Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    First6 is offline Member
    Monday again. Yuck.
    Short week this week. Yeah.

First6 is offline Member
    Well I am going off TRT this week. NOT looking forward to this AT ALL!
    Gotta do it though because I am going to the Doc next week and I want him to up my dose.
    I have a feeling I will feel pretty lousy this week as a result. I hope it doesn't effect my progress to much. I am going to try to ignore it mentally and just power through.

One question though... Since my Test levels will go way low should I take a week off from the weights and just do extra cardio?
    Do light weights trying to avoid getting sore?
    What should I do?

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by First6 View Post
    Well I am going off TRT this week. NOT looking forward to this AT ALL!
    Gotta do it though because I am going to the Doc next week and I want him to up my dose.
    I have a feeling I will feel pretty lousy this week as a result. I hope it doesn't effect my progress to much. I am going to try to ignore it mentally and just power through.

One question though... Since my Test levels will go way low should I take a week off from the weights and just do extra cardio?
    Do light weights trying to avoid getting sore?
    What should I do?
    Just power through like you don't even know you're off.

I just read a study about exercise training in castrated rats (hence zero testosterone levels ) that showed muscle mass and strength gains over the test period through exercise alone.

First6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    Just power through like you don't even know you're off.

I just read a study about exercise training in castrated rats (hence zero testosterone levels) that showed muscle mass and strength gains over the test period through exercise alone.
    Thanks T.
    That's the catch though.... I HOPE I don't even know I am off.

Me too.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I agree with T here, just keep doing your thing and don't overthink it all too much.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    cardio mainly. Recovery time will be extended. keep workouts in the 10-12 range and focus on small muscles and isolation exercises.

First6 is offline Member
    Me too.
    Thanks T

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    I agree with T here, just keep doing your thing and don't overthink it all too much.
    Yeah that is the idea. This will be a physical change though not just in my head.... So I will only be able to "power" through it to a point. Something will have to change. (workout less intense prob)

Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    cardio mainly. Recovery time will be extended. keep workouts in the 10-12 range and focus on small muscles and isolation exercises.
    thanks Twist. Got your pm. (and responded) I appreciate the specifics of what to expect. Could be a rough week but only time will tell.

First6 is offline Member
    Forgot yesterday's update:

It was a good day over all.
    I was very strict with my diet. Even to the point of while cleaning up after the kids evening snack there was an untouched oreo on the plate. As soon as my eyes caught it my brain went "bingo! Gold mine!. So I popped it into my mouth without even thinking. Then the light bulb went off. I spit it out without even a single chew! LOL LOL. My wife saw the whole thing and was like "WTF??" LOL
    Yesterday was cardio only day. I did my am fasted 1 hour interval. Did my lunchtime walk (5K). Then took a run in the evening (5K).

Things are going well. Very well. I feel good.
    A little concerned about this week being off TRT and all. It will be easy to gain fat so I have to be super concious about diet and do some extra cardio.
    I hope you all can give me a little extra encouragement this week! I might need it.

Well... I'm outa here.... time to go for that lunchtime walk.

First6 is offline Member
    Is this right for a 9 point caliper test?

Here are the 9 places on your body where you take the measurements:

•Pectoral
    Upper Chest A diagonal fold, halfway between the nipple and the front of the underarm crease.

•Tricep
    A vertical fold halfway between the shoulder and elbow joint, directly over the tricep.

•Bicep
    A vertical fold halfway between the shoulder and elbow joint.

•Suprailiac
    A diagonal fold following the natural angle of the hipbone.

•Lower Back/Kidney
    A horizontal fold about 2 inches to the right of the spine, directly over the kidneys.

•Subscapular
    A slightly angled vertical fold between the right shoulder blade and the spine.

•Umbilicus/Abdomen
    A horizontal fold one inch to the right of the navel.

•Calf
    A vertical fold directly in the middle of the calf muscle.

•Upper Thigh

Now, Pinch an inch. For most measurements, using your thumb and index finger, you squeeze approximately 1 inch of fat and then use the caliper to measure the amount of millimeters that the fat takes up.

*If you are using a plastic caliper, remember to use the slider piece which points to the number of millimeters.*

THE MATH
    Nope, getting a "20" pinch on your abdomen does not mean you have 20% BF.

•Add up the 9 measuremenst that you took with the caliper

•Divide the total sum of the skinfold measurements by your weight

•Multiply the result by 27.

Thanks

First6 is offline Member
    Update for today.

Good day.
    Not much to report really.
    Stayed on diet 100%
    Did my morning 1 hour of interval cardio. Did my lunchtime walk. (5K) This evening since I am off TRT I did a light arm workout and 35 min of interval cardio.

