godshelmet is offline New Member

E-diet's and nutrisystem gourmet

here is the deal. i own a restaurant. we are a home style southern grill. fried chicken fried onion burgers fried everything more or less. the food is great business is great, im fat. its hard to be around food all day and not graze. i have been eating better since i started back working out but still not good enough.

and the last thing i want to do when i get home is cook. and im single so there is no gal to help me out with that. so im thinking about the frozen e-diets thing or the frozen gourmet nutrisystem. that they deliver to your house each week. not the regular crap. i think they they have a glycemic/lower carb option. it's not cheap so that would motivate me.

and it would be easy cause im pretty busy. so whats your take on this and would i just be better off picking up lean cusine's. i know some will say have some discipline but it's not that easy working in a place like this. it's like putting a reformed crackhead in a crack house. it's more about getting me in a routine of eating right and something thats easy to make. and the fact that is $400 a month is motivation. so does anyone know about this stuff

sirupate is offline Member
    I am on the regular Nutrisystem diet and find it is pretty convenient. My daily calorie intake is about 1500. I do some snacking on the weekend for college football games. I'm losing up to 2 lbs. per week. The frozen gourmet system probably has better tasting food...just more expense. I like Nutrisystem because they have made it easy for me to count calories. I doubt such a diet would ever be very popular around here...not enough protein. Still...I need to lose excess fat first (25 lbs)and this diet is getting me there. I figure when I get closer to goal weight, I'll add more protein calories.

I say if you can afford this diet, give it a try for several months. No cheating though. Then decide if you want to continue.

sirp

Thread Information