Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    I wait all week for this shit. My clients weigh in on wednesdays. I'm glad that everyone doesn't weigh in on the same day lol. Gives me something to look forward to mid week.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    I wait all week for this shit. My clients weigh in on wednesdays. I'm glad that everyone doesn't weigh in on the same day lol. Gives me something to look forward to mid week.
    lol!

First6 is offline Member
    I am anxious to hit the week hard. I am 1% away from my goal! Hard to believe!
    I think I am going to have to keep going past 12% though. I don't think it will achieve the look I was going for.

yeah bro you can't stop, I won't let you haha. WTF would I do with myself?

First6 is offline Member
    yeah bro you can't stop, I won't let you haha. WTF would I do with myself?
    LOL Yeah you'd really be lost without me LOL

Hey don't forget though. When I'm lean it'd not over. Then we transition to growing! Can't wait for that!

I'll have those pics up this evening.

First6 is offline Member
    Okay here are the pics. Sorry it took me so long to post them up. I just had a lot of things to get done today since I was gone from home all week.
    I really think they look just like the last set but you guys can be the judge.

Attachment 112001Attachment 112002

LBSOMEIRON is offline Banned
    Congrats on the change. Although I'm a proponent of adding some muscle tone when dieting, you've still managed to get skinnier and drop some Bf.

Having said that, it's been about 5 weeks. I do believe you were closer to 18-20% when you started, I still think you are around 15-16% now. Call it a 4% drop, very nice.

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LBSOMEIRON View Post
    Congrats on the change. Although I'm a proponent of adding some muscle tone when dieting, you've still managed to get skinnier and drop some Bf.

Having said that, it's been about 5 weeks. I do believe you were closer to 18-20% when you started, I still think you are around 15-16% now. Call it a 4% drop, very nice.
    This^

You're insane if you think those pics look like the last set. I was actually scared to see your pics after you said that because i'm sitting here thinking 'hmm, how am I going to put it nicely without discouraging you that you haven't changed' - no need for me to do that. You're seriously leaning out bro!!! I'm jealous! I still look like a fat fvck around the mid section and you look like a lean guy! Congrats!

First6 is offline Member

Thanks LB. Yeah I think your right. I compared my pics to a body fat by pics web site and I seemed to me that I was around 14-15%. Let's call it 15 and be done with it. That being said. Maybe 12% will get me the look I am going for and I won't have to continue past to 11 or 10. So according to your perspective I am half way to my goal. Nice! I am ready for the second half! Let's get it on!

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    This^
    Thanks T

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    You're insane if you think those pics look like the last set. I was actually scared to see your pics after you said that because i'm sitting here thinking 'hmm, how am I going to put it nicely without discouraging you that you haven't changed' - no need for me to do that. You're seriously leaning out bro!!! I'm jealous! I still look like a fat fvck around the mid section and you look like a lean guy! Congrats!
    LOL. I never knew you cared so much! LOL. Thanks for the kind words Bro. Your super encouraging. BUT your way off about yourself. You know that right. You are def leaner than me. You are really looking good. Your still a huge part of my motivation Bro. Keep it going and keep ME going!

Yeah After some consideration I believe I am prob around 14-15% now. (Anyone can chime in here) That's cool though. I knew my electronic scale was not accurate anyway. 12% here I come!

Much better. Keep it going bro. You are definitely getting there. Hows this week been as far as cardio and such? Did we get a workout routine in yet? I forgot where we left off and barely have enough time to look at these pics (that I have been waiting all week for).

First6 is offline Member
    I just did several tries with the new BF calipers. IF i am doing it correctly I am at 15.2% right now.

Anyone strongly agree or disagree?

First6 is offline Member
    Much better. Keep it going bro. You are definitely getting there. Hows this week been as far as cardio and such? Did we get a workout routine in yet? I forgot where we left off and barely have enough time to look at these pics (that I have been waiting all week for).
    Yeah I'm getting there. This week was a REAL bad week. My worst by far. I worked REALLY long hours out of town and got only one cardio workout in each day. One day I got nothing in and one day I "fooled around" with some weights but it was not serious. Diet was pretty good though considering the circumstances.

No I don't have a routine nailed down yet. I am going to take the list that you gave me and put something together and post for comments. I will prob do this tomorrow. I am really anxious to have a good week and show results again!
    Last edited by First6; 10-31-2010 at 05:33 PM.

