Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    FirstTimeRage is offline Associate Member

First real cut - Need lots of advice

Okay so here's the current stats

22 years old
    5'8
    180 lbs
    15-16% bodyfat

I Have tried to diet and get a lower bodyfat several times, I just cant get it right.

Im assuming my dieting fails because I under estimate the amount of calories my body needs to efficiently lose weight and still have energy.

Before i go ahead and try to post a diet up, Can anyone tell me the amount of calories I should be taking in?

I have a very stationary job, sitting for the majority of the day.

I workout 4-5 times per week.

my plan for working out during this cut is to focus on compound movements, not so much isolating the smaller muscles. (is this okay?)

for example -

Monday - chest:
    Flat bench - 3x8
    Incline dumbell press - 3x8
    Dips untill failure x 3
    Cardio after workout (30 mins) medium intensity

Tuesday - off (cardio 30 minutes) abs

Wednesday - Legs:
    Squats 5x8
    Leg press 3x8
    leg curls 3x8
    Calf raises 3x8

Thursday - off (cardio 30 minutes) Biceps/Triceps

Friday - Back:
    Deadlift - 5x8
    Lat pulldown - 3x8
    Rows - 3x8
    abs/core
    Cardio 30 mins

Saturday - Off

Sunday - Cardio 1 hour medium-low intensity / Delts

thanks in advance I look forward to getting this going, of course there will be pictures along the way.
    Last edited by FirstTimeRage; 11-08-2010 at 05:19 PM.

charcold is offline Associate Member
    Just google a TDEE calculator, and use it to get your calories, thats gotta be your start.

Quote Originally Posted by charcold View Post
    Just google a TDEE calculator, and use it to get your calories, thats gotta be your start.
    they all tell me something different. does 2946 cals to maintain seem right?

charcold is offline Associate Member
    sounds pretty high to me, I would guess around 2500ish. My observations of my TDEE, from calcs, and gains, is 2600ish. Im 22yo and around 180ish.

As well as the stickies, and old threads here, should give you good direction in a starter diet

bigslick7878 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeRage View Post
    they all tell me something different. does 2946 cals to maintain seem right?
    Too high. many people overestimate their activity level causing false TDEE numbers.

To cut you need to be around 2200calories, your maintenance is probably around 2500-2600 or so.

Lean Meat. Complex carbs. Whey. Chicken breast is what you should be eating.

Lots of AM cardio on empty 5 days x 60 minutes minimum.

4 day split with biceps and tri in there somewhere, yes you need to work them separately. You are not working your largest group of muscles shoulders enough either. Actually looking back at it your entire workout schedule sucks.
    Last edited by bigslick7878; 11-07-2010 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigslick7878 View Post
    Too high. many people overestimate their activity level causing false TDEE numbers.

To cut you need to be around 2200calories, your maintenance is probably around 2500-2600 or so.

Lean Meat. Complex carbs. Whey. Chicken breast is what you should be eating.

Lots of AM cardio on empty 5 days x 60 minutes minimum.
    I cant do empty stomach cardio so thats why I put it in after my workout.

I cannot function without food i get migranes and shit.

Im going to work on making a 2200 calorie diet now and I will get it up ASAP

8:30 am out of bed
    Meal 1:
    1 whole large egg
    150g egg white
    1 slice spelt bread
    241/26/23/5

12:30
    Meal 2:
    4 oz Tuna
    1/2 cup oats plain with water
    250/27/27/5

3:30 Pre workout
    meal 3:
    Shake-2 scoops whey and water
    2000mg fish oil
    442/57/39/8

workout 4:00

5:30
    Post workout Meal 4:
    2000mg fish oil
    442/57/39/8

6:30
    Meal 5: 4 oz tuna 1/2 cup brown rice (1 cup cooked) (a little chicken boulean)
    250/25/34/4

9:30
    Meal 6: 6oz Grilled chicken breast & 2 cups green vegetables
    225/36/8/4

12:00 before bed
    Meal 7: ON Casein shake - 1 scoop w/ water / 1tbsp natty pb
    225/29/8/9

