ImmortalTec is offline New Member

This is what my diet looks like - Any advise would be appreciated!

Hello everyone,

Ive been working out for about 7 months so far. I have put on a decent amount of muscle and also lost a good amount of body fat. I use to weigh 88 kgs (BF 27%) and now I weigh 75 kgs (BF 14.5%). Im about 5'8.

It seems like Ive hit a major plateau with losing body fat these days. I actually use to be 12% BF about 3 weeks ago but once I saw my abs I wanted to see how far I can push it with the food and cheating without gaining fat. In other words, I tried to slowly introduce unhealthy foods to my body and see if I can condition it not to gain fat. I went over board with it and ate what I wanted with a vengence. Like eating 5 chocolate bars at one sitting. Ok I guess I didnt try to "slowly introduce unhealthy foods to my body."

Anyway this is what my diet looks like:

Meal 1: 10 egg whites with mustard & hot sauce, grape fruit, original quacker oats 1 packet (no sugar)

Meal 2: 200 grams of turkey with one slice of whole wheat toast, maybe also a green apple.

Gym

Meal 3 PWO: 50 grams of whey protein (zero fat, zero carb) mixed with oatmeal.

Meal 4: 45 - 60 mins later- A bit over half a pound of chicken or fish. (Dont have a scale) With broccoli.

Meal 5: A decent amount of lean protein.

Meal 6: Same as meal 5.

So this is the diet part of it.

I lift weights 5-6 days per week. Usually do 20 minutes of HIIT Cardio, walking, or stair masters 3 times a week after weight training.

My goal is to drop body fat to be 10% or less and maintain that. Also to get my legs and calves bigger. Ive been training them hard and can lift heavy weights with good technique but seems like its one of my lagging muscles.

Any advise or tips would be greatly appreciated.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalTec View Post
    Hello everyone,

Ive been working out for about 7 months so far. I have put on a decent amount of muscle and also lost a good amount of body fat. I use to weigh 88 kgs (BF 27%) and now I weigh 75 kgs (BF 14.5%). Im about 5'8.

It seems like Ive hit a major plateau with losing body fat these days. I actually use to be 12% BF about 3 weeks ago but once I saw my abs I wanted to see how far I can push it with the food and cheating without gaining fat. In other words, I tried to slowly introduce unhealthy foods to my body and see if I can condition it not to gain fat. I went over board with it and ate what I wanted with a vengence. Like eating 5 chocolate bars at one sitting. Ok I guess I didnt try to "slowly introduce unhealthy foods to my body."

Anyway this is what my diet looks like:

Meal 1: 10 egg whites with mustard & hot sauce, grape fruit, original quacker oats 1 packet (no sugar)

Make it 2 whole, 6-8 white. Drop the grape fruit and do berries instead. How much oats is that in cps or grams? you should be doing 1/2 cup dry

Meal 2: 200 grams of turkey with one slice of whole wheat toast, maybe also a green apple.

What kind of turkey? 1 slice of whole wheat toast is a bad carb choice pre-workout, and not nearly enough carbs to fuel an intense workout. I'd do a sweet potato or some brown rice here

Gym

Meal 3 PWO: 50 grams of whey protein (zero fat, zero carb) mixed with oatmeal.

Good

Meal 4: 45 - 60 mins later- A bit over half a pound of chicken or fish. (Dont have a scale) With broccoli.

Add carbs

Meal 5: A decent amount of lean protein.

Carbs? Fats? Veggies?

Meal 6: Same as meal 5.

Same critique as meal 5 =)

And, what about a bedtime meal? No nutrients before you fast for several hours when your body actually recovers and grows?

So this is the diet part of it.

I lift weights 5-6 days per week. Usually do 20 minutes of HIIT Cardio, walking, or stair masters 3 times a week after weight training.

My goal is to drop body fat to be 10% or less and maintain that. Also to get my legs and calves bigger. Ive been training them hard and can lift heavy weights with good technique but seems like its one of my lagging muscles.

Any advise or tips would be greatly appreciated.
    It's tough to critique your diet when we have no numbers to work with. Do you know your maintenance calories? Do you have any idea how many calories your diet provides in a day? This is all important info. For now, some suggestions above in bold. To take it further, please post your diet next time to include macros for each meal in the form of protein/carbs/fat/total calories. Also time of day for each meal, and what time your workout is. You should probably be around 2000 calories/day, but that's a rough estimate.

ImmortalTec is offline New Member
    gbrice I dont know what my maintenance calories is and how many I should consume if I want my abs to show again. Dont know exactly how to calculate it. Neither do I know how many calories my diet provides a day. I find it way to hard to calculate how many calories I consume. Any suggestions?

Thanx for answering gbrice.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalTec View Post
    gbrice I dont know what my maintenance calories is and how many I should consume if I want my abs to show again. Dont know exactly how to calculate it. Neither do I know how many calories my diet provides a day. I find it way to hard to calculate how many calories I consume. Any suggestions?

Thanx for answering gbrice.
    Your maintenance calories are the amount of calories you need to eat in a day to neither gain nor lose weight. Also called your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure). To gain, you eat above your TDEE. To lose, you eat below. Well, it's not THAT simple - but that's the gist of it.

Google 'TDEE calculator' - the results are usually a bit exaggerated, but i'd like to see what it says for the hell of it.

As for your diet, if you don't know what kind of numbers you're consuming in a day, how can you expect to set a goal and reach it? You'd be taking a guess, and could be WAY off. I like to read the labels and calculate everything myself. Yes, it's a pain in the ass - but if you don't put in the work, you're not going to get very far. That's the harsh reality of it.

There are also websites to help with this. The 3 I like are fitday.com, calorieking.com, and livestrong.com

Good luck bro, let us know how you make out.

Thread Information