Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Old guy making a comeback...

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Lat Spread x2

Can you repost your final diet you are eating?

Ps. Just to weigh in on the matter... I would not recommend snacking on anything in between meals, nevermind fat sources. I'll tell you what I think when I see your final diet.

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    5 am - 1 whole egg, 2 egg whites, bowl of oats with one scoop of whey protein, 1 cup coffee-black
    25mg ephedrine/200mg caffeine
    8 am - 1/2 cup white rice, 6oz tilapia
    11 am - 1/2 cup white rice, 6 oz tilapia
    2 pm - 1/2 cup white rice, 6 oz tilapia
    25mg ephedrine/200mg caffeine
    4 pm - sugar free monster energy drink/1 heaping tsp creatine monohydrate
    5 pm - workout
    7 pm - pwo protein shot 26g whey, sugar free (workout days only, m-f)
    8:00 pm - 8oz bison steak, 6 oz sweet potatoes with vinegar, salt and pepper
    10 pm - 1/2 cup whole fat cottage cheese, 2 tbsp natural peanut butter or 28g of peanuts

I drink 16 oz of water when I wake up before I eat or drink anything else, one whole gallon of water throughout the day and another 16 oz before bed

On another note, my bodyweight was exactly the same in both sets of pics, 189 lbs, I would like to know if you think I'm holding water, it is obvious I gained muscle but don't know if I lost any fat, I guess I believe I lost fat, just not belly fat.

I don't think you lost much. Can you get calories up and total caloric intake along with your stats? I see a lot of white rice (bad) and a shitload of stimulants (worse), dairy, and quite possibly a lot of fat. You spike your insulin , yet there is no gap large enough for it to lower back down. Basically you have no time in between meals where fat burning will take place, and I bet your total cals are too high also.

I will break out the macro calculator. I don't know where the dairy is that you are talking about, or is that the whey?

LBSOMEIRON is offline Banned
    I think you look a lot better TB. Def some size added. Now we need to tweak your diet.

I'm on the road so I can't get a good look. Tomorrow I'll chime in.

Assuming we need to reduce your carbs, due to your carb sensitivity.

Absolutely nothing wrong with white rice. Trust me. Once again. Leave it in place.

Im confident I can make a few changes that will have you on
    Your way.

Props to hitting the iron pretty hard.
    Last edited by LBSOMEIRON; 10-30-2010 at 07:57 PM.

Twist can edit his post after he looks up the GI of white vs brown rice and then discovers how much of a non factor the GI index is when you incorporate fats and protein into a meal.

Tb. I'll look it over tomorrow. It won't take much. You just need to stay perfect. No 'pretty good' bs.

Quote Originally Posted by LBSOMEIRON View Post
    I think you look a lot better TB. Def some size added. Now we need to tweak your diet.

I'm on the road so I can't get a good look. Tomorrow I'll chime in.

Assuming we need to reduce your carbs, due to your carb sensitivity.

Absolutely nothing wrong with white rice. Trust me. Once again. Leave it in place.

Im confident I can make a few changes that will have you on
    Your way.

Props to hitting the iron pretty hard.
    Fix it and I'll do it, perfect every day, all the way. I have to drop this sickening fat!

Not nearly as bad as you think.

The width and size you put on is encouraging. Very noticeable.

Dieting Is the easy part.

Tomorrow...

Okay, I weighed in this morning, 187.2, 2lbs less than the first pics, also the last set of pics was taken post work-out, not first thing after all night fast, like the first set were (don't know if that matters, but my stomach looks so much smaller in the morning) I measured my belly this morning, 37", I started at 43" and was 39.5" in the first pics. So tell me how I lost weight, gained obvious muscle and lost 2 inches around my belly and put an inch on my thighs yet doesn't look like I leaned out much?

I cant say this anymore.

Do me a favor.

Pick up your scale.

Slide open window.

Look both ways.

Launch said scale.

Your diet is Now on point. Follow it and I absolutely promise you we will not be having this conversation by thanksgiving.

One other favor. Follow it to a tee and don't question it.

If it fails, I'll never give advice again. Promise.

Promise, No-vember, no-cheat, no-excuses, no-need for you to stop doing what you do.

