Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    joecrx is offline Associate Member
    Thanks bud. Yeah legs are lacking a little but Rome was not built in a day!lol I do plenty of squats but not any more than any other body part, should I change that? By the way guys 223lbs this morning!

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LBSOMEIRON View Post
    You're a licensed trainer?
    Yes, are you incredibly surprised? Not a certified nutrionist. Owned my own gym, worked as a trainer to special forces unit in Iraq and then at a few local gyms here near where I live. Certification is not required in most states, so I did not get mine until about 5 years ago. I even have a two million dollar insurance policy for my personal trainer business, one million for me and one million for any gym I work at.

Quote Originally Posted by joecrx View Post
    Thanks bud. Yeah legs are lacking a little but Rome was not built in a day!lol I do plenty of squats but not any more than any other body part, should I change that? By the way guys 223lbs this morning!
    Congrats on the weigh in. Post that workout. It is difficult for your body to make progress in every area every month, I recommend a two month training cycle where you focus on a lagging body part, I'm currently focusing on legs during this 7 week workout cycle myself. At the end of the seven weeks I evaluate my body and mix up my program. Sometimes very drastic changes and sometimes very moderate.

Day 1
    incline db press 4x8-10
    decline bench 4x8-10
    pec deck 4x10-12
    1.5-2 min rest

wide lat pull down
    close grip pull down
    reverse close grip pull down
    monster set with 2 min rest after completing all 3

day 2
    standing bb press 4x8-10
    seated side lateral raises 4x10-12
    reverse pec deck 4x10-12

concentration curls 4x8-10
    close grip bench 4x8-10
    cable easy bar curls 4x8-10
    one arm cable pull downs

day 3
    deadlifts 4x8-10
    bent bb rows 4x10-12
    one arm db rows 4x8-10
    seated cable rows 4x10-12
    shrugs 4x to failure

day 4
    squats 4x8-10
    seated leg press 4x8-10
    lying leg curls 4x8-10
    leg extensions 4x8-10
    calfs 4x to failure

This needs work, but I don't have time right now. I promise I'll give you a better program within the next few days.

Thank you buddy! Very much apprieciated....all of you.

I'm wanting you to try a push/pull routine, since you are used to working out four days a week already.

Mondays and thursdays are push days: Chest/shoulders/triceps

Tuesdays and fridays are pull days: legs/back/biceps

Mondays and Tuesdays will be your heavy days and thursdays and fridays your light days, you will perform similar exercises but the rep range will change.

always start your workout by jumping rope for one minute solid, when you can do that easily then start adding 15 second increments to your warmup until you are at five minutes of rope jumping and then just stay with that.

Mon:

Chest

Flat Bench, warm-up sets, these should be three rep warm up sets with progressive weight until you reach your workout weight, then three sets of 8 - 12 reps, go to failure each time, go up in weight when you are hitting all three sets 12 or more reps
    Incline Bench, no warm up sets here, your chest is warmed up from the flat bench, three workout sets, same rep range.
    flat dumbell flyes - this is not a mass exercise, it is a stretching exercise, the weight does not matter, as a matter of fact it should be just heavy enough to help your arms get a full stretch at the bottom, too heavy and you can cause yourself damage, slow and controlled with a full stretch at the bottom and a pause, when you contract the muscle bring the weights as close together as possible without touching them, and then turn the pinkies in towards each other while feeling the middle of your chest come together.

The front's of your shoulders have been thoroughly worked here, so we'll move onto the tops and rears.
    Military press: sets and reps the same as the bench press, machine or barbell, depending on your gym
    Dumbbell Shrugs. Pause at the top and bottom, straight up and down, don't roll your shoulders, put the tops of your shoulders into your ears, I like going progressively higher in poundages within the rep range until I can't properly perform the exercise.
    Rear shoulder raises. Bend at the waist, pic a very...very...very...light weight, 5 lbs to start, lean over parallel with the ground with your knees bent and look in front of you at the wall/mirror, keeping your elbows locked and arms straight down in front of you raise them out to your sides with your pinkies up towards the ceiling. At the top of the movement you want them to be about 3 inches above your shoulders and even with your eyeballs, trust me, this hurts and is effective. 8-12 reps, pause at the top.

