Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Old guy making a comeback...

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawigirl View Post
    Is Canada close enough for ya?
    It is for me, especially since I confused the 2. =)

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawigirl View Post
    Is Canada close enough for ya?
    Kawi, I think you know I'd workout with you anywhere.

I pee sitting down.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................when I,m pooping!!!!

See! That's how I first got the idea! So, every guy has pee'd sitting down at one point or another... even DSM!

The truth is there was a time when I was having low back trouble so bad that it was only comfortable to go to the bathroom seated, even just to urinate, also when I am drinking a gallon or more water a day and get up in the middle of the night, half asleep, it's so much easier to just sit down.

leaving for Hawaii tomorrow, haven't been in the gym for two weeks getting things arranged for my vacation and won't lift in Hawaii, unless someone from there let's me know they live over there and I'll try to get a workout with them in their gym, would be cool to get to meet and lift with other members from the boards.

POPS is offline Senior Member
    enjoy your trip!!!

Will do, Pops, that is certainly the plan. Haven't had an official honeymoon, so muchly looking forward to the beauty of the Islands as a backdrop to the much more stunning beauty of my wife.

just back from vacation, stepped on the scales at 201.0 lbs, and I'm stoked about that, also read an incredible book called "the cardio free diet", exactly what I've been preaching my whole life, love it, the author is a genius and I'm stoked about starting my transformation progress again. I purposed to put on 10 lbs during the vacation just, I did it and I am very, very, very happy.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Been a long time since i've checked in on you T, Glad to see your doing well.

thanks, plan on getting huge and ripped by summer, nice tan started in Hawaii

Kawigirl is offline Knowledgeable~Female Member
    awe....tbody is finally here!!!

Welcome back brotha, you're back in body and i'm back in willpower. Let's get back on track together and do this sh!t !!! Where's First6 now?

I'm cutting back work, letting one of my jobs go to spend more time on the important stuff, and also freeing up more time for eating and training correctly, so about two more weeks and then full on!

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Glad you're back in the game T. I'm tryin to cut down for summer at the moment after recovering from surgery on my hand. I'll start following this thread more closely to keep myself motivated

Glad to hear it, let's rock this out together!

I'm back as well... let's put the team back together and do this shit already. Where's First6?

one more week and I'll be done with the most time consuming of my jobs, let's get geared up!

So, where is first6?

We should PM him, maybe he has them notifying his email...

When performing "no cardio" does it matter if it's fasted or not?

First day of heading back to the gym. Wish me luck!

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    good luck T. definitely interested in this "no cardio" deal, to see how useful it can be with cardio. go get it!

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    When performing "no cardio" does it matter if it's fasted or not?
    You and your puzzles...

First day of heading back to the gym. Wish me luck!
    Good luck bro, start updating this mofo again and keep us posted!!

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Good luck brother. Hope you had an awesome training session and many more to come!

Okay, regular updates to be consistently expected so make sure you keep providing input and encouragement!

About a week and a half before vacation I was not able to lift since I own my own business and had to make arrangements for everything to be taken care of while I was gone, my business functioned on about half speed in my absence so after being on vacation for two weeks it took another two weeks to catch everything up and I also decided to give that business up and put all of my energy into what had been my secondary source of income.

I definitely eased back into the gym yesterday with a 20 minute workout, back/biceps/calves three sets of 11 pull downs, three sets of 11 machine rows, 3 sets of 21 toe presses, one set of 11 standing barbell curls. Cleaned my eating back up a little bit yesterday and today and will be doing chest/triceps today might include shoulders haven't decided for sure. The plan is to get in 30 minute lifting sessions this week and then jump back into it full speed with my workout partner next week. My current intention is to do a six day split leaning towards super setting bodyparts to cut down my gym time, I think it will look like this:

Mon: back/triceps/calves
    Tue: chest/biceps/abs
    Wed: legs/shoulders
    Thu: back/triceps/calves
    Fri: chest/biceps/abs
    Sat: legs/shoulders

What do you think about that?

