Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    joecrx is offline Associate Member

Arrow Update for you guys!!!!

By know most of you should be aware that in sept of last year I tipped the scales at 320lbs!
    I presently weigh in at 233lbs and feel great.
    Here is a sample of my diet, macros are not in yet but any ceitisism is welcome.

6:45
    2 whole eggs
    160 gm lean beef
    1 packet nature instant oats
    1/2 banana or 1/2 cup berries

10:00
    2 scoops eas whey
    10gm glutamine
    1 cup yougourt
    10 raw natural almonds

12:15
    1 grilled chicken breast
    1 cup brocoli or spinach or asparigus
    1tbs olive oil

2:45
    1/2 cup brocoli
    1tbs olive oil
    3/4 cup egg whites

6:00
    medium green salade
    1 tin tuna
    1tbs olive oil

9:30
    3/4 cup egg whites
    1 whole egg

I would like to thank all you guys who have helped me out in the past and all of those who will help me in the future. It has been a long hard year for me but results have been great and I will still need plenty of help to reach my goals.

Thanks
    Average Joe

LBSOMEIRON is offline Banned
    How can anyone in their right mind critque someone that dropped 90lbs?

Props bro -

I live and die by the "if it ain't broke" theory - keep hammering!

stang1 is offline New Member
    Definately great job!!
    Three years ago I weighed in at 285lbs, dropped to 192lbs in one year and I've spent the last two trying to build lean muscle, cuurently at 235lbs. Keep up the good work, I know weight is a battle with us!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by LBSOMEIRON View Post
    How can anyone in their right mind critque someone that dropped 90lbs?

Props bro -

I live and die by the "if it ain't broke" theory - keep hammering!
    With all due respect LB, I have to disagree with you here. I speak from experience as a person who dropped 80lbs myself. I thought it was tough at the time, but in hindsight, it was a cakewalk. What i've been struggling with for the past 6 months has been the super tough and frustrating part. Meaning I went from being a big fat guy to a 'regular' looking guy. I am now working on building a nice physique.

My point being is that the diet that helped the OP drop 90lbs may not necessarily continue to work to take things further. In my case, that's a harsh reality. I had to take it to the next level, and thensome.

Having said that, the diet does look pretty solid and there isn't much i'd change. But dude, get rid of that crappy packet sugary oatmeal and eat real oats!!!

V-ROID is offline Member
    Wait a minute. I thought being fat was all genetic? Thyroid problems and shit? Hard work is paying off big time. Congrats on the progress!

GB - I said to "critque" someone that lost 90lbs is insane.

Our country is FILLED with obese people. ANYTIME someone makes the decision to drop the LBs deserves kudos in my book.

I never said he was ready for stage, I was giving his props for getting this far (which so many many people can't do) and to keep pushing. It's never a cakewalk changing your lifestyle COMPLETELY. It wasn't easy for you UNTIL you made the decision...that's the hardest part.

You are a different breed. I'm hard on you because I know you got what it takes to get even further, you just have a tendancy to let your mind wander.

I'll be just as hard on him.

OP - You got my support - props again, now keep LB'ing!

Oh yeah - and he said 'he feels great" - how many fat people (or even shredded people) feel like shit everyday?

That's all that matters.....

Now cork it and get ready to train tomorrow morning!

GB - I said to "critque" someone that lost 90lbs is insane.

Our country is FILLED with obese people. ANYTIME someone makes the decision to drop the LBs deserves kudos in my book.

DEFINITELY bro, and lest anyone thinks I was trying to take anything away from the OP, that's not the case at all. MAJOR kudos for sure. Like I said, I know first hand what he went/is going through.

I never said he was ready for stage, I was giving his props for getting this far (which so many many people can't do) and to keep pushing. It's never a cakewalk changing your lifestyle COMPLETELY. It wasn't easy for you UNTIL you made the decision...that's the hardest part.

Amen!

You are a different breed. I'm hard on you because I know you got what it takes to get even further, you just have a tendancy to let your mind wander.

Thank you brotha, and yes - I have BBing ADD.

I'll be just as hard on him.

OP - You got my support - props again, now keep LB'ing!
    Oh yeah - and he said 'he feels great" - how many fat people (or even shredded people) feel like shit everyday?

That's all that matters.....

Now cork it and get ready to train tomorrow morning!
    LoL, YES SIR!

Thanks for all the encouragement guys, it is really motivating.

Well first off it is not sugary oats. Plain old simple nature flavour instant oats, their just very convienient to make.

