222ph is offline New Member

How do I know which macro's I should up?

I'm currently trying to mass. I went from 123lbs to 136lbs eating, 250pro, 250carb, 85fat on w/o days, and 250pro, 200carb, 100fat on off days. I've been at a stand still for few months now, and strength isn't increasing as fast as it was. 2 months ago I upped my protein to 300g and kept the fat/carbs the same but, I still haven't gained any weight.

How do I know which macro's I should up to build lean mass?

EDIT: I know it's some where on this site but, I've been searching forever and can't find it.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Your protein is way too high for what you are trying to do. 200 grams is the most you would require at 136lbs. Try adding more carbs being you are already at 100 grams of fat. Also, I would not lower my cals on non workout days either in your situation. Lastly, all the calories in the world are not going to build lean mass without proper stimulas. Are you increasing your intensity and pushing heavy weights on compound movements?

I do a 3-day split(MWF) [ABCD]

A
    Lat Pull-Down 4 x 10
    Dumbbell Curl 3 x 10
    Deadlift 1 x 3, 1 x 10
    Pull Thru’s 3 x 10,
    Leg Press Calf Raise 4 x 25

B
    Bench Press 3x6
    Incline DB Bench 3 x 10
    Lateral Raise 4 x 10
    Decline Skull Crushers 4 x 10
    Hanging Leg Raises 3 x AMAP

C
    Dumbbell Row 3 x 15
    Incline Hammer Curl 3 x 10
    Squat 1 x 5, 1 x 10
    Romanian Deadlift 2 x 8
    Standing Raise 4 x 15

D
    Military Press 3x8
    Dips 4 x 10
    Dumbbell Fly 4 x 10
    DB Skull Crushers 4 x 10
    Weighted abs 3 x 12

I try to increase weight on every lift. And on my last sets I go to one before failure.

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    Your protein is way too high for what you are trying to do. 200 grams is the most you would require at 136lbs. Try adding more carbs being you are already at 100 grams of fat. Also, I would not lower my cals on non workout days either in your situation. Lastly, all the calories in the world are not going to build lean mass without proper stimulas. Are you increasing your intensity and pushing heavy weights on compound movements?
    Also the reason I have carbs low is because whenever I seem to eat more, I feel like I gain fat and no muscle. Could be in my head.

Thread Information