Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Probably not going to get everyone to agree with me here, but here goes, you look better, not just slightly, IMO. I think you maybe didn't lose as much bodyfat as you could have, but you look healthier. You absolutely no longer look skinny/fat, you just look a little pudgy, much easier to work with. I like the size you've put on and I think you will better be able to burn fat with the extra muscle.

Honestly I would much prefer to begin working with someone who looks like you do now then who looks like you did in your first pics, I think the potential to make noticable differences, dramatic even, are much more likely from where you are. I like the legs and the way your abs are looking, the extra width makes your love handles even look manageable. Anyway, get over being stupid about the scale, use it as a piece of the total picture or throw it away(sorry Twist). I'm begging you to let me fix your next workout program when your 5x5's are done. If you let me you will need to be sure and tell your partner to get ready to GROW!

bigcwithane is offline Member
    Tbody thanks man. I total agree with everything you said dude. The 5d5 has definitely helped me put on size. I will also tell my partner. He is the exact opposite of me. He can't put on weight for shit, but he has a decent build he is a little skinny but if you say were gonna grow I believe you, especially from the results you have been getting.

First6 is offline Member
    Good job on getting the pics up bro. Things are not as bad as you think. On the right program (tb) you will start shedding that fat quick. I agree I think you should let TB put something togther for you. One suggestion. Make goals. Let TB know what % you want to hit and when you want to hit it. That will give him something to work with. (be reasonable)
    Go get em bro! You can do this. Get on a program, post weight and pics every 2 weeks and let TB take handle the rest.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Good job BigC! Grats on getting the pics up, and like the others said, you've definitely made progress. It's the slow and steady bro, that's the way this game works. None of us are gonna wake up one morning and suddenly be looking like Dorian Yates. Keep at it and you will succeed!

Thanks everyone. Tb can you make a sample routine for me of what its going to look like? Also the goal I really want to achieve is lose fat and grow but it is a hard process. So I was think my goal now should be to cut down to 12% in like 6 weeks, then after that stay lean and add some quality mass

I'll put something together after church today. We will get you there!

Alright. I'm excited!

Four or Five day routine, or do I get to pick???

Either is fine with me but ill leave it up to your since your making the routine

Okay everyone diet is going good. A little bump in it my dad made his famous chip dip that he hasn't mad in forever. It's bad but I only had a fork bite. Also my calories are two meals short for the day so I'm only at like 1200 cal because I didn't feel good this morning(damn cold I think) so I slept like 11 hours and yesterday I also did construction work for ky uncle running a jumping jack for 11 hours(talk about a body workout) but everything else was good. It's just mental with me and sometimes I say in my head don't do it you won't do it but my body does different. I'm not gonna sweat a fork of cheese dip. Also I ran out of natty pb so I had 1 tbsp of regular but its a one time thing. The good thing to look at is my sister mad chocolate chip brownies with fronting! Didn't touch it.

Today is going real good I'm keeping it clean and eating everything as planned. Also my strength is definitely increasing. Things are going good plan on keeping it that way. Just need to make sure I do cardio tomorrow I've been bad lately commuting to cardio.
    Tb how is the plan going?

Good job Bigc, keep it up bro!

It's going great, I don't want to weird you out, but I want to explain why I didn't post it yesterday. I don't take cut and paste programs and just throw them up for anyone and everyone, I really try to get a feel for how I would treat you if you were a client here at my gym. So I looked back over your entire thread, all the pics and even your posts on other threads. Although I do have several "standard" programs, that are modified for specific clients in specific stages, I wanted to do you the greatest service. Then throughout last night and today I pictured having you here to train, it made me smile wickedly, like a mad scientist almost, probably a good thing you weren't here or you would strongly consider backing out of working with me. All that being said I believe your body would best respond, at this time, to a similar program to what I am doing right now. My current focus is on legs, and yours is going to be on back, this isn't a suggestion or point of discussion, you will perform this intensely and strictly for four weeks and then we will change it! A theory that we are using for your program during this period is this: you have a certain amount of energy you can expend during a week of training and only so many growth chemicals to be produced, pretend it's a video game and you only have 100 pts to spend during the week for your strength and size gains, if you spread this out over too many bodyparts you do not see the progress as much as you would if you spent a majority of them on a particular muscle group, so we are going to "maintain and shape" all other non-primary focus muscle groups and save the bulk of our points on the back. This being said you will hit back twice a week(arms too, since they are small enough muscle groups) and be performing primarily dumbbell exercises on all non-back muscle groups. I explain this all in an effort for you not to have to blindly question the reasoning (or apparant lack thereof) of the designed program.