Some of your posts have been bothering me and I'm not one to pull punches. I think you're a good dude with good intentions, but maybe need to rethink your efforts.

This post is the straw. You surely have seen 'the biggest loser' right? They all gather around the scale each week and praise or cry...yes? Well, that maybe great for tour clients but not for bodybuilding and not for these dudes. Enough weigh ins for the love of god.

All three of these guys have made improvements and the scale should not be a factor. Zero zilch nada.

The other was the White rice comment which is totally off base. Sure brown may be healthier, but is just as good of a carb source and has roughly the same GI.

Ok. My quick rant. Sorry if it's sloppy. I'm the airport but you get my point.
    Last edited by LBSOMEIRON; 10-31-2010 at 05:59 PM.

First6 is offline Member
    Some of your posts have been bothering me and I'm not one to pull punches. I think you're a good dude with good intentions, but maybe need to rethink your efforts.

This post is the straw. You surely have seen 'the biggest loser' right? They all gather around the scale each week and praise or cry...yes? Well, that maybe great for tour clients but not for bodybuilding and not for
    I don't understand?

Lost signal.

My point was the weigh/in shit does nothing but crush your self esteem when it doesn't move. It has no business in w Bodybioling regimine. I think twist is confusing people he 'trains' to you guys who want to build a physique.

My coach has never once had me get on s scale. Not once.

First6 is offline Member
    Lost signal.

My point was the weigh/in shit does nothing but crush your self esteem when it doesn't move. It has no business in w Bodybioling regimine. I think twist is confusing people he 'trains' to you guys who want to build a physique.

My coach has never once had me get on s scale. Not once.
    Okay I get it. BUT. Right now my goal is not body building it is losing fat. I need to check myself regularly to see if what I am doing is working right?

This post is the straw. You surely have seen 'the biggest loser' right? They all gather around the scale each week and praise or cry...yes? Well, that maybe great for tour clients but not for bodybuilding and not for these dudes. Enough weigh ins for the love of god.

All three of these guys have made improvements and the scale should not be a factor. Zero zilch nada.

The other was the White rice comment which is totally off base. Sure brown may be healthier, but is just as good of a carb source and has roughly the same GI.

Ok. My quick rant. Sorry if it's sloppy. I'm the airport but you get my point.
    Glad you don't pull your punches around here, most people do and it makes a boring discussion.

White rice has the bran and germ removed and is further processed to get rid of more important nutrients. White rice has very little if any nutritional value. Peanut m&ms are low on the GI too... See below for info on germ and bran and processing of white rice.
    Bran = Rich in protein (incomplete), fiber, nutrients/vitamins/minerals, starch (starchy carb rather than sugar), and EFA.
    Germ = Good source of EFA, folic acid, zinc (immune system), magnesium, Vitamin A, and many other important nutrients (don't wanna list all). It is also a good source of fiber.
    Polishing = Removes all of the leftover nutrients that white rice has, gives it that nice shiny white look.

Need more proof that white rice sucks? ok.
    White rice has no nutritional value, and in the United States it is required by law that white rice be enriched with b vitamins and iron. A diet of white rice leaves people vulnerable to diseases caused from lacking vitamins. In fact, I would choose peanut m&ms over white rice...

Scale:
    A scale is a very important part of dieting and training. It really has nothing to do with weight loss either. A person can lose 10lbs on the scale, this tells me that they have been losing weight. Someone can lose 0 pounds on the scale, this tells me so much more (body is adapting, muscle is being added on, sweet spot is found, set point is created, etc etc). A scale is a great way to measure progress (not necessarily in pounds).

I agree 100% that a visual representation of the person is the best way to assess, but that is not realistic over the internet. If I take a pic of myself, post it on here, I will be 166 or so lbs, and pretty good looking as far as some muscle development and low bf etc. Now on that same day I can go to the gym, come home and take a pic and post it on here; suddenly I am 168-169 lbs, look like I'm 185lbs, muscles popping through my skin and veins all through my abs. Only because of a little bit of water, and muscle pumps. Now this is not to say a picture is worthless, because its far from it. I am just saying that scales and photos can be equally deceiving.

75% pictures
    20% scale
    5% bf measurement

I'm really not going to get into it. These studied are for the average sedatary person and these studies should not be used as a wholly Grail. Truth is, Ive used only white rice as a carb source and I'm pretty confident my physique is worth more than any study? Need more proof? Good Kai green or cutler's diet. I'll bet you find white rice.

