Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    First6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    hunger relates to the individual. It is a good guide, but not definite. Let me ask you some easy questions...
    How long have you been on the diet consistently? I ran the diet for about 4 months at about 2100-2200 cal. Then ate basically the same foods plus some to make it about 2400-2600 cal for about 6 weeks. that brings me up to the 22nd of this month. So today is one week on this diet of 1800 or 2k cal depending on the day.
    How much do you weigh now? 164.4 I was 167.6 last tues when I started this thread how much weight have you lost? 3lbs
    You should be hungry, but you should not be so starving that all you can think about is food. If all you are thinking about is food, then we should up your calories. If the fat loss is coming along, I don't have an issue with that. But if you are not losing weight, then we need to hold off. No I don't think we need any change. It was only last night that I was that hungry. I was prob just mental. I get that way once in a while even when I eat alot. I just LOVE food and I get fixated on it sometimes. Posting my "complaint" about it on the thread was just a way for me to deal with it instead of caving and eating a big bowl of ice cream. (which I did NOT cave by the way!!) Most of this last week I was hungry for my meals but not to much so. I think the balance was prob right on. Overall I feel good about what we have going here so far. I look smaller in the mirror (I think) but I was real bloated for a couple days so it's hard to tell. And I don't expect to see any bf change in the mirror until I am below 15%. I might take some pics every 2 weeks or so to help me keep track.

Be honest, don't embellish any facts like hunger or weight loss. It could result in a change for the worse and will be counterproductive. So how do you really feel?
    covered with the previous answer.

oh yeah and did you up your trt dose to at least 150mgs per week yet? I wouldn't go above 200 without bloodwork but 150 is safe. You can pm me the answer if you want.
    I will pm
    Last edited by First6; 09-29-2010 at 07:59 AM.

First6 is offline Member
    Can someone give me a guess on bf from the pics in the first post on this thread?
    Thanks

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    RECAP FOR REFERENCE

Quote Originally Posted by First6 View Post
    Stats:
    37yrs
    5'8"
    167lbs
    BF Best guess 18-20%

The Current Cutting Diet: Just started this diet again about 2.5 weeks ago. Ready to change. Need to change.
    Totals:
    2149 cals/269 pro/189 carb/42 fat
    I will have to figure out the percentages and post them up. Can’t do it right now.
    (all totals are calories/protein/carbs/fats)

4:00am out of bed
    Meal 1:
    Shake-2 scoops whey and water /.5 cup oats plain with water/2000mg fish oil/beneficial fiber in shake
    442/57/39/8

Workout from 4:30 to 5:30
    Some days this is all cardio, some days it is all resistance. See workout routine.

Meal 2: PWO
    Shake-2 scoops whey and water/.5 cup oats plain with water/2000mg fish oil/beneficial fiber in shake
    442/57/39/8

6:30
    1 Hour drive to the office

8:00am at work
    Meal 3: 4 oz Tuna /.5 cup oats plain with water
    250/27/27/5

12:00pm at work
    Meal 4: 6oz Grilled chicken breast /.5 cup brown rice (1 cup cooked) with a little soy sauce
    315/37.5/34.0/5.3

3:00pm at work
    Meal 5: 4 oz tuna /.5 cup brown rice (1 cup cooked) with a little soy sauce
    250/25/34/3.5

5:00pm 1 Hour drive home

6:00pm at home
    Meal 6: 6oz Grilled chicken breast & 2 cups green vegetables
    225/36.5/8/3.8

10:00pm before hitting the sack
    Meal 7: ON Casein shake - 1 scoop w/ water / 1tbsp natty pb
    224.5/29/8/8.5

Thanks to all of you who I know will lend me your support. I CAN do this. I can and will hit 12%!
    You bf is above 16, which is pretty much all that matters considering that you have little muscle mass. You definitely look as if you do some sort of activity such as baseball or basketball etc, but I wouldn't say you look like a weight lifter. It is because of this that I agree with you that we should continue on with the diet as planned. I am glad you are honest with your eating habits because I was about ready to say up your calories. But definitely continue on as planned. I see you have lost 3lbs which I am gonna say is probably all fat because you don't have a high muscle mass (your body will have no problem maintaining the current muscle mass with the current calories). So lets keep on track and keep everything as planned. Update regularly.

How is your injury?

First6 is offline Member
    Sounds good to me. Yeah I am not worried about the muscle mass fro now. The time for that will come. I just need to hit 12% bf as a personal goal. to be completely honest I do have 10% in the back of my mind but my "official" goal for now is 12. That would make me soooo happy. I have wanted that for 15 years now and am finally moving past wanting it and going for it.
    Keeping on track with what we got sounds great to me!