257 g Protein 178 g Carbs 43g Fat

2127 calories total

(thanks to - first6 - for making an almost identical diet to what i needed! )
    Last edited by FirstTimeRage; 11-07-2010 at 06:53 PM.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I agree with Base in that TDEE calculators often over estimate the amount of calories a person needs. Based on your stats, i've calculated you at around 2300 for maintenance. With that, I would start the cut at 2000 and see how that goes. If i'm close to accurate, 2200 is still too high to be a real cut. Just something to think about, this is your call.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    I agree with Base in that TDEE calculators often over estimate the amount of calories a person needs. Based on your stats, i've calculated you at around 2300 for maintenance. With that, I would start the cut at 2000 and see how that goes. If i'm close to accurate, 2200 is still too high to be a real cut. Just something to think about, this is your call.
    I am going to start with my 2127 cal diet, I will lower it as needed.

I am on 100mcg t3, 400mg test and 600mg eq at the moment.

If I don't start seeing or feeling results then I will start to reduce calorie intake more. I really don't want to burn out this time and stop half way.

Slow and steady... plus I can always just add in more cardio to compensate for the extra 127 calories no?

If I don't start seeing or feeling results then I will start to reduce calorie intake more. I really don't want to burn out this time and stop half way.

Slow and steady... plus I can always just add in more cardio to compensate for the extra 127 calories no?
    You should have probably mentioned that earlier. I will save the lecture.

You should have probably mentioned that earlier. I will save the lecture.
    Probably, I was trying to avoid the "don't take gear you are 22"

I read up on your latest edit,

"4 day split with biceps and tri in there somewhere, yes you need to work them separately. You are not working your largest group of muscles shoulders enough either. Actually looking back at it your entire workout schedule sucks. "

I would like to hear from other people as well on this subject, I thought that during this cutting phase I should focus on movements that will expend the most amount of energy.

I understand that you need to continuously work your muscles in order to keep the strength and size during a cut. However I will work my biceps, triceps and shoulders through my major presses and pulls... is that not enough?

I just don't see a point lifting one arm at a time doing curls when I could be doing compound movements instead.

anyone else chime in on this please?

Probably, I was trying to avoid the "don't take gear you are 22"

I read up on your latest edit,

"4 day split with biceps and tri in there somewhere, yes you need to work them separately. You are not working your largest group of muscles shoulders enough either. Actually looking back at it your entire workout schedule sucks. "

I would like to hear from other people as well on this subject, I thought that during this cutting phase I should focus on movements that will expend the most amount of energy.

I understand that you need to continuously work your muscles in order to keep the strength and size during a cut. However I will work my biceps, triceps and shoulders through my major presses and pulls... is that not enough?

You see these are the very basic things you should figure out...before you go the AAS route.

I just don't see a point lifting one arm at a time doing curls when I could be doing compound movements instead.

anyone else chime in on this please?
    If you are going to be on cycle you need to be crushing it volume and intensity wise with the weights, you can handle it all jacked up.

For example, when I am on I do roughly 25 sets for chest, 28 for shoulders, 24 for back, 24 for legs, 16 biceps and 14 triceps. All with one minute in between sets and workout around 50-55 min total. Once every 5-6 days per muscle. take advantage while you are on, train long......and hard. You are doing neither. Your recovery time is nothing on test and eq and you should have no fear of overtraining for the most part.

And once again, no it is not enough to get your minor muscles worked out from "other" body parts working. I would have a specific day for bi/tri or add one of each onto the end of a major muscle workout for a split. Hell I can't even find where you are working your shoulders...at all. Not even a basic overhead shoulder press or anything?? How do you figure your front shoulders are getting work??? They are not.

Your workout sucks and it needs to be revised especially if that is what you are doing while on a cycle. Matter of fact it is terrible for whatever you are ingesting AAS or not.

Ok, I didn't realize the gear was in the mix. You'll probably be fine. But yes, you can burn those additional calories via cardio - in fact, i recommend that over caloric deficit any day.

If you are going to be on cycle you need to be crushing it volume and intensity wise with the weights, you can handle it all jacked up.

For example, when I am on I do roughly 25 sets for chest, 28 for shoulders, 24 for back, 24 for legs, 16 biceps and 14 triceps. All with one minute in between sets and workout around 50-55 min total. Once every 5-6 days per muscle. take advantage while you are on, train long......and hard. You are doing neither. Your recovery time is nothing on test and eq and you should have no fear of overtraining for the most part.