Why? Because it's on par as a carb source ad brown rice. I'm nit talking nutritional value. I take a multi that compendates for that. I'm taking strictly carb source in terms of energy and the way it works with the body. You were the one that brought up GI index, which is completely nul in void. Means nothing when you incorporate protein and fat. GI index is completely outdated and irrelevant.
    If these guys want to use white rice over brown, they are justified in doing so. Proof is in the pictures.

As for the scale, it's as important as peanut m&ms. Zero %. Matter of fact , I'd take peanut m&ms over the scale.

Ps. The scale has done nothing but crush gb's self esteem and judging by his pics, it has no place as any tool in his regimine nor first's nor tb's. It's as much junk as the BMI.

Enough said:

Kai Greene's Diet 10 Weeks out:

1. 16 oz steak, 12 egg whites, quart of white rice
    2.2 chicken breasts, turkey burger, pint of white rice
    3. 16 oz salmon, 6 egg whites, large green salad
    4.16 oz steak, 2 sweet potatoes
    5. 16 oz salmon, 2 cups oatmeal with raisins, cup of corn
    6. shake 85 grams of protein, cup cashews or avocado
    7. 16 oz steak, 2 cups mixed vegetables

MUSCLECHEMISTRY SPONSORED COMPETITOR

www.nsupps.com/chris250

Supplementing Your LIFEstyle

2007 MR.IOWA AND MIDWEST OVERALL CHAMPION

Nutrition Comparison: Brown vs. White Rice

Brown rice and white rice have similar amounts of calories, carbohydrates, fat and protein. This is not surprising, since brown and white rice both start out as the same raw rice. The difference is purely in the degree of processing done. If the outermost layer of a grain of rice (the husk) is removed, the result is brown rice. If the husk and the bran layer underneath are removed, the result is white rice.

Several vitamins and dietary minerals are lost in this removal and the subsequent polishing process. A part of these missing nutrients, such as B1, B3, and iron are sometimes added back into the white rice making it "enriched", as food suppliers in the US are required to do by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

One mineral that is not added back into white rice is magnesium. Other key sources of nutrition lost are fatty acids and fiber. When the bran layer is removed to make white rice, the oil in the bran is also removed. A recent study has shown that rice bran oil may help lower LDL cholesterol.

Here is some data from www.nutritiondata.com comparing nutrition facts for 100g of cooked long-grain brown rice and 100g of cooked long-grain white rice:

Calories: Brown = 111, White = 130
    Glycemic Index: Brown = 55, White = 70
    Glycemic Load: Brown = 12, White = 18
    Amino Acid Score: Brown = 75, white = 71
    Protein: Brown = 2.6g, White = 2.7g
    Carbohydrate: Brown = 23.0g, White = 28.2g
    Total Fat: Brown = 0.9g, White = 0.3g
    Saturated Fat: Brown = 0.2g, White = 0.1g
    Monounsaturated Fat: Brown = 0.3g, White = 0.1g
    Polyunsaturated Fat: Brown = 0.3g, White = 0.1g
    Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Brown = 14.0mg, White = 13.0 mg
    Omega-6 Fatty Acids: Brown = 309mg, White = 62.0mg
    Dietary Fiber: Brown = 1.8g, White = 0.4g
    Thiamin (B1): Brown = 0.1mg, White = 0.2mg
    Riboflavin (B2): Brown = 0.0mg, White = 0.0mg
    Niacin (B3): Brown = 1.5mg, White = 1.5mg
    Vitamin B6: Brown = 0.1mg, White = 0.1mg
    Folate: Brown = 4.0mcg, White = 58.0mcg
    Vitamin E: Brown = 0.0mg, White = 0.0mg
    Magnesium: Brown = 43.0mg, White = 12.0mg
    Phosphorus: Brown = 83.0mg, White = 43.0mg
    Potassium: Brown = 43.0mg, White = 35.0mg
    Selenium: Brown = 9.8mcg, White = 7.5mcg
    Zinc: Brown = 0.6mg, White = 0.5mg

Bottom Line: What All This Means to Bodybuilders

Brown rice is a staple of many bodybuilders? diets for good reason; it is a minimally-processed whole-grain food that is an excellent source of complex carbohydrates and fiber, as well as essential fatty acids, protein, vitamins and minerals.