Triceps: bodyweighted dips to failure, three sets
    skull crushers, three sets 8-12 reps

Tues:

Squats: progressive warm up sets of 11 reps until workout weight, then three sets of 15 - 20 reps, same philosophy as the bench, go to failure, increase weight when you are performing over 20 reps for each of the three sets, when you add the weight it should drop you down to only being able to accomplish 15 reps on your last set.

Straight legged dead lifts super setted with standing calf raises or toe extensions, stiff legged deads should be done in the 15-20 rep range and calves should be done in sets of 21's, 7 toes in heels out, 7 heels in toes out and 7 straight on.

Back: Lat Pull downs 3 sets 8-12 reps, followed by bent over barbell rows 3 sets, 8-12 reps

Biceps: Straight bar curls, full range 3 sets 8-12 reps, concentration curls 3 sets 8-12 reps

Wed: cardio

Thurs:

Chest: Incline dumbbell presses, start with a light weight 40 lbs for example, and perform 12-15 reps, then increase by 5 lbs each time within the same rep range, you want to do five work sets, so make sure you are ending at a weight that you can barely get those 12 reps with on your fifth set
    Flat dumbbell presses, your chest is already warmed up, go with three workout sets in that 12-15 rep range

Shoulders: Rear raises again, just like last time except this time work in the 15-20 rep range
    Upright rows, I do this for the traps on shoulder day, 3 sets of 25 reps, do not let the weight go all the way down at the bottom, slow and controlled, no lower than the belly button at the bottom of the motion and almost touch the chin at the top, keep the weight in close to the body the entire time, I use the ez curl bar for this.

Triceps, rope pushdowns, 3 sets 25 reps, followed by bench dips, three sets to failure

Fri:

Deadlifts: 3 sets 15-20 reps, because it is deadlift day we start with back.

Do a superset for legs, going from machine to machine to machine for the three exercises for the three sets leg extension/leg curl/toe presses, start all over, little or no rest between sets.

biceps: dumbbell hammer curls, 3 sets, 12-15 reps followed by dumbbell preacher curls, 3 sets 8-12 reps.

Sat: Cardio

Sunday: Church

Bro that program looks awsome. I will surly try all your suggestions and see how it works for me. Thank you for taking time to help me out!

bump for an update

Hey guys thanks for the intrest....all is great!!! Sticking to my diet religiously and have managed to gain 3 pounds(226lbs) while waist is still shrinking.....must be doing something right.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Congrats bro!

Yup, Yup!!!

I'm guessing that the amount of calories in my diet would be the maintnence no. For my weight. So to grow further I should eat more? And to loose weight....trim an extra 500cal a day??? Does that sound right? My current goal is to trim down to about 200-210 by feb. Any tips???

my suggestion is to stick with what you are doing, don't worry about the weight, if you are gaining weight and losing inches than you are adding muscle which affects your maintenance calories, which burns more fat, which offsets the need to further restrict calories. The new exercise program and current diet may still produce results for months longer, or more.

Bro your program feels awsome.....I'm sore all over....I love it! Weight was 227 this morning.

Glad to hear it, you will only stick with this for seven weeks, remind me when that time is up and I'll change the program for you.

Can't thank you guys for all the help thus far.....awsome motivation....anyone care to discuss my next cycle and diet with me???? I'm planing for mid feb.

LBSOMEIRON is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joecrx View Post
    Bro your program feels awsome.....I'm sore all over....I love it! Weight was 227 this morning.
    Did you gain weight? 4lbs in two weeks or did I miss something?

Yeah I gained 4 pounds in two weeks but oddly enough waist is still shrinking! May just be some water, I have stuck to the diet religiously.

Ok....How do you know your waist is shrinking? Is it your belt?

THis is the diet, right bro?

Meal 1

160gm lean beef/bison/horse/chicken
    1/2 cup egg whites
    1 whole egg

meal 2

4oz chicken breast
    1 cup veggies
    1tbs olive oil

meal 3

6oz chicken breast
    1 cup veggies
    1tbs olive oil

meal 4

1 cup egg whites
    1 cup veggies
    1tbs olive oil

meal 5

120gm tin of tuna(in water)
    1 medium salads(assorted veggies)
    1tbs olive oil

meal six

1 cup 1% cottage cheese
    1tbs natty peanut butter

Actually it has changed a little.....