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    I think hitting everything 2x per week is crazy man, at least for you - if it's just a short blast regiment to kickstart a new phase of growth or some shock treatment; fine but otherwise, it's simply inefficient for a few reasons. Mainly because you're either doing a half-assed routine both days or you're not even close to recovered when the next one rolls around. Train legs with me on a wednesday and see if you can walk straight on friday, let alone hit them again! Same goes for arms since they get blasted when you do chest/back already. Chest/back - I've actually seen good results when trying a 2x/week program but honestly, I always felt like my arms were getting the short end of the stick.

Regardless, you've been doing this for a long time and you know what's worked for you in the past. I think cardio-free is fine provided you understand that calories out via starvation are key since they won't be burned to the same extent but there's gotta be some benefit to overall recovery and CNS health by simply not doing it and just resting when you're not lifting.

You know me man, any workout plan is a good one if the accompanying diet is what it needs to be. Let me see it!!!

First6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Welcome back brotha, you're back in body and i'm back in willpower. Let's get back on track together and do this sh!t !!! Where's First6 now?
    I'm back as well... let's put the team back together and do this shit already. Where's First6?
    So, where is first6?
    We should PM him, maybe he has them notifying his email...
    Gone but not forgotten I see.
    Thanks Guys.
    Sure. I'll get in on the team effort. That was when i thought we had the purest progress anyway.

Things have been tough for me related to being around here. I got busted at the office so I.T. blocked the site. That was when I did 95% of my posting LOL
    It is hard to show up in the evening cause family keeps me so busy. (young kids - you know)

Feels good to know I was missed though. I will try to show up every evening even if just for a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by First6 View Post
    Thanks Guys.
    Sure. I'll get in on the team effort. That was when i thought we had the purest progress anyway.

Things have been tough for me related to being around here. I got busted at the office so I.T. blocked the site. That was when I did 95% of my posting LOL
    It is hard to show up in the evening cause family keeps me so busy. (young kids - you know)

Feels good to know I was missed though. I will try to show up every evening even if just for a minute.
    LoL, they installed web monitoring software on our network. Now I just set up RDP to my house and don't have to worry!

I hear you - it's tough at night, especially considering I get about 2 hours between getting home and having to go to bed.

Glad to see you're still around though bro!

First6 is offline Member
    LoL, they installed web monitoring software on our network. Now I just set up RDP to my house and don't have to worry!

I hear you - it's tough at night, especially considering I get about 2 hours between getting home and having to go to bed.

Glad to see you're still around though bro!
    RDP? Do tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    I think hitting everything 2x per week is crazy man, at least for you - if it's just a short blast regiment to kickstart a new phase of growth or some shock treatment; fine but otherwise, it's simply inefficient for a few reasons. Mainly because you're either doing a half-assed routine both days or you're not even close to recovered when the next one rolls around. Train legs with me on a wednesday and see if you can walk straight on friday, let alone hit them again! Same goes for arms since they get blasted when you do chest/back already. Chest/back - I've actually seen good results when trying a 2x/week program but honestly, I always felt like my arms were getting the short end of the stick.

Regardless, you've been doing this for a long time and you know what's worked for you in the past. I think cardio-free is fine provided you understand that calories out via starvation are key since they won't be burned to the same extent but there's gotta be some benefit to overall recovery and CNS health by simply not doing it and just resting when you're not lifting.

You know me man, any workout plan is a good one if the accompanying diet is what it needs to be. Let me see it!!!
    I've never been a fan of not hitting the muscle again when it is recovered, the only agreement I'd consider in your arguement is the legs, they are large enough not to be recovered in the time frame mentioned, but all other muscle groups I believe are small enough to be recovered in 48 - 72 hrs, provided the building blocks are there nutritionally and rest wise. I have long been a proponent of multiple muscle group workouts each week, it's all about the recovery, and since my "no-cardio" approach is ruffling so much feathers I'm going to see how quick I can get to single digits on that program. Thanks D, I greatly respect and appreciate your knowledge and delivery of same, please stick with me and see what an old man can do. I'm easing back into the diet this week and will be hardcore next week. I'll post it up before next monday for you to critique.

Thanks Guys.

Man it's good to have you back, so tell us the goal for the next 58 days so we can all run this race together.(is it 58 days left GB?)

