Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast
    First6 is offline Member

Support my cutting goal Please.

I seriously need to change things up. I have stalled out with what I am doing and eating and need to figure out a way to make progress again. My biggest goal is to lower my BF. I have a personal goal of 12% that I will not stop until I hit. I got down to 13% a few months ago and couldn’t wait any longer to cycle so I ran my first cycle. Good results but gained a lot of fat again. Since the cycle is over I am losing muscle and keeping the fat. I’m getting really depressed over it. My genetics are def predispositoned to store fat. I have been fat all my adult life at around 35% or so. Got to about 20% 2 or so years ago and have been going up and down between about 16 and 20% ever since.

I really need some advise on diet (and workout) to help me meet my goals. I am setting a goal of 12%BF by spring. I need as much support as I can get from you guys and please help keep me accountable. I do not want to let myself (or you guys) down again.

Stats:
    37yrs
    5'8"
    167lbs
    BF Best guess 18-20%
    TDEE – Please tell me how to figure it out.
    Cycle experience: 1 really stupid cycle at age 22. My test got shut down and I am now TRT. One good cycle that ended 1 month ago. Good muscle building results but gained to much fat. Losing the muscle fast though.

I shot a few quick pics so you can see how much fat I gained.

The Current Cutting Diet: Just started this diet again about 2.5 weeks ago. Ready to change. Need to change.
    Totals:
    2149 cals/269 pro/189 carb/42 fat
    I will have to figure out the percentages and post them up. Can’t do it right now.
    (all totals are calories/protein/carbs/fats)

4:00am out of bed
    Meal 1:
    Shake-2 scoops whey and water /.5 cup oats plain with water/2000mg fish oil/beneficial fiber in shake
    442/57/39/8

Workout from 4:30 to 5:30
    Some days this is all cardio, some days it is all resistance. See workout routine.

Meal 2: PWO
    Shake-2 scoops whey and water/.5 cup oats plain with water/2000mg fish oil/beneficial fiber in shake
    442/57/39/8

6:30
    1 Hour drive to the office

8:00am at work
    Meal 3: 4 oz Tuna /.5 cup oats plain with water
    250/27/27/5

12:00pm at work
    Meal 4: 6oz Grilled chicken breast /.5 cup brown rice (1 cup cooked) with a little soy sauce
    315/37.5/34.0/5.3

3:00pm at work
    Meal 5: 4 oz tuna /.5 cup brown rice (1 cup cooked) with a little soy sauce
    250/25/34/3.5

5:00pm 1 Hour drive home

6:00pm at home
    Meal 6: 6oz Grilled chicken breast & 2 cups green vegetables
    225/36.5/8/3.8

10:00pm before hitting the sack
    Meal 7: ON Casein shake - 1 scoop w/ water / 1tbsp natty pb
    224.5/29/8/8.5

Workout Routine: IMPORTANT – Due to a long and boring story I can not afford to go to the gym anymore. I have been gone from the gym for 8 months. I work out at home with limited supplies. I have sets of dumbells up to 35lbs, ez bar, pull up bar, treadmill, and the floor. That’s about it for now. I am looking for a bench and heavier dumbells on craigslist and ebay etc.. I am not going to get back to the gym anytime soon. I do what I can. I actually do get a decent workout. I make every body part very sore!

This is the routine I have been doing for 8 months since leaving the gym. I workout every day and almost never miss it!:

Monday: Chest & Back -Broken into 2 sets of each and total of 1 hour
    120 Push ups
    20 Wide overhand pullups
    40 Military Push ups
    50 Chin ups
    80 Wide push ups
    30 close grip overhand pullups
    50 Decline push ups
    40 Close hands pushups (thumbs touch each other on floor)
    24 lawn mowers
    30 Seated back flys

Tuesday: Cardio Day – One hour on treadmill or with a DVD of Plyometrics, or Kenpo cardio, etc.

Wednesday: Bi’s, Tri’s, Shoulders – Broken into 2 sets of each and total of 1 hour
    Shoulder Press
    Front and side curls
    Kickbacks
    Swimmers Press
    Conc Curls
    Dips with a chair
    Upright rows
    Static arm curls
    Overhead tri extensions
    Lying tri extensions
    2 angle shoulder flys
    Preacher curls
    Front and side straight arm shoulder flys
    Wieghted circles out to the sides
    Front and back tri extensions
    Fly/Row Presses
    Cross body blows lying on floor

Thursday: Cardio Day – One hour on treadmill or with a DVD of Plyometrics, or Kenpo cardio, etc.

Friday: Legs and Back:
    40 chin ups
    20 Wide grip pull ups
    30 Close grip overhand pullups
    30 Switch grip pullups
    While holding dumbells:
    2 leg Squats
    Single leg squats
    Front, back, and side lunges
    A handfull of other leg stuff that I have no names for.

Saturday: Cardio Day – One hour on treadmill or with a DVD of Plyometrics, or Kenpo cardio, etc.

Sunday: Cardio Day – One hour on treadmill or with a DVD of Plyometrics, or Kenpo cardio, etc.

Thanks to all of you who I know will lend me your support. I CAN do this. I can and will hit 12%!
    Last edited by First6; 09-22-2010 at 11:31 AM.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    The diet looks like you've done some research. Whats your Maintenance calories at?

