (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk)
    • Extr. active = BMR X 1.9 (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.)
    Caloric Need for Weight loss = (TDEE - 500). This will give an average loss of one pound a week as 500 X 7 days = 3500 calories, or the amount needed to burn one pound of fat.
    Caloric Need for Weight gain = (TDEE + 500). Theoretically it should help you gain one pound a week, but burning one pound of fat a week and gaining one pound of lean muscle is different. I’ve heard of body builders eating an excess of 1500 – 3000 more calories than there TDEE. I would recommend eating between 500 – 750 calories a day.
    List of lean protein sources:
    • Chicken breast
    • Turkey Breast
    • Eggs (whites)
    • Fish
    • Tuna (canned)
    • Bison Meat
    • Venison
    • Ground Beef (7% or less)
    • Lean Steaks
    List of good Carbohydrate Sources:
    • Oatmeal
    • Brown Rice
    • Quinoa
    • Lentils
    • Beans
    • Sweet Potato
    • Grits
    • Fruits & Green Veggies
    • Ezekiel Bread
    • Whole wheat pasta
    • Fat Free Yogurt and Greek
    • Whole Wheat Bread (limited)
    •
    List of good Fat sources:
    • Olive Oil
    • Almonds
    • Walnuts
    • Natural Peanut Butter
    • And Fish Oils
    • Flax seed oil
    • Macadamia nut oil
    If there is a food that you want to find the nutritional value for use a search engine and type in “calorie counter” you will find plenty of sites offering you the information you need.
    Now that you have an idea of what are good sources of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats you need to design your meal plan.
    On a cutting diet your total daily macro’s intake should look something like 45/40/15 = pro., carb., fat.
    If you are doing a bulking diet you should increase the fat a little, but also increase the total calories.

Meal One: pro. (grams)/Carb. (grams)/Fat (grams) - Calorie Totals
    Meal Two: pro. (grams)/Carb. (grams)/Fat (grams) - Calorie Totals
    Meal Three: pro. (grams)/Carb. (grams)/Fat (grams) - Calorie Totals
    Meal Four: pro. (grams)/Carb. (grams)/Fat (grams) - Calorie Totals
    Meal Five: pro. (grams)/Carb. (grams)/Fat (grams) - Calorie Totals
    Meal Six: pro. (grams)/Carb. (grams)/Fat (grams) - Calorie Totals
    Meal Seven (optional): pro. (grams)/Carb. (grams)/Fat (grams) - Calorie Totals
    Meal Eight (optional): pro. (grams)/Carb. (grams)/Fat (grams) - Calorie Totals
    Total Calorie Intake: ? cal. ? g. fat / ? g. carb. / ? g. pro.

Remember to eat every 3-4 hours you want to have your metabolism always at a high energy burning level.

Here is my sample diet that I am currently using as a cutting diet
    Height: 6'1
    Weight: 242
    Body Fat: 23%
    Total Weight Loss: 56 lbs.

This is my diet plan… use this as a guide. The calorie intake I use is different than what you may need.

Breakfast
    1 whole egg -102 cal. 7 g. fat / 1 g. carb. / 7 g. pro.
    6 egg whites -102 cal. 0 g. fat / 0 g. carb. /24 g. pro.
    1 cup oatmeal -166 cal. 2 g. fat / 58 g. carb /10 g. pro.
    1 oz. blueberries -14 cal. 0 g. fat / 3 g. carb. / 0 g. pro.

Post Workout
    Whey protein shake -130 cal. 2 g. fat / 4 g. carb. / 24 g. pro.
    1 banana -70 cal. 0 g. fat / 18 g. carb. / 1 g. pro.

Snack
    6 oz. canned tuna -218 cal. 6 g. fat / 0 g. carb. / 40 g. pro.
    sweet potato -103 cal. 0 g. fat / 24 g. carb. / 2 g. pro.

Lunch (2 options)
    6 oz. baked chicken -210 cal. 4.5 g. fat / 0 g. carb. / 33 g. pro.
    ½ cup of brown rice -108 cal. 1 g. fat / 22 g. carb. / 3 g. pro.
    ½ cup of broccoli -77 cal. 2 g. fat / 5 g. carb. / 3 g. pro.

