Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    First6 is offline Member
    Today was a strange day.
    I woke up late and decided not to do my cardio. Then just as I was about to get in the shower I said no screw this. I'm already late I may as well just do the cardio anyway. So i did the cardio. I even did a little extra. I did an hour and 10 minutes. Then as i was getting ready for work I was thinking the cardio felt Real good today. I might do some extra at lunchtime. So I grabed my gym bag on the way out the door. At lunchtime I went to do my normal walk and something in my head snapped again. Because of the super nice weather?? I don't know... Anyway I called the office and gave the the old "due to lack of interest I will not be in the rest of the afternoon".
    I said screw the normal walk.
    I walked 1.1 miles to warm up.
    Then I ran a 5k.
    Then I walked the same 5k.
    Then I ran a 3k.
    Then I walked the same 3k.
    No joke
    Here is a pic of my heart rate monitor at the finish. The only thing it does not reflect is the 1.1 mile warm up. You can add about 130 cals to it for that.
    Attachment 112276
    2 hrs 26 minutes
    1441 cals (1571 with the warm up added in)

Add the 600 cals I burned at the morning cardio and I burned over 2200 cals in cardio alone. Don't know what I burned withe the weights today lol.

Crazy day. My hips hurt like a mother.
    Last edited by First6; 11-12-2010 at 08:16 PM.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by First6 View Post
    Today was a strange day.
    I woke up late and decided not to do my cardio. Then just as I was about to get in the shower I said no screw this. I'm already late I may as well just do the cardio anyway. So i did the cardio. I even did a little extra. I did an hour and 10 minutes. Then as i was getting ready for work I was thinking the cardio felt Real good today. I might do some extra at lunchtime. So I grabed my gym bag on the way out the door. At lunchtime I went to do my normal walk and something in my head snapped again. Because of the super nice weather?? I don't know... Anyway I called the office and gave the the old "due to lack of interest I will not be in the rest of the afternoon".
    I said screw the normal walk.
    I walked 1.1 miles to warm up.
    Then I ran a 5k.
    Then I walked the same 5k.
    Then I ran a 3k.
    Then I walked the same 3k.
    No joke
    Here is a pic of my heart rate monitor at the finish. The only thing it does not reflect is the 1.1 mile warm up. You can add about 130 cals to it for that.
    Attachment 112276
    2 hrs 24 minutes
    1441 cals

Add the 600 cals I burned at the morning cardio and I burned over 2200 cals in cardio alone. Don't know what I burned withe the weights today lol.

Crazy day. My hips hurt like a mother.
    Hey bro. I'm glad to see you have this kind of fire, and don't want to piss on your parade - but just be careful. How many calories are you eating per day? Remember that even cardio can be over done. This is where TDEE comes into play - people that are that active every day obviously need to eat more then somebody like you. I realize you're not doing it every day, i'm just saying to be careful as torching LBM is a reality when you're running a caloric deficit diet.

First6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Hey bro. I'm glad to see you have this kind of fire, and don't want to piss on your parade - but just be careful. How many calories are you eating per day? Remember that even cardio can be over done. This is where TDEE comes into play - people that are that active every day obviously need to eat more then somebody like you. I realize you're not doing it every day, i'm just saying to be careful as torching LBM is a reality when you're running a caloric deficit diet.
    Oh I know. This was a one time thing. I just had a wild hair. I did eat some extra clean food though to compensate.

Oh I know. This was a one time thing. I just had a wild hair. I did eat some extra clean food though to compensate.
    I figured as much. Hey, aren't you due for updated pics this weekend? I just posted mine, check em out. Tbody is due too.

First6 is offline Member
    I figured as much. Hey, aren't you due for updated pics this weekend? I just posted mine, check em out. Tbody is due too.
    Yeah but I jsut saw yours so now I might be... um out sick or somthing. (cough cough)
    You showed some real improvment! Sounds gay whatever but I'm proud of you!

didn't see tbody's yet. He will prob do it tomorrow.

mine will be tomorrow also.