First6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    The diet looks like you've done some research. Whats your Maintenance calories at?
    Thanks. But I can't take all the credit. I had a LOT of help. (thanks mg1228)
    2400. But it is not based on much. I need help in the area of knowing what it should be. Also my tdee.
    Thanks for your support scotty!
    Last edited by First6; 09-21-2010 at 08:39 PM.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Google the formula for BMR then TDEE or you can find it in threads right here in the diet section with the search button. MG pointed you in the right direction. I'm betting your TDEE is a litte bit above that but you're going to be in calorie deficit which is ok but you gotta try to keep it close to maintenance level to avoid muscle loss

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Quote Originally Posted by First6 View Post
    I seriously need to change things up. I have stalled out with what I am doing and eating and need to figure out a way to make progress again. My biggest goal is to lower my BF. I have a personal goal of 12% that I will not stop until I hitgood, now I have a number. I got down to 13% a few months ago and couldn’t wait any longer to cycle so I ran my first cycle. Good results but gained a lot of fat againdoesn't sound like good results to me. Since the cycle is over I am losing muscle and keeping the fatthis is most likely due to the cycle itself. I’m getting really depressed over it. My genetics are def predispositoned to store fateveryones are, see "my body is a broke thermostat" I will right it after this. I have been fat all my adult life at around 35% or so. Got to about 20% 2 or so years ago and have been going up and down between about 16 and 20% ever since.

I really need some advise on diet (and workout) to help me meet my goals. I am setting a goal of 12%BF by spring. I need as much support as I can get from you guys and please help keep me accountable. I do not want to let myself (or you guys) down again.

Stats:
    37yrs
    I need height
    167lbs
    BF Best guess 18-20%
    TDEE – Please tell me how to figure it out.Don't worry about it
    Cycle experience: 1 really stupid cycle at age 22. My test got shut down and I am now TRT. One good cycle that ended 1 month ago. Good muscle building results but gained to much fat. Losing the muscle fast though.Wait, you are trt? this is gonna be easy...

I shot a few quick pics so you can see how much fat I gained.

The Current Cutting Diet: Just started this diet again about 2.5 weeks ago. Ready to change. Need to change.
    Totals:
    2149 cals/269 pro/189 carb/42 fat
    I will have to figure out the percentages and post them up. Can’t do it right now.
    2,210 cals 48%p/34%c/17%f
    you need to recheck your food and meal calories as there might be math errors. I don't wanna do it lol.

Meal 1:
    Shake-2 scoops whey and water /.5 cup oats plain with water/2000mg fish oil/beneficial fiber in shake
    442/57/39/8

Some days this is all cardio, some days it is all resistance. See workout routine.
    Then get ready for work

7:30am
    Meal 2:
    Shake-2 scoops whey and water/.5 cup oats plain with water/2000mg fish oil/beneficial fiber in shake
    442/57/39/8

250/27/27/5

Meal 4: 6oz Grilled chicken breast /.5 cup brown rice (1 cup cooked) with a little soy sauce
    315/37.5/34.0/5.3

250/25/34/3.5

225/36.5/8/3.8

224.5/29/8/8.5

Diet looks ok to me. NO need to go more into it with this stage of training. I need your height though for estimated calorie intake. 2210 sounds high.

Workout Routine: IMPORTANT – Due to a long and boring story I can not afford to go to the gym anymore. I have been gone from the gym for 8 months. I work out at home with limited supplies. I have sets of dumbells up to 35lbs, ez bar, pull up bar, treadmill, and the floor. That’s about it for now. I am looking for a bench and heavier dumbells on craigslist and ebay etc.. I am not going to get back to the gym anytime soon. I do what I can. I actually do get a decent workout. I make every body part very sore this might not be a good thing!
    If you workout at home, do every cardio day on an empty stomach.

This is the routine I have been doing for 8 months since leaving the gym. I workout every day and almost never miss it!:

Monday: Chest & Back -Broken into 2 sets of each and total of 1 hourI don't think I am clear on this... I am taking it you do 2 sets of each exercise?
    120 Push ups
    20 Wide overhand pullups no way you can do 20 pull ups. I can barely do 20 pullups
    40 Military Push ups
    50 Chin upsisnt this the same as an overhand pull up?
    80 Wide push ups
    30 close grip overhand pullups
    50 Decline push ups
    40 Close hands pushups (thumbs touch each other on floor)
    24 lawn mowers??
    30 Seated back flys
    Ok,
    1. You are doing way too much
    2. there is no method to your workout at all
    3. all of your exercises are the same
    4. I see 4 exercises split up by handgrip positions

Tuesday: Cardio Day – One hour on treadmill or with a DVD of Plyometrics, or Kenpo cardio, etc.interval train this day. Use that treadmill and do it on an empty stomach. I am not worried about preserving muscle as, no offense I hope, you have little. It is much easier to start with a clean slate.

Wednesday: Bi’s, Tri’s, Shoulders – Broken into 2 sets of each and total of 1 hour
    Shoulder Pressgood!
    Front and side curlswhats a side curl?
    Kickbacks
    Swimmers Press??
    Conc Curls??
    Dips with a chairgreat!
    Upright rows
    Static arm curls
    Overhead tri extensions
    Lying tri extensions
    2 angle shoulder flys
    Preacher curls
    Front and side straight arm shoulder flys
    Wieghted circles out to the sidesdrop this unless you need rotator work, in which case switch to another exercise.
    Front and back tri extensions
    Fly/Row Presses
    Cross body blows lying on floor??
    I guess I need to brush up on my exercise terminology lol. Anyway, I am guessing you are just listing all of the exercises that you can do. I will write more about this later.
    Thursday: Cardio Day – One hour on treadmill or with a DVD of Plyometrics, or Kenpo cardio, etc.same as earlier