Snack
    Whole wheat bread -76 cal. 1 g. fat / 13 g. carb. / 4 g. pro.

Dinner (optional on protein source)
    6 oz. Tilapia -150 cal. 4.5 g. fat / 0 g. carb. / 31.5 g. pro.
    6 oz. Salmon -255 cal. 13.5 g. fat / 0 g. carb. / 31.5 g. pro.
    6 oz. Flank steak -351 cal. 18 g. fat / 0 g. carb. / 42 g. pro.
    Ave. Pro. Source -241 cal. 10 g. fat / 0 g. carb. / 34.5 g. pro.
    ½ cup broccoli -77 cal. 2 g. fat / 5 g. carb. / 3 g. pro.
    ½ cup brown rice -108 cal. 1 g. fat / 22 g. carb. / 3 g. pro.

Snack
    Casein protein shake -120 cal. 1 g. fat / 3 g. carb. / 24 g. pro.
    Tbsp.Peanut Butter -200 cal. 16 g. fat / 6 g. carb. / 7 g. pro.

Total Calorie Intake: 2,340 cal. 61.5 g. fat / 184 g. carb. / 262.5 g. pro.

You will need to find out your TDEE and then subtract 500 calories a day.

add CARDIO!!!!

I do morning cardio 45 min. 4 x a week and evening cardio 5 x week for 30 min. and eat 6 meals a day spaced 3-4 hours apart and I'm losing on ave. 3-4 LBs. a week.

everyone is different, but that's the results I am seeing.

Now with all that being said I must say 2 things. I in no way think I'm Dr. Phil, but bro everyone has their imperfections and if you wait until everything is just perfect to make a move it will be too late a dude that cares less will swoop in on your chick. Don't put p***y on the pedestal!!! When I use to I got no action, then in a sense I got to a point where I didn't care and I am now almost a Dick and... well I don't have problems with girls anymore.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    U dont need to run Atkins/Keto to loose fat

Follow a basic low/cycled carb diet

estimations

220 / 100 = 2.2

2.2 x 78 = 171.6 LBM

171.6 x 15 = 2574 cals (mtnce cals)

40% protein = 1030 cals or 257g Pro
    30% Carbs = 772 cals or 193g carbs
    30% Fat = 772 cals or 86g fat

consume carbs in first meal, pre and post workout (while w8 training)
    Train cardio (60-70% max heart rate) for up to 1 hr per day on an empty stomach or post workout (w8's)

good luck

This bird is vunerable m8, u dont ned to show her ur body anyway, that mite just make her feel under pressure

Be her friend as that is what she needs ifshe has just moved towns
    Last edited by baseline_9; 09-14-2010 at 03:14 PM.

Thank you all. I have been talking to her and trying to set up a date. She seems interested when i talk to her in person.

Ill start out being her friend. Also when i gain weight my face blows up (fattins up). I can tell a difference when i was around 185lbs i had them lining up. I just let myself go to long.

Also i dont want just a six pack i want everything big arms, big legs, chest, back, cannon ball shoulders, and in about 6 months if i am doing good. I would like to run my 1st cycle. I love working out it makes me feel good and lets me take out frustration.

Plus when your supper ripped girls just fall in your lap.

But back to the matter at hand. What will make me lose fat faster Atkins or they other diets here. Im trying the atkins right now and i have stayed right around 20carbs the protein shakes bring me a little above. Right now i am at 210lbs i guess its just water weight. I lost 10lbs in 3 days does not sound right.

Im gonna stick with the atkins for right now til i get the 6 meal diet worked out. Ill start on it right now.

Eddie_m63 is offline Member
    Sooo, what happens if she turns you down? Will you stick to your diet?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowlid View Post
    Thank you all. I have been talking to her and trying to set up a date. She seems interested when i talk to her in person.