And once again, no it is not enough to get your minor muscles worked out from "other" body parts working. I would have a specific day for bi/tri or add one of each onto the end of a major muscle workout for a split. Hell I can't even find where you are working your shoulders...at all. Not even a basic overhead shoulder press or anything?? How do you figure your front shoulders are getting work??? They are not.

Your workout sucks and it needs to be revised especially if that is what you are doing while on a cycle. Matter of fact it is terrible for whatever you are ingesting AAS or not.
    When bulking I work every muscle group.

Anyway I will add in bi's and tri's on my thursday cardio day, and then shoulders on sunday before cardio.

as for sets/reps, I usually throw in 1 more exercise depending on what I am feeling needs to be worked more. So I really get in another 3-4 sets. Same goes for cardio, If I feel I have enough time and enough energy then I will continue going.

Thanks for the advice guys I had my first meal this morning, now I am going to go out shopping for the food I will need

Pics up soon..

Current Morning weigh in : 179
    Last edited by FirstTimeRage; 11-08-2010 at 05:15 PM.

When bulking I work every muscle group.

Anyway I will add in bi's and tri's on my thursday cardio day, and then shoulders on sunday before cardio.

as for sets/reps, I usually throw in 1 more exercise depending on what I am feeling needs to be worked more. So I really get in another 3-4 sets in. Same goes for cardio, If I feel I have enough time and enough energy then I will continue going.

Thanks for the advice guys I had my first meal this morning, now I am going to go out shopping for the food I will need

Pics up soon..

Current Morning weigh in : 179
    Much better schedule.

Keep us updated.

Revised diet, took the carbs down fat up. greatly reduced carbs after 7:00

50% protein 25% carbs 25% fats

8:30 am out of bed
    Meal 1:
    1 whole large egg
    1/2 cup egg white
    1 slice spelt bread
    (multi vitamin time released)
    (t3 50mcg)
    235/23/20/7

12:30
    Meal 2:
    4 oz Tuna (1/2 tbsp olive oil)
    1/3 cup oats plain with water
    305/34/21/9.5

3:30 Pre workout
    meal 3:
    2000mg fish oil
    402/54/33/6

workout 4:00

6:00 pm
    Post workout Meal 4:
    2000mg fish oil
    (t3 50mcg)
    402/54/33/6

7:00
    Meal 5: 4 oz tuna 2 cup green veggies 1/2 tbsp butter
    270/35/10/10

9:30
    Meal 6: 5oz Grilled chicken breast & 2 cups green vegetables (1/2 tbsp butter)
    287/36/10/11.5

12:00pm before bed
    Meal 7: ON Casein shake - 1 scoop w/ water / 1tbsp natty pb
    210/28/6/8

264 prot 133 carbs 58g fat

2110 cals

Okay so I weighed in This morning at 172.4

I feel that I have lost a lot of water, my face leaned out due to this...

Week 1 - successfull

Tonight is my cheat meal night and I am going to go have some nachos at the bar with some friends (no beer cause I'm a loser and don't want to cheat too much)

I did not post mondays pictures because I looked worse then I thought I did, (mirrors lie to me) and the picture wasn't what I wanted to see.

I did however save them for posting near the end of all this, When I also have some decent pictures to post. Then I wont be so ashamed of how much I let myself go to begin with.

cue_artist is offline Associate Member
    If I were you, I would of saved the cycle for bulking...
    Goodluck bro

I have lots of time ahead of me to bulk. I am on TRT for when I come off cycle, 200mg test C per week. I make decent gains when bulking on just that.

my diet was awful for the past few months, it was like an unplanned spontaneous dirty dirty bulk. Lots of food but no form of knowing how much protein carbs or fats I was taking in.

I was very busy with getting my business up and running.

My goal is to not lose any muscle while doing this cut and that is why I added in the tren / eq / 200 more mg test.

is 200 mg tren per week enough for a bulk? It is tren enenthate so I don't receive the full 200mg...

Okay so I weighed in This morning at 172.4

I feel that I have lost a lot of water, my face leaned out due to this...

