Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast
    Kawigirl is offline Knowledgeable~Female Member
    Props to you First6! Should be proud!!!!

First6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawigirl View Post
    Thanks kawigirl. I appreciate it.
    Is that you in your avy? You look great! Very impressive. Keep up the great work!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by First6 View Post
    Since all my pics from the thread are gone I thought I would post a quick refresher.

When I started: (this is when mg1228 got a hold of me)
    Attachment 113379Attachment 113380Attachment 113381Attachment 113382
    Dude, this is AMAZING progress. I don't think I've ever seen these pics! I'm that much more impressed with you now! How long did it take to go from this to where you are today?

Speaking of MG1228 - he came back for about 3 days and is now gone again... wtf??

I'm hijacking your thread for a minute to yell at Kawigirl for never visiting or at least commenting in MY thread! Pffft!! Lmao!

First6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Dude, this is AMAZING progress. I don't think I've ever seen these pics! I'm that much more impressed with you now! How long did it take to go from this to where you are today?
    Hey Thanks Bro! No you never saw that first set. I think I was around 180 or so in those. (remember my highest was about 210 though - Just never found the board until I had already dropped 30 lbs) MG really got me on the right track and with my diet. I always had the will to make the change but never had the tools. MG gave me the tools. Then I hit a wall and needed help again. That is when I really started looking around the board for guys I could relate to and trust. (MG was busy with life and off the board for a while) That is when I found you and Twist. Not sure on the time frame as my progress before hooking up with you guys was VERY roller coaster. I started maybe a year before starting this thread?? I think???? BUT as you know my struggle with weight has been life long. I lived my whole life over 30%bf since very very young.

Speaking of MG1228 - he came back for about 3 days and is now gone again... wtf?? Hey Life take us all away from stuff sometimes. Last he said though he is Strongly down the road to regaining the stats he wants. I'm sure he is just busy.

I'm hijacking your thread for a minute to yell at Kawigirl for never visiting or at least commenting in MY thread! Pffft!! Lmao!
    The thing is she looked at your thread but after seeing mine she forgot ALL about YOU! LOL (I kid)

First6 is offline Member

For twist

Twist let's work from this for my new diet and workout routine. It is the most recent diet I stuck to before the holidays.
    Do what you will with me and lets get to work!

First - Here are 2 things you wanted to change but I never did it because of the work travel and holiday nonsense that knocked me half off the wagon.
    1. up your cals by 15g protein and 15g carbs. Spread it out evenly and fat should come up because most likely there will be some fat in your protein.
    2. Add .5g omega 3s in preworkout meal

Let me know if we still want to do this.

Workout:

Mondays Cardio & abs

Tuesdays Legs
    Lunges- 3 sets, 16 total steps - 8 with each foot
    Squats -4 sets, 8-12 reps
    Leg curls or Leg Extensions or Straight leg deadlift

Wednesdays Shoulders & calves
    Upright Row- 4 sets, 12-16 reps
    Arnold Press alternate Standing Military Press with Olympic Bar weekly -3 sets 8-12 reps
    Lateral Raise- 2 sets 8-12 reps, 1 drop set
    Calves

Thursdays Cardio & abs

Fridays Back
    Deadlift - 1 set for a good warmup, 4 sets (6-10 for 2), (8-12 for the other 2),
    Rows with Olympic Bar- 4 sets 6-10 reps (lean forward and stretch through your shoulder blades to big squeeze and contraction in lats and upper back)
    Pull ups- 3 weighted sets

Saturdays Chest (use dumbbells as much as possible)
    Flat bench - 3 sets 6-8 reps
    Decline Press with barbell or DB - 3 sets 8-12, big squeeze
    DB Flys incline - 3 sets 8-10 reps

Sundays Arms
    Standing curls -4 sets 8-12 reps
    flat bar curls -3 sets 8-12
    Dips - 4 weighted sets 8-12
    Skullcrushers - 3 sets 8-12
    DB Overhead press- 3 sets 8-12