Ill start out being her friend. Not a good idea, almost never works Also when i gain weight my face blows up (fattins up). I can tell a difference when i was around 185lbs i had them lining up. I just let myself go to long. You probably just lost confidence

Also i dont want just a six pack i want everything big arms, big legs, chest, back, cannon ball shoulders, and in about 6 months if i am doing good. I would like to run my 1st cycle. Too soon! more like 18 months to 3 years I love working out it makes me feel good and lets me take out frustration. That's good it helps me with stress too.

Plus when your supper ripped girls just fall in your lap. Ok Bro, I have a friend that is 6'1 270lbs. probably 35% BF and pulls more girls than anyone I know. He is confident and is the biggest DICK. The longer you wait the more anticapation will build and you will never do it. You should find out what kind of music she's into buy tickets to a show tell her a friend bailed on you and you have an extra ticket... make up something but don't be sweet. I'm glade there aren't many girls on this forum because they would get pissed but girls like dicks I'm telling you bro!

But back to the matter at hand. What will make me lose fat faster Atkins or they other diets here. Im trying the atkins right now and i have stayed right around 20carbs the protein shakes bring me a little above. Right now i am at 210lbs i guess its just water weight. I lost 10lbs in 3 days does not sound right.

Im gonna stick with the atkins for right now til i get the 6 meal diet worked out. Ill start on it right now.
    everything I've read atkins is pretty unhealthy. also to keep your metabolism burning on high you need to be eating every 3-4 hours and I don't think atkins mentions that.

Rgr ill stick with the Atkins for now til i get the 6 meal plan done. I should have it for you guys tomorrow.

Yea if she turns me down there are many fish in the sea. And if she does that will be more incentive to show her what she missed out on.

I now have the money and the time to work out so im going for it. Im gonna start back in the gym in october. When my partner will be there everyday. And he shows up everyday. Its my grandpa lol that man is dedicated he is 65 and he could out work me hands down. He gets pretty buff. I just need someone that will make me come to the gym and i can do the rest.

Just wondering is it possible to lose fat and gain strength/muscle. I know that the more muscle mass you have the more calories your body will burn. Im kind of stuck on this.

Again thanks to all i will keep you updated.

Does this sound right bmr=2265.8
    tdee- 3115.475 I think i did somthing wrong here. Maybe not but.

76inches tall
    220 lbs
    20 years old

Failure is offline Associate Member
    Don't even bother with Atkins. It'll take you about a week to get into Ketosis and you will see any benefit unless it is done for a while. Stop being impulsive and do it the right way. She already knows if she wants you or not, you aren't going to change her mind by losing 10lbs in a week. I would work on my confidence instead and wait for someone to come up with a proper diet that you wont gain it all back on when you cheat.

well you're 6'4 and you're only 20 years old so that could be right. What are you saying your acitvity level is?

Quote Originally Posted by Baseball_Player85 View Post
    well you're 6'4 and you're only 20 years old so that could be right. What are you saying your acitvity level is?
    Right now Lightly active = BMR X 1.375 (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk) when i get back into the gym this will change.

How does this look note i used baseballs diet its seem to be food i like to eat i just changed around some things.This would be easy for me to fix and cheap to buy. Also my dad just killed a deer yesterday so i have about 80lbs of meat for free!!!!

Breakfast
    1 whole egg -102 cal. 7 g. fat / 1 g. carb. / 7 g. pro.
    6 egg whites -102 cal. 0 g. fat / 0 g. carb. /24 g. pro.
    1 cup oatmeal -166 cal. 2 g. fat / 58 g. carb /10 g. pro.
    1 oz. blueberries -14 cal. 0 g. fat / 3 g. carb. / 0 g. pro.

Post work out
    Whey protein shake 240cal- 4.5g fat/ 8g carbs/ 52g protein
    Flax oil

Snack
    sweet potato -103 cal. 0 g. fat / 24 g. carb. / 2 g. pro.

Lunch (2 options)
    ½ cup of brown rice -108 cal. 1 g. fat / 22 g. carb. / 3 g. pro.
    ½ cup of broccoli -77 cal. 2 g. fat / 5 g. carb. / 3 g. pro.
    Flax oil

Snack
    Whole wheat bread -76 cal. 1 g. fat / 13 g. carb. / 4 g. pro. Very sparingly. Maybe once a week.