Some nutrition myths, advocated by food extremists and popular in bodybuilding circles, unfairly demonize white rice, implying that it should be avoided at all costs, the most extreme versions equating eating a bowl of white rice to eating a bowl of sugar.

White rice does lack some of the nutritional attributes of brown rice, but it is still a worthwhile source of complex carbohydrates which tastes better in many dishes.

Basic Preparation of Rice

Use 2 cups of water for each cup of white or brown rice, and salt to taste. Bring salted water to a boil, and stir in rice. Reduce heat to a minimal simmer, and cook tightly covered until all water has been absorbed into rice. Brown rice takes about 45 minutes, white rice takes less than half that time.

Use slightly more water for stickier rice. Use slightly less water for fluffier, separate rice in the American preferred style. It is possible to substitute a salted broth for the salted water for a different flavor.
    Rice may also be cooked using a steamer, or if added to a soup or stew, raw rice may simply be added and allowed to cook in the juices, provided allowance has been made for the amount of liquid it will absorb as it cooks.

Storage Info

Cooked Rice -- Refrigerate up to one week in a tightly covered container or in the freezer for up to six months.

Uncooked White, Parboiled and Precooked Rice -- Store in an airtight container for up to one year in a cool, dry place.

Uncooked Brown Rice -- Because of the oil content in the bran, which will eventually go rancid, uncooked brown rice has a shelf life of only about six months. Uncooked brown rice keeps best when refrigerated.

okay.... now where has all that testosterone gone??? Oh, there it is^^^^^^^

I'm just tired of hearing about brown rice. It tastes like piss and should bs taken off the shelves.

Let's be real for one minute. Kai's nutrionalist is one of the best in the freaking world and is paid a boat load to do one thing. Construct a diet for one of the best bbders in the world.

Do you think for one minute that if brown rice was in any way better than white, he wouldn't use it? Really...

End of message. Eat up.

Because it's on par as a carb source ad brown rice. I'm nit talking nutritional value. I take a multi that compendates for that. I'm taking strictly carb source in terms of energy and the way it works with the body. You were the one that brought up GI index, which is completely nul in void. Means nothing when you incorporate protein and fat. GI index is completely outdated and irrelevant.
    If these guys want to use white rice over brown, they are justified in doing so. Proof is in the pictures.

As for the scale, it's as important as peanut m&ms. Zero %. Matter of fact , I'd take peanut m&ms over the scale.
    You have your opinion and I have mine. I like using the scale. It takes 30 seconds and really isn't a big deal. Just because you don't use one doesn't mean that others shouldn't. I'm sure many other bbers on this site use a scale at one time or another. Maybe not every week, but I would bet you everyone owns one.

Ps. The scale has done nothing but crush gb's self esteem and judging by his pics, it has no place as any tool in his regimine nor first's nor tb's. It's as much junk as the BMI.
    This isn't even GB's thread. If GB, or anyone else for that matter, doesn't wanna use the scale, I am perfectly ok with that. No complaints from me. But until someone other than you complains about it, I recommend it because it is just one more tool for evaluation.

First6 is offline Member
    Well. I see the natives were restless last night.

Twist and LB - You both have differnet views on some things, that is clear. I gotta say - I respect and appreciate how you both discuss your views without arguing them. You both are stand up guys who take a firm stance on their view but don't feel the need to put someone else down for having theirs. I seriously admire that! You guys are top notch.

First6 is offline Member
    Twist - I told you I would prob put a workout together from your list today and post it. I am prob not going to get to it today. Some things came up this morning and now I have a full days work to get done in half a day I left to do it in.
    I'll get to it asap though.

Ok no problem bro.

First6 is offline Member
    Quick update for today.
    Diet stayed on track except I had to run to a job site in the middle of the day and I missed a meal. Had a small bag of peanuts to get me through.
    Mondays are a light workout day. I did my morning workout and my lunchtime cardio. Overall I am fine with how the day went. Looking forward to tomorrow when I will do my 3 sessions of cardio! It always feels good to get that huge calorie burn.

First6 is offline Member
    Quick update:
    I kinda feel like there is nothing to report. Everything has been on track.
    Diet: On track
    Workout: On track
    Nothing else really to say right now.

Man! Everyone has new Avy's now! I'm left out!

