Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Old guy making a comeback...

calstate23 is offline Banned
    Sorry about your loss

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Thank you all very much, the service was very nice, short and sweet, now heading to family's house for some fellowship. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Here we go...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Old guy making a comeback...-2c.jpg   Old guy making a comeback...-3d.jpg   Old guy making a comeback...-4c.jpg   Old guy making a comeback...-5d.jpg   Old guy making a comeback...-7d.jpg  

and...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Old guy making a comeback...-024.jpg   Old guy making a comeback...-6d.jpg   Old guy making a comeback...-303.jpg  

cue_artist is offline Associate Member
    All I can say is WOW.... Your getting really lean bro, I can see more definition on all your poses compared to the old ones . BTW your back looks amazing
    Keep up the good work TB

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Damn all three of you guys are killing it. What day is this of the cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by cue_artist View Post
    All I can say is WOW.... Your getting really lean bro, I can see more definition on all your poses compared to the old ones . BTW your back looks amazing
    Keep up the good work TB
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    Damn all three of you guys are killing it. What day is this of the cycle?
    Thank you both, this weekend will be my fifth dose.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Looking really good T, I love the double bi back pose, delts are poppin!!!

First's turn now =)

bigcwithane is offline Member
    Major improvements t. I knew when you our up that new avy your pics were going be awesome. Keep it up

Thank's much, you know I'm gonna keep nailin' it, as best I can, this week's been rough with funeral and family gatherings and not wanting to be rude at family and church dinners, etc... but I think my body is responding well to the week off and will do even better when I'm 100% back on the next two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    Thank you both, this weekend will be my fifth dose.
    WOW dude you still have the whole cycle ahead of you! This is great shit bro

First6 is offline Member
    D@mn dude! Boy got some size!
    Looking great!

I would list out some inprovments but I honestly can say Everywhere. No Joke.

WOW dude you still have the whole cycle ahead of you! This is great shit bro
    Quote Originally Posted by First6 View Post
    D@mn dude! Boy got some size!
    Looking great!

I would list out some inprovments but I honestly can say Everywhere. No Joke.
    Thank you both, very much. I do appreciate all of the wonderful people on this board that take the time to encourage me, all you guys are top notch!

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    Lookin sharp TB progress pics are showing off good for you..Its gonna be great watchin you guys over the next couple months...Keep up the dedication..

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Doing good mate !
    Keep it up !

thanks guys, I appreciate your support.

diet and exercise program today:

1o am, workout - throw up in toilet, 10-15 minutes, to failure

10:00 am, one sleeve of saltine crackers and 20 oz sprite

do you think I over-trained???

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Damn dude! I take my eyes off the thread for a few days and this guy is huge and lean. Keep it up man, you have no idea how badly you three are making me long for my Gold's Gym back home! Hotel accomodations aren't nearly good enough to make use of the motivation you guys are laying down!

Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    Damn dude! I take my eyes off the thread for a few days and this guy is huge and lean. Keep it up man, you have no idea how badly you three are making me long for my Gold's Gym back home! Hotel accomodations aren't nearly good enough to make use of the motivation you guys are laying down!
    You are too kind. I can't imagine trying to stay in shape on the road for extended periods, it's amazing what we can find to do when it's important to us though, keep on keeping on brother, and I'll certainly pray that you find the most awesome gym accomodations at the hotels where you stay.

diet and exercise program today:

1o am, workout - throw up in toilet, 10-15 minutes, to failure

10:00 am, one sleeve of saltine crackers and 20 oz sprite

do you think I over-trained???
    I don't get this post... You trained at 1am this morning? why? and then you were awake again at 10am eating crackers? I am confused...

FirstTimeRage is offline Associate Member
    back looks jacked....

I don't get this post... You trained at 1am this morning? why? and then you were awake again at 10am eating crackers? I am confused...
    I was sick, woke up at 1 to puke, and the only thing I've been able to keep down is crackers and sprite

Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeRage View Post
    back looks jacked....
    Thank you, Brother.