Second of all this is by no means the diet I started off with. This is my current diet at this stage, would I have had this diet when I started I would have cracked the first week. However as my results improved the diet just came naturally and almost effortlessly.
    Again guys I thank you all, more ceitisism is welcome as I do plan on dropping another 15-20 lbs or so before concentrating on building some serious muscle. I do however train 5 times a week and do cardio 3-4 times a week in the morking on an empty stomach for about a half hour.

And as I stated earlier "I feel great".

Quote Originally Posted by joecrx View Post

Well first off it is not sugary oats. Plain old simple nature flavour instant oats, their just very convienient to make.

Second of all this is by no means the diet I started off with. This is my current diet at this stage

However as my results improved the diet just came naturally and almost effortlessly.

"I feel great".
    Excellent bro, that's what I like to hear!
    Last edited by gbrice75; 09-21-2010 at 05:48 PM.

My first trainer actually had me eating those Quaker instant packets (I think they were low sugar or diet something or other) first think in the morning to act as a little insulin spike after am overnight fast. I recall the ingredients being somewhat decent. Maybe like 2g of sugar.

However, oats by the barrel are sooo much cheaper and of higher quality.

Why aren't you using them? Convenience factor? Use a baggie. Taste? You can easily make regular oats taste extremely good by adding berries, eggs, protein powder, etc.

Save some money bro.

Thanks for the tip LB. will definatly try the oats by the barril. Any other changes you or anyone else would make to the diet?
    And yes the hard work definatly did pay off, cant say the T3 didn't help. I did do a moderate cycle for the past 3 months to try to maintain muscle mass while trying to shed some more weight. It was also to test how my body would react to certain types of substances. And although I am far from being RIPPED, I am quite pleased with the results and NO sides. Will start Pct tommorrow, two weeks after last pin. Lots of guys discourage use of anibolics while overweight and i am by no standards a guru, however the mild use of anibolics did help me shed some added weight wile maintaining mass and even adding a few extra pounds of lean body mass. It was simply a test run for my next real cycle.
    Go ahead guys....I'm ready for the critisism....I know I have opened up a can of worms here!
    Last edited by joecrx; 09-25-2010 at 01:02 PM.

I should also add that during my transformation and use of anibolics I was and still am being coached by an IFBB Pro and former Mr.Canada winner.

By know most of you should be aware that in sept of last year I tipped the scales at 320lbs!
    I presently weigh in at 233lbs and feel great.
    Here is a sample of my diet, macros are not in yet but any ceitisism is welcome.

6:45
    2 whole eggs
    160 gm lean beef
    1 packet nature instant oats
    1/2 banana or 1/2 cup berries

I'm not a big fan of meals that are both carb and fat heavy, which this one is. Can you drop the beef for now and go with a leaner meat? Chicken, tuna, etc. Or since this is your first meal, even a shake would be acceptable here for some quick protein after your fast (sleep). I would drop the banana here, keep the berries

10:00
    2 scoops eas whey
    10gm glutamine
    1 cup yougourt
    10 raw natural almonds

Unless this is PWO, drop the whey here (or move it to meal 1 as suggested above) and eat real food. 6-8oz lean beef, chicken, turkey, fish, bison, etc. If it's plain yogurt it's ok - anything else is high in sugar and should be dropped for somebody looking to lose bodyfat. I'd drop the almonds and keep this a protein/carb meal this early in the day, but your choice

12:15
    1 grilled chicken breast
    1 cup brocoli or spinach or asparigus
    1tbs olive oil

Nice meal

2:45
    1/2 cup brocoli
    1tbs olive oil
    3/4 cup egg whites

How much protein is this? Make brocolli 1 cup

6:00
    medium green salade
    1 tin tuna
    1tbs olive oil

9:30
    3/4 cup egg whites
    1 whole egg

Eggs are too fast - switch this meal to either full fat cottage cheese, a casein shake, or lean beef (you can move meal 1's beef to this meal)

I would like to thank all you guys who have helped me out in the past and all of those who will help me in the future. It has been a long hard year for me but results have been great and I will still need plenty of help to reach my goals.

Thanks
    Average Joe
    Diet suggestions above in bold. I'm not even going to comment on the AAS thing; what's done is done, so no point in beating up on you about it now.

Thanks for the tips G. Listen I am not asking for a beating but simply creative, cunstructive critisism such as what you have pointed up above. I am simply stating what I have done and has worked very well for me! By NO means am I recommending that someone take the same path I have. As I stated earlier, this was just a test run to see my bodily reactions to certain substances so I can prep for a real cycle. It also helped me maintain and gain some lean body mass while shedding body fat. I will be doing a full size pct of hcg , nolva, clomid and some clen for the next 3 months. I have done plenty of reasearch but still have much to learn. However my ifbb pro does help lead me in the right direction, not a babysiter but a he'll of a mentor! I still trust in the guys on the board such as yourself to guide me in the right direction. I will surly try the changes you sugested and see how my body responds. Through all my reading on this board for about the past four years now I have finally found a recipie that has worked for me. There are also a few other members like me on here who have run anabolics while being over weight and have had great success! However everyones body responds In different ways. You are more than welcome to voice your opinion.

