tembe is offline Member

Lean Bulk Diet - What do you think?

Hey fellas

Wondering what you thought of my lean bulk diet...

Ive maintained my bf and such after a long cut for about a month and am now looking to just add some lean muscle.

My body weight is 194 pounds.

Body fat is around 10-11%.

TDEE = 3114 calories

DIET ON TRAINING DAYS

Meal 1

70 grams WPI
    120g oats
    Cinnammon and 20 blueberries
    (all mixed together)

Pro - 68.8, Carb - 77, Fat - 0

Meal 2

70g WPI
    1 tbsn flax seed oil
    200g baked sweet potato
    1 cup spinach

Pro - 60, Carb - 40, Fat - 14

Meal 3 - Pre workout

225g kangaroo steak
    260g sweet potato
    30g WPI

Pro - 81.2, Carb - 53, Fat - 0

20 minutes before workout

Waxy Maize Starch

Pro - 0, Carb - 40, Fat - 0

Post workout

70g WPI
    100g Waxy Maize

Pro - 56, Carb - 100, Fat - 0

Post workout complex meal - Dinner

180g Roasted Turkey Breast
    355g baked sweet potato
    1 cup spinach
    30 grams WPI
    1 tbsn flax seed oil

Pro - 76.1, Carb - 72.75, Fat - 14

I CUT CARBS AROUND 6-7 PM

Meal 6

170g Chicken Breast
    5 Egg white omelette

Pro - 64, Carb - 0, Fat - 0

Meal 7

60g Casein Protein

Pro - 48, Carb - 0, Fat - 0

DAILY TOTALS

Protein - 454.1 grams (1816.4 calories)
    Carbs - 382.75 grams (1531 calories)
    Fat - 28 grams (252 calories)

TOTAL OF 3599 CALORIES FOR WORKOUT DAY

WHICH EQUALS 485.4 CALORIES OVER MAINTENANCE... WHAT DO PEOPLE THINK?

MY REST DAYS WILL BE SLIGHTLY REDUCED CALORIES WITH NO WAXY MAIZE STARCH.. I WILL POST IT UP SOON.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Hey bro, overall I think the diet looks pretty solid. One thing that jumps out at me though is that you have no real whole food protein source until meal 3 - this is a big mistake IMO. I understand using WPI for meal 1, getting some quick protein in after a fast (sleeping). But by meal 2, you should definitely have real food.

I'm also not in love with the fact that you're relying on WPI in almost every meal. I realize you have real food in those meals and are using the WPI to boost protein intake, but I would just assume eat more of the real thing (i.e. 250g of kangaroo steak instead of 225g, or whatever the equivalent of 30g WPI is).

Finally, I think fats are WAY too low and protein is too high. I'm currently running a 2000 calorie diet and have fat at 35g/day - that's 15% of the total. You're running more than twice as many calories yet have less fat. I believe your body might hold on to bodyfat, or worse yet store every bit it gets, and/or convert carbs into fat because it's not getting any. Get more oils in there, nuts, avacado, etc. You have no fish in your diet - a nice piece of salmon each day would be an excellent choice.

Just my .02 bro

I would bring fat up to at least 65g, and drop protein a bit to even out overall calories.

tembe is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Hey bro, overall I think the diet looks pretty solid. One thing that jumps out at me though is that you have no real whole food protein source until meal 3 - this is a big mistake IMO. I understand using WPI for meal 1, getting some quick protein in after a fast (sleeping). But by meal 2, you should definitely have real food.

I'm also not in love with the fact that you're relying on WPI in almost every meal. I realize you have real food in those meals and are using the WPI to boost protein intake, but I would just assume eat more of the real thing (i.e. 250g of kangaroo steak instead of 225g, or whatever the equivalent of 30g WPI is).

Finally, I think fats are WAY too low and protein is too high. I'm currently running a 2000 calorie diet and have fat at 35g/day - that's 15% of the total. You're running more than twice as many calories yet have less fat. I believe your body might hold on to bodyfat, or worse yet store every bit it gets, and/or convert carbs into fat because it's not getting any. Get more oils in there, nuts, avacado, etc. You have no fish in your diet - a nice piece of salmon each day would be an excellent choice.

Just my .02 bro

I would bring fat up to at least 65g, and drop protein a bit to even out overall calories.
    thats actually really smart..didnt think of that

i think ill add in a big piece of salmon fish or something instead of protein in meal 2.. .this will add in a solid protein source as well as increasing fat majorly...

my reasoning for the high protein was to eat at double the intended bodyweight i hope to achieve as was suggested in many articles i was reading... so at 200 pounds or so... however i think i will drop protein a bit and bring in more fats and aim for a 50/30/20 split?

also will definitly add almonds and such

what you reckon?

Thread Information