So I couldn't help it, I brought up your thread and mine, side by side in 2 different browser tabs. I compared our lat spread pics - backs are similar enough IMO, although yours is obviously more developed. But what's alarming to me... just look at the round caps on your shoulders, and then look at mine - literally non existent. THIS is what i'm talking about when I say my shoulders are pathetic. Makes me so effing angry!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    So I couldn't help it, I brought up your thread and mine, side by side in 2 different browser tabs. I compared our lat spread pics - backs are similar enough IMO, although yours is obviously more developed. But what's alarming to me... just look at the round caps on your shoulders, and then look at mine - literally non existent. THIS is what i'm talking about when I say my shoulders are pathetic. Makes me so effing angry!!!
    Yes, we both have poor genetics when it comes to where are lats tie-in, don't be discouraged GB, shoulders and traps are my naturally easily developed bodypart. I think they over-power my arms, personally, my arms are 16 1/4, which is small anyway, put them next to my shoulders and it looks like you cut and pasted a bodybuilders shoulders on a marathon runners arms.

put them next to my shoulders and it looks like you cut and pasted a bodybuilders shoulders on a marathon runners arms.
    Lmao!

I was sick, woke up at 1 to puke, and the only thing I've been able to keep down is crackers and sprite
    Uh.. Idk if that is the same thing as overtraining... But try to take a prilosec and drink a protein shake. Sounds like swine flu or cholera to me for sure... Just walk it off

I'm walking it off, bent over mind you, but walking it off!

Today, perfect diet, actually a little more strict than usual due to being sick yesterday and not perfect last week with the funeral and preparations. I hadn't been in the gym in 11 days, today was chest day and I felt strong, went for a new max, since I've been back in the gym, benched 315lbs for a very nice, and not too difficult 1RM, then hit 225lbs for a set of 12, feet in the air, topped it off with incline bench, shoulders and triceps.

My energy faded fast, I suppose due to my being ill yesterday, but I promised LB I'd do cardio, I could only handle 10 minutes, 1.5 incline beginning at 3.5 speed and upping it .1 every minute, ended at 4.5, I rode home and my legs cramped, I honestly haven't done any cardio since 1992! I drank a glass of tomato juice, my wife says it's a good source of potassium, and I didn't want to eat a banana and ruin my diet.

bigcwithane is offline Member
    Keep it up Tb. I know my diet tested me today but I succeed and didn't break because I know how bad I want this. And by the improvements I see you making every week I know you want it to man keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by bigcwithane View Post
    Keep it up Tb. I know my diet tested me today but I succeed and didn't break because I know how bad I want this. And by the improvements I see you making every week I know you want it to man keep it up
    Thanks. It's much more enjoyable to get there with friends than to get there alone!

LBSOMEIRON is offline Banned
    Today, perfect diet, actually a little more strict than usual due to being sick yesterday and not perfect last week with the funeral and preparations. I hadn't been in the gym in 11 days, today was chest day and I felt strong, went for a new max, since I've been back in the gym, benched 315lbs for a very nice, and not too difficult 1RM, then hit 225lbs for a set of 12, feet in the air, topped it off with incline bench, shoulders and triceps.

My energy faded fast, I suppose due to my being ill yesterday, but I promised LB I'd do cardio, I could only handle 10 minutes, 1.5 incline beginning at 3.5 speed and upping it .1 every minute, ended at 4.5, I rode home and my legs cramped, I honestly haven't done any cardio since 1992! I drank a glass of tomato juice, my wife says it's a good source of potassium, and I didn't want to eat a banana and ruin my diet.
    Ok. Few things. Being sick sucks. I can relate. Props to making it in and fighting through a session plus cardio.

Next. Why in god's name people put their feet on the bench or in the air is beyond me. It makes zero sense. Are you trying out for the circus? Fact is, your chest has no idea where your feet are. All it knows is you are using less weight and the movement is harder than it's suppose to be. That is not going to grow your chest. Muscles grow because they are forced to grow through the use of additional weight in the form of a given excersize. Period. Had you planted your feet, sunk your shoulder blades and arched your back while keeping your ass on the bench, you could have used 235 maybe 245 for twelve instead of dancing with less weight. Which stress leads to better growth? You tell me.

Lastly, we just spoke about your sodium and sugar consumption. Maybe tomato juice had changed, but I'll bet it was loaded with both. I'd rather have seen you eat a tomato or even a banana post workout, then drink processed juice.

Having said that, I'm sure you read the labels and the kind you have is an exception and clean.

Unless you can't walk, water will cure dehydration and cramping. Just takes a little longer.

Ending on a positive note..props again for getting it done.