Dinner (optional on protein source)
    6 oz. Salmon -255 cal. 13.5 g. fat / 0 g. carb. / 31.5 g. pro
    6 oz. baked chicken -210 cal. 4.5 g. fat / 0 g. carb. / 33 g. pro
    Deer (Venison), roasted 4oz - 179cal 3.6gfat/ 0g carb/ 34.1g pro.
    Deer (venison), roasted 80z- 357cal 7.2g fat/ 0g carb/ 68.2g pro
    Catfish, cooked, dry heat 119cal/ 3.3g fat/ 0g carbs/ 20.9g protein
    ½ cup brown rice -108 cal. 1 g. fat / 22 g. carb. / 3 g. pro.
    ½ cup broccoli -77 cal. 2 g. fat / 5 g. carb. / 3 g. pro.
    Flax oil

Average protein source per day 224cal 7.02g fat/ 0 carbs/ 37.54 g protein

Snack
    Whey protein shake 240cal- 4.5g fat/ 8g carbs/ 52g protein

Total Calorie Intake: 2022cal 45.5g fat/ 169carbs/ 303g protein

Also could someone check and make sure i did my tdde right? I want to start this diet right not get down the road 3 weeks and see hey this is not working. though it happen i would rather get it right the 1st time if possible.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    You should aim for 2500 calories - 2800 calories.
    use a 40/40/20 split.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Fvck TDEE BMR and all of that sh1t

LBM x 15 is always around where you need to be to loose weight

I see people on here spending more time working out these calculations than actually doing somthing about there fat ass

As twist says 2500-2800 is about rite

Look back to post 5, its all layed out for you

Twist says 40 40 20, i prefer 40 30 30, it personal preference

U can spend as much time as u want working all these sums out but you always need to make changes anyway so i say stop making it so complicated to Noobs,

LBM x 15 to loose weigth

LBM x 15 + 500 to 700 to gain weight

Natureboy71 is offline Associate Member
    Do it for yourself. Or better yet, the next chick that comes along. You'll be ready by then.

To natureboy thats what im doing as of right now im doing it for me im tired of being out of shape i want to be ripped and not ashamed to take my shirt off at the pool i want to be proud of my body. I know there are millions of other chicks out there.

But she is added inspiration. If things dont work out. Then it was not meant to be.

Update well i asked her out on a date today and she said yes!!

Also i did 9.4miles today. Of those i probably ran 4miles. The good thing about the place i run if you run the 4.2 there you have to run it back. LOL This was my first day back doing this and if my legs will bare with me im gonna go back tomorrow. On an empty stomach.

Came home and ate some egg whites and a protein shake.

Still on the atkins as of right now til i get a solid 6 meal deal done here.

Found your thread bro.

So yeah eat the 2500 calories minimum, Try to get your fat sources from fish and omega 3s or extra virgin olive oil. Keep fat at 15%, not above 20, and not below 10. DO cardio like your life (or gf) depend on it. Other than that get down a decent workout split and you will be good. Just do cardio. Push your anaerobic threshold constantly.

mrdude is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure View Post
    Don't even bother with Atkins. It'll take you about a week to get into Ketosis and you will see any benefit unless it is done for a while. Stop being impulsive and do it the right way. She already knows if she wants you or not, you aren't going to change her mind by losing 10lbs in a week. I would work on my confidence instead and wait for someone to come up with a proper diet that you wont gain it all back on when you cheat.
    I agree. Confidence is more important. Girls care more about the guy's personality than how he looks.
    I also agree with the Keto diet. I think it's better to do carb cycling over a week or just through the day. Like the other guys said. Carbs for breakfast and before and after weight lifting and when you are the most active in the day or have all but moderate carb meals if you have a physical labor.

So does the diet i have up look good. I need to add 500 calories but other than that.

Couple more questions.

1.How much flax oil do you recommend? In grams or mg.

