Thread: opinions please

Farbeyondriven is offline Junior Member

opinions please

Last edited by Farbeyondriven; 10-30-2010 at 01:34 PM.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Hey bro, congrats on the initial weight loss, you should be proud. What was your caloric intake when you lost that weight? 3000? Or did you start eating 3000 after you lost the weight? In any event - dropping from 3000 to 1600 is a DRASTIC cut, and IMO 1600 is too low for any man. You could very well throw yourself into starvation mode, where not only will your body cease to burn fat, but it will hoard and store any that it does get, while you lose LBM. So you might watch the scale and see that you're losing weight every week, but meanwhile your body composition is changing in exactly the way you DON'T want it to.

Based on your stats, i'm willing to bet 2000 calories/day would be a good starting point for you. Having said that, I need a more detailed diet layout, there's not much I can do with that. Time of day for each meal, every food item you're putting in your mouth, and proper macro info. Yes it's a pain in the ass and takes time, but it's worth the effort. Also, based on your total macros I think fats are too high - around 40g would be ideal IMO.

will get it up in a bit , sorry about the twin thread i f-ed up somehow.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    No worries, the site was fvcked for a while.

6am
    whey 27p 3c 4f
    eggwhts 18p 3c 0f
    almond milk 1p 2c 3.5f 1sug
    instant oats 7p 29c 3f 1sug
    banana 25 carb i think

lift and cardio

as soon as i walk out of gym dark matter 10p 48c 4f 10 sug
    1hour later 9am one whole egg 5p 1c 7f
    eggwts 18p 3c 0f
    whey/water 27p 3c 4f
    chopped peppers not sure on value

12p turkey burg 35p 2c 6f
    whole wheat bun 4p 19c 1f
    sometimes ff cheese 9p 2c 0f
    a few almonds to get fat up to 10 or so if needed

3p chicken breast 25p 0c 1.5f
    chopped peppers
    ff cheese 9 p 2c 0f
    little bit of whey or extra chicken to get the other 10p
    7-8 almonds .5p 1c 6f (ithink i dont have the bag anymore)

6p 40z top sirloin 40p oc 8f
    chopped peppers
    instant oats 7p 29c 3f

9p whey 40p 4.5c 6f
    7-8 almonds .5p 1c 6f
    or two bags tuna 36p 0c 2f
    7-8 almonds .5p 1c 6f
    i alternate meals alot and substitute things alot but try to end with the same values. but normally this is the foods i eat, i do eat stir fry and spinich salads and dont count the fiber carbs, try to use little ff free italian,

forgot to mention when i lost most of the weight it was a standard 2000 cal diet, not for bbing, and was not fun, lost some my way too, 1600 cal was when i was getting pissed off and trying anything,

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    I need a more detailed explanation of your goals, please. I am not the diet guru, gb is, I can help with a workout and some of the other things. Do not cycle until lower bodyfat. Posting your workout and some pics will help me as well.

congrats on the progress thus far and on posting here to make yourself accountable to others.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Farbeyondriven View Post
    6am
    whey 27p 3c 4f
    eggwhts 18p 3c 0f
    almond milk 1p 2c 3.5f 1sug
    instant oats 7p 29c 3f 1sug
    banana 25 carb i think Man, I don't wanna do the math for your cals/portions... You'd better appreciate this, you son of a bitch!
    You should eat a large portion of complex carbs to start the day and just more cals via complex carbs in general. Remove the banana and save it for PWO - go for a full dry-measured cup of oats and twice as many egg whites. Maybe a whole egg. Don't bother with a shake here. The almond milk is fairly harmless but cooking the oats in water is ideal.

lift and cardio

as soon as i walk out of gym dark matter 10p 48c 4f 10 sug Everyone puts the emphasis on PWO carbs. Have we become so focussed on this that protein (the basis of our organism) has been forgotten? Remove this supplement and have 1 scoop of good quality whey with a banana or a small portion of complex carbs such as 1/2 cup of oats. Really just whey would be fine since you're going to eat a real meal soon.