I have my bloodwork on Friday so thankfully only 2 more days of low test. (I will come home and take a shot right after the bloodwork on Friday morning)
    So far I don't feel that bad. I physically know I am low though. My hips are hurting from the cardio. Same cardio I always do with no problems. I am tired. Slightly disinterested in working out but doing okay there for the most part. Sex drive is still fine...but then again my wife is really hot so...

Off the top of my head that caliper test looks right bro. You are doing really well and this low test moment won't mean shit in the long run. You have a great level of dedication. I have seen very few jump right into this and just keep going like you have. It's inspirational.

First6 is offline Member
    Off the top of my head that caliper test looks right bro. You are doing really well and this low test moment won't mean shit in the long run. You have a great level of dedication. I have seen very few jump right into this and just keep going like you have. It's inspirational.
    Thanks Twist. I'm gonna try that 9 point test this weekend. Just for kicks really because I am not really going by the numbers anymore I am just going for the look that I see in my head.

Thanks for the kind words Twist. I am just trying to achieve my goals bro. First time in my life I am actually going to do it! I honestly could not have gotten this far without your support though.
    Last edited by First6; 11-23-2010 at 08:20 PM.

This^^^ Proud to have you on the boards!!!

First6 is offline Member
    Thanks T

First6 is offline Member
    Acne!
    WTF?
    I have NEVER had any trouble with it at all ever. This morning I wake up and I have it on my face, my back, and my butt.
    Gotta be because my test is low?
    Strange.

First6 is offline Member
    Cardio this morning was Really tough. I had no energy at all. I got through it but Only because I got pissed off at how low my energy was and that drove me forward.
    Can't wait until Friday.

Acne!
    WTF?
    I have NEVER had any trouble with it at all ever. This morning I wake up and I have it on my face, my back, and my butt.
    Gotta be because my test is low?
    Strange.
    Yes, hormone fluctuations.

Cardio this morning was Really tough. I had no energy at all. I got through it but Only because I got pissed off at how low my energy was and that drove me forward.
    Can't wait until Friday.
    Whatever works.

Don't get down First, definitely up's and downs of the hormones. You'll feel better!

First6 is offline Member
    yeah thanks guys. I was asuming that is all it was. I am motivated mentally so I know that is not responsible for the low energy. I just feel tired.
    I am drinking diet soda today.... I almost never do that as I can't handle the caffeine (it gives me headaches)
    I'm not really getting down... It will soon be over so it really isn't messing with my head to much.

I really killed it for the last week so It would be tough to get me down right now!

If it makes you feel any better bro, I feel like complete sh!t today. I am EXHAUSTED. I attribute this to the fact that i'm getting sick, and the additional cardio is really taking a toll on my body. I'm still sore in my chest from Monday, and my legs and ass are sore from yesterday. I couldn't stay awake past 8:30pm last night, yet had a sh!tty sleep because of this sore throat i'm nursing.

Cardio was awful and uninspired today, but my weight workout was surprisingly intense. I think i'm going to take off from 2nd cardio today and rest up. Plus, tomorrow and Friday I don't have to get up early to go to the gym, so i'll catch up on some much needed rest. I'm just worried about next week!

First6 is offline Member
    If it makes you feel any better bro, I feel like complete sh!t today. I am EXHAUSTED. I attribute this to the fact that i'm getting sick, and the additional cardio is really taking a toll on my body. I'm still sore in my chest from Monday, and my legs and ass are sore from yesterday. I couldn't stay awake past 8:30pm last night, yet had a sh!tty sleep because of this sore throat i'm nursing.

Cardio was awful and uninspired today, but my weight workout was surprisingly intense. I think i'm going to take off from 2nd cardio today and rest up. Plus, tomorrow and Friday I don't have to get up early to go to the gym, so i'll catch up on some much needed rest. I'm just worried about next week!
    Yeah Bro. Def take it easy on the cardio right now. I made the mistake of pushing the cardio to hard when I was getting sick back when I started this thread and all I ended up doing was pushing it all down into my chest. Then I was really F'd for a few days. Don't do that to yourself. Just rest now for 2 days and recover then you wont be forced to rest for 5 days while your deathly ill!

Worried about next week?? What's next week? did I miss something in your thread? (all the b-day parties and such maybe?)

First6 is offline Member

Wink

Oh and one more thing. NO It doesnt make me feel better to hear your getting sick! I want you to meet your goals damn it!!

I meant worried in that this week i'll get 2 days rest, but next week is back to the drawing board.

BUT, as luck would have it, yes, I have a sh!t ton of stuff coming up that is going to screw me to some extent. I'll do the best I can.

Thursday - TG - not so bad, i'll just load up on turkey
    Friday - HS reunion - BAD. Definitely going to be drinking, not as worried about eating
    Sat - birthday party - hit or miss. Hopefully i'm too hung over to want to do anything, but I unfortunately HAVE to go

Following Sat - MY bday party

Following Friday - company Xmas party

I'm sure I missed something in there too. I can't even keep up with all this crap!

