Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    One more fan and supporter. You have made great gains and it's awesome that you are sticking with and adapting your program as necessary, keep it up and "C'mon Saturday"

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Quote Originally Posted by First6 View Post
    Thanks Bro! Yeah I'm constantly thinking about Saturday now. I can't wait for it. One more Saturday toward my goal! I hope I am not over doing it. There is nothing worse than working to hard. You put out all that work and get nothing back. Feels like sh!t. I think I am okay though. It takes my body more than average (I think) to respond. That is why I am insiting on doing more than average. So far my body is responding well to what we are putting it through. I'm anxious and nervous to see what it does with the changes we just threw at it. As of right now I def look like I have less fat then in my most recent pics posted. Good stuff!

Tonights workout went really well. I was anxious to try the behind the neck pullups so I did some. They are tough. I like them though!

Twist - I have a few questions for you. I will pm.
    replied.

Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    Keep it coming 6. Let's see what your Saturday stats are. I can't wait. You and gb weigh in on the same day! You might be going a little too hard lol. after this week I want a rest day. My clients lose on average 3lbs per week and I have never put anyone on a program as intense as yours.
    fixed this cuz it made no sense lol. I meant 3lbs a week and nobody is on as an intense program as you

First6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    One more fan and supporter. You have made great gains and it's awesome that you are sticking with and adapting your program as necessary, keep it up and "C'mon Saturday"
    Thanks for the support T

replied.
    I understand. Thanks.

fixed this cuz it made no sense lol. I meant 3lbs a week and nobody is on as an intense program as you
    I knew what you meant. lol

Yesterday was a bad day.
    Diet was on track with exception of it being low in calories by the end of the day. Prob ended it right around 1700. Oh and the other thing is I ran out of food (get to that in a minute) and all I had were a baggie of mini pretzels in the back seat from the kids. I was so starving I had to eat them. It was a medium sized handfull. Only got one workout in for the day. It was an hour of cardio.
    I'm going to call it a rest day and be done with it!

I had to travel for work yesterday so I knew I would not get my mid day cardio in. BUT I took my prepared food and planned my day so I could be home for the evening cardio class. All went just as planned until the drive home. I hit the road at 2:30 for the 2.5 hour drive home. That's when the problems started. I got caught right behind a huge accident on the turnpike. We all slammed on our brakes and waited for impact. I did not hit anyone and no one hit me. Others around were not so lucky. BUT we were all gridlocked and the road was completely closed up from the accident. I sat there for hours. (Thank goodness for movies on the iPhone!) I got starved - ate the pretzels. Got home @ 7:15 way after the class was over. Was not happy!

Today is 100% on track

Choppers is offline Associate Member
    hey look shit happens. thankfully you weren't injured though - that would have FAR worse and affected both your cardio and work outs if you had been injured seriously.

A small bag of Pretzels in a sub-maintenance day is not too much to worry about in the grand scheme.

Besides an hour of cardio burnt off most of it anyway! Good luck....

didn't effect you much bro. I wouldn't worry about it.

First6 is offline Member
    Weigh in UPDATE:
    Yesterday was weigh in day.
    I am not thrilled but I'm okay with it. I think my body is just adjusting to the changes I threw at it at the beginning of the week.
    Weight: 162 - Down from 164
    BF: 14.3% - Up from 13.9%

I find it interesting that my bf% went up (is it just because my BW went down?) I def look like I have less fat in the mirror. I feel that way to.

I am pretty much willing to write the week off in my mind and continue on and let my body settle from the changes. See what another week brings. Good idea?

bigcwithane is offline Member
    Good job on the loss bro. I doubt you gained any body fat with a 2 lb. Loss. How are you measuring

Weigh in UPDATE:
    Yesterday was weigh in day.
    I am not thrilled but I'm okay with it. I think my body is just adjusting to the changes I threw at it at the beginning of the week.
    Weight: 162 - Down from 164
    BF: 14.3% - Up from 13.9%

I find it interesting that my bf% went up (is it just because my BW went down?) I def look like I have less fat in the mirror. I feel that way to.