Friday: Legs and Backagain?:
    40 chin upsno way
    20 Wide grip pull upswhats the difference?
    30 Close grip overhand pullups
    30 Switch grip pullups
    While holding dumbells:
    2 leg Squats
    Single leg squats
    Front, back, and side lunges
    A handfull of other leg stuff that I have no names for.I don't even know the names of this stuff lol

Saturday: Cardio Day – One hour on treadmill or with a DVD of Plyometrics, or Kenpo cardio, etc.same as above

Sunday: Cardio Day – One hour on treadmill or with a DVD of Plyometrics, or Kenpo cardio, etc.same as tuesday and every other cardio day

Thanks to all of you who I know will lend me your support. I CAN do this. I can and will hit 12%!
    1. I need your height to move on

Ok bro this is what you need to do. You need to pick a muscle and work it with an exercise that will use compound movements. As your weights are limited You are pretty much stuck with a workout that is higher reps. We can do it kinda like Gbrices, but I don't think you are a good candidate for it. But basically this is something like what you should do:
    monday: Chest and Biceps
    db flat bench (find a bench, use your bed, use 4 chairs idk, just do it. You can find a way) 35 lbs as many reps as you can do for 5 sets
    Dips, put weight on your lap and feet up on another chair so your legs are extended and nothing is touching the floor, 8-12 reps, 4 sets
    flat bar curls or preacher curls (if you only have a curl bar then use your weights and just don't rotate your grip. 4 sets of 7-10 reps
    standing arm curls 3 sets of 10 reps (10 means you cant do 12 btw)

tuesday cardio

wednesday back and triceps
    bent over rows 6 sets of 8-12 (standing)
    You need to deadlift, but since you don't have the equipment, do good mornings with great form, light weight, 20 reps 3 sets
    chin ups, as many sets as it takes you to do 20
    overhead db tricep extension, 4 sets of 8-12
    Kickbacks, 3 sets of 16 reps

thursday cardio

friday legs and shoulders
    military press, standing, 4 sets of heavy. If your weight doesn't let you go heavy, then do arnold presses standing.
    lateral raise, 3 sets of 8-12
    You should get a weight vest so You can use that and hold dbs to squat, but for the time being...
    stiff legged deadlift 4 sets of 12, if that is too easy, do 3 sets of 25.
    Squat, put a 35lb weight on each shoulder and do 4 sets of max reps, if you can do 25 then forget it.
    Lunge, hold the 35lbs and lunge deep for 4 sets of 16 steps with each foot.
    If you have stairs then carry your 35s up and down the stairs. In fact if you have stairs start with the heaviest weight and bring it to the top of the stairs and then leave it up there, run down and get the next heaviest weight and repeat until all your weight is at the top of the stairs. Then bring it all back down the same way.

saturday sunday cardio
    every other week take one day off at least.

I am gonna be honest with you, your workout is gonna suck without a trainer there to make it work right. However, I think you should just work on losing bf and then try and build up your muscle. Other members will have a better way of doing a workout routine but that is just a temporary one until someone comes up with better. It really sounds to me that your workout routine and cardio routine is lacking a lot of structure. I recommend getting a heart rate monitor so I can give you accurate advice on training zones. they are only like $25-60, and usually come with a lifetime warranty.

What is your trt regimen? Is your doc and endocrinologist? How long have you been on trt? I want doses days times etc. Bloodwork? cypionate ? I want to know this and your whole aas and trt story.

First6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    Google the formula for BMR then TDEE or you can find it in threads right here in the diet section with the search button. MG pointed you in the right direction. I'm betting your TDEE is a litte bit above that but you're going to be in calorie deficit which is ok but you gotta try to keep it close to maintenance level to avoid muscle loss
    Thanks scotty

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Sounds like Twist has you covered bro, and I don't want to step on any toes. If you have any specific questions that you think I can help with, feel free to address them here or pm me.

First6 is offline Member
    Okay. Mental note: Never accuse Twist of not being thorough!
    Wow Bro. Unbelievable. I can't express how much I appreciate the time you spent on me here. I won't let you down.

On the diet: I will recheck the food and macros and get back to you. I may have to do that tonight unless I can find all the food online today.

On the workout. Yeah I didn't make it clear enough. The thread is not letting me quote the whole section with your questions so I will do the best i can like this.
    Q: I am taking it you do 2 sets of each exercise? - Yes but the totals I listed are not each set.They are combined (2 ses) totals. So when I said 20 pullups. Yes I do 20 pullups BUT it is 2 sets of 10.
    Q: isnt this the same as an overhand pull up? - No. When I said pull up I meant overhand or palms away. When I said chin up I meant underhand or palms facing. Sorry.
    Q: lawnmowers? similar to bent over rows. pull the dumbell up and back like your starting a lawnmower.
    Q: what is a side curl? Same as a reg standing curl only instead of curling in front of your body you rotate your arms 90deg so you are holding them straight out from your sides. Curl up staying on that plane.
    Q:Swimmers Press? - Dumbells. Standign curl position. Curl up. rotate wrists to palm down and pull up to chin. rotate elbows down and press straight up over your head. Back down in opposite motion. (these are killer with the right wieght)
    Q:Conc curls? - Concentration curls.
    Q: Friday back again? Yes. It was a weak area and I started working it twice a week. I have become a pull up and chin up machine! lol
    Q: 40 chinups no way? - No I was unclear. It is 40 yes but it is 2 sets of 20
    Q:Wide grip pullups what is the difference? - With the overhand pullups I do 3 variations. Close grip where the thumbs touch each other on the bar. Standard grip with the hands at shoulder width and wide grip with the hands considerably wider than shoulder width apart.