What injury? Seriously, I barely notice it anymore. I am def good to go. Thanks!

First6 is offline Member
    Quick update for today.

Stayed right on track with diet. NO cheating at all. not even a little. I have to say it was easy today. I didn't even think about cheating. Had an early meeting this morning so I had to change up my workout routine. I did nothing in the early morning. I did my 3.5 mile walk at lunch. I changed clothes and wore my HRM and tried to do it interval style. I am also taking an interval class at 6:00 tonight. By the end of the day I will feel pretty good about my progress.

Neck pain is almost entirely gone. I'm back in high gear.

Good shit bro

First6 is offline Member
    Another quick end of day update.

Interval class from 6 to 7 rocked. Holy balls it was serious. I actually got light headed at one point. That only lasted 2 or 3 seconds though and then I was fine. It was prob just to long since I ate. (about 3 hours before the class started) I should have gotten a snack in but I just planned it poorly. Over all I am very happy with the day. I feel great about it.
    It is a great feeling to make this kind of progress toward the goal. Thanks to you guys for hangin with me through this. Wish more people were following the thread but I guess that is my fault for not being outgoing enough to get to know to many people on the board. Maybe with time...

So an hour and a half until bedtime shake and that will be a day. A good day.

just because people don't comment doesn't mean they aren't reading your thread

First6 is offline Member
    Todays update. Things arent going to bad. Not great either though. I finally got sick. New I would. My whole family was sick for a while and i managed to avoid it. Not anymore. It had a hold of me pretty good for Sat and today. I still kept up with my workouts pretty good but my diet was crap. I am VERY tired from it today. I did a 4 mile jog this morning but I just don't have the energy to do an evening cardio so I'm gonna skip it. I just need some rest to recover from this crap. I am however going to get my diet back on track starting in the morning. I need to just force it and see what happens. I already know I'm not going to work tomorrow. The upside of that is maybe I will get 2 workouts in with lots of rest in between. Should be good for me.

I feel you man I am still a little sick. Lost 5lbs since I got sick. Sucks bro hang in there

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I'm still following you bro. Sorry you got sick, like you said - just rest up, don't over exert yourself while you're in a compromised physical condition. If you're up to it, do a light cardio session, throw in some light weights if possible - but don't break your ass until you recover and feel good again. When are we gonna see some new pics?

First6 is offline Member
    Sorry I haven't been here posting as much. Just didn't have a whole lot to say since I was sick and felt like no progress was being made.
    I feel you man I am still a little sick. Lost 5lbs since I got sick. Sucks bro hang in there
    Thanks. Yeah it had me down pretty good. Not sure what happened with my weight over it. I havn't checked. Today is the first day I am beginning to feel like I might be getting better. At least I am able to get back to my routine today. That helps mentally anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    I'm still following you bro. Sorry you got sick, like you said - just rest up, don't over exert yourself while you're in a compromised physical condition. If you're up to it, do a light cardio session, throw in some light weights if possible - but don't break your ass until you recover and feel good again. When are we gonna see some new pics?
    That's what I did for the most part. Sunday I did to much cardio taking my condition into consideration and it prob hurt more than it helped but it felt good while I was doing it.
    New pics. Ohhh you had to bring that up didn't you. I was hoping you'd forgotten. lol. I'm afraid to with the neck injury and then getting sick. But I will try to take the time to do it this weekend. I better see some progress though or it will really get me down!
    Last edited by First6; 10-05-2010 at 10:52 AM.

First6 is offline Member
    So here is a quick update to cover the days since the last one.

Friday was the last real good day I have had.

Saturday:
    -Got sick. Real sick.
    -Did 1 cardio session did one REAL light half a$$'d weight session.
    -Diet was crap. (ate to much and wrong stuff)

Sunday:
    -Felt okay in the morning so I thought I was getting better. BUT no. still sick
    -Ran 4 miles on empty stomach in early morning.
    -No weights
    -Ate better food than Sat but still went over my calorie budget

Monday:
    -Still sick
    -Tried an early morning class that was supposed to be mostly cardio with some resistance mixed in. Was not impressed the workout overall felt half a$$'d
    -No additional cardio or weights the rest of the day.
    -Diet was back on track

Today:
    -Feeling better. Not BETTER but better.
    -Diet is 100% on track.
    -Did Monday's workout because I really wanted the resistance today. (the one Twist told me to do - Chest&bi's)
    -Did my lunchtime walk. (3.5 miles - ending avg heart rate was 102bpm)
    -WILL do another (prob light) cardio this evening.
    Last edited by First6; 10-05-2010 at 10:54 AM.