I am pretty much willing to write the week off in my mind and continue on and let my body settle from the changes. See what another week brings. Good idea?
    2lb loss is really good! I believe you are using that electronic thing right? This is so funny because this is where LB should chime in and say, "drop the scale and the bogus bf calculator, go by looks." Definitely drop the scale. Get some pics up bro.

I am confused as to why you think the week is a loss when you did so well. Please explain.

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Go by looks and how you feel, always better than a scale. Post those pics so we can help.

Go by looks and how you feel, always better than a scale. Post those pics so we can help.
    ALways be cautious when you advise this because most people have a warped perception of how they look, and they feel shitty many times regardless of progress. Its more important to have honest people around if you are going to ditch the scale.

First6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcwithane View Post
    Good job on the loss bro. I doubt you gained any body fat with a 2 lb. Loss. How are you measuring
    You bring up a good point. I did measure befroe I started but have not kept up with doing it. I should check it one of these days.

2lb loss is really good! I believe you are using that electronic thing right? This is so funny because this is where LB should chime in and say, "drop the scale and the bogus bf calculator, go by looks." Definitely drop the scale. Get some pics up bro. Yup sounds like LB! lol

I am confused as to why you think the week is a loss when you did so well. Please explain.
    Yeah I am using an electronic devise. (I ordered some calipers but they have not come yet) and I KNOW it is not a reliable way to check bf. I take it with a lot of salt so to speak. But it is useful for me to watch up and down trending over time. When the calipers arrive all that will be set aside of course. I know I know. A 2 lb loss is a good week. I don't know why I was so down on it. I guess I just expected more. I worked Really hard and stayed on diet thruogh the week and just wanted to see huge results. I should have been happy with steady results which is what I got.
    Overall I had a really bad weekend. Just way to busy and had some major expenses incurred with some things and on top of that I just felt run down and out of energy. So with all that I guess I was just harder on myself than I should have been.

I def look better. But I have been feeling worse the last few days. I am out of energy and my strength is down. No, no pics right now. I am doing them e.o.w. I don't want to over anaylize. Posting pics every week would be to often I think. 2 weeks is a good time frame to see some changes in your body or make some changes in your diet/workout.

First6 is offline Member
    Weekend update:

Over all the weekend went badly. This might be the first time I am reporting that for real. Maybe with exception of the sick week. Seriously though. It was pretty bad. I don't know what got into me. Burn out maybe? I felt really "slow" all weekend. Felt tired, no energy. Strength was low. I did one lifting workout and one cardio workout on Sat and same thing on Sun and that is all I could force myself to do. My diet was terrible to. WTF? I never F up my diet like that! Sat I thought I had to have a big bowl of cereal (sooo much sugar in it) and Sunday I ate my wife's pasta dish that she made for dinner. AND I had some of the kids candy earlier in the day. Man! just writing about it now is really even pissing me off. I took a major step back this weekend guys. Stupid! What a let down.

Now. It is behind me. Can't change it. Time to shut up about it and move forward!

Today. I am def back on track. No screwing around. I did feel really low on energy during this morning's cardio but it was prob because my weekend diet was crap. Diet today is on track and wll be all day.

bigcwithane is offline Member
    Weekend update:

Over all the weekend went badly. This might be the first time I am reporting that for real. Maybe with exception of the sick week. Seriously though. It was pretty bad. I don't know what got into me. Burn out maybe? I felt really "slow" all weekend. Felt tired, no energy. Strength was low. I did one lifting workout and one cardio workout on Sat and same thing on Sun and that is all I could force myself to do. My diet was terrible to. WTF? I never F up my diet like that! Sat I thought I had to have a big bowl of cereal (sooo much sugar in it) and Sunday I ate my wife's pasta dish that she made for dinner. AND I had some of the kids candy earlier in the day. Man! just writing about it now is really even pissing me off. I took a major step back this weekend guys. Stupid! What a let down.

