lil_herc81 is offline Member

Keto Diet- Need help

I have decided to run a Keto diet to try and shed some unwanted fat for better definition. This is not a long term run. I will run for a few weeks then introduce small amounts of carbs. I am having a difficult time creating a meal plan tho. I want to shoot for a 2400 calorie diet (Im 240lbs) Goal max daily carbs is 75g (10/lb). In addition to a meal plan I am confused by the pre and post workout meals. From what I read... It appears I should have carbs after my workout but no fats for 60-90 minutes. I have a list of good foods to eat, Im not sure about veggies I am reading eat them and dont eat them. Can someone with a good hand on this please throw me a simple meal plan and serving sizes I can tweak on the foods according to my preference. Also throw me the info on pre and post workout foods.

cue_artist is offline Associate Member
    bro no body is going to spoon feed you on this forum. State your stats, tdee, macros, and we will be more than happy to help you out. When I ran keto last year I used to eat a protein/ fat meal before training example 120g chicken + 2 tbl spoon olive oil and protein shake ONLY immediatly post work out. An hour later I would a can of tuna + 2tbl spoons olive oil. You wouldnt want to eat fats with your protein post workout cuz it slows the absorption of protein in your body.

Spoon feed? Not quite the idea. Im not sure about you but I have meal plans already made up and saved for my bulking and cutting cycles. The principal here is to look a the format used to MAKE my own from a basic layout. Thanks for the Workout meal ideas thats all I need there.
    Stats-
    29yrs
    245lbs
    13-15%BF
    Training- a long time
    Previous Cycles- Several

How long after training can I eat a full meal? I train after work so dinner is usually within an hour. Typically I have a shake when leaving the gym then go cook dinner. Can I follow the same format for Keto? -I hate asking for help here because people make you fight the darn answers!
    So in plain english not to be confused with spoon feeding;
    how many meals should I plan or stick with every 3 hours from wake to sleep as per usual? What is the consensus on meal portions sizes? 6oz meat etc? Im not sure on that aspect and information online is limited. I want to know the darn science involved to maximize the experience! But anything helps. - End rant!

Now im grumpy!

charcold is offline Associate Member
    The Cyclic Ketogenic Diet.....

You still want to get at least 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight, and the rest is pretty much fat. So 2400 calories, would be 250g protein and 155 g of fat. I would try to keep carbs less than 20g's a day. And you still want to eat 6 or more meals a day, as well as after work out, eat a keto meal.

Thread Information