Quote Originally Posted by First6 View Post
    Quick update:
    I kinda feel like there is nothing to report. Everything has been on track.
    Diet: On track
    Workout: On track
    Nothing else really to say right now.

Man! Everyone has new Avy's now! I'm left out!
    No you're not. Stop being a puss and throw yours up there, regardless of how bad YOU think you look! Seeing it every time you post will motivate you to keep going. Plus, like I said (and everybody else as well) - you made definite and obvious improvements in your last set of pics, so throw one up and be proud!

No you're not. Stop being a puss and throw yours up there, regardless of how bad YOU think you look! Seeing it every time you post will motivate you to keep going. Plus, like I said (and everybody else as well) - you made definite and obvious improvements in your last set of pics, so throw one up and be proud!
    We are on your side, post you in your avy!

First6 is offline Member
    all right all right! There! Now leave me alone! LOL
    Yours all still look better though!

There ya go bro! Lookin good in the avy too... bicep and shoulder both poppin. I don't remember seeing this pic when you posted recently, is this brand new? This is a good shot bro.

First6 is offline Member
    There ya go bro! Lookin good in the avy too... bicep and shoulder both poppin. I don't remember seeing this pic when you posted recently, is this brand new? This is a good shot bro.
    Lol thanks. I don't like it but I prob never will lol.
    Nope that one is a few weeks old now. I may not have posted it I don't remember. I to tired to go check to! Lol

GOod job bro keep it going. Make sure you get a rest day in. And when are we gonna see a workout routine? Damn you and GB are lagging. I might have some time in between accounting assignments this weekend to write a whole program out for both of you guys.

You are doing real well man. Great dedication. You don't grow in the gym. When is next pics I think we need to modify diet and training to mass building while keeping cardio at this level. Not sure though I need current pics and training protocol.

First6 is offline Member
    GOod job bro keep it going. Make sure you get a rest day in. And when are we gonna see a workout routine? Damn you and GB are lagging. I might have some time in between accounting assignments this weekend to write a whole program out for both of you guys.

You are doing real well man. Great dedication. You don't grow in the gym. When is next pics I think we need to modify diet and training to mass building while keeping cardio at this level. Not sure though I need current pics and training protocol.
    Thanks Twist. Yeah I will get a rest day this weekend. I don't like it though. lol. I know! I am slacking big time with not getting that routine together. It hurt my workouts to. I have been doing mostly cardio and have not been doing much weights at all. I have just been so busy this week I have not had time to look at it.
    Next pics will be next weekend. Tomorrow is weigh in day though. Just weight and bf with no pics. Yeah modifying is fine if you think it is time. Just remember my first goal is fat loss to get lean. As long as I am doing that I will be a happy camper. Don't get me wrong, growing is a huge priority but fat loss is still first. Until I grow I will just have to keep stealing your avy's and using them as my own. lol

Quote Originally Posted by First6 View Post
    Thanks Twist. Yeah I will get a rest day this weekend. I don't like it though. lol. I know! I am slacking big time with not getting that routine together. It hurt my workouts to. I have been doing mostly cardio and have not been doing much weights at all. I have just been so busy this week I have not had time to look at it.
    Next pics will be next weekend. Tomorrow is weigh in day though. Just weight and bf with no pics. Yeah modifying is fine if you think it is time. Just remember my first goal is fat loss to get lean. As long as I am doing that I will be a happy camper. Don't get me wrong, growing is a huge priority but fat loss is still first. Until I grow I will just have to keep stealing your avy's and using them as my own. lol
    People in general can learn a lot from you. Keep it up bro, I'm waiting on your results for the week.

is this still your calorie breakdown?
    Approximate totals:
    1995/232/193/34
    P46%/C39%/F15%
    Did you add the 25g carbs?
    Last edited by Twist; 11-05-2010 at 09:23 PM.

First6 is offline Member
    People in general can learn a lot from you. Keep it up bro, I'm waiting on your results for the week.

is this still your calorie breakdown?
    Approximate totals:
    1995/232/193/34
    P46%/C39%/F15%
    Did you add the 25g carbs?
    Really? Nice of you to say that. Not sure what anyone would learn from ME though.
    Yeah you got it. And yeah I added the carbs. ( in the am)
    It fluctuates a little by the day but for the most part I hit those macros.

Sick bro. Whats your equipment list again?

You have a flat bar and a bench press now right? Can you do squats?

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information