Hang in there bro. It takes time and dedication to work through these colds.

Sounds like your back on track bro. You know my weekend was thrown off as well; we just gotta pick right back up and carry on. Letting these 'slip ups' drag out... THAT'S where we get killed.

Twist - good to still see you around bro. =)

bigcwithane is offline Member
    Sounds like stuff is getting better bro. Keep on track.

Also critique my diet an look at my log brotha

First6 is offline Member
    Thanks for the support guys! Awesome.

I will be back in a few hours with an update for last night and so far today. Things are on track though.

First6 is offline Member
    Alright time for an update.

Yesterday was a good day. Finally felt like I was back on track after screwing up about 3 days. Workout and cardio went well. Diet stayed on track 100% all day. I did not do a second cardio in the evening because I opted to spend the extra time with the little ones who were begging for attention after being in all day because of the rain. Can't complain though. It was a good day that stayed on track.

Today:
    Workout:
    Had an early meeting a the office so I got up at a totally unreasonable hour and did my Wed workout that Twist gave me. Back & Tri's. Then I did a Tony Horton (from p90x) medicine ball cardio routine. Loved it. Great workout. The sweat was pouring! The weight workouts are going well but I feel like I need to do more. I am not getting sore at all. I guess that is good though for the goal I am shooting for. It just "feels" wrong. Makes me nervous. I am trusting in it though and continuing on!
    Can't do my lunchtime walk today. To much rain. I brought an unbrella in case it was a drizzle but no go. It is coming down pretty good. Pissed and frustrated about missing that 300 cal burn today.
    I am taking an interval class tonight. Should be good. The last time I took it I burned 620 cals! I am soooo ready to get out of this office and get to it!
    Diet:
    On track 99%. Okay I only give it a 99 because I found some carmel apple flavored candy corn free for the taking in the lunchroom. Come On!! I had to try it! I counted 10 pieces and went for it. Wasn't worth it. Didn't taste that great. Oh well. Other than that I am totally on track.

Now for some interesting news:
    So I use an Omron scale to track my body. (It is one of the good ones with sensors for both hands and both feet) Before you say it....I know it is not that accurate for determining bf etc.... I know. nuff said. BUT I use it because it is consistant and I can see gains or losses within reason. When I started this thread it showed 167lbs and 18.8% bf. I lost to 164lbs and don't remember what is said for bf%. Then I got sick and everything....yatta yatta yatta... and I checked it today. I am UP in weight to 166lbs but my bf is down to 15.3% Not real sure what to make of that. I expected the bf to be lower with all the cardio I am doing but I didn't expect to see the wieght higher than last week. Guess those sick days of eating comfort food really did me in.
    Overall though I am not REALLY complaining. I could care less about my weight. The bf is what I am concerned with. Just dissapointed with myself for letting go of the diet when I was sick. That was stupid.
    Last edited by First6; 10-06-2010 at 10:16 AM.

Hey bro, what workout does Twist have you doing, is the same modified 10x10 routine i'm doing? I got REALLY sore last week, but not at all this week. Twist warned me though that I wouldn't feel like I was doing enough, that it wouldn't feel right, that I would want to do more - but don't. If you're following that routine, take the advice!

Forget about the candy corn, that's peanuts.

I have the same scale (same brand at least) and I hate it. Honestly i don't see how hand and feet sensors could ever measure bodyfat, I don't care how many numbers are plugged into it. Mine told me I was 20% bodyfat at a time I was NO WAY higher then 15.

I also gained a pound last week, but felt like I looked leaner. Just continue to monitor your body and work with Twist to make adjustments if/when necessary.

First6 is offline Member
    Hey bro, what workout does Twist have you doing, is the same modified 10x10 routine i'm doing? I got REALLY sore last week, but not at all this week. Twist warned me though that I wouldn't feel like I was doing enough, that it wouldn't feel right, that I would want to do more - but don't. If you're following that routine, take the advice! I'm not sure if it is what your doing or not. I don't think so. To be honest I don't really know what a 10x10 routine is. Give me a quick rundown? I am following what he said to do in post #5 of this thread. Yeah I am still following it. Right now he is the boss. I just do what I'm told.