I bought it in pill form but if they have it in liquid form ill get it. I usally take 3000mg or 3g i dont think this is enough.

2. Can i do my cardio at night and will it still work? I know your suppose to do it on an empty stomach but if i wait til i get out of school then that will be at 1:00 i dont think i can fit all 6 meal in if i wait til then. Ill try to get up early enough to go run before class. So i will have to get up around 5:00am

3. What is the minimum days of cardio you think i should do. Dont get me wrong im shooting for 7 days a week. Im getting ready to go run again. But some weeks im busier then others. And my legs are burning so bad right now. But im still going.

4. Could you tweak the diet above? Im not a picky eater what so ever if you say i should eat it i will. Also i would like to start this diet Monday so if we could get it ironed out before then that would be great.

5. Any supplements you think i should take to help boost my metabolism?

So does the diet i have up look good. I need to add 500 calories but other than that.
    Looks good to me. Just focus on training and cardio
    Couple more questions.

1.How much flax oil do you recommend? In grams or mg.

I bought it in pill form but if they have it in liquid form ill get it. I usally take 3000mg or 3g i dont think this is enough.
    I take fish oil and do not count it at all. I just take it to be healthy. 3g is fine unless you are using to solely to meet your calorie goals in which case you need to up it according to what your calorie goals require.

2. Can i do my cardio at night and will it still work? I know your suppose to do it on an empty stomach but if i wait til i get out of school then that will be at 1:00 i dont think i can fit all 6 meal in if i wait til then. Ill try to get up early enough to go run before class. So i will have to get up around 5:00am
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. On an empty stomach is great if not, who cares. The point is that you get in and do it, and you put 100% to it.

3. What is the minimum days of cardio you think i should do. Dont get me wrong im shooting for 7 days a week. Im getting ready to go run again. But some weeks im busier then others. And my legs are burning so bad right now. But im still going.
    14 times per week... Obviously the more you can do the better. Under 3 days I think is almost useless. To seriously lose weight I would say do no less than 5 days of cardio per week

4. Could you tweak the diet above? Im not a picky eater what so ever if you say i should eat it i will. Also i would like to start this diet Monday so if we could get it ironed out before then that would be great.
    Nit picking it won't help much. It looks good so just meet your calorie goals and stick to your diet.

5. Any supplements you think i should take to help boost my metabolism?
    no
    bold

Ishallnocheatmyself is offline Associate Member
    lmfao. this is the greatest motivation ive seen yet, honustly your making the right choice either way by getting healthier/ less fat, but you sound like a nice guy, why dont you just talk to her and get to know, ask if u could take her and show her around the city and do fun shit just dont be the regular joe and ask her out, do sometin fun lol. nice stats by the way sound same as me good luck with the ***** getting but in the long run it should be about you not her.

tell her why your trying to loose weight and i bet she would be more supprised and flattered and happy than if u loose 10 pounds in a month and flex in front of her lol.

Did 4.2miles today. But my legs where so sore couldn't do any more. Hopefully going to do another 4.2 or more tomorrow.

Gonna go shopping for my food Sunday. I want to thank all of you for the help and i will keep you all updated.

One more question. Since i have been doing atkins and i have not cheated what so ever. If i switch straight to the 2500 cal diet will i gain fat?

oh man.

???? oh man what?

westcoastriot is offline New Member
    Im with you on trying to figure out the diet part of getting healthy. Im used to eating 2 meals a day usually, and now everyone is saying 6! laugh. Try fixing your diet when you work 4 out of 5 weeks in an isolated work camp. But Im with ya 100% Start it for the girl, finish it for yourself. Good luck!

Thanks man. Listen fellows i need some help again fast. Which ive lost 8lbs on the atkins. Probably mostly water weight. On the scale this morning a surprising 205 this is from 220. I dont thing i had this much water weight but just weighed and im 212. This is the water weight im guessing.

1. When i switch to the 6 meal a day diet will this make me gain fat. Im shooting for 7 days of cardio. I missed today my legs cant take anymore dont want to actually injure them. But im hitting the gym tomorrow and also doing cradio. Hopefully gonna work out 3 days a week and do cardio 7 days a week.