Yeah but I jsut saw yours so now I might be... um out sick or somthing. (cough cough)
    You showed some real improvment! Sounds gay whatever but I'm proud of you!

didn't see tbody's yet. He will prob do it tomorrow.

mine will be tomorrow also.
    Haha thanks bro! Not gay at all. This is great... I have the pressure of my own pics every 2 weeks.. but it feels kinda good knowing that i'm not going through it alone... I have you and Tbody with me!

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    You know pictures is coming up that's why you hit the cardio hard! Whatever keeps you going brother. Good job.

First6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    You know pictures is coming up that's why you hit the cardio hard! Whatever keeps you going brother. Good job.
    You know. That is the obvious answer and it may be true on a sub level. But I have to say I am really focused on the end goal right now. I am really not making to big a deal of this weeks pics since I know not a LOT of progress was made. NOW that being said... I have weighed in this morning taken the new pics and I think I may have been wrong. The half assing may have done me a little good LOL. I see some progress. Not a lot. but some. STILL focused on the end goal though.

pics coming up soon.

First6 is offline Member

Weigh in UPDATE & pics

Okay. So I have said a few times that I did not expect to much from these pics since I spent a little while not going 100% on diet and workout.
    Overall I am happy with the progress. Not proud but happy. I am still moving towared the end goal. I def have not gone backwards.

Weight: 162 (up 1 lb)
    BF: 12% (on omron -so real number is prob about 14%)

Pics deleted and re posted later.
    Last edited by First6; 11-13-2010 at 09:54 PM.

First6 is offline Member
    Here are 2 more I forgot

Pics deleted. reposted later.
    Last edited by First6; 11-13-2010 at 09:53 PM.

First6 is offline Member
    I need to learn how to take better pics. These look like crap.
    Advise please.

Wow bro, that's all I can say. That last pic in the first set is great - LOOK AT YOUR SHAPE!! Look at the separation starting between your delts and tri's! Sorry but you did not have this shape a couple of months ago. You are making GREAT strides! I'm proud of you too brotha, keep up the great work! You're starting to scare me now... I JUST might have a broken camera in 2 weeks... =)

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    You know the progress is great, even maybe ahead of schedule. We just keep this up as a lifestyle and we'll all be happy where we get and stay.

Why did GB change is avy to a young Lou Ferrigno???

First6 is offline Member
    Wow bro, that's all I can say. That last pic in the first set is great - LOOK AT YOUR SHAPE!! Look at the separation starting between your delts and tri's! Sorry but you did not have this shape a couple of months ago. You are making GREAT strides! I'm proud of you too brotha, keep up the great work! You're starting to scare me now... I JUST might have a broken camera in 2 weeks... =)
    Thanks GB. I see a little progress but I am going to really show strides in 2 weeks. Thanks for the encouragement.
    Give me some tips on better pics. These look like crap!

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    You know the progress is great, even maybe ahead of schedule. We just keep this up as a lifestyle and we'll all be happy where we get and stay.

I was wondering the same thing! Hey GB... you should go back to putting yourself in your avy. It will help motivate you... If you keep Lou in there you will look at him all day and slack off!

First6 is offline Member
    Hey guys. Seriously. Give me some pointers on taking better pics.
    Sounds stupid but I look more defined than these pics are showing. How can I get the pics to look better and show what I really look like?
    Example - My top 2 abs are starting to show but you would never know it by looking at these.
    help!?

post new pics! Your other ones were good. These ones are tiny on my computer. Can't get them to enlarge.

Hey guys. Seriously. Give me some pointers on taking better pics.
    Sounds stupid but I look more defined than these pics are showing. How can I get the pics to look better and show what I really look like?
    Example - My top 2 abs are starting to show but you would never know it by looking at these.
    help!?
    Get your wife, or at least someone other than yourself, use a darker background and not so much light that it drowns you out, edit the darkness or color on your pics, I drop the darkness one, up the contrast on, and drop the midlevel one. Too much light drowns out the lines and not enough makes detail difficult to see.