Now. It is behind me. Can't change it. Time to shut up about it and move forward!

Today. I am def back on track. No screwing around. I did feel really low on energy during this morning's cardio but it was prob because my weekend diet was crap. Diet today is on track and wll be all day.
    Don't get don't first. I'm in the same boat. My weekend was trash it was like a straight binge Idk what happend I was on it all week and the weekend came and I threw it all out the window. But get back on track and straighten sh!t out that's what I'm trying to do.

LBSOMEIRON is offline Banned
    Like usual, I'm late to the dance. I find it more than interesting your BF went up and weight down...it's bothersome because it reflects a loss of LBM. UNLESS it's one of those elctrostatic scales in which case...>DROP THE SCALE...I can fingale that thing by 7% - no joke, by using it after I train and after pounding a gallon of water.

Please do me a favor a repost your current diet, your stats today and your routine. I know it's in your thread, but I think it wa changed a few times.

First6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LBSOMEIRON View Post
    Like usual, I'm late to the dance. I find it more than interesting your BF went up and weight down...it's bothersome because it reflects a loss of LBM. UNLESS it's one of those elctrostatic scales in which case...>DROP THE SCALE...I can fingale that thing by 7% - no joke, by using it after I train and after pounding a gallon of water.

Please do me a favor a repost your current diet, your stats today and your routine. I know it's in your thread, but I think it wa changed a few times.
    Okay Lb. You HAD to show up right after I posted about my f up on the weekend didn't you!? lol I should've known. Don't know if you had time to read the whole thread (there is not a lot of fluff in it - it is almost all meat) but I have been taking this seriously. Please don't judge me by my post about this past weekend. I did it. I can't change it. It aint happnin again.
    Yeah I am using an electronic scale. I ordered some calipers but they are not here yet. I know the scale is not accurate but I just use it to watch for an over all up/down trend. I will not be using it after I get the calipers and learn how to use them.
    I'm not overly worried that it showed an increase in the bf as it is an electronic devise and I know I worked hard this week. It was prob the hardest working week I had since I started.

Thanks for jumping on board LB. Glad to have you I'll be interested to hear your straight shooting comments.

This will get you up to date:
    (i don't have much time here @ work so I will jsut do a lot of copy/paste)

Beginning STATS:
    37yrs
    5'8"
    167lbs
    BF 18.5%
    Current STATS: (after 4 weeks)
    37yrs
    5'8"
    162lbs
    BF 14%

BEFORE pics are in post #1
    Pics after 3 weeks are in post #100 & 101
    Pics due next weekend.

Diet:
    I am still eating the same thing which is:
    Breakfast:
    2 scoops whey
    .5 cup oats
    430/57/33/7
    Morning snack:
    4oz tuna
    .5 cup oats
    250/27/27/5
    Lunch:
    6oz chicken breast
    3 cups green veggies
    1 cup brown rice
    473/42/63/6
    Afternoon snack:
    6oz chicken breast OR tuna
    1 cup brown rice
    353/38/43/6
    Dinner:
    6 oz chicken breast
    3 cups green veggies
    285/39/20/4
    Before bed:
    1 scoop ON Casein
    1tbsp natty pb
    205/29/8/7

Approximate totals:
    1995/232/193/34
    P46%/C39%/F15%

Days I do only cardio I only do 1 scoop of whey in the am and skip the oats. Or half the oats depending on how i feel.
    I have not had any days yet where i do nothing at all (meaning no weights or cardio).

Workout:

ALL am cardio is fasted. All mid day or evening cardio is done a min of 2 hours after last meal.

Here is the workout Twist designed for me.