Week 1 - successfull

Tonight is my cheat meal night and I am going to go have some nachos at the bar with some friends (no beer cause I'm a loser and don't want to cheat too much)

I did not post mondays pictures because I looked worse then I thought I did, (mirrors lie to me) and the picture wasn't what I wanted to see.

I did however save them for posting near the end of all this, When I also have some decent pictures to post. Then I wont be so ashamed of how much I let myself go to begin with.
    Diet's looking pretty good bro, i'd rather see olive oil then butter, but the rest of the diet is pretty on point so i'm not going to nit pick with you if you really like using the butter.

LoL @ the beer comment - I know how you feel! I sat around with a puss on my face at lunch today while the rest of my team ate 5 pizza's that our company treated us to.

Diet's looking pretty good bro, i'd rather see olive oil then butter, but the rest of the diet is pretty on point so i'm not going to nit pick with you if you really like using the butter.

LoL @ the beer comment - I know how you feel! I sat around with a puss on my face at lunch today while the rest of my team ate 5 pizza's that our company treated us to.
    Ahhh thats awful. My girlfriend makes my diet hard, she gets mad because I never want to go out and eat anymore, we were accustomed to going out and eating at a restaurant at-least once a day.

Ahhh thats awful. My girlfriend makes my diet hard, she gets mad because I never want to go out and eat anymore, we were accustomed to going out and eating at a restaurant at-least once a day.
    Wow, once a day! We were accustomed to once a week, but yea my wife is annoyed too. I'm too straight now, can't eat shit, can't drink shit, can't do shit, and sit around talking about this shit all day lol. FML

tjax03 is offline Associate Member

This is not necessarily true. I agree with you that intensity should be high, but not everyone benefits the most from high volume training. Just think about the differences between the training of Dorian Yates and Arnold. Different routines benefit different people, we all need to find what works best for each of us.

Wow I was a glutten last night.

Scale this morning 174.4

Assuming that's stored water due to the excess amount of salt I ate. No possible way I gained 2 pounds (6000 calories)

anyway I am going to hit the gym today and see if I can make myself feel better about that

I have alot more energy this time around then I did on my last cut diet, I don't see this flopping any time soon.

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    Wow, once a day! We were accustomed to once a week, but yea my wife is annoyed too. I'm too straight now, can't eat shit, can't drink shit, can't do shit, and sit around talking about this shit all day lol. FML

im with you guys. my GF hates it. but she knows deep down i want this. plus she'll be happy in the long run.

im going out to eat once a week and thats all. no beer or anything. still try and get something healthy when out though

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Wow, cycling at your age, what a waste. Okay, got that out of my system.

Did Slick say shoulders are the largest muscle group???

You are undertraining, especially on cycle, your body is recovering way quicker than you are re-challenging it, a push/pull routine would work better or run your three day routine, one day off, then start over, add two shoulder and two tricep exercises, one mass and one shaping, on chest day, add two bi exercises, one mass and one shaping, on back day.

You asked for others to weigh in on this, so there's a few thoughts about how to keep muscle while on this cutting phase.

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    Wow, cycling at your age, what a waste. Okay, got that out of my system.

Did Slick say shoulders are the largest muscle group??? I caught that too... Just decided not to say anything.

You are undertraining, especially on cycle, your body is recovering way quicker than you are re-challenging it, a push/pull routine would work better or run your three day routine, one day off, then start over, add two shoulder and two tricep exercises, one mass and one shaping, on chest day, add two bi exercises, one mass and one shaping, on back day.

You asked for others to weigh in on this, so there's a few thoughts about how to keep muscle while on this cutting phase.
    Yeah I am going to re-asses my whole workout routine tomorrow I think, 3 on 1 off 3 on 1 off etc.

I didn't think I would be recovering as quick as I am while eating less then needed to maintain my weight.

I WAS WRONG - even this low dose tren is making me feel like god.

speaking of which, I never had tren cough before. I was taking up to 500 mg a week on a previous cycle.

This time around with ATLAS pharm tren I am coughing every injection... a good 4-5 minutes of unattainable breath, coughing sweating and going completely red.

Maybe it is extremely overdosed? any thoughts on that one?