Thanks for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    Okay, I weighed in this morning, 187.2, 2lbs less than the first pics, also the last set of pics was taken post work-out, not first thing after all night fast, like the first set were (don't know if that matters, but my stomach looks so much smaller in the morning) I measured my belly this morning, 37", I started at 43" and was 39.5" in the first pics. So tell me how I lost weight, gained obvious muscle and lost 2 inches around my belly and put an inch on my thighs yet doesn't look like I leaned out much?
    Great progress here man! It definitely does matter when you take measurements and weigh yourself etc. It doesn't look like you lost much weight because of the high bf percentage. Keep at it, it will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    Great progress here man! It definitely does matter when you take measurements and weigh yourself etc. It doesn't look like you lost much weight because of the high bf percentage. Keep at it, it will come.
    Thank you, I am definitely sticking with it. What do you think my bf % is? Am I under 20 yet?

Who cares. You'll be 15 by the end of the month.

Thank you, I am definitely sticking with it. What do you think my bf % is? Am I under 20 yet?
    Idk, its hard to say. You are definitely adding muscle and burning fat, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just keep on pushing. hey did you ever start that cycle?

Idk, its hard to say. You are definitely adding muscle and burning fat, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just keep on pushing. hey did you ever start that cycle?
    Yes, took my third shot this weekend.

Sick bro! This is gonna be good.

Thanks, Twist.

Absolutely perfect on my diet today. Today was leg day and I'm on the 10x10 squat program, I was so tight by set 5 it was crazy. After squats I finish with three sets of stiff legged deads supersetted with toe extensions. I so almost puked! The promised/desired results are so worth it.

Very good.

I forgot about the gear.

Keep the sodium in check. No added salt.

Pictures will make you look heavier than you are (water) hence the 'no scale' rule.

Low carbs will help.

Pictures will make you look heavier than you are (water) hence the 'no scale' rule.
    100% agree. Bloat will throw off scale completely.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    T - just curious, what type of weight are you squatting on the 10x10? Are you sticking with the same weight for all 10 sets?

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    T - just curious, what type of weight are you squatting on the 10x10? Are you sticking with the same weight for all 10 sets?
    I am currently using 225lbs, I always put my hip below my knee on every rep, my initial plan was to focus on legs during the 10 weeks leading to our challange date, so I do legs twice a week, but squats only on mondays, I initially thought I would go up 10lbs a week and end up being 100lbs heavier on week 10, wow, that ain't happening! It has been a little easier every week and my recovery time is shorter, but I can honestly say I was sore for the whole 7 days after my first 10x10. The next week I was only sore for 3 days and we'll see for this week. I'm still hoping to at least get to 275lbs for all of my sets, I might start off with 275lbs and drop when I can't properly perform my 10 sets at that weight, or I might do my first sets with the 225lbs and go up to the 275lbs for my last set and start a set sooner every week. I think it would be sic' if I could end up doing 315# for 10x10's. One weird thing is that I've cramped in my forearm on the last set the first two times I performed this exercise, and the second week my abs cramped after my sets when I was doing toe extensions on a seated press machine.

What are your thoughts?

I am currently using 225lbs, I always put my hip below my knee on every rep, my initial plan was to focus on legs during the 10 weeks leading to our challange date, so I do legs twice a week, but squats only on mondays, I initially thought I would go up 10lbs a week and end up being 100lbs heavier on week 10, wow, that ain't happening! It has been a little easier every week and my recovery time is shorter, but I can honestly say I was sore for the whole 7 days after my first 10x10. The next week I was only sore for 3 days and we'll see for this week. I'm still hoping to at least get to 275lbs for all of my sets, I might start off with 275lbs and drop when I can't properly perform my 10 sets at that weight, or I might do my first sets with the 225lbs and go up to the 275lbs for my last set and start a set sooner every week. I think it would be sic' if I could end up doing 315# for 10x10's. One weird thing is that I've cramped in my forearm on the last set the first two times I performed this exercise, and the second week my abs cramped after my sets when I was doing toe extensions on a seated press machine.

What are your thoughts?
    My thoughts are i'm a weak little nothing and it makes me sick! I squated 10x10 today with 155lbs. Granted, I could have gone up in weight and will do so next week, but no way could I get 225 for 10 sets of 10, not even close. By the 3rd set i'd have to reduce weight.

Congrats to you though, impressive. Not sure about the forearm cramping, how far apart are you keeping your hands during the exercise? The ab cramping could be coming from you staying flexed (whether you know it or not) throughout the entire exercise.

Gb. You aren't weak. I need to see that. Not that I dont trust it, but I need to see it.

