Thread: ????? Oats

Muscledweebe is offline Junior Member

????? Oats

Would 2 cups of oats in a shake be equivelent to taking 2 cups of cooked oats?? I tend to make a shake from oats as its less filling and quicker to make, just wanted to make sure im taking in the same nutrients, cuz ive seen that whole foods are better then shakes

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    oats are oats, raw or cooked. Might digest a little quicker cooked but thats about it. I use to make my whole breakfast into a shake when i was bulking. (30g whey 1 cup oats 1 banana 2 whole eggs and two tbsp peanut butter 1 cup fat free milk) Was nice to get that 1000 calories out of the way first thing in the morning especially when you're eating 5kcal's a day

Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    oats are oats, raw or cooked. Might digest a little quicker cooked but thats about it. I use to make my whole breakfast into a shake when i was bulking. (30g whey 1 cup oats 1 banana 2 whole eggs and two tbsp peanut butter 1 cup fat free milk) Was nice to get that 1000 calories out of the way first thing in the morning especially when you're eating 5kcal's a day
    Oh sh!t thats a great idea!! Im like at 4200 cal a day now, but any chance u can lay out ur bulk diet so i can compare with mine? My first meal usually consist of 6 egg whites 3 whole eggs 2 cups of oat shake w/1 scoop whey and whole milk. I go with whole milk as im an ectomorph w/ a rediculous metabolism, and bf really doesnt go up. One of the lucky ones i guess

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    i dont' remember the complete specifics its in a notebook somewhere i can give you general layout.

meal 1 Soon as i wake up
    Above mentioned shake

Meal two no more than 3 hours later
    6 hard boiled eggs (2 whole 4 whites) 3 oz rasins 4 oz almonds

meal 3
    10oz chicken breast 4oz cottage cheese 6oz sweet potatoes 4oz collard greens 8oz fat free milk

Meal 4 Post workout shake on training days (60g whey protien 50g dextrose 10g flaxseed oil)
    non training days 8oz sirloin 5oz brown rice 5oz mixed vegatables

meal 5 clif builder protien bar 3 oz beef jerky

Meal 6 rasins and almonds again (snack)

meal 7 1/2 cup cottage cheese 30grams cassien protien

This was all approximate. I figured the numbers before at around 4.8kcal a day like i said some of the numbers may be off

Thanks alot for the input!! Ill pick at it so i can make my current diet better

Thread Information