Diet: (pro/carb/fat/cals)

wake up
    1 hour Fasted CARDIO (7 days)
    Morning meal:
    6oz chicken breast
    .25 cup dark red kidney beans
    1 cooked cup brown rice
    41.2/39.8/5.1/356.8

Morning snack: recipe for 1 Tuna Patty
    1 can of tuna
    1 egg white
    .25 cup oats
    28.5/13.7/3.6/192

1 hour light cardio (4-5 days)
    Lunch:
    4oz chicken breast
    1 cooked cup brown rice
    2 cups green veggies
    31.7/49.8/3.9/361.8

Afternoon snack: recipe for 1 Tuna Patty:
    1 can of tuna
    1 egg white
    .25 cup oats
    28.5/13.7/3.6/192

PRE WO:
    1 scoop whey
    .25 cup oats
    2 cups green veggies
    30.5/26.5/3.5/250

Workout: (5 days will be weights 2 days will be cardio)
    PWO: (Note – this will be approx 2.5-3 hrs before bed)
    1 scoop whey
    4oz chicken breast
    .5 cup oats
    54/30/7.5/375

Before bed:
    1 scoop ON Casein
    1tbsp natty pb
    29/8/6.5/204.5

All day I sip from a 50oz water bottle with 4 servings of benefiber:
    0/16/0/60

Exact Totals:
    Pro-243.3/Car-197.7/Fat-33.6/Cal-1992
    P47.1%/C38.26%/F14.65%
    Last edited by First6; 01-07-2011 at 10:24 PM.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Bro I can't wait to come back from my event tonight and do this tomorrow. But in the meantime what is your equipment list? anything you cannot do?

First6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    Bro I can't wait to come back from my event tonight and do this tomorrow. But in the meantime what is your equipment list? anything you cannot do?
    Did you see the pics on the previous page?
    To be honest I cant wait either. I am anxious to get to work.
    I have:
    Dumbells up to 45's
    Fully adjustable bench with leg attachment
    Olympic bar and 255 lbs of plates
    1" ez bar with 155lbs of plates
    Preacher station
    Squat station
    Pull up station
    Multiple medicine balls of various weights
    Treadmill
    Motivation busting at the seams

He!! No Man. Nothing I can't do! You say do it and I will find a way. Yesterday, today, and tomorrow Bro!

First6 is offline Member
    Twist-got your pm.
    It's done.

Twist-got your pm.
    It's done.
    Replied.

I want you to change #1 to up your calories by 20g carbs and 20g protein. Fat should come up and also add the .5g of fish oil preworkout.

You have come a really long way bro. Great job. Your coming along very nicely. Without the set backs you would be even farther. We are killing this right now. Great job man. Perfect dedication level.

First6 is offline Member
    Replied.

I want you to change #1 to up your calories by 20g carbs and 20g protein. Fat should come up and also add the .5g of fish oil preworkout.

You have come a really long way bro. Great job. Your coming along very nicely. Without the set backs you would be even farther. We are killing this right now. Great job man. Perfect dedication level.
    Okay no prob.
    I need to organize some thoughts and then I will return you email.

First6 is offline Member
    All,
    Twist an I are conversing over my workout off the thread. I am going to keep his workout advise off the thread during the transformation contest out of respect for him.
    I will still be posting all my updates and pics etc... right here though so stay tuned.
    You are going to see some big changes coming!

First6 is offline Member
    All,
    Twist an I are conversing over my workout off the thread. I am going to keep his workout advise off the thread during the transformation contest out of respect for him. After the contest is over I will be happy to reveal the workout I was doing.
    I will still be posting all my updates and pics etc... right here though so stay tuned.
    You are going to see some big changes coming!

First6 is offline Member
    Been wanting to post an update but I really dont have much to say.
    Just doing my thing.
    Still on track.

Good stuff bro I am still following eagerly.

