Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bulking Diet

tsr183 is offline Junior Member

Bulking Diet

Would someone mind giving me some help with my diet. My current stats are 6'2'' 240ish pounds with 17-18%bf. Goal is gaining as much muscle as possible (Bulking diet). My current diet is as follows. Can you tell me if theres stuff i need to add or take away? Im currently trying for 30%protein 50%carbs 20%fats... Any advice welcomed! Thank You!

Meal-1
    Liquid egg whites 50g protein
    6 whole wheat english muffins 150g carbs

Meal-2
    6oz chicken breast
    3tbsb olive oil

Meal-3
    Liquid Egg whites 50g protein
    Cyto Carb 150g carbs

Meal-4
    Chicken 6 oz
    Peanut butter

Meal-5
    Liquid Egg whites 50 g protein

Meal-6
    Casein shake
    Peanut butter or olive oil

Is there anything I need to add or take away for wanting to gain as much muscle as possible?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    The only advice i'd offer at this point is that at 17-18% bodyfat, why is the word bulk even in your vocabulary? You're sure to put on even more fat with a bulk and I don't think you will be happy with the end result. Just my .02, obviously this is your call.

PS - the diet isn't very good in either case, bulk or otherwise.

gbrice75, I did my bf with one of the hand held bf machines. My top 4 abs show just not the lower two and I have decent vascualrity if that paints a better picture. And guys if this diet isn't good please tell me what I need to do to change it. I really want to do this right this time so any advice throw it at me with the goal in mind of a clean bulk...

bigslick7878 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tsr183 View Post
    Would someone mind giving me some help with my diet. My current stats are 6'2'' 240ish pounds with 17-18%bf. Goal is gaining as much muscle as possible (Bulking diet). My current diet is as follows. Can you tell me if theres stuff i need to add or take away? Im currently trying for 30%protein 50%carbs 20%fats... Any advice welcomed! Thank You!

Meal-1

Meal-2
    6oz chicken breast
    3tbsb olive oil

Meal-3
    Cyto Carb 150g carbs

Meal-4
    Chicken 6 oz
    Peanut butter

Meal-5

Meal-6
    Casein shake
    Peanut butter or olive oil

Is there anything I need to add or take away for wanting to gain as much muscle as possible?
    I will try to help a little bit.

1.English muffins have no use in any type of diet, much less 6 of them. How about a complex carb instead of 150grams of junk carbs? Why are you eating 150grams of carbs in one meal anyway?

2. Chicken breast should be 8-10 ounces if you are bulking it is as clean a protein source as you are going to get. 6 oz is a cutting portion. Again, no quality carbs in there. Green vegetable and another complex carb like sweet potatoe or brown rice.

3. Another 150grams of carbs in one meal, along with the same exact protein source as meal 1. Variety is the spice of life, find a different protein source. I guess this is a PWO meal with all those carbs at least I hope so.

4. Chicken should be up to 8-10 ounces, and I can't see where there are any good complex carbs again......oh wait there are none. Are you bulking or what? You need carbs to grow.

5.More liquid egg whites, find a lean meat product instead. Again with the English muffins, we are up to 12 now in a day. But we got another 150grams of carbs in! Your carbs need to be spread out evenly over your meals not feast or famine like you have here. Get rid of the English muffins, and put a complex carb in....with a lean meat.....in every meal.

6.No problem with this assuming it is close to bed time.
    Last edited by bigslick7878; 11-08-2010 at 03:13 PM.

bigslick7878 with the calculations I did im supposed to be getting 382protein day, 637arbs day, 113g fats based off 30%protein/50%carbs/20%fats. I figured my BMR with exercise to be around 4600 soI'd need at least 5100cals day to gain right? Thanks for the reply!

I didnt think you were suppposed to eat protein/carb meals with fat and with 637g carbs a day wouldnt I have to eat alot in one sitting?

bigslick7878 is offline Senior Member
    bigslick7878 with the calculations I did im supposed to be getting 382protein day, 637arbs day, 113g fats based off 30%protein/50%carbs/20%fats. I figured my BMR with exercise to be around 4600 soI'd need at least 5100cals day to gain right? Thanks for the reply!

I didnt think you were suppposed to eat protein/carb meals with fat and with 637g carbs a day wouldnt I have to eat alot in one sitting?
    40/40/20 works fine for bulking. Your BMR is nowhere near 4600, you are thinking of TDEE, which is still nowhere near 4600. Your maintenance calories are probably around 3000, shoot for 3600-3800 of CLEAN.... QUALITY..... calories to bulk. All the carbs you are eating are junk, they will do nothing for you. Get rid of them. You protein source is also lacking with eating the same thing over and over. Add some more regular whey protein in there and other types of food to get your protein from.

You don't need 637 grams of carbs in one day to bulk, that is ridiculous. You will find that is prettty hard to get when you are eating the right carbs anyway.

All your meals should reflect as closely as possible your macro split. 6 40/40/20 meals is the goal, don't know where you got the idea that you could not eat carbs and fat at the same time. Try to get a balance over all the meals with the macro breakdown as close as you can.