2. On the tread mill or just running. What am i looking for in terms of speed. What signs do i need to look for for maximum fat burning.

3. Which one will actual scientifically make me loss fat faster atkins or the 6 meal deal?

I can't help you with the diet bro, but I can tell you for a fact that I run twice a day, 6 - 7 days a week and unless Im running on a good treadmill, bark mulch, or a rubber track my knees begin to feel like two small sacks of dry rocks rubbing together. If you're serious about the cardio, make sure you got proper footwear on and look at where you're running. Some guys, like me, can't take pavement. Also, make sure you stretch before your run, and after you finish running, do a cool down lap followed by some more stretching. You'll be amazed at how much this will help your endurance.

Actually, as I think about it, you should look at the sticky'd post 'http://forums.steroid .com/showthread.php?t=323516

The thread itself is called 'So you want to learn how to diet?' Its located at the top of this forum. Its got some links to videos that go into some really good details about dieting. Takes about an hour to watch, but its really informative. The guy talks a bit about the atkins diet too. You might find some of the information very useful in helping you to answer your own questions.

Peace.

max fat loss you should keep you heart rate at about 125-135 bpm do any cardio machine that will help you achieve that, do it as long as possible.. the longer the better no more than one hour..

Thanks man. Listen fellows i need some help again fast. Which ive lost 8lbs on the atkins. Probably mostly water weight. On the scale this morning a surprising 205 this is from 220. I dont thing i had this much water weight but just weighed and im 212. This is the water weight im guessing.

1. When i switch to the 6 meal a day diet will this make me gain fat. Im shooting for 7 days of cardio. I missed today my legs cant take anymore dont want to actually injure them. But im hitting the gym tomorrow and also doing cradio. Hopefully gonna work out 3 days a week and do cardio 7 days a week.start well below the calorie intake you are now eating (like 400 cals below) and up it gradually while you do cardio to ease into the diet

2. On the tread mill or just running. What am i looking for in terms of speed. What signs do i need to look for for maximum fat burning.
    After a workout use stairmaster or the treadmill. do cardio for as long as you can after a workout. If the cardio is pwo then don't exceed an hour and a half of total workout time. If not, then do it as long as you can, I say minimum 45 minutes. Do interval training.

3. Which one will actual scientifically make me loss fat faster atkins or the 6 meal deal?
    depends on your body. If you are losing weight easily on the atkins diet then why change? If it aint broke... anyway, change it when you hit a plateau
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishallnocheatmyself View Post
    max fat loss you should keep you heart rate at about 125-135 bpmnot true do any cardio machine that will help you achieve thatdo stairmaster or treadmill, do it as long as possible.. the longer the better no more than one hourwhen after a weight training session..
    All machines are not created equal. I can sit on a bench and hyperventilate till my heart rate is 70% max but does that mean I am burning the same amount of cals as if I were running? Nope. Do work.

I've just started splitting up my cardio routine and doing half as my warm up and the other half PWO. I haven't noticed any difference yet other than the fact that I have far more energy to do my weights now that Im not doing a full cardio regime first, and the second half after the workout feels like Im running through a meat grinder. So Im expecting good things down the road. This might help you maintain your cardio as you begin doing some weights. I was doing strictly cardio and not seeing the fat loss I wanted until I started lifting a little. Someone told me that muscle burns more calories so even if you don't build up bulk, your lean muscle will still help you loose the weight while you're gaining strength.

Does any of that make sense? Im still trying to wrap my head around all this too! laugh.

Later...

Im working my ass off. Ran a little 5 miles today did 4.2 in about 45 minutes im speeding up i about puked. I was gagging. Also worked out. Going to the gym 5 days a week and gonna run cardio 7 days a week. **** it im getting this shit done. I dont know what it is but i dont feel like eating. Seriously i only ate 2 eggs a protein shake and took some NO explode today. And right now i feel full. If i try to eat something i feel like im gonna puke.

Does anyone know how to explain this?? I need to eat i want to keep some of my muscle. Im gonna try to put down another protein shake. And take some flax oil.

