Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast
    bigcwithane is offline Member
    You are looking good First, keep it up man once you start adding some mass you be a beast I see it.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Very good progress bro! You are definitely gaining muscle and losing fat. I wanna do some things now.

1. All ab exercises have to be done exhaling like you are fogging up a window; They also have to be done when your hip flexors are extended. NO hanging leg raises or situps. Do situps as if you are using a bosu ball (those big inflatable balls for pilates etc) with hips stretched like a table top, full stretch to full contraction (use your bench for support while feet are flat on floor and your upper body is hanging off the bench). Tight hip flexors will ruin your abs!
    2. Do hip flexor stretches everyday. http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
    3. I want your last meal to be real food. Too many shakes and all or your last meals are shakes. You can make preworkout meal to be a real protein too if you like.
    4. When you go back on trt I want you to up your cals by 15g protein and 15g carbs. Spread it out evenly and fat should come up because most likely there will be some fat in your protein.
    5. Add .5g omega 3s in preworkout meal
    6. I want your DB flyes to be incline (can you do that?) and after bring the weights together so your palms are facing each other and almost touching but they can't touch cuz you are holding the weight, then bring the weight to your chest and press it back up for 6-8 reps if you can. It's like a close grip db incline bench press with hands facing each other. Squeeze in your chest.

FirstTimeRage is offline Associate Member
    great progress, looking good too.

Also, I copied your original diet and adjusted it a bit to fit my schedule and weight, its been working wonders.

thanks for that lol.
    Last edited by FirstTimeRage; 11-26-2010 at 03:30 PM.

SergeantCarbs is offline Associate Member
    Great progress 6

First6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeRage View Post
    great progress, looking good too.

Also, I copied your original diet and adjusted it a bit to fit my schedule and weight, its been working wonders.

thanks for that lol.
    Thanks. I'm getting there. LOL glad it is working for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SergeantCarbs View Post
    Great progress 6
    Thanks!

First6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    Very good progress bro! You are definitely gaining muscle and losing fat. I wanna do some things now.

Thanks Twist!
    1. All ab exercises have to be done exhaling like you are fogging up a window; They also have to be done when your hip flexors are extended. NO hanging leg raises or situps. Do situps as if you are using a bosu ball (those big inflatable balls for pilates etc) with hips stretched like a table top, full stretch to full contraction (use your bench for support while feet are flat on floor and your upper body is hanging off the bench). Tight hip flexors will ruin your abs!
    I am not really sure what you mean by tight or extended hip flexors. Can you educate me a little on these ab movements. I just not gettin it.
    2. Do hip flexor stretches everyday. http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
    Okay
    3. I want your last meal to be real food. Too many shakes and all or your last meals are shakes. You can make preworkout meal to be a real protein too if you like.
    Ah Crap! I love those shakes! I will REALLY miss them (pouts and has pitty party)
    4. When you go back on trt I want you to up your cals by 15g protein and 15g carbs. Spread it out evenly and fat should come up because most likely there will be some fat in your protein.
    I'm back on already. First thing this morning after getting home from the bloodwork. More food! I am down with that!
    5. Add .5g omega 3s in preworkout meal
    Easy
    6. I want your DB flyes to be incline (can you do that?) and after bring the weights together so your palms are facing each other and almost touching but they can't touch cuz you are holding the weight, then bring the weight to your chest and press it back up for 6-8 reps if you can. It's like a close grip db incline bench press with hands facing each other. Squeeze in your chest.
    Yup I can do those. No problem
    Thanks Twist. I am anxious to change things up. These changes are welcome!

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by First6 View Post
    Okay guys. Time for pics and an update.
    First let's recap.
    This is the base that I go off of:
    Workout:

Mondays Cardio & abs

Tuesdays Legs
    Lunges- 3 sets, 16 total steps - 8 with each footchange this to 3 sets of 60 reps each 30 per foot per set 180 reps total, I do them stationary 10 each foot back and forth until I've completed 30 total
    Squats -4 sets, 8-12 reps
    Leg curls or Leg Extensions or Straight leg deadlift

Wednesdays Shoulders & calves
    Upright Row- 4 sets, 12-16 repsmove these to last shoulder exercise, change the rep range to 20-25, up to under the chin, keep the weight in touching the body through the whole range of motion, don't go lower than the belly button at the bottom of the range of motion to keep constant tension on the traps. You can even super set these with your calf exercises
    Arnold Press alternate Standing Military Press with Olympic Bar weekly -3 sets 8-12 reps
    Lateral Raise- 2 sets 8-12 reps, 1 drop setput front raises before these and then go straight into the lateral's, just add the front raises
    Calves

