BBronco is offline Junior Member

Harris Benedict Formula help

okay im trying to use the Harris Benedict Formula to figure my daily calorie needs, but i run into a snag when deciding on my weekely activity level, now does this activity level include weights sessions? and activity that i will be using to try and grow? or all other activity?

i for example play one game of touch rugby a week, and have 2, 1/2 hour mma trainings a week, this in my point of view would come under:
    - Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week)
    Calorie-Calculation = BMR X 1.375

but then if u count my workout days (4 day split, with plyos 2 times a week( which i am not doing atm but will be come cycle time)) its more of the:
    - If you are Very Active = BMR X 1.725 (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/week)
    Calorie-Calculation = BMR X 1.725

if anyone could help out thatd be much appreciated

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    remember that this formula gives you an estimate only, so the best thing to do is get a tight range to work in. For you i would start off in lightly active and work from there either increasing or decreasing calories as need be till you fine tuned where you need to be.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Quote Originally Posted by BBronco View Post
    okay im trying to use the Harris Benedict Formula to figure my daily calorie needs, but i run into a snag when deciding on my weekely activity level, now does this activity level include weights sessions? and activity that i will be using to try and grow? or all other activity?

i for example play one game of touch rugby a week, and have 2, 1/2 hour mma trainings a week, this in my point of view would come under:
    - Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week)
    Calorie-Calculation = BMR X 1.375

but then if u count my workout days (4 day split, with plyos 2 times a week( which i am not doing atm but will be come cycle time)) its more of the:
    - If you are Very Active = BMR X 1.725 (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/week)
    Calorie-Calculation = BMR X 1.725

if anyone could help out thatd be much appreciated
    Another member posted a better way IMO. take LBM then multiply it by 15. That is a good number to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    remember that this formula gives you an estimate only, so the best thing to do is get a tight range to work in. For you i would start off in lightly active and work from there either increasing or decreasing calories as need be till you fine tuned where you need to be.
    WTF you are still here?!

Thread Information