Me too =)

First6 is offline Member
    Thanks guys.
    I didnt really have anything to say but didnt want you to think I was just slackin.
    I'm goin strong.

First6 is offline Member
    I haven't been "talking" much. Just doing my thing. But I just wanted to post this up:
    I think I am finally back to about where I was before the holidays. Amazing how long it takes to undo what is so easy to do. But I just realized last night that I made it WAY harder on myself than it had to be. I was really thinking about things last night because it seems like for the last little while I have been progressing slower than I am used to. My diet and workout are different so I wanted to give it some time. But last night I had to draw the line so to speak. Something was not right!
    I looked over all my "stuff" and finally realized that I had my diet macros wrong. Wrong by a lot! I have been eating around 300 cals to high for the last few weeks! No wonder my cardio seems to be in vain!
    Look out for those type o's guys and gals! They can be killer! Double check all your stuff!

Oh and by the way.... My schedule has finally smoothed out... I am planning on being back to posting pics this sat. (pics every sat)

Glad to see u around brotha. I've been somewhat absent as well, working win my trainees.

SO TRUE, your statement about undoing what was so easy to do. I have not been focused lately. Workouts are good (although suffering through multiple injuries) but diet has slipped slot again, specifically on weekends (always my problem).

VERY EASY to f up macros!!!

Glad your back on track bro. Looking forward to seeing your pics. I will not be doing weekly at all. Overkill IMO. I'll be updating monthly.

First6 is offline Member
    [QUOTE=gbrice75;5494241]Glad to see u around brotha. I've been somewhat absent as well, working win my trainees.

Yeah I guessed so. To be honest that is one HUGE problem I have with the "challenge". Everyone is so focused on it that it seems like everything else fell to the wayside. Your off track. T is off track. WTF?? Am I going alone now?

SO TRUE, your statement about undoing what was so easy to do. I have not been focused lately. Workouts are good (although suffering through multiple injuries) but diet has slipped slot again, specifically on weekends (always my problem).

Weekends are the worst no doubt. Your out of your routine and all the good tasting stuff is all around you..... But Bro! You had that totally licked for a while! Whats up? Get back in it. Don't let me go this alone. Let's get our system of checks and balances back in place and meet our goals. It sure is a lot easier when someone is going the journey with you.

VERY EASY to f up macros!!!

Glad your back on track bro. Looking forward to seeing your pics. I will not be doing weekly at all. Overkill IMO. I'll be updating monthly.

Overkill. Depends on how you look at it. Posting pics every week to see results? Yeah that may be overkill. That is not why I want to do it. If you are doing pics every month I want you to "look me in the eye" and tell me that you will not slack off for a period after you post the pics. I know I always did. Your "goal" of looking good for pics is now another month away. You reason in your head that you have plenty of time to look good for the next set of pics and a few days of eating bad wont kill you. When you post pics every week that goal is always in front of your face. You wont alow NEAR as much slack. Which way do you think your gonna meet your goal for this spring/summer?[/QUOTE]

See bold
    I know I need all the encouragement and focus I can get. If it takes me overkilling the pics and updates then that is what I will have to do. I said at the beginning of this that I Will meet my goal and clear a path cause I'm comin.

You have been on this and at it since day 1 bro. Pics every week is not overkill. If you were a bodybuilder near your natural limit, then there would be no need for pics every week as there would be very very small changes. But since that is not the case then pics every week is a great idea. I can't wait to see the pics and I can't wait to make some diet and workout changes. Let's see what you got first!

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    I browsed most of what I've been missing, I know twist is tweaking your program offline and may have already addressed this, but your build could be dramatically fixed in short order by bigger upper/inner chest and shoulders, if you haven't received this advice yet, add reverse grip flat bench to your chest day, proper form for 4 sets of 8-12 reps, and add dumbbell shrugs to your shoulder day. Also describe how you are specifically performing the upright rows, because they should be making a much greater difference if performed properly.

I love you, I'm sorry I've been overly absent and I'll try to get back on track as well, it's been a horrible 4-6 weeks of non-dieting and poor lifting for me, but I'll post pics again and get after it hardcore.