I'm not sure 'I' could do 10x10, in the bucket, every set, every rep, with 315.

Utube that 275 TB.

Props though.

Last week we did 1 hundred rep squat with 225 and I dry heaved.

It's 100 reps, which is like 10x10, but no rackin' it. You can take 10 hours, but you have to keep it on your back

Gb. You aren't weak. I need to see that. Not that I dont trust it, but I need to see it.

I'm not sure 'I' could do 10x10, in the bucket, every set, every rep, with 315.

Utube that 275 TB.

Props though.
    Dude, I didn't say I do 315, I said I was hoping to grow into that, I haven't gone over 225 yet, except for my last set of ten where I went up to 245.

Another perfect day on the diet, not one thing that wasn't on my program. Descent workout, did flat bench and hit 300# nice and easy before getting three sets of 4 reps with 245#, the diet is affecting my energy and strength to some degree, but the gear should be off-setting that. Shoulders looked great during the workout too, I can already tell a difference in my body after just two days of the new diet.

More better things to come.

Kill it!

Great job TB!

Rizdizzle is offline Junior Member
    Great work TB i cant wait to see you guys in a months time!

Thank you everyone, GB and I will be there, together, putting our best bodies forward, and then we'll take it to the next level!

Thank you everyone, GB and I will be there, together, putting our best bodies forward, and then we'll take it to the next level!
    Agreed bro. Today was a thousand times better for me then yesterday. I may be bi polar...

another good day on the diet, I didn't have all the raw veggies I needed so I bought a jar of pepperocinis, ate one serving, which is 3 carbs and no sugars, but they are packed in vinegar so a little high on the sodium. I had bison stew for dinner with celery, carrots and onions instead of steak, still a great meal for my program, ran out of bison steak so had to improvise with the meat I had.

I truly believe that I can see progress every day, and I have not stepped on a scale even once, per LB's instruction.

Very nice.

Remember - sodium is cosmetic for the most part. I want it down because I don't want you going basket case on me. High sodium coupled with test = serious bloat. The scale would be a sure fire way for you to want to turn back, so stay off.

I've noticed in your posts you have a serious sodium addiction, which is ok because it'll help lube your joints, but when we are shooting for pictures and dieting, it something that needs to be under control.

Did you drink a jar of pickle juice you sick freak?

PS. Frozen veggies are your friend. I buy frozen spinnach, asparagus, broc, etc...just because I can toss it in the microwave and go....

lol!

Very nice.

Remember - sodium is cosmetic for the most part. I want it down because I don't want you going basket case on me. High sodium coupled with test = serious bloat. The scale would be a sure fire way for you to want to turn back, so stay off.

I've noticed in your posts you have a serious sodium addiction, which is ok because it'll help lube your joints, but when we are shooting for pictures and dieting, it something that needs to be under control.

PS. Frozen veggies are your friend. I buy frozen spinnach, asparagus, broc, etc...just because I can toss it in the microwave and go....
    Yes, I drink pickle juice, seems like I read some positive stuff on it years back, and I like it.

I like what Shawn Ray always said, he never worried about sodium intake til 7 days out from a show.

I eat celery mostly, buy it at whatever store I'm in at meal time and just eat it raw, do this with red or green bell peppers too.

I just finished another day with no cheat on my diet, a good workout and now off to get that much needed rest. Tonight's bison meal was a pike's peak roast and there was absolutely no fat in the juice or meat at all, we cooked it in a crock pot all day and then put it in the fridge before I ate it so we could remove any fat that had congealed, there was no fat at all! I definitely prefer the steaks to other forms of bison, but my source of bison is currently out of steaks, so I have to make do.

Pickle Juice? Whatever floats your boat man. Hey can't wait for this weeks progress pics!

Pickle Juice? Whatever floats your boat man. Hey can't wait for this weeks progress pics!
    I thought we'd switched to pics every other week, if so then it will be next weekend, not this, but I'm ready, I can definitely tell progress. I very much appreciate your support, encouragement, knowledge and advice, Twist, I like your new avy too.

I thought we'd switched to pics every other week, if so then it will be next weekend, not this, but I'm ready, I can definitely tell progress. I very much appreciate your support, encouragement, knowledge and advice, Twist, I like your new avy too.
    I agree with pics every other week. I don't think changes are noticeable enough in 1 week to warrant pics.

Also agree about the avy Twist, lookin lean bro!

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread Information