Monday: Chest and Biceps AND 1 Hour cardio
    flat bench 35 lbs db as many reps as you can do for 5 sets
    Dips, put weight on your lap and feet up on another chair so your legs are extended and nothing is touching the floor, 8-12 reps, 4 sets
    preacher curls 4 sets of 7-10 reps
    standing arm curls 3 sets of 10 reps

Tuesday 3 SESSIONS of 1 hour of cardio

Wednesday back and triceps AND 2 sessions of 1 hour cardio
    bent over rows 6 sets of 8-12 (standing)
    good mornings with great form, light weight, 20 reps 3 sets
    chin ups, 1 set of 20
    pull ups, 1 set of 20
    overhead db tricep extension, 4 sets of 8-12
    Kickbacks, 3 sets of 16 reps

Thursday 3 SESSIONS of 1 hour of cardio

Friday legs and shoulders AND 1 hour cardio
    military press, standing, 4 sets of heavy.
    lateral raise, 3 sets of 8-12
    stiff legged deadlift 4 sets of 12,
    Squat, put a 35lb weight on each shoulder and do 4 sets of max reps
    Lunge, hold the 35lbs and lunge deep for 4 sets of 16 steps with each foot.

Saturday Sunday 1 hour cardio each day min. sometimes I will do an extra hour of cardio on one or both days If I am motivated to.

That's a min of 12 hours of cardio every week

Here are the changes that started 1 week ago: (copy/paste from Twist)
    Workout adjustments needed: We need to go heavier on ALL compound lifts.
    1. Flat db chest press - we need this to be heavier. I want your reps to do this 20 (warmup), 4, 4, 8, 16 then dips, then biceps
    2. Biceps - Do regular rotating bicep curls standing or seated, but follow this with as close to flat bar curls as you can get. This exercise should be done with grip a little wider than shoulder width, and curl like pinky is trying to touch your outer shoulder.
    3. Back - I want 10 of your chinups to be behind the neck, make this the first 10 you do. Also we need deadlifts in there now. You can superset deadlifts with light goodmornings. You can do deads with your heaviest dbs, great form is a must; four sets. OMIT 10 pullups
    4. You can do a little more tricep work if you want, like 2-3 sets of something.
    5. Legs - try to up your weight for both squats and lunges.
    Also uped the cardio from 10 hours a week to 12 hours a week.

Diet adjustments needed
    Here we go lol. Up you carbs by 25 grams. You are clearly gaining muscle while burning fat so I am gonna go with it.

First6 is offline Member
    ALL,
    Forgot to mention!!! I got some new stuff.
    I picked up a nice bench from craigslist.
    So now I have:
    --dumbell sets up to 85lbs
    --a place to do pullups
    --a bench with leg attachment and preacher pad attachment. The uprights also reverse and extend up to hold the bar for squats.
    --EZ curl bar
    --45lb Olympic straight bar with 255lbs of plates

I'm gettin there!
    Last edited by First6; 10-26-2010 at 11:01 AM.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Don't get down on yourself about the weekend First, God knows I know the feeling. All you can do is forget about it, today is a new day and you just pick right back up like it never happened. Go hard for the next month and one crappy weekend won't mean much at all. It's when we fall into these ruts weekend after weekend (like I recently did) that gets us into trouble. Hell, maybe you got a 'refeed' day of sorts and boosted your metabolism. It's isn't always a terrible thing to overeat.

First6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Don't get down on yourself about the weekend First, God knows I know the feeling. All you can do is forget about it, today is a new day and you just pick right back up like it never happened. Go hard for the next month and one crappy weekend won't mean much at all. It's when we fall into these ruts weekend after weekend (like I recently did) that gets us into trouble. Hell, maybe you got a 'refeed' day of sorts and boosted your metabolism. It's isn't always a terrible thing to overeat.
    Thanks Bro. Yeah I'm keeping positive about it now. Like I said I can't go back and change it. Over all the month I have been doing this I have been real good so It didn't destroy me or anything. I just can't do it again. BUT I am keeping a picture in my mind of that huge celebratory meal when I hit my goal! THAT WILL HAPPEN. lol

I would think of it as a refeed day just like gb said. The fact that you are getting too tired to continue means you probably need a rest day. I wouldn't put any emphasis on the scale at all. There is no way it is accurate. I would slow down a little. Let's put a low intensity cardio day in the middle of the week. Let's say 20 minutes, empty stomach, walk. Nice and easy. You need to rest! You do not gain or lose at the gym. Weekend probably did you good. Your body is telling you something, listen to it.