Monday: Back/Biceps

Warm-up: 2 minutes jumping rope
    Back:
    Deadlift: 10x10's, after warm-up, use the same weight for all sets
    One-arm Dumbbell Rows: 5x20's
    Biceps: Standing Dumbbell curls: 3x20's

Tuesday: Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
    Warm-Up: 2 minutes jumping rope
    Flat Dumbbell Bench: 3x15
    Incline Dumbbell Bench: 3x15
    Dumbbell Military Press: 3x15
    Upright Rows: 3x25
    Triceps: One-Arm, reverse grip pull downs

Wednesday: Legs/abs
    Warm-Up: 2 minutes jumping rope
    Legs:
    Triple SuperSet: leg extensions/leg curls/toe extensions 3x25
    Abs:
    SuperSet: Bicycles/Toe Touches 3x21 (on the bicycles make sure the away leg is completely locked out and not touching the ground, go immediately into toe touches, this is lying on your back with the feet straight up toward the ceiling, rest while your partner does his set then start again)

Thursday: Back
    Warm-Up: 2 minuts jumping rope
    Bent Rows: 3x11
    Pull Downs: 3x11
    T-Bar Rows: 3x11

Friday: Arms/Abs
    Warm-Up: 2 minuts jumping rope
    SuperSet: Hammer Curls/Standing Triceps extensions (both with dumbbells) 3x11
    Abs: Crunches 3x21
    SuperSet: One Arm Preacher Curls/Dumbbell Skull Crushers 3x11
    Abs: Hanging Leg Raises(knees bent to chest) 3x21

Flex and pose at the end of each workout the muscle groups you worked that day.
    You may perform 20 minutes of cardio after every workout as a cool down, depending on your cardio you've done for the day.

Alright this sounds good tbody how long should I do this routine and what kind of cardio just lit. Also I'm not the best at jumping rope.I also would like to seriously thank you for taking this serious and takibg your tine to actually base a routine best fit for me that shows me you really care about the advise your giving.

You will do this routine for four weeks, then we will evaluate and see what(if anything) we need to change. As far as jumping rope, you will get better, if you have to start over 50 times in the two minutes I promise you it will improve almost daily, by the end of the four weeks you will be hitting it no problem, then we'll up it!

Okay thanks Tb. Do you think this will work with my partner too. He is probley gonna look at me like I'm retarded when we jump rope. Haha

I don't know his build, based on what you said it would be something different for him as well, which should cause growth for anyone. I know this, if anyone did this routine and didn't grow I certainly wouldn't understand why!

Okay. He is just kind of the opposite of me. Skinny but has muscle he weights 154 and is 5,8 bf is pretty low

Quote Originally Posted by bigcwithane View Post
    Okay. He is just kind of the opposite of me. Skinny but has muscle he weights 154 and is 5,8 bf is pretty low
    It will help him. Make him do it!

Hahaha I definitely will. Update for today is I couldn't do my fasted cardio because I was taking my asfab test for the army

I will Tb thanks for the routine it is very well appreciated.

Update for tues, couldn't do the morning am cardio because I had to take my asfab for the army

Alright I'm tryig hard to stay on this 2000 cal diet I really want to burn off this bodyfat, but his time around I need to be healthy about it( first time around I definitely went in starvation mode and burned up all my lbm, I would eat meals like carrots and thats it. Not good for hat I want to accomplish) and these three days have not been that bad(maybe because my binge on the weekend), but anyways I'm trying talking myself out of cheating, I'm a pb fanatic and my mom just made some peanut butter toast and I wanted it so bad, I wa so close to taking a finger full but then I just tapped on finger on the rim and walked away. I need to keep this up and get on my cardio and I'm sure in 6 weeks if everyday from here on out is solid and clean I will reach this goal.

