Dr Pepper is offline Anabolic Member

If you had to!?!?

If you had to go out to a restaurant for a meal while on keto. Is there any obvious meal choices that are low to NO carb meals???

hank1234 is offline New Member
    well obviously meats, but salad of just letuce, cucumber other toppins will have carbs. celery.

tembe is offline Member
    wen i was on keto and this happened simply make it ur cheat meal for the week

Failure is offline Associate Member
    For lower carb Cobb salad w/o tomato, and croûtons, Ranch has hardly any carbs. But basically just meat and steamed broccoli, hamburgers w/o the bun, and grilled salmon, just the really boring stuff. A lot of restaurants have a nutritional value pamphlet so you can check out what you are curious about.

Depending on what phone you have there are also apps that give you nutritional information on foods, I use Calorie Tracker for iPhone.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by tembe View Post
    ^^^ This. If it happens to be mid-week and/or not your scheduled day for a cheat meal, then just be smart, get a steak, grilled chicken, etc and don't eat the sides other then maybe veggies.

oker is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tembe View Post
    Yes! same when I was on keto...although I still avoided the the carbs to the best of my ability - I'd go for a chicken kiev, for example, but not eat the baked pot or fries that came with it, and got a side salad. Unless it was a cheat day then I'd gobble that baked pot down with double sour cream!

Choppers is offline Associate Member
    steak and salad.

Ishallnocheatmyself is offline Associate Member
    BIG ASS BUCKET OF deep fried chicken from kfc? ahaha

or if they off breakfast things get a dope ass omelet with steak and tell them cheese steak and egg no others llll

also @ oker.. on keto when should i have this cheat meal.. considering it could tak u out of ketosis so obviously not sun-mon

Quote Originally Posted by Ishallnocheatmyself View Post
    also @ oker.. on keto when should i have this cheat meal.. considering it could tak u out of ketosis so obviously not sun-mon
    I usually had my cheat meals on re-feed days or carb-up days...for me it was the Monday and would eat triple cheeseburger at Macdonalds, for example, with fries, latte, and white chocolate cheese cake - loved Mondays!!!

But this kind of meal was once a week and only on carb-up days. However, if it was while I was on the keto diet, high fat no carbs, (from tuesday to sunday) I'd eat any high fat meal...example if I was at sizzler I'd go for just meat like chicken and/or steak etc, no baked pot or fries but choose salad bar instead.

Point is any meal can be a cheat on keto days, but you simply need to avoid the carbs during the keto period. Obviously you wouldn't be eating the pot salad from the salad bar, but broc salad, lettuce, etc. Some people have a small amount of carbs even on keto days, but i avoided all carbs so that cheat day was a little more interesting :-) In short, cheat meal with carbs on re-feed days ONLY...while on keto you can cheat with high fat meals (but no carbs), but at the same being careful not to go over your daily cal intake.
    Last edited by oker; 09-22-2010 at 03:08 AM.

BIG ASS BUCKET OF deep fried chicken from kfc? ahaha

or if they off breakfast things get a dope ass omelet with steak and tell them cheese steak and egg no others llll
    I'd never eat a big bucket of chicken bro even on carb-up days - that is to over indulge and a huge amount of saturated fat. If I was in keto I'd have 3 chicken tenders from MacDonald’s, for example, and a mac salad. Here in Asia the tenders are deep fried in batter so bear in mind there is still some sugar in there, but this wouldn't happen often and only if I was on the road. It would be in place of the 11AM meal, for example.

There is a real danger of over-indulging and one can fall into the trap of making one cheat meal become 4 meals in one. A large bucket of chicken would be way over daily maintenance and that's not good bro - 2-3 pieces of chicken max in any one sitting…and eat it with some salad for roughage, easier to digest all that fat.

do u mind sending me a pm of ur old keto diet... my maintain cals is 3500 and im cutting to 3000 + daily cardio and all ive eaten was egg , cheese olive oil chicken (skinless boneless) and like a little salad. i need to make a list for next week to go grocery shoppin and any tips? cause its now wednesday i started monday morning and im only in 1 or 2nd level of keto on the keto stix scale.. but after work out monday it was like almost max lol hit me up please \;0

do u mind sending me a pm of ur old keto diet... my maintain cals is 3500 and im cutting to 3000 + daily cardio and all ive eaten was egg , cheese olive oil chicken (skinless boneless) and like a little salad. i need to make a list for next week to go grocery shoppin and any tips? cause its now wednesday i started monday morning and im only in 1 or 2nd level of keto on the keto stix scale.. but after work out monday it was like almost max lol hit me up please \;0
    Will post it up for you bro give me a sec...

DIET ONE - KETO

Meal 1 - 8:00AM
    2 whole eggs
    2 slice canandian bacon
    1 tbsp butter
    1 tbsp Mustard
    X 2 fish oil caps (contains omega 3, 6, and 9)
    (Eggs and bacon cooked in butter)

Meal 2 - 11:00PM
    30g peanuts
    25grams cheddar
    x 2 fish oil caps

Meal 3 - 2:00PM
    120 grams chic fried in pesto with EVOO (about 3 chicken tenders, medium)
    1tbsp mayo, 1 Tbsp mustard (mixed as dipping sauce)
    Salad
    2 x fish oil caps

Meal 4 - 5:00PM
    30g peanut
    25grams Cheddar
    2 x fish oil

Meal 5 - 8:00PM
    WHEY W. OUT DAYS ONLY
    CHICK. CH. ONLY IF HUNGRY
    Whey (Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri)
    Non WO days, Chicken and Cheese
    Broc

Meal 6 - 10:30
    1 heaped scoop Casein

Nothing really exciting in that diet. The chicken and other meals were prepared the night before for convenience, except breakfast. The nuts and cheese was more a snack than a meal. However, I lost no muscle and also lost 10kg of fat in around 6-8 weeks. I pretty much stuck to this diet during that period and didn’t deviate except re-feed/carb up days. Your daily maintenance is similar to mine…what’s your stats bro?
    Last edited by oker; 09-23-2010 at 12:52 AM.

Thread Information