Yeah I guessed so. To be honest that is one HUGE problem I have with the "challenge". Everyone is so focused on it that it seems like everything else fell to the wayside. Your off track. T is off track. WTF?? Am I going alone now?

Kind of. Working with the trainee's was ALOT tougher then I expected, at least in the beginning. It's gotten easier now that everybody has implemented the routines/diets - coming up with them for each individual took alot out of me. I had to put myself 2nd for a little bit. Not blaming them at all, it was my choice. But now I need to get back to taking care of myself, while monitoring them and adjusting when needed

Weekends are the worst no doubt. Your out of your routine and all the good tasting stuff is all around you..... But Bro! You had that totally licked for a while! Whats up? Get back in it. Don't let me go this alone. Let's get our system of checks and balances back in place and meet our goals. It sure is a lot easier when someone is going the journey with you.

I know. I have to be honest with you though, I don't like the way I was looking. I was doing WAY too much on too few calories. Live and learn. Remember a while back when those dudes in my gym commented that I looked thin, like an aids patient, etc? Well apparantly it wasnt just them. 2 weeks into bumping up calories, a girl in the gym told me I looked much better, and said that she didn't want to offend me at the time, but that I had looked 'tired'. I knew something was wrong - making that adjustment now. Just need to curb the binging/cheating, keep the calories higher, and i'll be in a good place.

Overkill. Depends on how you look at it. Posting pics every week to see results? Yeah that may be overkill. That is not why I want to do it. If you are doing pics every month I want you to "look me in the eye" and tell me that you will not slack off for a period after you post the pics. I know I always did. Your "goal" of looking good for pics is now another month away. You reason in your head that you have plenty of time to look good for the next set of pics and a few days of eating bad wont kill you. When you post pics every week that goal is always in front of your face. You wont alow NEAR as much slack. Which way do you think your gonna meet your goal for this spring/summer?
    Well, your logic is definitely on point. As something to keep me in line, pics every week is VERY beneficial. Strictly speaking in regards to seeing changes, I respectfully disagree with Twist and think 2 weeks would be my max. I'll likely update every 2 weeks once i'm back on track 100%. Right now, it's just not worth it - there's nothing to see, unless you're interested in seeing a bloated water filled animal, lol!

See bold
    I know I need all the encouragement and focus I can get. If it takes me overkilling the pics and updates then that is what I will have to do. I said at the beginning of this that I Will meet my goal and clear a path cause I'm comin.
    I love your drive bro, you will continue to motivate me!

You have been on this and at it since day 1 bro. Pics every week is not overkill. If you were a bodybuilder near your natural limit, then there would be no need for pics every week as there would be very very small changes. But since that is not the case then pics every week is a great idea. I can't wait to see the pics and I can't wait to make some diet and workout changes. Let's see what you got first!
    Twist abandoned me, that's why i'm failing. =(

Lmao, you know i'm kidding bro, i'd never blame you or anybody else for my poor choices. You're right - I know what I need to do, it's just a matter of pulling my head out of my ass and DOING IT.[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    I browsed most of what I've been missing, I know twist is tweaking your program offline and may have already addressed this, but your build could be dramatically fixed in short order by bigger upper/inner chest and shoulders, if you haven't received this advice yet, add reverse grip flat bench to your chest day, proper form for 4 sets of 8-12 reps, and add dumbbell shrugs to your shoulder day. Also describe how you are specifically performing the upright rows, because they should be making a much greater difference if performed properly.

I love you, I'm sorry I've been overly absent and I'll try to get back on track as well, it's been a horrible 4-6 weeks of non-dieting and poor lifting for me, but I'll post pics again and get after it hardcore.
    TB, you're not alone brotha. I never fully recovered after the holidays, weekends have been terrible for me lately. We will pick ourselves up together. You must admit it's getting easier to work with the trainee's now, right? At least we have time to post on the forum again!