Also confused on massing exercises and shaping exercises..
    Last edited by FirstTimeRage; 11-13-2010 at 05:30 PM.

Yeah I am going to re-asses my whole workout routine tomorrow I think, 3 on 1 off 3 on 1 off etc.

I didn't think I would be recovering as quick as I am while eating less then needed to maintain my weight.

I WAS WRONG - even this low dose tren is making me feel like god.

speaking of which, I never had tren cough before. I was taking up to 500 mg a week on a previous cycle.

This time around with ATLAS pharm tren I am coughing every injection... a good 4-5 minutes of unattainable breath, coughing sweating and going completely red.

Maybe it is extremely overdosed? any thoughts on that one?

Also confused on massing exercises and shaping exercises..
    Don't have any idea about the coughing, never experienced it or even heard of it. I think you will like the 3 on 1 off split.

Mass exercises for arms work all the heads, are usually(but not always) exercises which involve using both arms, examples:

Shoulders- Military Press and Shrugs
    Triceps- narrow grip bench, dips, skull-crushers, push-downs with any two handed handle(straight-bar, v-bar, rope)
    Biceps- Barbell curls (personal favorite), ez-curl bar curls, hammer curls, rope curls, preacher curls with barbell or ez-curl bar

shaping exercises, also could be stretching exercises(depends on the bodypart) would be exercises that focus more on one head then the other or more of a contraction for a head, examples:

Shoulders- dumbbell raises, any direction, dumbbell presses especially if brought together at the top or rotated(be very careful with this)
    Triceps- reverse grip anything(skull crushers, push downs), one arm push downs, dumbbell triceps extensions(standing, sitting or lying)
    Biceps- any dumbbell curl where you suppinate your wrist(turn your pinkie into your mid-line), including standing, sitting, concentration or preacher curl(personal favorite, I prefer to use an incline bench for this while standing)

I personally think Upright Rows fall into both categories and perform them on shoulder day, absolutely without fail, they tie the shoulders into the neck and the upper back as well, just a huge fan.

Hope this helps, if you want some specific suggestions for a routine, I'd be glad to do so.

Don't have any idea about the coughing, never experienced it or even heard of it. I think you will like the 3 on 1 off split.

Mass exercises for arms work all the heads, are usually(but not always) exercises which involve using both arms, examples:

Shoulders- Military Press and Shrugs
    Triceps- narrow grip bench, dips, skull-crushers, push-downs with any two handed handle(straight-bar, v-bar, rope)
    Biceps- Barbell curls (personal favorite), ez-curl bar curls, hammer curls, rope curls, preacher curls with barbell or ez-curl bar

shaping exercises, also could be stretching exercises(depends on the bodypart) would be exercises that focus more on one head then the other or more of a contraction for a head, examples:

Shoulders- dumbbell raises, any direction, dumbbell presses especially if brought together at the top or rotated(be very careful with this)
    Triceps- reverse grip anything(skull crushers, push downs), one arm push downs, dumbbell triceps extensions(standing, sitting or lying)
    Biceps- any dumbbell curl where you suppinate your wrist(turn your pinkie into your mid-line), including standing, sitting, concentration or preacher curl(personal favorite, I prefer to use an incline bench for this while standing)

I personally think Upright Rows fall into both categories and perform them on shoulder day, absolutely without fail, they tie the shoulders into the neck and the upper back as well, just a huge fan.

Hope this helps, if you want some specific suggestions for a routine, I'd be glad to do so.
    Ill take all suggestions, what would your routine look like?

Craiginator is offline New Member
    You look like your doing a really good job bro. \M/

day 1 :

Chest:

Flat bench 3x10
    Incline dumbell press 3x10
    Cable cross overs 3x10
    Dips Until failure x2

Triceps:

Cable pulldowns 3x12
    Reverse grip cable pulldowns 3x12

Shoulders:

Dumbell press 3x12
    Lateral raises 3x8 (that shit kills)
    upright rows 3x10

Cardio 30 minutes

Day 2:

Legs:

Squats 5x12
    Leg press 3x12
    Leg curls 3x12
    standing calf raises 3x30
    seated calf raises 3x10

Abs: I work them... not sure what to call all the stuff I do lol.