First6 is offline Member
    I meant worried in that this week i'll get 2 days rest, but next week is back to the drawing board.

BUT, as luck would have it, yes, I have a sh!t ton of stuff coming up that is going to screw me to some extent. I'll do the best I can.

Thursday - TG - not so bad, i'll just load up on turkey
    Friday - HS reunion - BAD. Definitely going to be drinking, not as worried about eating
    Sat - birthday party - hit or miss. Hopefully i'm too hung over to want to do anything, but I unfortunately HAVE to go

Following Sat - MY bday party

Following Friday - company Xmas party

I'm sure I missed something in there too. I can't even keep up with all this crap!
    LOL. Yeah that is a lot of stumbling blocks no doubt about it. Just focus on maintaining through it and then get back to making progress your focus after it is all over. You might actually benefit from running on maint for a while.

LOL. Yeah that is a lot of stumbling blocks no doubt about it. Just focus on maintaining through it and then get back to making progress your focus after it is all over. You might actually benefit from running on maint for a while.
    True about the overeating thing. I might actually stimulate some fat loss, and get some good refeeds in. With all the cardio i'm doing plus the deficit, i'm basically doing everything i'm preaching against lol. But I have a very stubborn body.

I'm not sweating all of this, just annoyed that I can't seem to get a fvcking straight month to focus. In hindsight, it was a bad idea to start this when I did and set the end of the year as my target date. With that, in my mind i'm not really counting this time (although i'm applying myself like it counts, don't get me wrong) - for me, Jan 1st. is when I can put the tunnel vision goggles on and REALLY nail it down. No interruptions for a while.

First6 is offline Member
    True about the overeating thing. I might actually stimulate some fat loss, and get some good refeeds in. With all the cardio i'm doing plus the deficit, i'm basically doing everything i'm preaching against lol. But I have a very stubborn body. LOL. yeah maybe a little. I thought the same thing about myself though when I saw the calories in calories out thread you started. I jsut didnt post because I didnt want to start a fire. Your statements are true BUT for me... I have tried those statements and they aren't good enough. It takes both the cardio and the deficit to get my body to budge.
    I'm not sweating all of this, just annoyed that I can't seem to get a fvcking straight month to focus. In hindsight, it was a bad idea to start this when I did and set the end of the year as my target date. With that, in my mind i'm not really counting this time (although i'm applying myself like it counts, don't get me wrong) - for me, Jan 1st. is when I can put the tunnel vision goggles on and REALLY nail it down. No interruptions for a while.
    Yeah I hear ya. BUT I don't think it was a bad idea to start when you did. Look at all the progress you made. Look at the change in your attitude both about life and yourself. Go back to 6 months ago and read your some of your posts. Hell pick any one of them. If you can swear that you are still that same guy I'll wear an "I'm and idiot" T-shirt for a week straight! You are SO much more positive. Happier. Self Assured. I could go on. You started to soon???? No Way Man. I like the new GB. You didn't start a single day to soon Bro. Don't sweat the next month. You think any one of us are gonna make huge strides over the holidays? No way. We are just treading water and trying get out of it alive. Just keep going. I am Loving watching you progress.

I must have missed this calorie in calorie out thread. **** I need more time in the day!

Yeah I hear ya. BUT I don't think it was a bad idea to start when you did. Look at all the progress you made. Look at the change in your attitude both about life and yourself. Go back to 6 months ago and read your some of your posts. Hell pick any one of them. If you can swear that you are still that same guy I'll wear an "I'm and idiot" T-shirt for a week straight! You are SO much more positive. Happier. Self Assured. I could go on. You started to soon???? No Way Man. I like the new GB. You didn't start a single day to soon Bro. Don't sweat the next month. You think any one of us are gonna make huge strides over the holidays? No way. We are just treading water and trying get out of it alive. Just keep going. I am Loving watching you progress.
    Thank you bro, I loved reading this. Great encouragement, as usual. And yes, that little article I wrote is general. There will always be cases where it doesn't apply, at least in its entirety.

Treading water... well put!

I must have missed this calorie in calorie out thread. **** I need more time in the day!
    lol I hear you bro!

First6 is offline Member
    Here ya go:
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...-But-not-quite...

First6 is offline Member
    With all you guys posting pics tomorrow AM I thought about doing it to but I am just going to stay on my plan.
    I am not going to worry about the holiday or anything else for that matter. Just keeping the same schedule. My diet will be the same on this thursday as it is any other day.
    So my pics will be up on Sat AM as usual. (I think I'm showing progress to!)

I hope this doesn't dissapoint.
    Last edited by First6; 11-24-2010 at 02:00 PM.

Nah bro, do whatever makes you comfortable.

Take all the time you want first, more time for us to be atop the sexiest avy leader board!