Hopefully I didn't miss anything there.

Okay now for your comments.
    [QUOTE=Twist;5366282]1. I need your height to move on
    5'8"

Ok bro this is what you need to do. You need to pick a muscle and work it with an exercise that will use compound movements. As your weights are limited You are pretty much stuck with a workout that is higher reps. We can do it kinda like Gbrices, but I don't think you are a good candidate for it. I will follow what every you tell me to. but if you tell me what is ideal I will do my best to get what I need to do it. Short of going to the gym as I can not afford the monthly right now. (I had to have my Grandmother move in with us and she is really bad off. The bills are falling on my shoulders right now and it is taking more money than I have.) But basically this is something like what you should do:
    monday: Chest and Biceps I will have a bench and heavier dumbells soon. Meanwhile I will find a way.
    db flat bench (find a bench, use your bed, use 4 chairs idk, just do it. You can find a way) 35 lbs as many reps as you can do for 5 sets Go to failure on each set?
    Dips, put weight on your lap and feet up on another chair so your legs are extended and nothing is touching the floor, 8-12 reps, 4 sets Nice!
    flat bar curls or preacher curls (if you only have a curl bar then use your weights and just don't rotate your grip. 4 sets of 7-10 reps I have a way of doing preacher curls with the ez bar. Is this okay? I do not have a straight bar. NOTE: This is an area that concerns me a little. I did straight bar curls one time and had severe wrist and arm pain that lasted months. Please advise.
    standing arm curls 3 sets of 10 reps (10 means you cant do 12 btw) I get it

tuesday cardio

wednesday back and triceps
    bent over rows 6 sets of 8-12 (standing)
    You need to deadlift, but since you don't have the equipment, do good mornings with great form, light weight, 20 reps 3 sets Not sure what good mornings are. I will look it up.
    chin ups, as many sets as it takes you to do 20 This will be 1 set. should I stop there?
    overhead db tricep extension, 4 sets of 8-12
    Kickbacks, 3 sets of 16 reps

thursday cardio

friday legs and shoulders
    military press, standing, 4 sets of heavy. If your weight doesn't let you go heavy, then do arnold presses standing.
    lateral raise, 3 sets of 8-12
    You should get a weight vest so You can use that and hold dbs to squat, but for the time being... I will look for one
    stiff legged deadlift 4 sets of 12, if that is too easy, do 3 sets of 25.
    Squat, put a 35lb weight on each shoulder and do 4 sets of max reps, if you can do 25 then forget it. With 70lbs on my shoulders i bet i can't do 4 sets of 2 reps. seriously. I'll work on it and I will be doing them in no time.
    Lunge, hold the 35lbs and lunge deep for 4 sets of 16 steps with each foot. Doubt i can do even 2 of these with the 35's. Legs are a very week area for me. BUT you said do it so i will.
    If you have stairs then carry your 35s up and down the stairs. In fact if you have stairs start with the heaviest weight and bring it to the top of the stairs and then leave it up there, run down and get the next heaviest weight and repeat until all your weight is at the top of the stairs. Then bring it all back down the same way. Can I change my mind and we just act like I never asked for help? Okay. This is gonna hurt.

saturday sunday cardio
    every other week take one day off at least.

I am gonna be honest with you, your workout is gonna suck without a trainer there to make it work right. Sounds to me like I just found a trainer. However, I think you should just work on losing bf and then try and build up your muscle. Other members will have a better way of doing a workout routine but that is just a temporary one until someone comes up with better. It really sounds to me that your workout routine and cardio routine is lacking a lot of structure. I recommend getting a heart rate monitor so I can give you accurate advice on training zones. they are only like $25-60, and usually come with a lifetime warranty. I have one and use it regularly. Actually wearing it right now for my walk at lunch time. Speaking of which. There are 2 things I forgot about in my workout routine. 1. I do abs every weekday. 2. When I can I leave the office and hit the walking trail at lunch. It will probably only be 2 times week (depends on my schedule). It is 3.5 miles. Takes me 48-50 minutes and my heart rate average is 95. It is mostly flat but has 3 sections of hills. 2 sections are mild and one is a tough hill. I just started doing this. this is my second week. This is okay?

What is your trt regimen? 200mg EOW of Cyp. I pin on Friday nights anywhere between getting home from the office to going to bed. Is your doc and endocrinologist? No just a family doc. How long have you been on trt? 5 yrs but rarely did it regularly for the first 3 years. The last 2 years i pin regularly eow just like i am supposed to. I want doses days times etc. Bloodwork? Used to be every 6 months. now once a year. The doc never discusses it with me. I doubt he even looks at it. He acts like he doesn't care. cypionate ? Yup I want to know this and your whole aas and trt story.Not much of a story to tell. At around 25 I met a guy who ran cycles and looked good. So he talked me into trying a cycle. I had been in the gym for a few years and he said "everything would be fine". He got me a "first cycle" according to him. It was 6 weeks of test E 250mg per wk and nothing else. (thus my username so I never forget the mistake) I did nto know how to work or eat. So I gained only fat. a LOT of fat because all he told me was eat as much as you can all the time. Sometime after that It is fuzzy when it started but I started getting intense headaches. When I say intense I mean that one that I had lasted for about 9 months. Day and night. Yeah you read that right. The docs tried everything. I had all the tests and scans and experimental pills that you can think of. Finally I met a guy in the line at the grocery store and it was a long line a conversation started. I mentioned the lousy day I had and the headache i had all day and he told me about the headaches he used to get. Sounded just like mine so I asked how he fixed it and he told me his Doc told him he had low test. He went trt and no more headaches. I demanded to be tested and my results came back at 128. I went trt and the headaches stopped. I used to only pin when the pain started but now I do it eow just like I am supposed to. I rarely get a headache anymore and if I do it is a normal one. Recently I ran my first blast cycle. 12 weeks of 500mg Cyp wk split into 2 pins /wk and .25 of L-Dex eod. I noticed a lot of strengh increase but started gaining fat to. Now, 1 month after the end of it I am losing the strengh fast and keeping the fat. Exactly what I feared most.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by First6; 09-22-2010 at 08:11 AM.