1hour later 9am one whole egg 5p 1c 7f
    eggwts 18p 3c 0f
    whey/water 27p 3c 4f This will be the third shake meal out of three. I'd add another whole egg and a few more whites instead. The peppers are fine. This meal is very skimp in general, add some complex carbs! The PWO "window of opportunity" is now and for a while longer still, the next few meals should be strong. What is this, like 120 calories? To continue losing to your goal at this point is all about balance as Gbrice implied. You can eat a good bit and still lose optimally by being a more efficient fat burning, muscle producing machine. 3/4 cup of oats or something.
    chopped peppers not sure on value

12p turkey burg 35p 2c 6f
    whole wheat bun 4p 19c 1f pretty poor carb source unless you're buying a special flourless brand from a health store. Go for non-processed carbs like oats, brown rice, lentils, sweet potatoes, etc. and eat more, maybe 30-40g.
    sometimes ff cheese 9p 2c 0f
    a few almonds to get fat up to 10 or so if needed No need

3p chicken breast 25p 0c 1.5f
    chopped peppers
    ff cheese 9 p 2c 0f
    little bit of whey or extra chicken to get the other 10p Some guys on here will tell you to eat more carbs in the following meals. I say add some here and call it a day. 30-40g complex.
    7-8 almonds .5p 1c 6f (ithink i dont have the bag anymore) remove

6p 40z top sirloin 40p oc 8f Here's where we'll continue with the no-carb trend. You've given yourself a nutrient transport system PWO and now it's time to burn fat. As a general rule, the removal of carbs after 3:00 PM will do wonders and is a better option than a low carb intake around workout time and directly after. No oats, add some veggies and 15 almonds.
    chopped peppers
    instant oats 7p 29c 3f

9p whey 40p 4.5c 6f
    7-8 almonds .5p 1c 6f
    or two bags tuna 36p 0c 2f
    7-8 almonds .5p 1c 6f Bad meal here. Fish and whey will digest too quickly to constitute a good pre-bed meal. You should swap this with your 6 PM dinner and have the steak here (slow digesting red meat). Also, no more shakes, just tuna and you can have a full serving of almonds, about 26 medium kernels.
    i alternate meals alot and substitute things alot but try to end with the same values. but normally this is the foods i eat, i do eat stir fry and spinich salads and dont count the fiber carbs, try to use little ff free italian,
    Cals needed to come up to around 2000 at least, so I tried to do that. I also raised carbs early in the day and restructured things based on the ingredients that seem available to you. Really need specific goals, workout, and some more specific stats to help further.

wow thanks for the reply you guys, yes i definitely appreciate it, i dont feel completely lost but for sure on the wrong track, sorry for not posting exactly what you needed to help, goal is to get as lean as i can then worry about bulking or cycles, for a goal under 200 for sure, maybe more if my body will let me, lately is been sayin f you! starting sun i stoped lifting to rest my shoulder and been doing cardio every morning fourty min on empty stomach, tread mill 3 to 4% grade 6-6.5 mph with a few rests ending up around 3.5 miles 6-700 cal burned, heart rate doesnt go higher than 160 doing this and returns to about 110 inside three minutes, this morning i did a three miles in thirty minutes which i would call a all time best so far, I also swiched my diet to 255p 155c 40f at 2000calories for the day, which is 42.5p 25.8c 6.6f per meal six times daily every three hours which is much closer to what gbrice was hinting to. ditched the fancy supplements and eating only the cleanest food i can with 90% fiberous carbs rather than starchy and am already down to 221lbs as of yesterday, I have to say that alone did alot for my confidence and mood. So i dont know, I dont want to shun away your advice so should i stick with this for a while and ride it for whatever it will give me or try to start over with your advice? I was thinking of posting a pic and embarrass myself but need to get a hold of a camera. honestly it doesnt matter to me how i get there, but im gonna get there, tired of being a turd. And thanks again.

Thread Information