Twist dont be a dick lol, i mean of the cardio machines available they will all burn calories casue thats what there meant for. and good work on the running man

um you should be hungry as **** but im never hungry immediatly after cardio i get a kind of sick feeling too.. maybe wait a little bit and see if your hungry

Twist is not being a dick.

Also i got down a protein shake but now i feel like shit. Ill try and eat more tomorrow.

beats me, and im not saying hes a dick to u just the sitting in one spot hyper ventilating thing was directed at me lol not u. and yeah im usually staaaarvin, are u drinkin lots of water dehydration can make u feel sick with low apetite..

Im working my ass off. Ran a little 5 miles today did 4.2 in about 45 minutes im speeding up i about puked. I was gagging. Also worked out. Going to the gym 5 days a week and gonna run cardio 7 days a week. **** it im getting this shit done. I dont know what it is but i dont feel like eating. Seriously i only ate 2 eggs a protein shake and took some NO explode today. And right now i feel full. If i try to eat something i feel like im gonna puke.

Does anyone know how to explain this?? I need to eat i want to keep some of my muscle. Im gonna try to put down another protein shake. And take some flax oil.
    You are overtraining my friend. Your central nervous system needs a break. You should not do high intensity for so long. Do short bursts followed by longer lower intensity exercise. Cardio example:
    Phase 1
    5-10 minutes warmup
    Phase 2
    3 minutes slow
    2 minutes building up to an all out sprint
    1 minute all out sprint
    4-5 minutes slow
    Phase 3
    5 minutes cool down

repeat phase 2 for 40 - 50 minutes when cardio only day.
    If after weight training, repeat phase 2 for 20 minutes and then do low intensity for the remainder.

Weight training and cardio should not exceed 90 minutes, cardio only can be up to 2.5 hours, with phase 2 constituting 60 minutes of total time.

Definitions:
    MHR - max heart rate
    High intensity (sprint)- 85% or more mhr
    Lower intensity(slow) - 65-70% mhr

Twist dont be a dick lol, i mean of the cardio machines available they will all burn calories casue thats what there meant for. and good work on the running man
    Not trying to be a dick. Sorry if I came off that way. elliptical will not burn calories like a stairmaster. If you are not obese, or you are not below 8%bf, and you do not have any medical issues, you do not belong on the elliptical.
    The elliptical is a machine designed for people who do not want to work when they go to the gym. People are always trying to scheme ways to not have to try hard when they go to workout. If you didn't have to put out effort, it would be called "playing at the gym" not "working out"

um you should be hungry as **** but im never hungry immediatly after cardio i get a kind of sick feeling too.. maybe wait a little bit and see if your hungry
    I don't get hungry immediately after cardio. If you are trying really hard, as you seem to be, your body is going to want to shut down completely. I start yawning, my eyes start tearing etc. Your body wants to shut down. eat clean and take a day off.

Twist is not being a dick.

Also i got down a protein shake but now i feel like shit. Ill try and eat more tomorrow.
    This is what shakes are meant for.

beats me, and im not saying hes a dick to u just the sitting in one spot hyper ventilating thing was directed at me lol not u. and yeah im usually staaaarvin, are u drinkin lots of water dehydration can make u feel sick with low apetite..
    Great point with the water issue. Could be dehydration.

Once again I wasn't trying to be rude. elliptical is not far off from hyperventilating IMO. It is designed for the consumer to feel good about working out, without actually doing so. I don't think they should be allowed in gyms.

Sorry to thread jack but since we are on the topic.

What would be a better alternative aside from Treadmill and the Stairmill? I can only do the stairmill for 5 mins before I can't go anymore. It's pretty sad. Also on a side note, a rather stupid question but when entering weight on a machine do you only enter LBM or your full weight for estimated calories burned?

I usually warm up on the eliptical and switch to treadmill.

Don't worry about all that calorie machine stuff cuz its wrong anyway. Do the stairmaster for as long as you can (rotating stairs) then do treadmill, then bike, then elliptical. Order of importance

Will do ty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information