First6 is offline Member
    Take all the time you want first, more time for us to be atop the sexiest avy leader board!
    HaHa!

First6 is offline Member
    We had a last minute change of schedule. We are going to be away all day tomorrow.

Sooo that means I have to do pics today.

Stay tuned.

First6 is offline Member

PICS UPDATE and RECAP all in on post

Okay guys. Time for pics and an update.
    First let's recap.
    This is the base that I go off of:
    Workout:

Mondays Cardio & abs

Tuesdays Legs
    Lunges- 3 sets, 16 total steps - 8 with each foot
    Squats -4 sets, 8-12 reps
    Leg curls or Leg Extensions or Straight leg deadlift

Wednesdays Shoulders & calves
    Upright Row- 4 sets, 12-16 reps
    Arnold Press alternate Standing Military Press with Olympic Bar weekly -3 sets 8-12 reps
    Lateral Raise- 2 sets 8-12 reps, 1 drop set
    Calves

Thursdays Cardio & abs

Fridays Back
    Deadlift - 1 set for a good warmup, 4 sets (6-10 for 2), (8-12 for the other 2),
    Rows with Olympic Bar- 4 sets 6-10 reps (lean forward and stretch through your shoulder blades to big squeeze and contraction in lats and upper back)
    Pull ups- 3 weighted sets

Saturdays Chest (use dumbbells as much as possible)
    Flat bench - 3 sets 6-8 reps
    Decline Press with barbell or DB - 3 sets 8-12, big squeeze
    DB Flys - 3 sets 8-10 reps

Sundays Arms
    Standing curls -4 sets 8-12 reps
    flat bar curls -3 sets 8-12
    Dips - 4 weighted sets 8-12
    Skullcrushers - 3 sets 8-12
    DB Overhead press- 3 sets 8-12

Diet: (pro/carb/fat/cals)

wake up
    1 hour Fasted CARDIO (7 days)
    Morning meal:
    6oz chicken breast
    .25 cup dark red kidney beans
    1 cooked cup brown rice
    41.2/39.8/5.1/356.8

Morning snack:
    1 Tuna Patty
    1 can of tuna
    1 egg white
    .25 cup oats
    28.5/13.7/3.6/192

1 hour light cardio (4-5 days)
    Lunch:
    4oz chicken breast
    .25 cup dark red kidney beans
    1 cooked cup brown rice
    2 cups green veggies
    31.7/49.8/3.9/361.8

Afternoon snack: 1 Tuna Patty:
    1 can of tuna
    1 egg white
    .25 cup oats
    28.5/13.7/3.6/192

PRE WO:
    1 scoop whey
    .25 cup oats
    2 cups green veggies
    30.5/26.5/3.5/250

Workout: (5 days will be weights 2 days will be cardio)
    PWO: (Note – this will be approx 2.5-3 hrs before bed)
    1 scoop whey
    4oz chicken breast
    .5 cup oats
    54/30/7.5/375

Before bed:
    1 scoop ON Casein
    1tbsp natty pb
    29/8/6.5/204.5

All day I sip from a 50oz water bottle with 4 servings of benefiber:
    0/16/0/60

Exact Totals:
    Pro-243.3/Car-197.7/Fat-33.6/Cal-1992
    P47.1%/C38.26%/F14.65%

NOW THAT BEING SAID....
    For the last 7 days I have made a few changes due to being off TRT.
    Changes were:
    Deit:
    about the same.
    Workout:
    Focus was on cardio. Did some extra since being off TRT makes it easy to gain fat. On the weights - VERY light weight. Higher reps on everything. Just wanted to stimulate muscle but did not want to tear down anything that couldn't be rebuilt right now.

Lets throw up some BEFORE PICS shall we. (FROM 9.21.10)
    Hmm.. Not working... For now go to the first post on the thread until I figure it out.

Now the PICS FROM TODAY
    NOTE: the first, third, and fourth pics here are with nothing flexed. I know that is what Twist is looking for.
    Attachment 112619Attachment 112618Attachment 112617Attachment 112620
    Last edited by First6; 11-26-2010 at 01:21 PM.

First6 is offline Member

DAYUMMM!!!

You're getting lean bro - and defined. Look at the veins showing in the bicep pose - not only on the bicep, but on the delt of your left arm. Nice!!! Back double bi looks really good, also the front 'hulk pose' (don't know what else to call it - the one that looks like my avy).

Great job! So now you and TB have both impressed - and I won't be able to post this week. Thank GOD!

First6 is offline Member
    Hey Thanks Bro!
    Yeah I stole the Hulk pose from you! LOL (I have no idea how to take pics so I just steal other guys poses.)

First6 is offline Member
    Oh BTW
    I have not weighed in yet. I did not do it this morngin because I was not planning on having to post pics and update today.
    I will post a weight and bf update in the am if I have time.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information