As for the carbs I try to keep them very low. My only real carbs are in meal 1 as I have figured out that my body needs very little carbs to function as long as healthy fats are up. So can you give me an example of the same meal 1and 2 with the changes you recommended!

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Congrats on the weight loss. I hope you didn't experience muscle loss from the t-3 as well. If you get to a point where you get stuck then its time to switch up. Till then keep up the good work

Thanks Scotty. No as I mentioned I maintained and added a few noticable pounds of muscle mass. I stopped the T3 one week after the last pin. Now on week 4 of pct I will through in the clen 2 on 2 off.

Ok guys so here are the changes I have made thus far.

Meal 1

150gm lean beef
    1/4 cup egg whites
    2 whole eggs

meal 2

2 scoops eas whey
    10gm glutamine
    1 cup 0 fat yougourt
    10 natural almonds

meal 3

1 chicken breast
    1 cup fiberous veggies
    1 tbs olive oil

meal 4

3/4 cup egg whites
    1 cup fiberous veggies
    1tbs olive oil

meal 5

1 tin tuna
    1 medium green salads
    1tbs olive oil

meal 6

1 cup 1% cottage cheese
    1tbs natty peanut butter

Been following this diet for 3 days now and all is well. However I do tend to feel a little dizzy towards the end of the day. I'm wondering if this is due to the very low carbs and if increasing the fat levels would rectify this. I guess it could also be my body adapting to the changes. Hope you guys chime in!

Would this be considered a good keto diet if I through in a high carb(reload day)?

Personally, I think it's the best outline on the board right now.

The light headiness is def due to no carbs. It'll go away within a couple of days.

Every 6th day, go ahead and throw some good carbs, but limit them to the morning.

Weight train on that day too.

If you could train in the morning, then have two good carb protein meals, that would be optimal.

Lower fats on that day too

Have you really hit every meal on your diet? No straying?

Props. I enjoy reading your dedication.

UMFan is offline Junior Member
    Hey guys, why take away the 1/2 banana in the morning? My first meal for awhile now has been 2 cups of whey with skim milk and 1/2 a banana. I usually have the other half later in the day with some oats. Is the banana in the morning a bad idea? Also, joe are you dropping fruit from your diet completely?

Thanks for the compliment Lb. As for straying....when I say 10 almonds, I mean 10 almonds! Sometimes my 15 month old daughter tries to feed me some of her cherios and I refuse! As for fruit, 0, I don't have any fruit in my diet at this stage. I do supplement with "vita stack" multivitamins.
    So how are the fat levels in this diet?
    Is it still considered a keto diet?
    I know that broccoli and cottage cheese do contain some carbs.
    Does anyone know what those keto strips are called?

If you guys are wondering how I keep my level of dedication...."Nothing tastes as good as Thin feels!"

Does anyone know what those keto strips are called?
    Any pharmacy should carry them, and they go by either keto sticks or keto diasticks (or STIX).

if you guys are wondering how i keep my level of dedication...."nothing tastes as good as thin feels!"
    keep it up bro....

First6 is offline Member
    Ok guys so here are the changes I have made thus far.

Meal 1

150gm lean beef
    1/4 cup egg whites
    2 whole eggs

meal 2 Is this PWO meal?

2 scoops eas whey
    10gm glutamine
    1 cup 0 fat yougourt
    10 natural almonds

meal 3 - what size Chicken breast? 4oz, 6oz ?

1 chicken breast
    1 cup fiberous veggies
    1 tbs olive oil

meal 4 - Enough protien??

3/4 cup egg whites
    1 cup fiberous veggies
    1tbs olive oil

meal 5

1 tin tuna
    1 medium green salads
    1tbs olive oil

meal 6

1 cup 1% cottage cheese
    1tbs natty peanut butter

Been following this diet for 3 days now and all is well. However I do tend to feel a little dizzy towards the end of the day. I'm wondering if this is due to the very low carbs and if increasing the fat levels would rectify this. I guess it could also be my body adapting to the changes. Hope you guys chime in!

Would this be considered a good keto diet if I through in a high carb(reload day)?
    Not a bad diet at all! Comments in bold.

Thanks for the remarks guys.

-No it is not a PWO meal my workouts are usually around 6:00pm followed by an additional protein shake.