First6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Sounds like Twist has you covered bro, and I don't want to step on any toes. If you have any specific questions that you think I can help with, feel free to address them here or pm me.
    Yeah Twist is awesome. Sooo thankful

Oh I will. For now I just want to know that I have your support! I'll need it!

Yeah Twist is awesome. Sooo thankful

Oh I will. For now I just want to know that I have your support! I'll need it!
    You got it brotha, 110%!

First6 is offline Member
    Twist - As you requested I double checked the foods and numbers.
    I did make a couple mistakes. After a double check here it is:

Totals:
    2175 cals/269 pro/185 carb/42 fat
    P-49% C-34% F-17%

Meal 1:
    465/57/37/9

465/57/37/9

250/27/27/5

315/37.5/34.0/5.3

250/25/34/3.5

225/36.5/8/3.8

204.5/29/8/6.5

So that is what I am doing now. I would like to change it up though.

GB: not stepping on any toes jump in please. I got nothing with this workout at home thing. sos sos

First6:
    37yrs
    5'8"
    167lbs
    BF Best guess 18-20%

So at a 10%bf you are gonna be 150lbs. This sounds about right. If I am going off of this, I would say you should eat about 1,900 calories for a cut. So on your non workout days (rest days) eat 1,800 cals and on your workout days eat 2k.

Ok let me explain something to you. the workout I posted will get you by. But you need to lift heavy ass weight in a way that recruits multiple muscles. I mean squat, deadlift, lunge, military press, bench, flip tires, throw things, climb over shit IDK.

Heart rate: 220 - your age is your max heart rate
    You want to be training like this 5 minute warmup, 3 minutes 65-70%mhr, 2 minutes building up to high intensity, and 1 minute at 85%mhr or higher, back down to three minutes low intensity repeat; 5-10 minute cool down.

Lunchtime Walks: walking is great, the more the better.

ABS: don't work them everyday. 2 times per week on cardio days only

TRT: dude get a new doc, I am prescribed 200mgs every week. injecting everything eow will create terribly unstable blood levels and result in rebounds for estrogen and all other kinds of shit. Listen take that 200mgs eow and start injecting 50mgs 2x per week. Ask your doc to up the dosage to 200mgs every week and if he wont then get a new doc and fake the blood work by injecting less so they write a higher script. That method you are using is never gonna work for gaining anything but fat. save up some testosterone , unless you have a hook that will just let you buy more, and start injecting 200mgs every week. This will help things along very well and when you lower the test back down to stable blood levels for you (which might actually be 200mgs for all we know), you will easily keep gains and no pct is necessary. But seriously start injecting 2x per week now.

Diet: you said you want to change it up and that is perfectly ok with me. Just don't go above 2,100 cals ever. use foods that fit in my motto, "if you can hunt it, pick it, or grow it, then you can eat it." Meaning veggies fruits rice chicken breast etc. you can't pick bread, waffles deep fried anything etc. Change it up how you want but do not go higher than 20%fat ever. Use healthy foods and you will be good.

Probably the worst thing holding you back is the trt regimen.

First6 is offline Member
    [QUOTE=Twist;5367057]GB: not stepping on any toes jump in please. I got nothing with this workout at home thing. sos sos

First6:
    37yrs
    5'8"
    167lbs
    BF Best guess 18-20%

So at a 10%bf you are gonna be 150lbs. Really! I never put thought into what I would weigh. Wow I will be a stick. My wife will NOT be pleased! lolHopefully I will be able to gain muscle fairly quickly after that. This sounds about right. If I am going off of this, I would say you should eat about 1,900 calories for a cut. So on your non workout days (rest days) eat 1,800 cals and on your workout days eat 2k.

Ok let me explain something to you. the workout I posted will get you by. But you need to lift heavy ass weight in a way that recruits multiple muscles. For what result? Help me understand. Is this in order to lose the fat and retain the muscle? I mean squat, deadlift, lunge, military press, bench, flip tires, throw things, climb over shit IDK. Okay. I think I get it. Listen, let's do this. Tell me what the ideal workout would be based on your experience and I will figure out how to get what I need to do it. I will pm you about this.

Heart rate: 220 - your age is your max heart rate
    You want to be training like this 5 minute warmup, 3 minutes 65-70%mhr, 2 minutes building up to high intensity, and 1 minute at 85%mhr or higher, back down to three minutes low intensity repeat; 5-10 minute cool down. NICE Thank you!

Lunchtime Walks: walking is great, the more the better.

