Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415
    First6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SergeantCarbs View Post
    Im still following your progress with interest buddy.
    So do tell about the changes in diet/exercise, what were the results of the changes
    Alright cool.
    I'll give you a few details.
    Workout:
    I tried really focusing on negatives. Although I found it to be different and I got a decent pump from it I found it really easy to slack off and lose good form. i really had to focus on each rep and I ended up just not liking it. Plus it is really hard to do properly by yourself in my opinion. Recently I went to slow lifting. I love it so far. I am doing all my reps 3-5 seconds up and 3-5 seconds down (depends on the excersize) It allows me to still focus on the negative movement but for some reason it is just MUCH easier to keep perfect form. I am getting a crazy good pump from it. Muscles feel like they are going to split open. I have not been doing it long but I can def tell I will grow off of it.
    Diet:
    I took my cals up and up and up just to see how much I could eat before I stoped losing fat. Problem was I made a few workout changes during this time and was inconsistant. So the fat come on much faster than I had anticipated. Can't even put into words how fast I gained the fat. It was almost like overnight! (but then again my body truly is one that wants to retain fat) At that time I was taking in about 2600 sometimes 2800 cals a day. I changed things up to cut the fat again and ended up with a lot of black and pinto beans in the diet. It was great but eventually i did develop a problem with bloat. Just felt uncomfortable all the time. Had a problem with gas now and then to.... a nice bonus. With the cals backed off to 2100 and the cardio back up (and an epic cheat day once a week) I dropped the newly gained fat fairly easily. So now I was back where I started almost a month later.
    Then almost by accident I found myself doing something I always said I would never do. I developed a very low carb diet (about 40g of carbs /day-only from veggies and a couple from a shake) and jumped in with both feet. No idea why I did it. I have never been a fan. It just kind of happened. This was a week ago and I feel great. It is strange though... I have never been in a situation like this. I CANT eat enough! I am trying to eat 2400cals a day but on my best day I only got down 2200. I feel full all the time. Must be all the protien lol. (when I had carbs in the diet eating 2400 a day still left me hungry, sometimes very hungry)
    Still doing the cheat day. It works for me. I make myself so sick on junk food (NOTHING is off limits) that for the next 6 days staying 100% on diet is not only easy it is mentally what I WANT. The junk food in the cuboard is the last thing I think about.
    Last edited by First6; 03-02-2011 at 12:46 PM.

First6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Yes, don't tease us with that! Give the goods!
    HaHa.. okay okay....see above

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    You aren't hungry because you are lacking the insulin spike you get from carbs. It's not necessarily a good thing though. I would not suggest staying low carb for long if muscle gain is your prime interest. I don't know what you look like anymore though so hopefully you didn't gain too much fat. Email me some pics bro.

Overall I am happy to say that your diet knowledge is impressive. You seem to be figuring out how your body works and that is a benefit that is unmeasurable.

First6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    You aren't hungry because you are lacking the insulin spike you get from carbs. It's not necessarily a good thing though. I would not suggest staying low carb for long if muscle gain is your prime interest. I don't know what you look like anymore though so hopefully you didn't gain too much fat. Email me some pics bro.

Overall I am happy to say that your diet knowledge is impressive. You seem to be figuring out how your body works and that is a benefit that is unmeasurable.
    No I gained maybe 2% and it is already back off. I have less fat than last time you saw me. Less than in my AVY.
    My knowledge is coming along but i have a long way to go. That is why the experiments though. "knowing something" is garbage without being able to back it up with science or experience.

On the low carb - sending a pm

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    If you are lower bf than your avy just add carbs back in bro. No need to be low carb and low bf. I can send you some great workouts but Idk your equipment. Email me so I can send you the workouts.

First6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    If you are lower bf than your avy just add carbs back in bro. No need to be low carb and low bf. I can send you some great workouts but Idk your equipment. Email me so I can send you the workouts.
    Yeah I will (soon) I am not really doing it to lower fat. Although that will be a nice outcome if it happens. I am doing it as a knowledge builder and experiment on my own body.

I will try to make time to shoot a pic or 2 this weekend and send them to you. Maybe you can post them here for me to.

YEAH!! I would love to get some workouts from you! Sick Bro! thanks.

stay tuned for pm on the equipment........or on second thought maybe I will just post it here. I'll let ya know.
    Last edited by First6; 03-03-2011 at 02:59 PM.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415

Thread Information