Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Old guy making a comeback...

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    16-17% - but to the untrained eye you look lower as you have a very thick/strong looking core. I see very noticeable changes all over. The overall physique is very good.

First6 is offline Member
    My eye is not as trained as some but I am gonna also say 16-17%.

That being said. When I was 17% I didn't look NEAR as good as you. Wait... I don't look NEAR as good now! Shit.
    You are still moving forward Bro. Still making bigger strides than I am. Makes me feel like I'm slacking.
    That first pose you always do is killer! Love the arms and shoulders. You sexy BEAST! lol
    Your chest is squaring out. Your shoulders, delts, forearms are really showing more def now to.

bigcwithane is offline Member
    Awesome improvements T. You're abs are going to be super thick once you get a lower bf. Keep it up!

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 19DELTA View Post
    Great pics T. Do you realize (i know you do )how many dudes your age would kill to have your body?
    I was hoping some half my age wouldn't mind it either.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Great job T, really man, what noticeable changes on you every pic post! It's me who is scared this time, because I KNOW I haven't made as good a stride as you have!

You're doing excellent bro, just keep doing whatever it is because it's clearly working for you. Respect!
    That is definitely the plan, changing the diet and workout up this weekend to dial it in even more for the next set of pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    16-17% - but to the untrained eye you look lower as you have a very thick/strong looking core. I see very noticeable changes all over. The overall physique is very good.
    I totally respect your eye and opinion, not where I'd like to be, but better than I thought was possible. I am shooting for 15% by dec 23rd, GB and my original deadline, with 12% by Mar 1st, 2011. I started this deal at 23% or so. As long as I'm still progressing then I'm motivated to keep on keeping on!

Quote Originally Posted by First6 View Post
    My eye is not as trained as some but I am gonna also say 16-17%.

That being said. When I was 17% I didn't look NEAR as good as you. Wait... I don't look NEAR as good now! Shit.
    You are still moving forward Bro. Still making bigger strides than I am. Makes me feel like I'm slacking.
    That first pose you always do is killer! Love the arms and shoulders. You sexy BEAST! lol
    Your chest is squaring out. Your shoulders, delts, forearms are really showing more def now to.
    Thank you very much. This all means tons to me, makes me hit it harder every time I go to the gym, and gives me the nudge I need if I'm thinking about eating crap, knowing that I will post pics and you guys will keep it real for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcwithane View Post
    Awesome improvements T. You're abs are going to be super thick once you get a lower bf. Keep it up!
    Thanks bigc, I wouldn't ask you, or anyone else, to do anything I wouldn't, plus I figure if I can do it then you have no excuse!

First6 is offline Member
    Maybe 15-16
    I don't know I keep looking and keep going back and forth

mesonerz is offline Junior Member
    been following this thread from the beginning. great progress so far. keep it up brah.

Maybe 15-16
    I don't know I keep looking and keep going back and forth
    That's okay, sweetheart, take your time, I'm okay with the truth even if the numbers are higher!

Quote Originally Posted by mesonerz View Post
    been following this thread from the beginning. great progress so far. keep it up brah.
    You know that's exactly what's going to happen, thanks for the support, it means alot to me, seriously!

Okay, I mis-quoted my own thread. On 9/01/10 I was 31.8% bf, on 10/01/10 I was 22.2% and now you are saying I'm between 15 and 17, so, that means I have lost between 15 and 17 percent bodyfat in three months. My weight has been consistent throughout, so let's just have some mathematical fun, shall we???

185lbs @ 32% bf = 125.8 lbm/59.2 lbs bf - one month later
    185lbs @ 22% bf = 144.3 lbm/40.7 lbs bf 18.5 lbs lbm gain/18.5 lbs of bf lost - two months later
    185lbs @ 17% bf = 153.6 lbm/31.4 lbs bf 9.3 lbs lbm gain/9.3 lbs of bf lost since last check if we use 185lbs @ 15% bf = 157.3 lbm/27.7 lbs bf 10 lbs lbm gain/10 lbs of bf lost

Even if I'm at the higher current bodyfat, let's look at three months results
    27.8 lbs of muscle gained, 27.8 lbs of fat lost.