-Meal 4 is only about 21gm of protein, i suppose i could increase this. Any suggestions?

-The chicken breast is about 200gm on average

bump

Thanks for the remarks guys.

-No it is not a PWO meal my workouts are usually around 6:00pm followed by an additional protein shake.

-Meal 4 is only about 21gm of protein, i suppose i could increase this. Any suggestions?

-The chicken breast is about 200gm on average
    Meal 2 should be replaced with real food - I'd suggest a starchy carb but it looks like you're staying away from them for now, so do a lean protein + healthy fat and more fiberous veggies.

Meal 4 can probably be higher in protein, but we don't know what your daily total looks like, so it's tough to say. Next time you post up your diet, please include macros for each meal. It'll be much easier to work with that way.

Yes.

Drop the shake. Add 4/6 oz lean meat. 8-10 asparagus or green veg.

No need to mess with anything else so long as your daily macros are on point.

Forest through the trees.

I do suggestion two good carb up meals every 6th day.

Can also incorporate a cheat meal. The benefits will be fantastic.

Do not have to if you feel you may struggle to get back on track.

Keep killing it.
    Last edited by LBSOMEIRON; 09-29-2010 at 07:08 PM.

Guys I can not thank you enuff for all the positive remarks and creative critisism. I know that I have not taken the conventional route in my journey(which is far from over) but hey, it worked for me...so far.
    Ok so I will add a lean protein source in meal two with some fiberous veggies....should I add a healthy fat? Should I drop the yougourt and almonds out of that meal? Can I get a good example of some good carb up meals and where to place them in my diet on that day( meal 1-2?).
    As for cheat meals....it's really hard for me. I am so concentrated on my goal that I feel absolutly horrible after I have a cheat meal or cheat day and can't wait to return to my regular diet. Is it a problem if I don't cheat? Or do I have to cheat to keep my body guessing?
    Guys I am just a rookie in this game but most of my results are owed to the members on this board. As soon as my body is presentable I will post some before and after pics to show you guys just how much power you have and how you can change someone life!

FORGET THE CHEAT MEALS...number 1. You do not need them.

Meal two . keep the almonds, add 30g lean protein and some sort of fiberous veggie.

As for carb up days. Meal one have 50g of of carbs from oats, rice or pototaes, same with pre workout and another 50 with post. That's 150 good complex carbs. Remove the fats from thos meals (if any) You'll feel better.

May I suggest training legs on the day too.

Quote Originally Posted by lbsomeiron View Post
    may i suggest training legs on the day too.
    ^^^ this!

Great tips guys. I will definatly make those changes! I will also post the revised diet with macros. All other tips are welcome.

Ok guys here is the revised plan. If you guys think it's good I will go ahead with all the calculations.

Meal 1

160gm lean beef/bison/horse/chicken
    1/2 cup egg whites
    1 whole egg

meal 2

4oz chicken breast
    1 cup veggies
    1tbs olive oil

meal 3

6oz chicken breast
    1 cup veggies
    1tbs olive oil

meal 4

1 cup egg whites
    1 cup veggies
    1tbs olive oil

meal 5

120gm tin of tuna(in water)
    1 medium salads(assorted veggies)
    1tbs olive oil

meal six

1 cup 1% cottage cheese
    1tbs natty peanut butter

that's all folks!

My training day is a four day split 2 on 1 off so every 6th day is a leg day. On that day I will add 50gm of complex carbs in each of the first 2 meals of the day from oats and sweet potato and cut all fats out of those meals, the remaining 4 meals will stay the same with the slight possibility of a cheat meal.

I will also be taking 100mcg of clen 2 on 2 off for the next 8-12 weeks depending on results.
    Last edited by joecrx; 10-04-2010 at 08:15 PM.

? What have you been doing? Thought you'd be a week or so deep by Now.

Yes. It's good. Font overcomplicate things. Run it.

I have been running the previous. I started this diet today. I like to make all changes fresh on a Monday, I know...wierd! In any case now that I have your stamp of approval o will go ahead and calculate all the macros. Any other changes you would make? I also do 30min of cardio 3-4 times a week in the morning on an empty stomach. Thanks bro.

The diet is on point.
    Keep us posted weekly.

Ps. People eat horse???

Oh yeah! Dark red meat...a little gamey taste; very lean.

Ok guys, so I have been following this diet religiously since my last post. Lowest my weight has gone is 230.2lbs. However I do have to say that my waist is noticably smaller! Feel awsome, no more dizziness. Is there a reason my weight is not dropping? Could this be a good thing? Oh and I bought some of those ketostix, even after six full days of this diet I still test neg on the strips?

Thanks again for all the tips!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information