First6 is offline Member
    Let's see what you got first!
    Let's rock this out! Time for big change!
    I probably want to keep thing the way they are for at least 2 weeks if that is cool with you (but your the boss) I have not been dedicated to the lifting and have been more focused on cardio to drop holiday fat gain, so I want to give the workout routine a fair run. Diet is readjusted for proper macros now and I should be gtg.

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    I'll post pics again and get after it hardcore.
    [QUOTE=gbrice75;5495923]I love your drive bro, you will continue to motivate me!QUOTE]

I will respond to both GB and T together since I want to say the same thing to both.
    I am SO GLAD to hear that you are going to get back in stride. 2 reasons:
    1. I need my gang. lol
    2. the real reason - you guys are my freinds. I love that you are so giving but I get upset when I see you cutting yourselves short and missing out on your own goals.

Specifically to GB - I hear ya about the comments at the gym and the cals. (You were bigger than me and you were eating less cals than me when you got those comments!!!)
    I KNEW that it bothered you more than you let on. It would me to. That's cool bro. You know what to do
    Last edited by First6; 01-21-2011 at 09:33 AM.

You two need to hug it out....lol

xox

Let's rock this out! Time for big change!
    I probably want to keep thing the way they are for at least 2 weeks if that is cool with you (but your the boss) I have not been dedicated to the lifting and have been more focused on cardio to drop holiday fat gain, so I want to give the workout routine a fair run. Diet is readjusted for proper macros now and I should be gtg.
    Yeah bro that's cool with me. We gave you a new workout routine not too long ago though right?

pics

First6 is offline Member
    You two need to hug it out....lol

xox
    Lol. Come here big boy. Lol

First6 is offline Member
    Yeah bro that's cool with me. We gave you a new workout routine not too long ago though right?
    cool. Yeah you emailed me one and then we tweaked it for me. That's the one I was talking about that I have not gve a fair run yet. I will be starting it on this Mon.

First6 is offline Member
    Okay guys and gals.
    Pics were snapped this morning. I will edit and post later today. (as soon as I find some pics of someone elses body to Photoshop in)

I def lost some muscle no doubt. But I am really not worried about it right now. I just wanted to get my bf back to where it was before the holidays. I will get the muscle back (and go beyond) easy when the workouts resume.
    Right now I think I am in a good starting place again. Still need to trim some bf but Way better than 2-3 weeks ago.

First6 is offline Member

Udate with Pics

Okay. Well it is time to officially start the updates again.

Current stats:
    5'8"
    160.0lbs

wake up
    1 hour Fasted CARDIO (7 days)
    Morning meal:
    6oz chicken breast
    1 cooked cup brown rice
    41.2/39.8/5.1/356.8

Morning snack: recipe for 1.5 tuna patties (I make 3 of these for the day eat 1.5 for morning snack and 1.5 for afternoon snack)
    1.5 can of tuna
    1.5 egg white
    .38 cup oats
    42.75/20.55/5.4/288

1 hour light cardio (4-5 days)
    Lunch:
    4oz chicken breast
    1 cooked cup brown rice
    2 cups green veggies
    31.7/49.8/3.9/361.8

Afternoon snack: recipe for 1.5 Tuna Patty:
    1.5 can of tuna
    1.5 egg white
    .38 cup oats
    42.75/20.55/5.4/288

PRE WO:
    1 fish oil caplet
    1 scoop whey
    .25 cup oats
    2 cups green veggies
    30.5/26.5/4.5/260

1 scoop whey
    4oz chicken breast
    .5 cup oats
    54/30/7.5/375

Before bed:
    1 scoop ON Casein
    1tbsp natty pb
    29/8/6.5/204.5

0/16/0/60

Exact Totals:
    Pro-271.9/Car-211.2/Fat-38.3/Cal-2194.1
    P 52.1%/C 40.6%/F 7.3%

I AM GETTING SERIOUSLY PISSED OFF AT THIS WEBSITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I CANT UPLOAD PICS AGAIN
    WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will look at it again tomorrow right now i need to just walk away
    Last edited by First6; 01-22-2011 at 07:01 PM.

waiting...