Day 3:

Back:

Deadlifts 5x12
    Seated Rows 3x12
    Lat pull downs 3x12
    close grip chinups till failure x2

Biceps:

Barbell curls 3x12
    Dumbell curls wrist turns inwards at top of movement (hit the peak) 3x12

Cardio 30 mins

day 4: off (cardio 30 min)

repeat 1-3

Stopping the tren and staying on the eq/test/t3
    Last edited by FirstTimeRage; 11-14-2010 at 10:31 PM.

day 1 :

Chest:

Flat bench 3x10
    Incline dumbell press 3x10
    Cable cross overs 3x10
    Dips Until failure x2

Triceps:

Cable pulldowns 3x12
    Reverse grip cable pulldowns 3x12

Shoulders:

Dumbell press 3x12
    Lateral raises 3x8 (that shit kills)
    upright rows 3x10

Cardio 30 minutes
    this works, I'd put shoulders before triceps though

Day 2:

Legs:

Squats 5x12
    Leg press 3x12
    Leg curls 3x12
    standing calf raises 3x30
    seated calf raises 3x10

Abs: I work them... not sure what to call all the stuff I do lol.

change your leg curls to stiff legged deads, much more effective for the hams
    Day 3:

Back:

Deadlifts 5x12
    Seated Rows 3x12
    Lat pull downs 3x12
    close grip chinups till failure x2

Biceps:

Barbell curls 3x12
    Dumbell curls wrist turns inwards at top of movement (hit the peak) 3x12

Cardio 30 mins

beautiful
    day 4: off (cardio 30 min)

repeat 1-3

Stopping the tren and staying on the eq/test/t3
    Suggestions in bold above.
    I love this plan and think you will too. Stick with this for 7 weeks, or until you are done with your cycle, then post some new pics and we'll see what we need to adjust.

Switched the triceps and shoulders, I dont know how I will feel about doing deads 2 days in a row though...

Im not sure how much energy I will have after each workout for cardio, I know its best to do cardio on an empty stomach in the morning or after your workout when you want to lose weight.

I can fit 30 minutes high intensity cardio at 11:00, this is 2 1/2 hours after my first meal. I would finish at 11:30, then wait 30 minutes and eat.

Is this going to show the same results? I assume that after 2 1/2 hours from a small 235 calorie meal I would have an empty stomach.

Switched the triceps and shoulders, I dont know how I will feel about doing deads 2 days in a row though...

Im not sure how much energy I will have after each workout for cardio, I know its best to do cardio on an empty stomach in the morning or after your workout when you want to lose weight.

I can fit 30 minutes high intensity cardio at 11:00, this is 2 1/2 hours after my first meal. I would finish at 11:30, then wait 30 minutes and eat.

Is this going to show the same results? I assume that after 2 1/2 hours from a small 235 calorie meal I would have an empty stomach.
    Other than the name, if performed properly, there is nothing in common between regular deads and stiff legged. The weight used for stiff legged is very low comparatively speaking and the key is to push your butt toward the back wall when you lower the weight on the stiff legged deads, do this completely controlled while keeping your abs tight and you will only notice it in the hams.

Obviously you won't experience the same results as fasted cardio first thing in the am, but do what you can when you can, IMO.

I guess I will try the stiff legged deadlifts tomorrow.

I am seeing big improvements on bodyfat, I think pictures will be good to go this sunday or the following sunday.

Did the 30 minutes cardio at 11:30 today

went to the gym at 4:00 did the new routine (It felt great, my workout partner almost puked.)

then 10 more minutes cardio after the workout.

For now I dont have enough energy after the workout to do the cardio so I will stick to 11:00 cardio.

I will keep trying to push post workout cardio as much as I can, maybe it will be easier on back day.

I have CLEN on hand, I am willing to use it if I start to see stagnant progress.

this cut may only need to go on for another 4 weeks, then time for clean bulking.