First6 is offline Member
    I would think of it as a refeed day just like gb said. Yeah sounds good to me. The fact that you are getting too tired to continue means you probably need a rest day. I wouldn't put any emphasis on the scale at all. There is no way it is accurate. agreed - my new calipers should arrive this week I would slow down a little. Let's put a low intensity cardio day in the middle of the week. Let's say 20 minutes, empty stomach, walk. Nice and easy. You need to rest! You do not gain or lose at the gym. Weekend probably did you good. Your body is telling you something, listen to it.
    I never gave a rest day to much thought. I just tried to avoid it to be honest. I have been going at this thing like a bull through a china shop. Just pushing sh!t out of my way as I go. Guess it was bound to catch up to me. Although.... I do feel pretty good now. My lunchtime 3.5 mile walk was really easy (and I was truckin). I felt real good. I have no activity planned for the rest of the day. That should help some. Tomorrow is a big day though. I have 3 hours of cardio planned. I want to still do it and see how I feel unless you tell me NO def NOT.

Ok....Let me do it like this. I'm here to offer you moral support and to (first off) tell you to Forget about the weekend.

No, you can't put Humpty back together again and who really cares.

Your body could use the metabolic kick and your mind could use the release. For now, you are stronger and more focused.

Because you have GB and Twist in your corner, for me to come in this late and be a third mouth would be unfair to you and show a lack of respect to the other two. I won't go there.

I will, however, tell you that I think you diet is pretty decent and your workout routine was made for someone working out at Curves.

If it were me, I'd toss the entire thing out and stick to the basics.

Twist and I come from two different schools. I am a do'er. I see what and how my body reacts to different ideas and techniques.

Twist doesn't train and preaches more from a scientific approach.

For me, what I say works for me and it 'usually' works for the people I preach it to.

Having said that, Twist apparently has gottent the results from his clients and it looks like you are making strides.....

If it ain't broke'

Good luck dude....

PS....and if you are doing 3 hours of friggn cardio a day - for you are a much stronger dude than I.

If I had to do it, I'd toss in the wraps tomorrow.

First6 is offline Member
    PS....and if you are doing 3 hours of friggn cardio a day - for you are a much stronger dude than I.

If I had to do it, I'd toss in the wraps tomorrow.
    No. I'm gonna have to call you out on that one. You'd toss in the wraps! Please! Look at you Bro. You know what you would do if you had to do 3 hours of cardio tomorrow? You would do 3.5 just to kick the smile off of the 3's face. Like you said. Your a do'r.

In defense of twist on the workout..... There is something you don't know. I don't go to the gym. (money) So he has been just working with the equipment I had which was close to nothing. As you can see from my post #137 I am beginning to get some decent stuff now. In the beginning of this Twist asked for others to help him with ideas for my workout so he prob doesn't mind other opinions on it. I would bet he changes things soon with me getting the new equipment anyway.
    Hey I respect you decision to lay low on the advise. I'm in good hands I know that. I would greatly appreciate your support here and there though! I got nothing but respect for you from following gb's thread.
    Last edited by First6; 10-25-2010 at 01:13 PM.

No. I'm gonna have to call you out on that one. You'd toss in the wraps! Please! Look at you Bro. You know what you would do if you had to do 3 hours of cardio tomorrow? You would do 3.5 just to kick the smile off of the 3's face. Like you said. Your a do'r.