First6 is offline Member
    Tried from both pc's at home and now from the one here @ the office.
    I can not post pics.

I am going to try to contact admin today.

Twist - For the time being I will send the pics to your personal email

Sorry First6...(highjackin)...men can be babies sometimes....sooo sensitive gbrice...lol

Comment completed in your thread! I can spice it up some more if need....lol

First6 is offline Member
    Sorry First6...(highjackin)...men can be babies sometimes....sooo sensitive gbrice...lol

I'll take the bump! LOL
    GB-Quit your fusin. Its unbecoming! lol

Unbecoming? lmao....

Got the email and your pics are looking seriously better bro. Let's up your cals by another 200cals. Focus on upping chicken and carbs. I wanna make no chicken meal less than 8oz of chicken. Last meal of the day HAS TO BE REAL FOOD. You don't have any real meals past your afternoon snack. Make all tuna cans 2 cans and up your oats to half a cup each. Also add in some more rice. Maybe half a cup or .25 a cup more per meal. Let me know how that brings up your calories and we will go from there. Keep workout and cardio the same since last update.

First6 is offline Member
    Got the email and your pics are looking seriously better bro. Let's up your cals by another 200cals. Focus on upping chicken and carbs. I wanna make no chicken meal less than 8oz of chicken. Last meal of the day HAS TO BE REAL FOOD. You don't have any real meals past your afternoon snack. Make all tuna cans 2 cans and up your oats to half a cup each. Also add in some more rice. Maybe half a cup or .25 a cup more per meal. Let me know how that brings up your calories and we will go from there. Keep workout and cardio the same since last update.
    ANOTHER 200 cals. He!! yeah. I'm all for it. You are determined to get me to drop that casein shake at bed time arent you! Well I held on to the bitter end (gotta give me credit) but I guess I will fall in line now. Out with the old in with the new. But I did looooove that bedtime shake.

Okay I will revamp the diet and re post. I think all those changes will add more than 200 cals but we will see.

First6 is offline Member
    Update for today.
    Diet stayed on track 100%
    Fasted cardio in the am was average. I was a little out of it mentally.
    Workout tonight (legs) was seriously crazy. I lifted HEAVY and stayed true to the form, reps, and breaks. My a$$ is killing me and my legs are all kinds of wobbly. lol
    I def killed it!

LoL, saw this AFTER seeing your post in my thread - now your comment makes even more sense!

First6 is offline Member

Diet Update - Need Help

I am upping cals in my diet again. Goal is about 2400 cals

This is a revised diet update. I have a few problems that I could use some help with sorting out.
    1. I need a good bed time meal. I need to lose the shake and make it real food.
    2. I am about 70 cals OVER my goal for the day.

Thanks!

wake up
    30-45 min Fasted CARDIO (7 days)
    Morning meal:
    8oz chicken breast
    1 cooked cup brown rice
    1 fish oil caplet
    53.5/42/7.5/435

Morning snack: recipe for tuna patty
    2 cans of tuna
    2 egg whites
    .5 cup oats
    57/27.5/7.1/384

Pre lunch walk 45min (4-5 days)
    Lunch:
    8oz chicken breast
    1 cooked cup brown rice
    1 bag steamed veggies
    57.5/58/6.5/525

PRE WO: recipe for tuna patty
    2 cans of tuna
    2 egg whites
    .5 cup oats
    also 1 fish oil caplet
    57/27.5/8.1/394

8oz chicken breast
    1 cooked cup brown rice
    1 bag steamed veggies
    54/49/6/470

Before bed: Need real food advise here
    1 scoop ON Casein
    1tbsp natty pb
    29/8/6.5/204.5

0/16/0/60

Exact Totals:
    Pro-308.0/Car-228.0/Fat-41.7/Cal-2472