Forget about the candy corn, that's peanuts. Cool. then I can have more right! lol

I have the same scale (same brand at least) and I hate it. Honestly I don't see how hand and feet sensors could ever measure bodyfat, I don't care how many numbers are plugged into it. Mine told me I was 20% bodyfat at a time I was NO WAY higher then 15. Yeah I remember when you got it. Sounds like your not squeezing the handlebars - could that be true? You are supposed to try to apply the same pressure to the handlebars as the pressure that your feet is applying to the baseboard. Make sense. If I don't squeeze hard the bf reading is real high on mine to. Anyway... Yeah I know they are not accurate (although I have tested mine right beside a caliper test and it was within 1% if I recall correctly) and I don't rely on it to be accurate I just use it to see if I am going up or down as it does seem to be consistant. But then again what do I know! LOL

I also gained a pound last week, but felt like I looked leaner. Just continue to monitor your body and work with Twist to make adjustments if/when necessary. Really?! Your suffering makes me feel much better. LOL At least I am not alone. I thought for sure I was doing something wrong. I was going back and checking all my macros and stuff. Thanks!
    Okay. Now back to the candy corn!! jk

Many odd things happen when you get into a program. remember, the body can adjust itself to do the tasks it deems necessary. If your body sees building muscle as a necessity, it can do that with the calories given. You can lose fat and gain muscle, but I wouldn't count on it. I tell people to pick one and work toward that goal, if they get the best of both worlds then so be it. Like LB said in another post, the scale means nothing. If your head plays games, that means nothing too. Trust the program and the results will follow. There will be times when lose no weight, there will be times when you lose a lot of weight, there will be times when you gain weight. Ultimately it is your body trying to adapt, sometimes this means we must make corrections to diet/training etc. If the body does adapt, then no progress will follow.

Repost your diet and training (copy paste) so we can keep track.

First6 is offline Member
    Update for the end of the day.
    The rest of the day went pretty good.
    Stayed on track with diet. About 1950 calories today.
    I WAS able to get my lunchtime walk in today. I just didn't do it at lunchtime. I did it at 3. I'm really glad I got that in. I feel a lot better.
    The evening interval class was awesome. I kicked ass!
    1300 calories burned today in workout! Nice!
    350 in the morning 300 at 3:00 and 650 at evening cardio.

TWIST - I will post up my diet in the am. I can't just copy /paste it as I have changed it to get my fat down and even out the carbs and protien. I would do it now but I need to get to the family time - I'm getting the eyeball from the wife right now! lol

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Just adding my support and encouragement to not give up! Keep striving to hit the mark. We're all here for you.

Ok sick bro.

Glad you're back to 100% bro!

First6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    Just adding my support and encouragement to not give up! Keep striving to hit the mark. We're all here for you.
    Thanks tbody! Awesome to have you along for the ride. I appreciate the support! I need all that I can get! I am def gonna hit my mark. How could I not with all you guys in my corner!

Ok sick bro.
    Hey Twist, No I wasn't sick again. I actually feel real good again. I just had life get in the way of getting to the internet. I'm still sticking to everything though! Oh that's right - I owe you a diet post. Alright I will get to that here in a few.

Glad you're back to 100% bro!
    Thanks! Yeah I'm doing real good. I feel like I am making some real good progress. I hope the scale shows it when I check it tomorrow!

Thanks! Yeah I'm doing real good. I feel like I am making some real good progress. I hope the scale shows it when I check it tomorrow!
    Same here bro, I weigh in tomorrow too. Hoping for good things...

First6 is offline Member
    Okay Twist. Here is a diet and workout update:
    Diet:
    I know it's crazy but I usually eat the exact same thing every day. It just works for me. If I stray from it then I have problems with cheating.
    This is what I have been eating:
    Breakfast:
    2 scoops whey
    .5 cup oats
    430/57/33/7
    Morning snack:
    4oz tuna
    .5 cup oats
    250/27/27/5
    Lunch:
    6oz chicken breast
    3 cups green veggies
    1 cup brown rice
    473/42/63/6
    Afternoon snack:
    6oz chicken breast OR tuna
    1 cup brown rice
    353/38/43/6
    Dinner:
    6 oz chicken breast
    3 cups green veggies
    285/39/20/4
    Before bed:
    1 scoop ON Casein
    1tbsp natty pb
    205/29/8/7

Approximate totals:
    1995/232/193/34
    P46%/C39%/F15%

Days I do only cardio I only do 1 scoop of whey in the am and skip the oats. Or half the oats depending on how i feel.
    I have not had any days yet where i do nothing at all.