ABS: don't work them everyday. 2 times per week on cardio days only

TRT: dude get a new doc, I am prescribed 200mgs every week. injecting everything eow will create terribly unstable blood levels and result in rebounds for estrogen and all other kinds of shit. Listen take that 200mgs eow and start injecting 50mgs 2x per week. Ask your doc to up the dosage to 200mgs every week and if he wont then get a new doc and fake the blood work by injecting less so they write a higher script. That method you are using is never gonna work for gaining anything but fat. save up some testosterone , unless you have a hook that will just let you buy more, and start injecting 200mgs every week. This will help things along very well and when you lower the test back down to stable blood levels for you (which might actually be 200mgs for all we know), you will easily keep gains and no pct is necessary. But seriously start injecting 2x per week now.
    I seriously just took a few minutes and went up and shot 50mgs. No kidding. This makes so much sense it is like being hit with a bat!! I am frickin pissed at my Doc right now! What a jackass! tell me he didn't know this!

Diet: you said you want to change it up and that is perfectly ok with me. Just don't go above 2,100 cals ever. use foods that fit in my motto, "if you can hunt it, pick it, or grow it, then you can eat it." Meaning veggies fruits rice chicken breast etc. you can't pick bread, waffles deep fried anything etc. Change it up how you want but do not go higher than 20%fat ever. Use healthy foods and you will be good. Got it and I'll ask plenty of questions along the way. But you better believe I'm gonna find a way to grow a peanut butter cup!

Probably the worst thing holding you back is the trt regimen. Not anymore!![/QUOTE]

NEW UPDATE!
    AS of tomorrow after work I will be the proud new owner of a full set of dumbells up to 85lbs, and 200 lbs of free weights!
    Next on the list is to get a bench and a straight bar.
    Last edited by First6; 09-22-2010 at 05:56 PM.

I like to hear this. Listen I am starting school and homework and looking for jobs takes time. So if you can remember to pm me as that is the easiest way to keep referring back to threads. just message me the link. Anyway when you get the new stuff just let me know and I (or many others, gb, lb, hp, fire etc) can help make a new program.

First6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    I like to hear this. Listen I am starting school and homework and looking for jobs takes time. So if you can remember to pm me as that is the easiest way to keep referring back to threads. just message me the link. Anyway when you get the new stuff just let me know and I (or many others, gb, lb, hp, fire etc) can help make a new program.
    Thanks Twist. and yes Anyone who want to comment PLEASE chime in. I welcome ALL the advise and support I can get.

First6 is offline Member
    Just a quick update here.
    Yesterday I ate very clean all day. No cheating at all. Did my morning workout. Did my 3.5 mile walk at lunchtime and did and interval class in the evening. (Speaking of which... I think I forgot to mention. I have a great cardio hookup. I can take all kinds of classes, kempo, spinning, interval, boot camp, etc.. for free.)

So this was my second day of being completely back on track. I feel great about it. Finally feel good about myself again. That is as long as I stay away from the mirror lol.

Just a quick update here.
    Yesterday I ate very clean all day. No cheating at all. Did my morning workout. Did my 3.5 mile walk at lunchtime and did and interval class in the evening. (Speaking of which... I think I forgot to mention. I have a great cardio hookup. I can take all kinds of classes, kempo, spinning, interval, boot camp, etc.. for free.)

So this was my second day of being completely back on track. I feel great about it. Finally feel good about myself again. That is as long as I stay away from the mirror lol.
    Good to hear bro, and you're right about the mirror!

I'm about to comment on your diet in a minute...

Twist - As you requested I double checked the foods and numbers.
    I did make a couple mistakes. After a double check here it is:

Totals:
    2175 cals/269 pro/185 carb/42 fat
    P-49% C-34% F-17%

Let's try to even out the protein and carb macros a bit. I'm currently doing 45/40/15, maybe something closer to that for you?

Meal 1:
    465/57/37/9

I'd skip at least the oats on days where it's just cardio

465/57/37/9

250/27/27/5

315/37.5/34.0/5.3

4 hours between meals, too long bro. Try to eat this meal at 11am if possible. Any veggies here?

250/25/34/3.5

If you move meal 4 to 11am, then obviously move all subsequent meals back an hour as well.

225/36.5/8/3.8

204.5/29/8/6.5

Another 4 hour gap. Do your best to close it

So that is what I am doing now. I would like to change it up though.
    What specifically would you like to change? I'll try and help you work it out.

First6 is offline Member
    Thanks!
    Well that's just it I really don't know. I am just bored with the foods. Most importantly though I need to make sure my macros are in line with my goals which is losing fat first.

I am on my lunchtime walk now and for the next hour but I can respond a little by typing on the phone like I am now. Might have a lot of type errors though.

First6 is offline Member
    Yeah I like those changes. And yeah I would love to get closer to your split.

Lunchtime walk - that's what I need to start doing! Actually, I want to buy a bike and just ride for an hour.

So you're just bored with the foods? Well, I can relate for sure. Personally, I love oats. I could eat them in every single carb meal and never get sick of them, however I do try to get multiple sources. With that, I recently found (at Costco) a huge bag of sweet potato fries. Now yes - they are processed a bit. They are pre/partially cooked in oil, and with that have 5g fat per serving. However, as long as you fit that into your daily macros, it should be fine. Like I said in another post, if the difference of me keeping at this or quitting is eating minimally processed foods (not like it's hamburger helper or something horrible like that), i'm going with it and I don't feel it will make or break the diet.

For brown rice, I was frying up a whole egg, quickly (30 seconds) sauteing an onion, and adding a bit of soy to the rice - sort of tasted like Chinese fried rice. You can add chicken or shrimp to make it even more like the real thing. There are ways to spice things up.

My most recent concoction is something i'm pretty happy with. 1lb lean ground beef (93/7), 1 cup (dry) lentils, and 1 jar of low sugar tomato sauce. Cook separately, combine, spice up with whatever you like - I use cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and a bit of tobasco. I measured macros for each separately, then combined the totals, then split into even portions - so I know my macro info is very close.