I understand there are several other factors, water retention, etc.... etc... etc..., but I'll take those results any three months of any year, how about you guys???

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    Okay, I mis-quoted my own thread. On 9/01/10 I was 31.8% bf, on 10/01/10 I was 22.2% and now you are saying I'm between 15 and 17, so, that means I have lost between 15 and 17 percent bodyfat in three months. My weight has been consistent throughout, so let's just have some mathematical fun, shall we???

185lbs @ 32% bf = 125.8 lbm/59.2 lbs bf - one month later
    185lbs @ 22% bf = 144.3 lbm/40.7 lbs bf 18.5 lbs lbm gain/18.5 lbs of bf lost - two months later
    185lbs @ 17% bf = 153.6 lbm/31.4 lbs bf 9.3 lbs lbm gain/9.3 lbs of bf lost since last check if we use 185lbs @ 15% bf = 157.3 lbm/27.7 lbs bf 10 lbs lbm gain/10 lbs of bf lost

Even if I'm at the higher current bodyfat, let's look at three months results
    27.8 lbs of muscle gained, 27.8 lbs of fat lost.

I understand there are several other factors, water retention, etc.... etc... etc..., but I'll take those results any three months of any year, how about you guys???
    Yes, fantastic results so far. Just goes to show you what dedication to a solid, dialed-in diet and training program can do. I know plenty of guys, some of whom think they're 12-week progress is excellent, who've lowered their body fat just as well but didn't add any lean mass and in some cases, lost some. Therefore, they may have cut their bf% in half but they don't really look like bodybuilders. You, on the other hand, have thickened just about every trainable portion of your body and have the appearance, at 17%, of someone as low as 12% - when you look at it that way, it's a prime example of how being patient and using the fat burning properties of LBM as opposed to starvation is a better way.

Update

I didn't like my rear double bi pose from Thursday morning, so took one today to post, I couldn't get it small enough to load it, if I cut it anymore my arms have to be removed. Also have a pic of my dad, he came up and worked out with me this morning, he's 69 years old.

I measured my bodyfat on the scale at the gym, exactly 18%. My dad has gotten out of shape since he returned from Iraq and went to driving a truck here in the states, he shot up to 13.4% bf at 160lbs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Old guy making a comeback...-008.jpg   Old guy making a comeback...-009.jpg   Old guy making a comeback...-010.jpg   Old guy making a comeback...-012.jpg  

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I'm glad you set that March goal of 12% T, because I would like to continue this (actually, it really only STARTS for me after the new year) with you and I had the same timeframe in mind, around March, to hit my 10% goal. I HAVE to be at around 14% now, so if I can't drop 4% bodyfat over the next 3-4 months, i'm quitting the sport!

So point being, we'll continue this thing together.

I'm glad you set that March goal of 12% T, because I would like to continue this (actually, it really only STARTS for me after the new year) with you and I had the same timeframe in mind, around March, to hit my 10% goal. I HAVE to be at around 14% now, so if I can't drop 4% bodyfat over the next 3-4 months, i'm quitting the sport!

So point being, we'll continue this thing together.
    Sounds great. Besides we'll have plenty of time on our hands since all of these threads, except ours, will be shut down because all of these great people are going to be in the remote trainer contest.

Ishallnocheatmyself is offline Associate Member
    lol ! true that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishallnocheatmyself View Post
    lol ! true that.
    Where have you been, and are you signed up yet?

This is my back double-bi, pose. Let me know what you think, please.

Ishallnocheatmyself is offline Associate Member
    Where have you been, and are you signed up yet?
    had to tend my family buisness for a little while and take care of my dads business.. he got in a little trouble :P

Back and front delts look great in that pose! I have a feeling your lower back is going to be popping like crazy at 12%

Delts are no joke! I HATE you! You're making me want to quit this shitty cut TONIGHT and start adding mass... i'm SICK of being skinny fat!
    If you're skinny fat then we all need to start tren cycles.