Tb is it okay if I do barbell bench and incline instead of dumbbells, also is there any way we can Change it to a 8-12 rep instead of 15 my partner thinks we will loss all our strength we gained from the 5x5.
    Last edited by bigcwithane; 11-16-2010 at 06:01 PM.

Let me give you a word of advice which i've recently just taken myself - just stop buying peanut butter, or ask your mom to. If there's other people in the house who eat it, I understand, but if she just buys it as a 'staple' in the house, ask her not to. I am a PB fanatic too, and when it's here I just can't resist - so I am currently using up whatever I have left and then just not buying it anymore. I can't be trusted.

They all use it. I can't tell her not to buy the foods they want. But we were out of it for awhile and it truly helped.

Ugh, that sucks bro, I feel for you. Just looks like you're going to have to be strong! =)

Yeah, but I can do it. It never botherd me before.

Tb is it okay if I do barbell bench and incline instead of dumbbells, also is there any way we can Change it to a 8-12 rep instead of 15 my partner thinks we will loss all our strength we gained from the 5x5.
    No. The reason for this is so that you can only go really heavy on the back, which is what we are focusing on, you won't lose the strength of the other bodyparts, they will look better and all of the tie in and stabilizer muscles will benefit without taking the muscle building benefit away from what we are focusing on. So many other things involved, but again, we are only doing this for four weeks, you are also on restricted caloric intake, just trust me here, whatever you think you lose in strength I'll show you how to get it back quicker than ever when we change up the program, and even blow past your old strength levels.

Okay thanks Tb

Also my 1 rep max's are
    Bench-290
    Squat-375
    Deadlift-410

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    No. The reason for this is so that you can only go really heavy on the back, which is what we are focusing on, you won't lose the strength of the other bodyparts, they will look better and all of the tie in and stabilizer muscles will benefit without taking the muscle building benefit away from what we are focusing on. So many other things involved, but again, we are only doing this for four weeks, you are also on restricted caloric intake, just trust me here, whatever you think you lose in strength I'll show you how to get it back quicker than ever when we change up the program, and even blow past your old strength levels.
    what about using the barbell instead of the dumbbells

what about using the barbell instead of the dumbbells
    The barbell allows for you to lift too much weight, allows for the strong side to compensate for the weak, stabilizer muscles to not get as involved, etc..., etc..., etc... Program as designed!

Also my 1 rep max's are
    Bench-290
    Squat-375
    Deadlift-410
    Nothing to be ashamed of here!

Gottcha tb. Next week I'm gonna get this going.

Also my 1 rep max's are
    Bench-290
    Squat-375
    Deadlift-410
    I don't know my 1rm on anything other then bench, but i'm willing to be you got me beat! My bench 1rm was 315, but that was while I was on cycle. I'm a fvcking weakling! I deadlift 275 for reps!

I feel you gb honestly those maxs piss me off because it pretty much is just strength gaining back. If I would have ate properly the first time around everything would be way higher. But when I did that weight a long time ago I was also 225 lbs and played football

Gottcha tb. Next week I'm gonna get this going.
    Hardcore, baby, hardcore!

Just wanted to update I've been in Cleveland for a day in a half stuck in a hotel I packed protein but I've had to eat what I got I kept it healthy grilled salad and peanut packs so far. I'm pretty sure the army is gonna get us subway for lunch...better than than nothing

Just wanted to update I've been in Cleveland for a day in a half stuck in a hotel I packed protein but I've had to eat what I got I kept it healthy grilled salad and peanut packs so far. I'm pretty sure the army is gonna get us subway for lunch...better than than nothing

I'm stuck in Cleveland another night. Calories today were good just macros were f*ed up, had to much fat and not enough protein, probley because I had peanuts and nature valley bars but I just had a 1/4 rotisserre chicken I tried not to eat any skin so fat wasn't that much but I'm eating as healthy as possible

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information