Just a few ideas.

First6 is offline Member
    Great ideas It's time I do the same thing. I agree about blurring the lines of the rules a little if it keeps you on track. I do love a good protien bar here and there. All processed but so good and the ones I eat are only 2g of sugar in the whole thing and very low fat.
    When you have time and I am back in the office let's see if we can adjust my macros!

First6 is offline Member
    Along the lines of what your describing I need to stop focusing so much on specific "safe" foods and be more concerned with eating whatever is clean and falls into my macros. I would be much happier that way.

Agreed!

First6 is offline Member
    Alright so after thinking about this a little. A couple goals with my diet. These are the things i am going to work on over the next day or 2.

1. Get the calories down. - Twist set a goal for me of 2k on workout days and 1800 on non workout days. Question - Does that mean 1800 on cardio days or 1800 on days I do absolutley nothing?

2. Get closer to a 45/40/15 split.

3. Less time between some of the meals.

4. I want to do the morning cardio on an empty stomach as Twist suggested. So I need to figure out an alternate morning diet for those days.

Anything I missed?

Alright so after thinking about this a little. A couple goals with my diet. These are the things i am going to work on over the next day or 2.

1. Get the calories down. - Twist set a goal for me of 2k on workout days and 1800 on non workout days. Question - Does that mean 1800 on cardio days or 1800 on days I do absolutley nothing?
    The choice is up to you. If you would like to get rid of the fat faster, go with 1800 on cardio days also. If you wanna work on the muscle aspect, go with 2k. I think that the best idea is to do 1800 on any days that is not weight training, and then once you cut the fat, cycle to get some muscle on your frame.
    2. Get closer to a 45/40/15 split.
    sounds good to me
    3. Less time between some of the meals.

4. I want to do the morning cardio on an empty stomach as Twist suggested. So I need to figure out an alternate morning diet for those days.
    WHY? can't you just delay a meal? treadmill is at home so just switch things around. Just do carido then eat.

Anything I missed?
    Looks good for now. Update regularly

First6 is offline Member
    Looks good for now. Update regularly
    Thanks.

Yeah delaying the meal will be fine. I guess I was just thinking alternate diet as in reducing the calories for those days. Which I do want to do.

bump for an update.

First6 is offline Member
    Thanks Twist! I appreciate that you didn't forget about me. Yup I know. I've been gone from here for a couple days. Everyone in the family is sick except me. So I am doing everything these last 3 days. Not complaining.... just the way it is sometimes.
    I have an update and some questions... Let me take a few minutes to organize my questions and I will be right back.

First6 is offline Member
    bump for an update.
    The update today is a mix of good and bad news. I am still mostly on track. However. Yesterday morning I felt the need to play with some new dumbells I got and I hurt myself pretty bad. It's gonna slow me down for a few days prob. I have a killer pain in the rear left of my neck and it goes down into my shoulder and upper back. I have a headache from it. Doing anything hurts. Even taking a deep breath. I had to go light on the workout this morning and cardio yesterday afternoon was just a slow walk to. I hope it doesn't last long! Been through it before will get through it again. We all have been. Not a huge deal just sucks for a few days. Not sure if any bf is coming off yet. I would like to think so but I am really bloated and the plumbing is a little messed up. Might be because of the family being sick (maybe I have a little) or maybe the diet change is taking effect and my body is holding on before it starts to let go. I don't know. Cardio this afternoon is going to just be a slow (3.5mph) walk on the treadmill for about an hour. I may try to do some interval but it just depends on bad the neck pain is. Hopefully I can get back to full force tomorrow.
    Eating is going fine. I did have a cheat meal yesterday evening but it was planned (has been for a while) We had a night with friends at a Chinese place. We do that kind of thing Very rarely. I ate out of my diet but didn't go to crazy. It tried to keep it under control but the fat content was still much higher than what fits into my macros I'm sure.

Here are some questions I have for Twist. Although anyone can chime in.
    Diet:
    What is your stand on the great fruit debate? I refer to during cutting of course.
    Workout:
    Previously in this thread You said making every body part sore in my workouts might not be a good thing right now. Can you help me understand why? Not questioning you. I just want to understand the way things work better.
    On the worhout you gave me should I be finding a weight that takes me to failure on the last set? Or when you say light wieght… the last set should still be not to difficult? Can you explain a little for me.
    TRT:
    I will pm you some questions about this?

Alrighgt that is about it for now. I gotta get up and move around. My neck is killing me sitting here looking down at the pc screen.

First6 is offline Member
    Second update for today.

My afternoon cardio session went much better than expected. My neck was not to much of an issue. I was able to do a fairly intense interval cardio on the treadmill.

Very happy about that.

The update today is a mix of good and bad news. I am still mostly on track. However. Yesterday morning I felt the need to play with some new dumbells I got and I hurt myself pretty bad. It's gonna slow me down for a few days prob. I have a killer pain in the rear left of my neck and it goes down into my shoulder and upper back. I have a headache from it. Doing anything hurts. Even taking a deep breath. I had to go light on the workout this morning and cardio yesterday afternoon was just a slow walk to. I hope it doesn't last long! Been through it before will get through it again. We all have been. Not a huge deal just sucks for a few days. Not sure if any bf is coming off yet. I would like to think so but I am really bloated and the plumbing is a little messed up. Might be because of the family being sick (maybe I have a little) or maybe the diet change is taking effect and my body is holding on before it starts to let go. I don't know. Cardio this afternoon is going to just be a slow (3.5mph) walk on the treadmill for about an hour. I may try to do some interval but it just depends on bad the neck pain is. Hopefully I can get back to full force tomorrow.
    Eating is going fine. I did have a cheat meal yesterday evening but it was planned (has been for a while) We had a night with friends at a Chinese place. We do that kind of thing Very rarely. I ate out of my diet but didn't go to crazy. It tried to keep it under control but the fat content was still much higher than what fits into my macros I'm sure.