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    good job on getting pics up..Definate Improvements,you all got a good thing going on keep it up...

First6 is offline Member

Pics

Hey guys I am re-uploading the pics.
    I figured out how to make them bigger so you can see them better.

Attachment 112317Attachment 112318Attachment 112319Attachment 112320

Weight: 162 (up 1 lb)
    BF: 12% (on omron -so real number is prob about 14%)
    Last edited by First6; 11-13-2010 at 09:54 PM.

First6 is offline Member

First6 is offline Member
    Get your wife, or at least someone other than yourself, use a darker background and not so much light that it drowns you out, edit the darkness or color on your pics, I drop the darkness one, up the contrast on, and drop the midlevel one. Too much light drowns out the lines and not enough makes detail difficult to see.
    Thanks. But I should have mentioned. I have no idea how to edit color on pics.
    help??

Those pics look much better. Yeah bro good work. Progress is coming along nicely. Let's keep everything where its at and see how next week looks. I want the bf% to get a little lower before we up calories. You don't have much lbm so its not really a worry with low cals. So keep on going the way you have man.

How long have you been following the workout routine for and what are your thoughts on it? I also want you to start doing crunches on days when you don't weight train. Crunches should take 4-6 seconds per rep, big stretch at the bottom and exhale on the way up as if you are trying to fog up a window. This is the most important part: BREATH AS IF YOU ARE TRYING TO BREATH HOT AIR TO FOG UP A WINDOW. It will make all the difference. If you breath as if you are trying to blow out a candle it is not the same. It sounds stupid but it works wonders. Big contractions just like with every muscle, don't let the tension off of the abs in between reps. This will pull your abs out in 2 weeks guaranteed.

Situps
    as many reps as you can do, 4-6second tempo, focus on breathing, and 5 sets of this on days when you don't weight train.

cue_artist is offline Associate Member
    Good job First. How long have you been on this diet/workout routine ?

First6 is offline Member
    Those pics look much better. Yeah bro good work. Progress is coming along nicely. Let's keep everything where its at and see how next week looks. I want the bf% to get a little lower before we up calories. You don't have much lbm so its not really a worry with low cals. So keep on going the way you have man.

How long have you been following the workout routine for and what are your thoughts on it? I also want you to start doing crunches on days when you don't weight train. Crunches should take 4-6 seconds per rep, big stretch at the bottom and exhale on the way up as if you are trying to fog up a window. This is the most important part: BREATH AS IF YOU ARE TRYING TO BREATH HOT AIR TO FOG UP A WINDOW. It will make all the difference. If you breath as if you are trying to blow out a candle it is not the same. It sounds stupid but it works wonders. Big contractions just like with every muscle, don't let the tension off of the abs in between reps. This will pull your abs out in 2 weeks guaranteed.

Situps
    as many reps as you can do, 4-6second tempo, focus on breathing, and 5 sets of this on days when you don't weight train.
    Okay. This sounds like a really cool technique. I am gonna do the first run of it today.
    Well Tues will be 1 week that I have been doing this routine. So far it is Perfect for me. The timing is great. the split is great. No probs whatsoever. Shoulders feel like they need more but that was my fault as I could have done better with what I did. (learning technique)

Quote Originally Posted by cue_artist View Post
    Good job First. How long have you been on this diet/workout routine ?
    Well routine was just answered but the diet is a longer story. I have been on some kind of cut (more on than off) for years. I have been on this diet since the beggining of this thread. (2 tired to go look at the date) lol The whole thing has been good except for about 3 weeks or so of half assing both the diet and workout.

LoL!!!

Thanks GB. I see a little progress but I am going to really show strides in 2 weeks. Thanks for the encouragement.
    Give me some tips on better pics. These look like crap!

I was wondering the same thing! Hey GB... you should go back to putting yourself in your avy. It will help motivate you... If you keep Lou in there you will look at him all day and slack off!
    You're welcome bro, and LMAO you and TB are insane! =P

Good shit bro. Glad everything is working well

BUMP! Where you at First?