In defense of twist on the workout..... There is something you don't know. I don't go to the gym. (money) So he has been just working with the equipment I had which was close to nothing. As you can see from my post #137 I am beginning to get some decent stuff now. In the beginning of this Twist asked for others to help him with ideas for my workout so he prob doesn't mind other opinions on it. I would bet he changes things soon with me getting the new equipment anyway.
    Hey I respect you decision to lay low on the advise. I'm in good hands I know that. I would greatly appreciate your support here and there though! I got nothing but respect for you from following gb's thread.
    You amuse me. I like your style and you're probably right. 3 hours of cardio makes me sick to my stomach thinking about it, but if it had to be done......I give you sincere props for the dedication.

Again, you are right. I didn't realize it was a home gym, but I still think you can get away with some core lifts. All you need is a straight bar and some plates to do deads, str8 rows, corner rows, walking lunges, squats, push press. These are the fundamentals that crank the core and increase testosterone . A routine without them is just a routine.

As I mentioned, you are in good hands and your passion and desire to better yourself will have you reach your goals in no time. Once you have control over your mind (which you witnessed a little this weekend) the rest it kid's stuff.

I'll chime in every now and again, but for the most part I'll be here offering moral support (although you don't need it).....keep pounding my friend. I look forward to the end result.

I will, however, tell you that I think you diet is pretty decent and your workout routine was made for someone working out at Curves.

If it were me, I'd toss the entire thing out and stick to the basics.

Twist and I come from two different schools. I am a do'er. I see what and how my body reacts to different ideas and techniques.

Twist doesn't train and preaches more from a scientific approach.
    Lol. I do train now btw... But what would work for me would never work for most people. When I see someone in my postition, I will advise accordingly. I am big on science, but 90% is experience with a broad range of clients. Wait for the updated avy... Up 4lbs and counting.

For me, what I say works for me and it 'usually' works for the people I preach it to.

Having said that, Twist apparently has gottent the results from his clients and it looks like you are making strides.....

If it ain't broke'

Good luck dude....
    Yeah dude I totally agree with the curves thing. He had no equipment in the beginning except basically 30lb dumbbells... I would appreciate it if you could help him with a workout regimen. I don't have enough time to sit down and take account of all of the equipment he has available and then design a legit program.

First6 is offline Member
    You amuse me. I like your style and you're probably right. 3 hours of cardio makes me sick to my stomach thinking about it, but if it had to be done......I give you sincere props for the dedication.

Again, you are right. I didn't realize it was a home gym, but I still think you can get away with some core lifts. All you need is a straight bar and some plates to do deads, str8 rows, corner rows, walking lunges, squats, push press. These are the fundamentals that crank the core and increase testosterone . A routine without them is just a routine. Teach me more about this! I want to learn. I have a straight bar and plates now.
    As I mentioned, you are in good hands and your passion and desire to better yourself will have you reach your goals in no time. Once you have control over your mind (which you witnessed a little this weekend) the rest it kid's stuff.

I'll chime in every now and again, but for the most part I'll be here offering moral support (although you don't need it).....keep pounding my friend. I look forward to the end result. Hey Thanks for all the kind words Bro. I appreciate it. Looks like Twist could use some help with my workout. (Twist we all know your extremely busy Bro!) So would you be up for the challenge? Twist will prob be the first to tell ya I will listen and bring the results.
    [QUOTE=Twist;5408415]Yeah dude I totally agree with the curves thing. He had no equipment in the beginning except basically 30lb dumbbells... I would appreciate it if you could help him with a workout regimen. I don't have enough time to sit down and take account of all of the equipment he has available and then design a legit program. Twist - Hey Man don't sweat it. I know your really really busy and I don't want you to have to "force" the time right now. That's why i always say "when you have time" in my pm's. I am just really appreciative to have you in my corner in the first place! That being said - don't forget about me. lol I still need you Bro! You gotta keep me on my diet and TRT routine! Not to mention you gotta be here to see results day! It's not far away![/QUOTE]

Here is a recap of what I have now for both of you.
    --dumbell sets up to 85lbs
    --a place to do pullups
    --a bench with leg attachment and preacher pad attachment. The uprights also reverse and extend up to hold the bar for squats.
    --EZ curl bar
    --45lb Olympic straight bar with 255lbs of plates
    Last edited by First6; 10-26-2010 at 11:00 AM.