Do yourself a favor and read all the stickies/informational threads at the top of this page because you really don't have a clue on how or what to eat.

Can you or someone give me a good example of a plan. I will follow it to a "T" I just need someone to lay it out there for me please.

Would my macros break down like this? 400g Protein a Day/ 400g Carbs a Day/ 88g Fat a DAY Based on 4,000cals a Day

And is the post workout carbs included in the daily carbs need or is that extra?
    Last edited by tsr183; 11-08-2010 at 04:00 PM.

Bigslick nailed it. I also have your maintenance calories at around 3000 based on the stats you provided. I'd start at 3500 calories and see how things go from there.

You need good carb sources such as oats, yam, sweet potato, quinoa, lentils, beans, etc. I also see ZERO veggies in your diet - you should be eating leafy green/fiberous veggies - broccoli, asparagus, spinach, kale, brussell sprouts, cauliflower, green lettuces, etc. For a bulk, i'd aim for a 40/45/15 split - 20% of calories coming from fats is too high on a bulk IMO.

Finally, you should post up some pics ASAP for some educated guesses as to your bodyfat. You may not be as high as you think.

I went to add pics to my profile and it says I don't have permission!?

LBSOMEIRON is offline Banned
    I think you need 25-50 posts.

I agree with what has been said, although you shouldn't be afraid of carbs if you are bulking.

Arnold used to subscribe to the 20% protein, 50% carbs, 30% fats and while it may be a little outdated as far as the low protein theory, his carb mentality is on point.

Pics are worth a thousand words.

That handheld BF tester has me beteen 4.5 and 6.8 weekly and I think I am more around 8%. So if you are 17-18, bulking should be put on the shelf for the time being. In which case, you diet is now on point, except for the calories.

Meal-1
    6 whole wheat english muffins 150g carbs CHANGED 1 cup cooked oats
    Meal-2
    6oz chicken breast
    2tbsb olive oil CHANGED

Meal-3
    Cyto Carb 75carbs EDIT

Meal-4
    Chicken 6 oz
    1tb Peanut butter EDIT

Meal-5
    [B]greens - 1tb pb[/B]EDIT
    Meal-6
    Casein shake
    1tb olive oilEDIT

I agree with LB on the high carb ideals for bulking, however 600+ grams of carbs is asinine, for you.

Yeesh.....Assine for anyone on this board for the most part.

300g of carbs from English muffins is a poor few choices too.....

I gave you my input...I think you should revist your plans.

Hey it may he assine but if I didn't ask the question I never would of got the right answers from you guys. And I appreciate all of your input. Im going to adhere to all of it. Thank you! Any more advice on it please send it my way.

Wasn't meant to ridicule bro. Just a way of saying it's too much.

Try the diet as it's rewritten. I think it'll produce sound results.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    that much carbs comes out to about 1.2lbs of carbs. And if they arent' healthy carbs it would be the same as eating a 1lb bag of sugar a day. I definitley dont' shy away from carbs but i keep it reasonalble around 300g a day

Based off of 4,000 cals/ Day I need 400g carbs right? If im doing 40 40 20...

LB I didn't take any of this is a demeaning way, I joined this board wanting to talk with you guys who know what you are doing so I myself can be on the right track. I appreciate every bit of advice Im getting and Im going to follow it!

What are your guys opinion on PWO immediately Dark Matter the 15 mins later 50g Whey Protein and 100g Vitargo S2 carbs?

What are your guys opinion on PWO immediately Dark Matter the 15 mins later 50g Whey Protein and 100g Vitargo S2 carbs?
    300-350g carbs should be plenty for you. 350g is 40% of 3500 total calories which I think is the right starting point for you.

Not sure about dark matter - it's a great song from Porcupine Tree but that's all I know about it! 50g whey is great - 100g of Vitargo is too much IMO - the 2:1 carbs to protein ratio is overblown. 50g would be plenty, 75g if you want to get a good dose in.

gbrice75, do I include the post workout carbs in my total daily allowance or is that extra?

My diet should look similar to this for a clean Bulk diet:? ( I sure hope this is a lot closer)

Im currently on 200mg week Test Cyp/ Anavar 25mg twice daily

Meal 1-Liquid Egg whites 50g protein 250cals
    1-cup oats 50g carbs

Meal-2(PWO) Whey Protein 50g
    Vitargo 75g carbs

Can you eat too much veggies?
    Meal-3 (PPWO) Chicken Breast 8oz
    1-cup Brown Rice 50g carbs
    1-cup Broccoli
    2-tbsp Olive oil 28g EFA's

Meal-4 (Lean Protein) 50g
    Brown Rice 50g carbs
    1-tbsp Olive oil or 2-tbsp Peanut butter

Meal-5 Liquid Egg whites 50g Protein
    1-1/2 Cups Brown Rice 75g carbs

Meal-6 Lean Protein 50g Protein
    1-cup Broccoli
    1-serving cyto carb 50g Carbs

Meal-7 Cottage Cheese or Casein Shake
    2-tbsp peanut butter 16g Fat

Meal-8 (middle of night) 50g of whey Protein

Can you eat too much veggies? Thanks again for all of your input and help!!!

gbrice75, do I include the post workout carbs in my total daily allowance or is that extra?

