GetSwole83 is offline Associate Member

Vegetarian BB diet

So, about 4 years ago (yes after I competed) I became a vegetarian. No I am not one of those holier than thou POS who screams at everyone everytime they so much as look at a chicken, I did it for health reasons. Anyway wondering if anyone has competed in BB while maintaining a vegetarian diet? I am more Ovo Vegetarian than anything. I try to stay away from cows milk as it upsets my stomach but do eat yogurt. Egg whites are the only eggs I eat. Any experiences/advice?

Thanks.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Do you eat fish? I work with a trainer who competed as a vegetarian in his younger days but he ate white fish. Really, I can't see you being able to match up with guys who are getting most of their protein via meat with only egg whites, powders, soy , and incomplete sources.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Um... bcaa from a protein shake.. depends on your weight class and age.. around here the over 40 group that compete are on stage at about 145 4-6% bf.. and off stage weights in the 170 range so that's not too hard on the body..

but no, i don't know of anyone, i know some claim, but you need the marbled muscle to get there..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

V-ROID is offline Member
    There is a vegan body building forum but I am not too impressed with it. Seems to piss a lot of people off here when you tell them you don't eat meat. It used to piss me off to hear that too. I was raised on hunting and ate everything you can imagine. Maybe that is why I stopped? Haven't eaten meat in 16 years. No dairy in 6 years. I still grill up steaks, burgers and chicken when people come over. Just bought a leather couch. Would shoot a dog right now just to prove I don't give an eff. lol... I still find ways to gets my carb/protein ratio in order but it aint as easy as a can of tuna and a chicken breast. Pea protein tastes worse than ass but is also high in AA's. Hemp protein aint too bad and hemp seeds. Of course loads of soy and peanut butter daily. But then again I have never competed. Wasn't Lee Haney a vegetarian? Andreas Cahling? I may go back to eating meat one day but dairy and eggs never.
    Last edited by V-ROID; 10-12-2010 at 05:34 PM.

Thread Information