Thursdays Cardio & abs

Fridays Back
    Deadlift - 1 set for a good warmup, 4 sets (6-10 for 2), (8-12 for the other 2),
    Rows with Olympic Bar- 4 sets 6-10 reps (lean forward and stretch through your shoulder blades to big squeeze and contraction in lats and upper back)
    Pull ups- 3 weighted sets

Saturdays Chest (use dumbbells as much as possible)
    Flat bench - 3 sets 6-8 repsstart with incline here, use barbell only with a wide grip, come down to the collar bone, keep the bar in close to the chin, you don't have to touch here, to the chin is fine
    Decline Press with barbell or DB - 3 sets 8-12, big squeeze
    DB Flys - 3 sets 8-10 reps

Sundays Arms
    Standing curls -4 sets 8-12 reps
    flat bar curls -3 sets 8-12
    Dips - 4 weighted sets 8-12
    Skullcrushers - 3 sets 8-12
    DB Overhead press- 3 sets 8-12
    I love your progress and your pics. What I noticed, and I promise you I have the eye for this, is that you have some glaring areas needing improvement, respectfully 6, with love. Those are the fronts and tops of your shoulders and the upper outside of your chest. My suggestions above will fix these, I promise. As for the lunges, you have to try this to even understand why I suggested it, you do not need to use any weight for this, another promise.

Okay, I like this thinking, except this becomes a press, not a fly, and if you take my recommendation for adding barbell incline to your program(and I lovingly suggest and prayerfully hope that you do), you wouldn't need another mass exercise. If you keep it as a fly, keep the weight lighter and finish exactly like twist described.

Oh, and I vote for the double back biceps pose as your new avy!

Thanks Twist. I am anxious to change things up. These changes are welcome!
    http://www.femaleabsinfo.com/wp-cont...l-crunches.png

you want your hip flexors to be stretched and stay stretched throughout all exercises in order to keep from messing up your abs like it messed up mine. All I did was weighted leg lifts, weighted sit ups etc and now my hip flexors are so tight that it arches my back and rounds my abs out. Looks like a gh gut. Don't do that as its so hard to reverse!

hip flexors and read this
    http://www.exercisebiology.com/index...ore_effective/

I also want you to ADD 2 sets of chin ups in there. Coming out to 5 sets of direct lat work, 2 sets chinups, 3 sets pull ups weighted. As many reps as you can do for two sets.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    LoL First, you didn't wanna listen to me when I told you to change that pre workout shake to real food! Now Twist found you out! lol

First6 is offline Member
    I am sitting in the movie theatre right now with the Fam watching Tangled.
    I'm thinking about pulling out my pocket knife and stabbing myself in the throat.

First6 is offline Member
    I need a few minutes to catch up on the posts then I will comment

First6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    I love your progress and your pics. What I noticed, and I promise you I have the eye for this, is that you have some glaring areas needing improvement, respectfully 6, with love. Those are the fronts and tops of your shoulders and the upper outside of your chest. My suggestions above will fix these, I promise. As for the lunges, you have to try this to even understand why I suggested it, you do not need to use any weight for this, another promise.

Okay, I like this thinking, except this becomes a press, not a fly, and if you take my recommendation for adding barbell incline to your program(and I lovingly suggest and prayerfully hope that you do), you wouldn't need another mass exercise. If you keep it as a fly, keep the weight lighter and finish exactly like twist described.

Oh, and I vote for the double back biceps pose as your new avy!
    Believe it or not I REALLY appreciate you pointing out the weakest areas whenever you feel like it. I don't have a trained eye and I could use the help. I Need to wrap my head around your workout tips and get back to you. Hard to think with this loud movie playing.

First6 is offline Member
    http://www.femaleabsinfo.com/wp-cont...l-crunches.png

you want your hip flexors to be stretched and stay stretched throughout all exercises in order to keep from messing up your abs like it messed up mine. All I did was weighted leg lifts, weighted sit ups etc and now my hip flexors are so tight that it arches my back and rounds my abs out. Looks like a gh gut. Don't do that as its so hard to reverse!

hip flexors and read this
    http://www.exercisebiology.com/index...ore_effective/
    Hey thanks for the links Twist. Can't really check them now under the circumstances but I will take a look tonight.

First6 is offline Member
    I also want you to ADD 2 sets of chin ups in there. Coming out to 5 sets of direct lat work, 2 sets chinups, 3 sets pull ups weighted. As many reps as you can do for two sets.
    No problem

First6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    LoL First, you didn't wanna listen to me when I told you to change that pre workout shake to real food! Now Twist found you out! lol
    Lol I know right!!! Ugh I dread the thought of not having my bedtime shake. It's like drinking a peanut butter cup! I guess I could just walk away now..... Stop returning all you guys emails...... Act like none of this ever happened and keep drinking my shakes!!!

enjoy the movie and get back with us when you can!