Here are some questions I have for Twist. Although anyone can chime in.
    Diet:
    What is your stand on the great fruit debate? I refer to during cutting of course.
    I think it depends on the diet. Most people use fruit as the healthy part of their diet, and although there is truth to that, it is loaded with sugar. If fruit is the worst part of your diet, then I don't see a problem with that. Also people tend to overeat fruit calories.
    Workout:
    Previously in this thread You said making every body part sore in my workouts might not be a good thing right now. Can you help me understand why? Not questioning you. I just want to understand the way things work better.
    On the worhout you gave me should I be finding a weight that takes me to failure on the last set? Or when you say light wieght… the last set should still be not to difficult? Can you explain a little for me.
    It is hard to say what your weight should be because we don't have a good workout routine yet. You should go to failure on compound exercises like squats and deads etc. But for arms and abs I don't think it matters much. Again I think your focus should be to get rid of the bf, clean the slate and start fresh and build muscle from there. I was saying that being sore all the time is not necessarily a good thing because it means that your body is having trouble repairing the muscle tissue. At a calorie deficit and doing tons of cardio this can hinder muscle gains and even muscle retention.

TRT:
    I will pm you some questions about this?
    answered
    Alrighgt that is about it for now. I gotta get up and move around. My neck is killing me sitting here looking down at the pc screen.
    Get that neck checked out bro

Second update for today.

My afternoon cardio session went much better than expected. My neck was not to much of an issue. I was able to do a fairly intense interval cardio on the treadmill.

Very happy about that.
    sounds good, keep it up!

First6 is offline Member
    Quick update for today.
    Going well. Staying on track with diet and did a great interval cardio workout. The neck feels slightly better. Better enough that I think it will go away and I will be able to skip the appt with the Doc. Not much else to report. Things going as planned for now.

good news, following this

Glad to hear you're feeling better First. I know Twist already got you covered, but i'll offer my .02 on the fruit thing for what it's worth.

Fruit is obviously healthy, relatively speaking. For the average Joe that want's to maintain a healthy diet, fruit will usually be a staple. For people like us (people wanting to get to very low body fat, more than our bodies want) I don't think it's the greatest idea considering that at the end of the day, sugar is sugar. Sure you get a little fiber and vitamins, etc. but get those from your veggies. I MUCH prefer berries over fruits. They're great for you, anti oxidants and what not. Blueberries, Acai, raspberries, gojo berries, cranberries, blackberries, strawberries, etc. They're also generally lower GI then fruit.

Like Twist said though, if fruit is the worst part of your diet, you don't need to worry.

First6 is offline Member
    Thanks for the input and the support guys!
    The rest of my day went well. I stayed on track with my diet all day. Dinner was REAL tough today though. On these calories and doing all this cardio I am hungry all the time. Sometimes like tonight even right after I eat. All I can think about tonight is food! I'm so hungry! Can't wait until my 9:30 shake!

Is this okay for the goal I am after? Should I be hungry like this?

Thanks for the input and the support guys!
    The rest of my day went well. I stayed on track with my diet all day. Dinner was REAL tough today though. On these calories and doing all this cardio I am hungry all the time. Sometimes like tonight even right after I eat. All I can think about tonight is food! I'm so hungry! Can't wait until my 9:30 shake!

Is this okay for the goal I am after? Should I be hungry like this?
    Same here! But it's a good feeling to be hungy, vs. that disgusting stuffed bloated feeling, wouldn't you agree?

I will let Twist take this one, but will add my .02 - I tend to get hungry about 1/2 hour before my next meal, which is good because it means i'm eating when i'm supposed to. If you're STARVING and it's hours before your next meal, you may not be eating enough. Let's see what Twist has to say about this though.

First6 is offline Member
    Same here! But it's a good feeling to be hungy, vs. that disgusting stuffed bloated feeling, wouldn't you agree?
    NO!! lol. normally yes but it's tough to agree when I'm this hungry! lol

I will let Twist take this one, but will add my .02 - I tend to get hungry about 1/2 hour before my next meal, which is good because it means i'm eating when i'm supposed to. If you're STARVING and it's hours before your next meal, you may not be eating enough. Let's see what Twist has to say about this though.
    Yeah I don't know. Normally it has been perfectly managable. I'm hungry for my meals but not so hungry I can't think striaght. Right now though ALL I can think about it food. I am counting the minutes. Maybe today I got something wrong and ate less than I thought I did? I don't know.

hunger relates to the individual. It is a good guide, but not definite. Let me ask you some easy questions...
    How long have you been on the diet consistently?
    How much do you weigh now? how much weight have you lost?

You should be hungry, but you should not be so starving that all you can think about is food. If all you are thinking about is food, then we should up your calories. If the fat loss is coming along, I don't have an issue with that. But if you are not losing weight, then we need to hold off.

Be honest, don't embellish any facts like hunger or weight loss. It could result in a change for the worse and will be counterproductive. So how do you really feel?

oh yeah and did you up your trt dose to at least 150mgs per week yet? I wouldn't go above 200 without bloodwork but 150 is safe. You can pm me the answer if you want.

Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread Information