Delts are no joke! I HATE you! You're making me want to quit this shitty cut TONIGHT and start adding mass... i'm SICK of being skinny fat!

I'm seriously thinking about trying to enter a show next summer, after my 45th birthday? What do you all think, if I get the bf down, could I not take last place in the Masters/Novice division?

I'm seriously thinking about trying to enter a show next summer, after my 45th birthday? What do you all think, if I get the bf down, could I not take last place in the Masters/Novice division?
    Talk to Fireguy if you're serious about it - that's a good ways off still and with the progress I'm seeing you've already made, I have no doubt you could be successful.

BLECH you should see my stomach when I sit. Probably a combo of loose skin too though, which really sucks because I can't do jack about that. LOL sorry for the hijack TB!

Talk to Fireguy if you're serious about it - that's a good ways off still and with the progress I'm seeing you've already made, I have no doubt you could be successful.
    Agreed, and I do think you could do something.

BLECH you should see my stomach when I sit. Probably a combo of loose skin too though, which really sucks because I can't do jack about that. LOL sorry for the hijack TB!
    I struggled with this forever, thinking it was all body fat but in retrospect, how did I not expect to go from obese to skinny via crash dieting and not have loose skin. It's not what you wanna hear but it just takes time. Finally went away and getting thicker abs definitely helped. Took a while - it WILL go away though!

Thank you both. I'm still in the "considering" stages.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Excellent progress and you can clearly see the hard work you have put into this, delts look great and condition is fine, areas to work on would be back width and tri's IMHO, best of luck and keep going

bigcwithane is offline Member
    I have the same problem gb. Pisses me off everyday.

I struggled with this forever, thinking it was all body fat but in retrospect, how did I not expect to go from obese to skinny via crash dieting and not have loose skin. It's not what you wanna hear but it just takes time. Finally went away and getting thicker abs definitely helped. Took a while - it WILL go away though!
    Yea, I hear you. If it were just bodyfat, it'd more likely be a big roll as opposed to 6 little crumpled up accordian looking rolls lol. I hate it, but I have no choice but to wait and hope the skin bounces back. I agree with you about building up the abs to fill some of that out. I hardly EVER work abs, but i'm thinking my bodyfat is at a point now where it'd really make a visual difference, so I need to start ASAP!

1x/week? 2x/week?

OMG TB i'm sorry for the hijack - AGAIN. Anybody wants to reply to this, just take it to my thread pls, or PM me.

UberSteroids is offline Anabolic Member
    Nice job TB.

Remember, I am starting my cutter in a month so don't let me catch up to you

Keep at it man.

I lost my pics I'm having trouble with all this, so I hope this fixes it.

BS!!!

It's not even pic day/week, you're just showing off now! =P

Tony Stacks is offline Associate Member
    Nice work!

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Looking good !
    Looks like your a lot younger than 40 .

Quote Originally Posted by Dont wanna be old View Post
    Looking good !
    Looks like your a lot younger than 40 .
    I'm totally okay with that!

First6 is offline Member
    Looking good in those pics T!
    Like GB said... makes me wanna quite cutting and BULK NOW!
    I think I'm 2 months away though.

Rizdizzle is offline Junior Member
    Lookin great TBody!

Looking good in those pics T!
    Like GB said... makes me wanna quite cutting and BULK NOW!
    I think I'm 2 months away though.
    Exactly the same for me bro - 3 actually. Feb 28th (or whatever the last day is in that weird ass month!) is D-Day for me. This cut CANNOT go beyond that. I better be showing serious bottom abs by that time. =)

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Pics tomorrow?

You know I'm down for whenever. I haven't made any progress and my energy levels have plummeted, but I've got it all figured out, and I'll let you know what that is later, have a 15 year olds birthday party to go to.

Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    Pics tomorrow?
    Next weekend bro - I wanna stay in line with TB and First. =)

You know I'm down for whenever. I haven't made any progress and my energy levels have plummeted, but I've got it all figured out, and I'll let you know what that is later, have a 15 year olds birthday party to go to.
    LoL I have my 35th to go to tomorrow =(

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread Information