P90
    P90 is offline Junior Member

critque needed of my diet and training

Hey guys, I was hoping that you could tell me if you think my diet and training is any good to support bigger gains? My stats are:

Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 80kg (176lbs)
    BF: 8-10% approx
    Training experience: Gymnast from 7yrs old til 17yrs old, track althlete from 17 to 25, and weight training only (and kickboxing) for the last 13months.

I train weights 5 days a week and kickbox twice a week. day 1 chest, day 2 shoulders, day 3 arms, day 4 back, day 5 kickboxing, day 6 legs, day 7 kickbox.

My weight reps are 3-4sets being able to do no more than 6-8 reps on compound exercises and 12-14 on isolation exercises.

I eat 7-8 times a day which is usually:
    4egg whites, 2 whole eggs with 2 slices wholemeal toast and whey with milk.
    Oatmeal with milk and whey
    chicken with either wholemeal rice or pasta and veg
    Protein shake
    wholemeal bagle with peanut butter and a banana
    Protein shake
    Tuna or chicken
    Protein shake before bed.

I also snack on almonds and fruit through the day and drink around 3-4lts of water per day.

With all that eating and limiting my cardio I'm still stuck at 80kgs.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by P90 View Post
    Hey guys, I was hoping that you could tell me if you think my diet and training is any good to support bigger gains? My stats are:

Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 80kg (176lbs)
    BF: 8-10% approx
    Training experience: Gymnast from 7yrs old til 17yrs old, track althlete from 17 to 25, and weight training only (and kickboxing) for the last 13months.

I train weights 5 days a week and kickbox twice a week. day 1 chest, day 2 shoulders, day 3 arms, day 4 back, day 5 kickboxing, day 6 legs, day 7 kickbox.

I'm not in love with your split. Shoulders the day after chest? You're probably overworking them, or at the very least short changing them.

My weight reps are 3-4sets being able to do no more than 6-8 reps on compound exercises and 12-14 on isolation exercises.

I personally would alternate reps high/low with compound exercises.

I eat 7-8 times a day which is usually:
    4egg whites, 2 whole eggs with 2 slices wholemeal toast and whey with milk.

Oats would be a better choice for carbs.

Oatmeal with milk and whey

Whey what, protein powder? How about some real food here?

chicken with either wholemeal rice or pasta and veg

Decent meal

Protein shake

Unless this is PWO, eat real food here - 6-8oz lean protein and 40-50g complex carb

wholemeal bagle with peanut butter and a banana

Well this is a crap meal! No protein source whatsoever! Drop the entire meal and do another 6-8oz lean protein and 40-50g complex carb

Protein shake

Again, unless this is PWO, eat real food

Tuna or chicken

And? No carbs? no fats? no veggies?

Protein shake before bed.

Make sure it's casein, not whey. You could also do full fat cottage cheese, or a lean beef.

I also snack on almonds and fruit through the day and drink around 3-4lts of water per day.

I know you're looking to add weight, but be careful about snacking indiscriminantly or the bodyfat can easily creep up, especially mixing fats (nuts) and sugar (fruits).

With all that eating and limiting my cardio I'm still stuck at 80kgs.
    Comments above in bold. You don't have the greatest diet IMO. Next time you post up your diet, please include time of day for each meal, where your workout fits into the day, portion size for all foods, and macro info for each meal. Then we can help you sort it out better.

P90
    P90 is offline Junior Member
    thanks for the comments dude.

to give you more detail my average day would be (btw my diet is for bulking - i have a hard time gaining, its taken me just over a year to again 10kgs and i've maintained a low bf %). Whey protein i use is Sci-MX Lean Grow MRF:

7am - 4egg whites, 2whole eggs, 2 slices whole meal toast. 2 scoops whey protein with 400ml whole milk (this amount of whey with milk is around 450kcals and 35g protein and 30g carbs).

9:30am - 200g oatmeal with 2% milk and one scoop whey protein added in.

12:00pm - Chicken breast or prawns with a cup of wholemeal pasta or wholemeal rice or 2 medium size sweet potatoes. with veggies

2:30pm - 2 scoops whey protein with 2% milk.

4:30pm - 2 slices wholemeal bread or bagel with peanut butter and a banana (this is PreWO, carbs/little protein i know, but its energy).

7:30pm - 2 scoops whey protein with full fat milk and a banana (PostWO).

10:00pm - Chicken breast or can of tuna with veggies and glass of milk before bed.

This is a regular day, the plan i originally posted was what i ate today. I added in an extra can of tuna to increase my protein intake. Fruit is normally eaten with a meal and i have a handful of almonds as a snake during the day.

Really speaking I'm not taking in 3 shakes, I've recently split my two daily shakes into 3 so i can absorb more protein at regular intervals.

3-4 liters of water pre day, workout sups are creatine and NO. I also take multi-vitamins, iron sups, omega 3 & 6 and green tea extract.

Anymore tips would be great. If you can suggest any alterations, I'll be very happy to hear them.

PS, i don't eat red meat. well very rear to i (just the way i like it too lol)

Thread Information