First6 is offline Member
    Working long long long hours this week again. 16 hours yesterday. Will be about the same by the time I'm done today.
    Not sure about the rest of the week though.
    It is killing my progress.
    Monday: No workout, no cardio
    Today: No workout, no cardio
    Diet is good but that is all I got going for me.

The REAL BAD PART is next week. I am leaving Monday and will not be back until Fri night. Work days will be from sun up to sun down.
    I called the hotel and they have 2 treadmills and a pool. That's it! No weights or anything.

Mentally I am going nuts here. I am big time aggitated that my progress is taking a hit like this.

What the heck do I do??

SergeantCarbs is offline Associate Member
    Perhaps theres a gym around the hotel where you can pay for the week. Also there's always calisthenics you can do in your room without equipment.

What are the days when you will be doing no cardio and no weights next week?
    What does the rest of this week look like?
    If you are driving to next weeks destination bring weights. You could buy a weight vest and then we can create a program around that.
    Let me know the exact schedule, or as close as you can get it, and we will gor from there. Won't be a big deal

First6 is offline Member
    Not sure yetfor this week. I will know better after I am done today. (another 2 hours or so)

Next week: driving? Well yes and no. I am car pooling with 2 other people and all of our equipment. No way there will be any room for weights. It will be overly tight as it is. Don't have a vest yet. I have been keeping an eye out for something cheap but haven't found it yet.

Lol I know right!!! Ugh I dread the thought of not having my bedtime shake. It's like drinking a peanut butter cup! I guess I could just walk away now..... Stop returning all you guys emails...... Act like none of this ever happened and keep drinking my shakes!!!
    I do a bedtime shake. Could you remove a shake from another meal and keep the bedtime one in?

First6 is offline Member
    I have to keep moving here but I can get more into it tomorrow. My cardio days are normally mon and thurs.

When you know more let me know. Basically let's shoot for am cardio before work on an empty stomach and pm cardio before bed. Workouts can stay the same as far as split wise, but just use bodyweight and drop the small muscle groups. Ex chest and tris do pushups, pushups with feet up on bed or table, and dips. Also you can go et two gallons of water and use that for light weights. Get a jump rope, do jumping jacks etc. Depending on days we can do some carb cycling.

First6 is offline Member
    That's awesome bro. Thanks. Feeling better already.
    Gotta keep trucking. I be back later or tomorrow.

First6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SergeantCarbs View Post
    Perhaps theres a gym around the hotel where you can pay for the week. Also there's always calisthenics you can do in your room without equipment.
    This was a good idea. I looked into it and there is Nothing within reasonable driving distance.

First6 is offline Member
    I do a bedtime shake. Could you remove a shake from another meal and keep the bedtime one in?
    Hey Bro. Sorry I missed this post somehow.
    Yeah maybe. I don't know. Up to Twist right now.

First6 is offline Member
    This week def fell into the category of "Things that Suck"!
    I worked about 90 hours. I am beat both emotionally and mentally.
    I got next to no workout time in.
    Did cardio 2 days this week and no weights.
    I feel like crap.
    I look like crap. (actually prob didn't change much. did not progress but didn't go backwards either)
    I am just going to have to view this past week as a maint week and push it out of my head. If I get caught up in thinking to much about it anymore it will just slow me down.
    chalk it up to Sh!t happens.

I finally got my schedule for this job next week. It is bad. but not as bad as it orig was supposed to be.
    I will be leaving Monday and will be home late Thurs night.
    The hotel has a pool and 2 treadmills.
    I will not have room in the carpool to bring any equipment with me but I can buy a few things once I am there. (gallons of water like Twist said or something)
    I WILL be able to do about an hour in the am before working hours and I will be done around 6pm and have all evening to workout any way I can figure out to do it.

This week def fell into the category of "Things that Suck"!
    I worked about 90 hours. I am beat both emotionally and mentally.
    I got next to no workout time in.
    Did cardio 2 days this week and no weights.
    I feel like crap.
    I look like crap. (actually prob didn't change much. did not progress but didn't go backwards either)
    I am just going to have to view this past week as a maint week and push it out of my head. If I get caught up in thinking to much about it anymore it will just slow me down.
    chalk it up to Sh!t happens.
    no big deal bro. Shit does happen and you didn't move backwards so **** it.