Workout:
    I am doing what you told me to do the best I can.
    To be honest though I pretty often do more than I should with the workout. I am having a hard time with it mentally feeling like it is not enough. I know you know best but i am struggling with that part. I am trying.

monday: Chest and Biceps
    flat bench 35 lbs db as many reps as you can do for 5 sets
    Dips, put weight on your lap and feet up on another chair so your legs are extended and nothing is touching the floor, 8-12 reps, 4 sets
    preacher curls 4 sets of 7-10 reps
    standing arm curls 3 sets of 10 reps

tuesday cardio

wednesday back and triceps
    bent over rows 6 sets of 8-12 (standing)
    good mornings with great form, light weight, 20 reps 3 sets
    chin ups, 1 set of 20
    pull ups, 1 set of 20
    overhead db tricep extension, 4 sets of 8-12
    Kickbacks, 3 sets of 16 reps

thursday cardio

friday legs and shoulders
    military press, standing, 4 sets of heavy.
    lateral raise, 3 sets of 8-12
    stiff legged deadlift 4 sets of 12,
    Squat, put a 35lb weight on each shoulder and do 4 sets of max reps
    Lunge, hold the 35lbs and lunge deep for 4 sets of 16 steps with each foot.

saturday sunday cardio
    every other week take one day off at least.

First6 is offline Member
    Same here bro, I weigh in tomorrow too. Hoping for good things...
    Heres to you Bro! I'm pulling for ya!

I gotta step out but I will critique when I get back. I don't wanna rush it plus I gotta reread posts cuz I don't remember what we are doing lol...

Bro your routine and diet looks legit. Good job. I would say you could finish off chest day with a standing military press, touch the chest.

First6 is offline Member
    Bro your routine and diet looks legit. Good job. I would say you could finish off chest day with a standing military press, touch the chest.
    Thanks Bro. I'll add the smp to chest day.

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Where's the pics?

First6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    Where's the pics?
    Here is one I just took real quick.
    Attachment 111557

First6 is offline Member
    WHAT! don't believe me?

Here's a before and after!
    Attachment 111558Attachment 111559

lol.

I'm gonna get to it later this weekend. I won't forget.
    Last edited by First6; 10-09-2010 at 07:37 AM.

First6 is offline Member
    Update:

Today's weight: 164 So I am going down again. Lost 2
    BF: the omron said 14.9% *AGAIN - I know it is not the most accurate I just use it to see the up/down trend. It's still going down. Awesome!

This morning I did my interval cardio and my diet is on track.
    I also packed my food for the day just like I am going to work. This way I will eat that and only that just like I wasn't here around all the food. That is my problem on the weekends. I don't eat that bad I just usually go way over on calories as I eat a lot.

That's it for now.

WHAT! don't believe me?

lol.

LoL, priceless!

Update:

BF: the omron said 14.9% *AGAIN - I know it is not the most accurate I just use it to see the up/down trend. It's still going down. Awesome!

I also packed my food for the day just like I am going to work. This way I will eat that and only that just like I wasn't here around all the food. That is my problem on the weekends. I don't eat that bad I just usually go way over on calories as I eat a lot.

That's it for now.
    Congrats on the loss, at least one of us is moving in the right direction! I know what you mean about the weekends, I have the EXACT same problem. My weekdays/work schedule is SO rigid, it's super easy to stick to a routine. I eat at the exact same time every single day, etc. On the weekends, it's much more difficult because a) I have access to more food then what I pack with me for work, and b) my schedule is 'free' with no agenda, or at least not a rigid one where I can eat exactly as I do during the week. Weekends are always a big challenge for me, and have ruined me in the past!

WHAT! don't believe me?

lol.

I was crying I was laughing so hard.

Update:

That's it for now.
    Good job on he loss bro. Keep up the good work man. And get some pics up of YOU lol. Might need to adjust calories soon but not sure yet. We will see if the fat loss tapers. Should definitely be good for now.

PM me how your trt is going.

First6 is offline Member
    I was crying I was laughing so hard.
    lol

Good job on he loss bro. Keep up the good work man. And get some pics up of YOU lol. Might need to adjust calories soon but not sure yet. We will see if the fat loss tapers. Should definitely be good for now.
    Thanks! It's not a great big loss but I am happy with it. Thanks for the support!

PM me how your trt is going.
    I'll pm you

First6 is offline Member
    LoL, priceless!

Congrats on the loss, at least one of us is moving in the right direction! I know what you mean about the weekends, I have the EXACT same problem. My weekdays/work schedule is SO rigid, it's super easy to stick to a routine. I eat at the exact same time every single day, etc. On the weekends, it's much more difficult because a) I have access to more food then what I pack with me for work, and b) my schedule is 'free' with no agenda, or at least not a rigid one where I can eat exactly as I do during the week. Weekends are always a big challenge for me, and have ruined me in the past!
    Thanks Bro!
    Yeah I hear ya! I was really having a hard time on the weekends. Sometimes doing okay and sometimes not. "packing" for the day today REALLY helped me out. Give it a try.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread Information