EDIT: I forgot to add what weights i used today

Chest:

Flat bench 3x10 185lbs
    Incline dumbell press 3x12 55lbs
    Cable cross overs 3x10 80lbs
    Dips Until failure x2 got to 10 dips each time

Shoulders: (I rarrrreeeelllyyy worked shoulders till now so don't laugh, plus they were already hurtin' from chest)

Dumbell press 3x12 50lbs
    Lateral raises 3x12 20lbs
    upright rows 3x12 70lbs bar

Triceps:

Cable pulldowns 3x12 70lbs
    Reverse grip cable pulldowns 3x12 50lbs

Im so used to training in the 3x8 routine, 3x12 seems to be kicking my ass... or maybe I am just getting weaker because I am in calorie deficit mode... who knows.
    Last edited by FirstTimeRage; 11-15-2010 at 05:24 PM.

I guess I will try the stiff legged deadlifts tomorrow.

I am seeing big improvements on bodyfat, I think pictures will be good to go this sunday or the following sunday.

Did the 30 minutes cardio at 11:30 today

went to the gym at 4:00 did the new routine (It felt great, my workout partner almost puked.)

then 10 more minutes cardio after the workout.

For now I dont have enough energy after the workout to do the cardio so I will stick to 11:00 cardio.

I will keep trying to push post workout cardio as much as I can, maybe it will be easier on back day.

I have CLEN on hand, I am willing to use it if I start to see stagnant progress.

this cut may only need to go on for another 4 weeks, then time for clean bulking.

EDIT: I forgot to add what weights i used today

Chest:

Flat bench 3x10 185lbs
    Incline dumbell press 3x12 55lbs
    Cable cross overs 3x10 80lbs
    Dips Until failure x2 got to 10 dips each time

Shoulders: (I rarrrreeeelllyyy worked shoulders till now so don't laugh, plus they were already hurtin' from chest)

Dumbell press 3x12 50lbs
    Lateral raises 3x12 20lbs
    upright rows 3x12 70lbs bar

Triceps:

Cable pulldowns 3x12 70lbs
    Reverse grip cable pulldowns 3x12 50lbs

Im so used to training in the 3x8 routine, 3x12 seems to be kicking my ass... or maybe I am just getting weaker because I am in calorie deficit mode... who knows.
    don't stress about the post workout cardio, more of a cool down process, IMO.

Nothing to be ashamed of with 50lb db's on shoulder presses.

I forgot to explain the crucial form of upright rows, sorry, in the future always perform them like this, keep your knees bent slightly to avoid cheating, pull the bar up to under the chin, your elbows should go straight out, pause at the top, lower the weight completely controlled and do not go below the belly button, keep the weight in so close to your body during the entire range of motion that you are almost touching throughout. This keeps constant tension on the traps and should make you want to vomit, I only say this because 70lbs is a lot of weight for a self claimed, "not experienced at training shoulders guy", if performed this way. I'm glad to hear the workout is causing some new feelings and good to hear that whatever the reason you are experiencing difficulty. Asking our body to do things it currently isn't capable of is what causes growth.

Feel like I am getting sick, soar throat coming on possibly... such bad timing.. ugh.

today went well,
    30 mins cardio in the morning
    squats 5x12 185 lbs
    forget the weight of all the other exercises, figured the squats would give everyone an idea of leg development, not sure if that's good or bad. I feel as if I could have used a 45 and 35 per side rather then 45 and 25.

Just looking forward to Friday... unlimited shrimp at red lobster.

as for the upright rows, I was dropping the bar right down to my crotch area every rep. On Friday I will fix that and keep it above my bellybutton and see how that feels.

Anyone else find they are very grumpy when cutting?
    Last edited by FirstTimeRage; 11-16-2010 at 07:21 PM.

Anyone else find they are very grumpy when cutting?
    My wife says "AMEN"

My wife says "AMEN"
    169.5 weigh in this morning - I really didn't want to go this low in weight :S I think 165 will be where I stop, I can't picture myself any smaller it is depressing lol.

169.5 weigh in this morning - I really didn't want to go this low in weight :S I think 165 will be where I stop, I can't picture myself any smaller it is depressing lol.
    I'm not allowed to weigh this week, cause I'd be freaking out like you, I get more and more compliments every single week on how big I look and how good I look, I don't care if I weigh 165lbs, I'm going for the look, most people guess me over 200lbs when I weigh 185lbs, because you look bigger leaner. Throw away the scale(or at least put it in a room you don't have the key too for 30 days)!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information