Exercises per bodypart that are a must:
    Chest
    Flat bench DB press
    Dips

Back
    Pullups
    Rows
    Deadlift

Shoulders
    Military Press
    Arnold Press
    Lateral Raise

Biceps
    Flat bar Curl
    Hammer Curl

Triceps
    Dips
    Overhead Press
    Skullcrusher

Legs
    Squat
    Lunge
    Stiff Legged Deadlift

Calves
    Whatever you can do I guess

Forearms
    That's just gay... Maybe do some shadow boxing instead.

Make a workout with the above as the core. You can rotate exercises; ex. military press week one, week two arnold press.

8-10 rep range, when you can do 12 up the weight. 12-14 reps for legs. Get some heavy low rep compound movements in there.

How's trt? pm me.

First6 is offline Member
    Exercises per bodypart that are a must:
    Chest
    Flat bench DB press
    Dips

Back
    Pullups
    Rows
    Deadlift

Shoulders
    Military Press
    Arnold Press
    Lateral Raise

Biceps
    Flat bar Curl
    Hammer Curl

Triceps
    Dips
    Overhead Press
    Skullcrusher

Legs
    Squat
    Lunge
    Stiff Legged Deadlift

Calves
    Whatever you can do I guess

Forearms
    That's just gay... Maybe do some shadow boxing instead.

Make a workout with the above as the core. You can rotate exercises; ex. military press week one, week two arnold press.

8-10 rep range, when you can do 12 up the weight. 12-14 reps for legs. Get some heavy low rep compound movements in there.

How's trt? pm me.
    Your the Man Twist! Thank you.
    I will put a routine together and post it up for comment

First6 is offline Member
    All,

I just wanted to say sorry I have been so slow responding and updating here lately. This still has my full attention but my internet has been down @ home for about 4-5 days or so. It is supposed to be fixed tomorrow afternoon so hopefully I will be able to be more involved again after that.
    I have been posting a little from the iPhone but my reception at home sucks and with the net down = no wifi.

I'm still going strong.

Trt?

First6 is offline Member
    Fianlly got my internet back up!
    I have been working on job sites this week so I have not been able to access the net from the office either! I'm going nuts! lol

Update:
    I forget where I left off here.
    I decided to take a few days rest. What I mean by that is only doing one workout a day for the last 2 days. Today I "accidently" did a second workout (LOL) but tomorrow I am only going to do one. I just needed a recharge, and my body has been achy all over for a few days. Then I will go back to hitting it hard. Hopefully I will have my energy back and my body will feel better.
    Diet is still on track.

Dude just go one day and don't workout, stop half assing a rest day. I wish my clients were this dedicated, shit I would pay them. Just take one days rest, then go back to normal.