First6 is offline Member
    No fear Bro. I'm still here. Just been working long hours.
    I'm bringing it strong though. On diet 110%. NO cheating.
    Been hitting every cardio and every workout to. My ass still hurts from squats on tues Lol
    Shoulders are a little sore this morning.
    All is on plan!
    Last edited by First6; 11-18-2010 at 06:43 AM.

Glad you are on track with the diet and sore from the workouts, life is good.

Great job First!

No fear Bro. I'm still here. Just been working long hours.
    I'm bringing it strong though. On diet 110%. NO cheating.
    Been hitting every cardio and every workout to. My ass still hurts from squats on tues Lol
    Shoulders are a little sore this morning.
    All is on plan!
    Sick bro

First6 is offline Member
    Busy Busy Busy Week. Sorry I haven't been around.

First6 is offline Member

Weigh in UPDATE

Weight: 160.0 (down 2lbs)
    BF: 11.5 on Omron so real # is prob about 13.5 (down .5%)
    I am happy with it!

I sopped using the calipers because I was doing a 3 point and I want to look on the net and find out how to do a 5 or 9 point.

How do I look and feel?
    I feel great. I had an awesome week. Maybe the best week yet. I feel light and strong.
    I am really seeing changes in the mirror now. I think the BF is finally low enough that I see regular changes. My shoulders are gaining a lot of definition. Especially when they get a pump. (of course) I can see abs if I flex and the lighting is right.
    Def getting there!

I am happy with it!

I sopped using the calipers because I was doing a 3 point and I want to look on the net and find out how to do a 5 or 9 point.

How do I look and feel?
    I feel great. I had an awesome week. Maybe the best week yet. I feel light and strong.
    I am really seeing changes in the mirror now. I think the BF is finally low enough that I see regular changes. My shoulders are gaining a lot of definition. Especially when they get a pump. (of course) I can see abs if I flex and the lighting is right.
    Def getting there!
    So glad to hear bro!!! Been missing ya on the board (no homo!), you're always a good motivator and bring inspiration as well.

It seems like the two of us are in the same place right now - locked in, focused - I LOVE it! Great job!

So glad to hear bro!!! Been missing ya on the board (no homo!), you're always a good motivator and bring inspiration as well.

It seems like the two of us are in the same place right now - locked in, focused - I LOVE it! Great job!
    Both of you do, and I like it, keep it up, and thanks for letting the rest of us be a part of it all.

I am happy with it!

How do I look and feel?
    Def getting there!
    Killer bro I can't wait to see pictures. Hey bro if thanksgiving is gonna mess with your goals I wrote a good article in this section on how to minimize it. I think the title is "minimize damage from the Holidays" or something.

First6 is offline Member

Thanks!. Yeah We are both on Lock right now. Good stuff! Great job on your progress. I was really happy to see your throwing up huge results numbers!

Both of you do, and I like it, keep it up, and thanks for letting the rest of us be a part of it all.
    I am really glad your a part of my thread T. I haven't said mch about it but I learn a lot from many of your posts. Your prgress is astounding right now! Your last pics seriously threw me off for a minute. I thought you posted pics of someone else at first glance!

Killer bro I can't wait to see pictures. Hey bro if thanksgiving is gonna mess with your goals I wrote a good article in this section on how to minimize it. I think the title is "minimize damage from the Holidays" or something.
    Hey Thanks Twist! Thats awesome. Yeah we will all have a minor setback but at least we are all in it together. I'll check out thta article.

First6 is offline Member
    One more thing...
    Just wanted to say... I was "gone" for almost a week and the minute I post again you three jumped right in and were right there for me. Can't say how much that means to me.

You are one of the good ones too, first, it's mutual, thanks for the posts and comments and for sticking with everything. It makes what we do worth it, IMO. I am very excited about what changes you will make as well.

You are one of the good ones too, first, it's mutual, thanks for the posts and comments and for sticking with everything. It makes what we do worth it, IMO. I am very excited about what changes you will make as well.
    x2 ^^

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information