I finally got my schedule for this job next week. It is bad. but not as bad as it orig was supposed to be.
    I will be leaving Monday and will be home late Thurs night.
    Sunday = fat workout, no cardio, work as much of your body as you can in two hours. Carb up before gym, hit legs first, superset back and chest, then a little arms and go home and eat. Or split your workout into 2x on sunday. Upper and lowerbody. Friday get back on the horse and use these 4 days as cardio and repair days. No big deal
    The hotel has a pool and 2 treadmills.
    I will not have room in the carpool to bring any equipment with me but I can buy a few things once I am there. (gallons of water like Twist said or something)
    I WILL be able to do about an hour in the am before working hours and I will be done around 6pm and have all evening to workout any way I can figure out to do it.
    Good, do 45 minutes am cardio empty stomach. Go about the rest of your days and on wednesday do a chest workout. Pushups, incline pushups (feet on bed), dips, close grip pushups etc. No big deal we can work around this easily. Probably won't even be as bad as this week. NO family = NO distractions (no offense).

I knew we weren't seeing you around for a reason. Work sucks sometimes.

Exactly what you said bro, maintenance week - shit happens. We both know that all we can do is minimize damages and make the best of whatever situation is thrown at us. For you it's work, for me it seems to be endless effing parties. I'm not complaining, you clearly have it worse, lol!

Keep your chin up for next week bro - hopefully the work load is lighter?

First6 is offline Member
    I knew we weren't seeing you around for a reason. Work sucks sometimes.

Exactly what you said bro, maintenance week - shit happens. We both know that all we can do is minimize damages and make the best of whatever situation is thrown at us. For you it's work, for me it seems to be endless effing parties. I'm not complaining, you clearly have it worse, lol!

Keep your chin up for next week bro - hopefully the work load is lighter?
    Oh yeah I wouldn't miss being here for no good reason! Yeah next week will be less work but it will still suck not being home!
    After next week things should be back to normal.

First6 is offline Member
    Good, do 45 minutes am cardio empty stomach. Go about the rest of your days and on wednesday do a chest workout. Pushups, incline pushups (feet on bed), dips, close grip pushups etc. No big deal we can work around this easily. Probably won't even be as bad as this week. NO family = NO distractions (no offense).
    I like your plan. That is what we'll do. I will have time in the evenings so I will be able to post updates to.

Eating out for every meal should prove challenging. After I am there the first day and see what is around I will update and prob ask advise on foods.

you can do it, we can help!

First6 is offline Member
    Quick update.
    The weekend wasn't bad.
    Diet was good and I did all my cardio.
    Today I did a full body workout since I won't be able to touch any weights all week.
    I am going to stop and buy a weight vest on my way down the road though. That will be something to work with.
    The workout today was good in terms of I kicked my a$$ pretty good.
    So I will get up and hit the cardio hard and then hit the road for my 6 hour drive. Wont be back home until Friday.
    I'm taking the laptop so I will still be in touch!

First6 is offline Member
    Quick update for today.
    As you all know I am on my business trip. It SUCKS.
    I am working all day in the middle of nowhere. It is a half hour drive to get to food so meals are really spread out and I am getting 3 good ones a day. (plus the morning and evening stuff I have in my hotel room.
    Today's diet:
    morning: 7 hard boiled eggs (pullled the yolks out and trashed them)
    snack while working: 2 protien bars (each: 180cal/20g pro/20 carb/5fat/2sugar)
    lunch: subway roasted chicken breast footlong double meat. (wheat/no cheese/no sauces or spreads or anything/just meat and veggies)
    dinner: 9 oz steak, steamed broc, about half cup of mashed potatoes
    tonight before bed will be my casein and natty pb.

workout today:
    1 hour of fasted cardio in am
    walking all day with 4 layers of clothes (it is 12 degrees and snowing here) through about 5-6 inches of snow.
    might do .5 hour of cardio this evening. have not decided yet.

I did buy a weighted vest and brought it along. I HATE IT. IT does not adjust small enough for my frame and it "jumps" all around on me during cardio. I wore it like 5 minutes and couldn't take it anymore.

I will be here another 2 days! uuugggghhhh

Sounds like you are getting along bro. I don't really see the problem. Carry your weight vest in your hands if you have too. Hike this shit. Pretend you are a marine in the snow and carry that shit however you need to. Make this a workout. Put the weight vest on over your clothes when you walk in the snow and lunge, squat, jump, calf raise etc. Hold it overhead and lunge, run etc.

First6 is offline Member
    Sounds like you are getting along bro. I don't really see the problem. Carry your weight vest in your hands if you have too. Hike this shit. Pretend you are a marine in the snow and carry that shit however you need to. Make this a workout. Put the weight vest on over your clothes when you walk in the snow and lunge, squat, jump, calf raise etc. Hold it overhead and lunge, run etc.
    Had to think about this for a minute. You know what though. I am gonna give this a fair shot. I will wear it tomorrow during work and see what happens.
    You watch though tomorrow I will show up with a weight vest under my coat and that will be the day I have to carry all kinds of other gear!

Definitely will up the calorie expenditure.

bump

Where you at First??!! I wanna see those damn pics!

Thread Information