First6 is offline Member
    Dude just go one day and don't workout, stop half assing a rest day. I wish my clients were this dedicated, shit I would pay them. Just take one days rest, then go back to normal.
    Yeah I was half assing. I am sure I hurt my progress some this week. For the MOST part though I really could not help it. I already told you about my week in a pm but I should repeat it here so all can see I have not fallen off the wagon. This week was WAY off track. I was working at job sites all week instead of in the office. I worked 14 hour days plus 2 hours drive time. So most days I only got one workout in. One day I didn't get anything in 918 hour day at work). My diet was still okay for the most part but it was not as good as when I pack my "normal" stuff to take to the office. Sometimes I had to eat what was provided. I was picky though. I am finally home now for the weekend and I am looking forward to getting back on track. I feel really un-motivated now though. (because of so much time being off my track) I need to get up in the morning and hit it hard to get myself going in full gear again. I feel like VERY little progress was made this last 5 days if any at all. Very frustrating.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Yeah I was half assing. I am sure I hurt my progress some this week. For the MOST part though I really could not help it. I already told you about my week in a pm but I should repeat it here so all can see I have not fallen off the wagon. This week was WAY off track. I was working at job sites all week instead of in the office. I worked 14 hour days plus 2 hours drive time. So most days I only got one workout in. One day I didn't get anything in 918 hour day at work). My diet was still okay for the most part but it was not as good as when I pack my "normal" stuff to take to the office. Sometimes I had to eat what was provided. I was picky though. I am finally home now for the weekend and I am looking forward to getting back on track. I feel really un-motivated now though. (because of so much time being off my track) I need to get up in the morning and hit it hard to get myself going in full gear again. I feel like VERY little progress was made this last 5 days if any at all. Very frustrating.
    Bro, you know i've been struggling lately with things that I felt were 'out of my control' for the most part, just like your work is for you. These are the times when we have to just forget about it, pick ourselves up and move on. The week is over, you're in a position to get back on track (you are now, right?) - so pretend you had a bad dream and it never really happened. Carry on tomorrow with that mindset. Fight off those (mostly irrational) feelings of not making progress. You certainly didn't go backwards, and probably progressed even if just a little, which is better then not at all.

I wanna hear the YOU I know in your next post damn it!
    Last edited by gbrice75; 10-30-2010 at 07:58 AM.

First6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Bro, you know i've been struggling lately with things that I felt were 'out of my control' for the most part, just like your work is for you. These are the times when we have to just forget about it, pick ourselves up and move on. The week is over, you're in a position to get back on track (you are now, right?) - so pretend you had a bad dream and it never really happened. Carry on tomorrow with that mindset. Fight off those (most irrational) feelings of not making progress. You certainly didn't go backwards, and probably progressed even if just a little, which is better then not at all.

I wanna hear the YOU I know in your next post damn it!
    Thanks gb. Yeah you could tell this week really got me down. Man it is hard to recover from that! Maybe not for some but for me it just makes me feel so un motivated.
    FINALLY a new day today! I don't have to work and I can get back in high gear. Just that thought alone is re amount me up!
    Thanks for your words of support. It means a lot to me. The ME you know is back Bro. Don't worry about that!
    Watch for a weigh in update later this morning.

First6 is offline Member
    Weigh in Update:
    This morning I am back on track mentally. I got up and I did my fasted cardio and and my planned breakfast. I feel good.
    According to the scale the week was not as bad as I thought it might have been. I guess that makes sense. I still ate pretty good and keep the calories in line. I did one cardio workout each day except one and did no "real" weight workouts. I half assed some weights when I had a few minutes but nothing real.
    So here it is
    Today:
    Weight 161 - down from 162
    BF 13.1% - down from 14.3%

Last weigh in I thought something was fishy with the bf result. This weeks weigh in confirms it. I was sure that 14.3 was not rigth (to high) for how hard I worked. Last week I was prob somewhere around 13.5. (the previous week was 13.9)

I got my bf calipers in the mail yesterday. I am going to try them out today and I will let you all know. Hopefully I can get a pretty acurate reading with my no experience. lol

Good job bro, when are you doing pictures?

First6 is offline Member
    Thanks twist. I took some pics this morning. I just have not posted them yet. I got tied up doing some things around the house. I will get them up later today. I think they look the same as the last ones though.
    I was gonna wait to pm you my update until the pics were up. Thanks for checking in before I even pm'd you though! It means a lot to me that you where thinking about it!
    Last edited by First6; 10-30-2010 at 11:35 AM.

I woke up and got out of bed to check this site, then went back to bed.... Can't sleep though so now I am eating, then I will return to bed.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread Information