Definitely included - if you're on 3500 calories/day for instance, your PWO carbs count towards that total

My diet should look similar to this for a clean Bulk diet:? ( I sure hope this is a lot closer)

Im currently on 200mg week Test Cyp/ Anavar 25mg twice daily

Meal 1-Liquid Egg whites 50g protein 250cals
    1-cup oats 50g carbs

Meal-2(PWO) Whey Protein 50g
    Vitargo 75g carbs

Can you eat too much veggies?

Nope, you can and should eat as much as possible - but make sure they're leafy green fiberous veggies. Broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, brussell sprouts, kale, spinach, green lettuces, etc

Meal-3 (PPWO) Chicken Breast 8oz
    1-cup Brown Rice 50g carbs
    1-cup Broccoli

Great, but make it 1tbsp of oil

Meal-4 (Lean Protein) 50g
    Brown Rice 50g carbs
    1-tbsp Olive oil or 2-tbsp Peanut butter

Honsetly brown rice (rice in general) would be my last carb choice. Better options are sweet potato or yam (best choice IMO), quinoa (also a complete protein!), beans, lentils, etc.

Meal-5 Liquid Egg whites 50g Protein
    1-1/2 Cups Brown Rice 75g carbs

Maybe a better protein source - something that lasts longer. Lean beef would be a great choice. Or drop the olive oil and have a good piece of salmon here. Olive oil isn't the greatest 0mega 3 source, but salmon is a good one

Meal-6 Lean Protein 50g Protein
    1-cup Broccoli
    1-serving cyto carb 50g Carbs

What is cyto carb?

Meal-7 Cottage Cheese or Casein Shake
    2-tbsp peanut butter 16g Fat

1tbsp is plenty IMO

Meal-8 (middle of night) 50g of whey Protein

Casein, not whey - and 25g is enough

Can you eat too much veggies? Thanks again for all of your input and help!!!
    Comments above in bold - looking better bro, it's getting there

Okay ill make those changes and run with that. Cyto carb is a carb shake that supposed to be complex carbs...

Okay ill make those changes and run with that. Cyto carb is a carb shake that supposed to be complex carbs...
    Screw that shake, eat real food. Real food = real gains.

You guys eat the canned yams? If so what brand...

They're better then nothing, but fresh is always best. If you do buy canned, make SURE there's nothing in there but yams. Shoudln't contain sugar and crap. Chances are there are preservatives - I would just stick with fresh yams and cook em up.

gbrice75 can I take a fat burner while im on this clean bulk? If so what would you recommend clen or T3?

gbrice75 can I take a fat burner while im on this clean bulk? If so what would you recommend clen or T3?
    Well remember bro, you're on a bulk. Regardless of how clean, you can't be concerned with burning fat - it's a contradiction. You can do everything in your power to keep fat gains minimal, or possibly to even maintain, but it's unlikely you're going to burn fat if it's a true bulk.

Having said that, you can take a fat burner suck as clen , or even an ECA stack, but I most definitely would NOT take T3 - too much risk of burning LBM, counter productive to a bulk, etc. Clen on the other hand is said to have anabolic /muscle preserving properties, so it might not be a bad choice.

aPlinker is offline Junior Member
    Either bulk, or cut. Those drugs work well in a calorie defeceit

Thanks guys! I went out and bought all my stuff for my diet yeterday so Im good to go! Do you think the 50mg ed of Var will help with a little bit of fat loss?

so i can pm

What brand of canned yams do u guys buy?

I appreciate your guys help with all this!

Thanks guys! I went out and bought all my stuff for my diet yeterday so Im good to go! Do you think the 50mg ed of Var will help with a little bit of fat loss?
    No

so i can pm
    ??

What brand of canned yams do u guys buy?
    I don't, I buy em fresh. But it probably doesn't matter much from brand to brand - just try and find the most natural you can

I appreciate your guys help with all this!
    np!

Hopefully an okay question to ask... I bought the quinoa and if Im doing my math correctly 2/3 cup is 60g carbs. Doesn't seem like much as far as serving size. Am I adding this correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by tsr183;542***9
    Hopefully an okay question to ask... I bought the quinoa and if Im doing my math correctly 2/3 cup is 60g carbs. Doesn't seem like much as far as serving size. Am I adding this correctly?
    Like oats, lentils, rice, etc - it will increase exponentially in size once cooked.

gbrice should I add some fruits to my diet? If so how much would you reccomend?

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100

If ur 18% dont bother bulking, if ur at the end of a bulk carry on but dont make a plan to bulk

gbrice should I add some fruits to my diet? If so how much would you reccomend?
    Stick with low sugar items like berries, or melon type fruits are usually higher in water and lower in sugar.

There are now 3 pics on my profile because it won't let me upload them directly onto the post...Tell me what you guys think. "Here come's the brutal comments lol"

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    I cant see them m8

Use a server like photobucket dot com and use the IMG code to add the pics if u want to get them up

Or go in the lounge and whore

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information