Meal 1
    150gm lean beef
    1 whole egg

Meal 2
    4oz chicken breast
    3/4 cup broccoli
    1tbs evoo

Meal 3
    4oz chicken breast
    3/4 cup broccoli
    1tbs evoo

Meal 4
    4oz chicken breast
    3/4 cup broccoli
    1tbs evoo

Meal 5
    1 tin tuna
    medium green salade
    1 tbs evoo

Meal 6
    1 cup 1% cottage cheese
    1.5 tbs natty PB

Yes i do use my belt as a type of mesurement.....I know I should mesure....so ill start that next week. Feel free to critisize any part of my diet and make any changes...I am always open to suggestions.

Bump

Tell me how the workout is going.

Workout is going great buddy! This routine seems to work well for me.....I'm getting great pumps! Will switch It up in about six more weeks as recommended.

Good to hear, try to keep a log of exercises, weight used/reps performed, I'd like you to have a recorded measure of your gains, it will also help me tweak your next routine when we do change it up.

cue_artist is offline Associate Member
    Bro I see no source of complex carbs at all .....
    Why dont you inorporate a complex carb in your morning meal atleast? Trust me good carbs are essential for making progress.

Bro you guys are reading my mind.............Just picked up some prop and some win which i will be trying out for the next month or so, so im gonna add some complex carbs(oats and sweet potato, maybe even some kamut bread) to my first 3 meals of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by cue_artist View Post
    Bro I see no source of complex carbs at all .....
    Why dont you inorporate a complex carb in your morning meal atleast? Trust me good carbs are essential for making progress.
    Why the gear? aND ESPECIALLY, WHY THE SPECIFIC PRODUCTS?

cue_artist is offline Associate Member
    I completly agree with LB. Joe please dont use the gear right now. First learn to diet properly and then make the decision. Trust me gear is useless without proper training and nutrition.

Joe, you are doing great, slow and steady, my friend, it will all come together. You have shown the ability to produce great results, lets keep making progress before the AAS. You will continue to improve.

Baisically leaving for Florida in a month so I wanted to try some fast acting gear for the month prior. I have added 50gm of complex carbs to each of my first 3 meals. Again just testing my body....not expecting any miracles. I will be trying 100mg prop/100mg tren acetate/75mg win-all three times per week to see how my body reacts.

bump

Bump for more input! Thanks guys.

The diet boys can answer that for you, can you post some current pics so I can see if we need to tweak anything before the trip?

Sorry Joe, I must've missed the question - what do you need input on?

Take it for what it's worth, but the gear is a terrible idea and more or less an attempt to get a quick solution. You didn't get to be 300+ lbs in a week, you aren't going to get shredded in a week either.

Tren is extremely harsh and I would NOT advise you takin it.

Winstrol is a contest prep drug that will do absolutely nothing for you at you current bf%. Seriously, you will notice nothing.

Stick to the diet and training....leave the gear alone.

Take it for what it's worth, but the gear is a terrible idea and more or less an attempt to get a quick solution. You didn't get to be 300+ lbs in a week, you aren't going to get shredded in a week either.

Tren is extremely harsh and I would NOT advise you takin it.

Winstrol is a contest prep drug that will do absolutely nothing for you at you current bf%. Seriously, you will notice nothing.

Stick to the diet and training....leave the gear alone.
    Agree one thousand percent.

Just reread the posts and realized this was the second time I said this. SO, my thought is you aren't going to take anyone's advice so why pose the question again?

Can you tell I'm frusterated? I don't usually get this way, but you've made great strides and now all of a sudden you think the gear route is the magic potion. Take my advice, it's not.

Can you tell I'm frusterated? I don't usually get this way
    Now you're just being dishonest, or you're dellusional, lol! kidding, sort of. =)

But the fact remains that this is solid advice, the gear is a REALLY BAD idea now, and you (Joe) will NOT be happy with the end result - this I will promise you.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information