No-Cardio has been spot on all week!

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    No-Cardio has been spot on all week!
    HA! good stuff! will be watching in

Heading to the gym, LEG DAY!!! Thank you Jesus!

First6 is offline Member

Man it's good to have you back, so tell us the goal for the next 58 days so we can all run this race together.(is it 58 days left GB?)
    57 Now I think.
    Thanks Bro. Good to be around here again. Hate to admit it but I missed you guys! LOL I know I know. I need to think of a goal for myself. I just dont know. I may need to just ride along and support you guys this time. I dont know.

RDP? Do tell.
    Remote Desktop. This is of course provided your company doesn't have it locked down or disabled. If not, all you need to do is open the right port on your firewall (setting in your router) at home and you should be good to go!

I've never been a fan of not hitting the muscle again when it is recovered, the only agreement I'd consider in your arguement is the legs, they are large enough not to be recovered in the time frame mentioned, but all other muscle groups I believe are small enough to be recovered in 48 - 72 hrs, provided the building blocks are there nutritionally and rest wise. I have long been a proponent of multiple muscle group workouts each week, it's all about the recovery, and since my "no-cardio" approach is ruffling so much feathers I'm going to see how quick I can get to single digits on that program. Thanks D, I greatly respect and appreciate your knowledge and delivery of same, please stick with me and see what an old man can do. I'm easing back into the diet this week and will be hardcore next week. I'll post it up before next monday for you to critique.

I'm currently running a workout regimen that has me hitting every muscle group (including legs) either every 3rd or 5th day depending on the week. It's very intense but I don't run it for more than 6 weeks at a time.

Not sure how many days are left at this point - whatever until June 1st arrives. Even then, I have a couple weeks of Leeway to tighten up loose ends as it's not really summer yet. July 1st is the drop dead date, so in all actuality I have 3 months which is much more doable - but I really want to see what I can accomplish in 8 weeks being super strict like never before.

Heading to the gym, LEG DAY!!! Thank you Jesus!
    Did legs today, thank God i'm at the light end of my program where i'm only doing 2 sets per exercise. In a few weeks i'll be up to 5... ugh it gets brutal!

57 Now I think.
    Thanks Bro. Good to be around here again. Hate to admit it but I missed you guys! LOL I know I know. I need to think of a goal for myself. I just dont know. I may need to just ride along and support you guys this time. I dont know.
    Whatever you do, you know we're here to support you bro! And why do you hate to admit missing us? lol

I missed 5 weeks in the gym and absolutely didn't stick to a good diet so my plan this week was to simply hit the gym for 20-30 mins a day and go as hard and fast to get some of the soreness out so I'm ready to grow when the pain starts next week. I'll post my diet and exact workouts daily. I've been working on taxes the last two days and still have three more stacks of papers to go through in hopes of finding everything my accountant wants.

Leg day came very close to becoming cardio-esque, going from toe presses to leg extensions to leg curls and starting all over four times through with no rest between sets. I hit calves on monday so they were already a little tight and sore and I'm having trouble walking tonight, gotta love it!

First, you know you wanna bulk, so do it! 8.7 lbs of muscle in 87 days??? And yeah, you know we are the gayest group of heterosexuals on the planet so we have no problems admitting we love and miss each other, so you can get over it too!

How come twist doesn't drop by too much any more? Just cause he's afraid our contenders are going to place higher than his in the contest? I miss him too, it would be nice to have lbsomeiron back to get him riled up.

Just re-read my entire thread and watched an hours worth of motivation bodybuilding videos on youtube so I'm all stoked about crushing this thing. C'mon boys, GB, First, Twist and all you other great people, let's get this cranked up for good and not let each other slack even for a minute!

just checked bf% at the gym. 190 lbs 19.9 % bf, will post pics this weekend. Calculated my needs from Base's calorie post, love it, and will go with the numbers it tells me without adding any for my training level in order to keep at a deficit since I'll be doing no-cardio.

I'll be checking in on your progress bro, good luck.

I'm in a position similar to you - haven't trained in 5 weeks while recovering from surgery. Hoping to hit it hard starting Monday.

Thread Information