Keep LB'ing
    Last edited by LBSOMEIRON; 11-16-2010 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LBSOMEIRON View Post
    Ok. Few things. Being sick sucks. I can relate. Props to making it in and fighting through a session plus cardio.

Next. Why in god's name people put their feet on the bench or in the air is beyond me. It makes zero sense. Are you trying out for the circus? Fact is, your chest has no idea where your feet are. All it knows is you are using less weight and the movement is harder than it's suppose to be. That is not going to grow your chest. Muscles grow because they are forced to grow through the use of additional weight in the form of a given excersize. Period. Had you planted your feet, sunk your shoulder blades and arched your back while keeping your ass on the bench, you could have used 235 maybe 245 for twelve instead of dancing with less weight. Which stress leads to better growth? You tell me.

Lastly, we just spoke about your sodium and sugar consumption. Maybe tomato juice had changed, but I'll bet it was loaded with both. I'd rather have seen you eat a tomato or even a banana post workout, then drink processed juice.

Having said that, I'm sure you read the labels and the kind you have is an exception and clean.

Unless you can't walk, water will cure dehydration and cramping. Just takes a little longer.

Ending on a positive note..props again for getting it done.

Keep LB'ing
    Thanks for the input and stopping by to check on me. The legs in the air thing started a long time ago for me, when I had a lower back injury and it was excruciatingly painful to do it any other way. The lady who ran one of the gyms I worked at in Iraq was an ex-olympic power lifter and performed them this way as well, telling me it isolates the chest more.

I'll just drink water in the future.

You have 2 reasons to Bench Press with your feet on the bench, in the air or on the leg extension bar:

Lower Back Pain. Your lower back hurts when your feet are flat on the floor. Stop avoiding what hurts, work on spinal flexibility: cat/camels.
    Overload. You want to make the Bench Press harder by removing your legs from the movement.

Feet on The Floor. I recommend to Bench Press with your feet flat on the floor. It has 2 benefits over pressing with your feet up.

Safer. Feet flat on the floor is more stable. Your body isn’t fixed when pressing with your feet up or on the bench.
    Stronger. You can squeeze your glutes & calves more easily when your feet are flat on the floor. This makes you stronger.

Tight hip flexors seems to be your issue. That's why when you put your feet on the floor it pulls your lower back. I too find it more comfortable to have feet in the air, however I never do this for multiple reasons (main one being stability).

Quote Originally Posted by LBSOMEIRON View Post
    You have 2 reasons to Bench Press with your feet on the bench, in the air or on the leg extension bar:

Lower Back Pain. Your lower back hurts when your feet are flat on the floor. Stop avoiding what hurts, work on spinal flexibility: cat/camels.
    Overload. You want to make the Bench Press harder by removing your legs from the movement.

Feet on The Floor. I recommend to Bench Press with your feet flat on the floor. It has 2 benefits over pressing with your feet up.

Safer. Feet flat on the floor is more stable. Your body isn’t fixed when pressing with your feet up or on the bench.
    Stronger. You can squeeze your glutes & calves more easily when your feet are flat on the floor. This makes you stronger.
    Tight hip flexors seems to be your issue. That's why when you put your feet on the floor it pulls your lower back. I too find it more comfortable to have feet in the air, however I never do this for multiple reasons (main one being stability).
    I have had lower back issues for years, fell off a two story roof when I was 19, multiple car wrecks, etc... I have gotten in the habit of lifting with my feet in the air for all of my lifts with the exception of maxing out, negatives, 90% plus of max or bench press contests. My back doesn't bother me anymore so maybe I should consider going to feet on the floor all the time. However, since I am more about bodybuilding then power training right now I think I like the isolation of the chest for shaping and may just stick with it, all opinions welcome, of course. I always keep feet on the floor when performing chest exercises with dumbbells.

I don't see a problem with bench press but I only use DBS. Only issue is that when you are compensating for an issue constantly it won't get better.

I don't see a problem with bench press but I only use DBS. Only issue is that when you are compensating for an issue constantly it won't get better.
    Valid, agreed, hey wait, are you saying I'm a wuss cause my bench is so weak?

It's esitmated that between 2-3% of the entire world can bench over 300lbs.

Just say'n.

Think about it. I think the % is high.

Luckily I prefer feet on the ground. I've tried feel in the air as well as on the bench, and in both cases I felt awkward, like I was gonna roll off the bench or something. Definitely feel solid with feet on the ground.

Give it a shot again T!

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread Information