freakmentality is offline New Member

Diet plan in college

ow quickly should I be making gains? I've been training 2.5 years and I've gone from 5'9" 145lbs to 5'10" 180lbs. I just got my bf tested in the bodpod at my uinversity at 9.2%

Training:
    Monday- Legs
    Tuesday (cardio + abs)
    Wednesday (Chest& arms)
    Thursday (cardio + abs)
    Friday (Back&Bis)
    Sat-Sun (depends, usually have hockey games) (1 day rest 1 day I might do chest & shoulders if I feel recovered.)

Diet:
    I try to choose the best foods I can, but it does vary. Usually I'll have eggs + fruit + small bowl of cereal for breakfast

Lunch is usually 2 turkey sandwiches double meat on WW bread, and a salad

Dinner is usually huge bowl of chicken and brown rice with a lot of broccoli and some sour cream & fruit

About 3,500 to 4,000 calories total

Comes down to about
    400g carbs
    300g protein
    100g fat

Typically a protein shakes (myofusion or XF) after I workout, and some gatorade + protein after cardio sessions. Sometimes I use casein (ON) before bed, but I don't think it's very effective.

Any tips are appreciated

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    GREAT!!! Glad you came here....help will be coming JUST FOR YOU
    might want to tell them your specific goals....
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 11-14-2010 at 09:02 PM.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    35lbs in 2.5 years is pretty damn good IMO, especially if you are truly under 10% bodyfat - congrats!

Like Slimmer said, let us know your goals, specifically what you want to accomplish, what you'd like us to try and help you with, etc. I can tell you now you're diet can be ALOT better.

Slimmer - you been combing other boards recruiting members? =)

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    35lbs in 2.5 years is pretty damn good IMO, especially if you are truly under 10% bodyfat - congrats!

Like Slimmer said, let us know your goals, specifically what you want to accomplish, what you'd like us to try and help you with, etc. I can tell you now you're diet can be ALOT better.

Slimmer - you been combing other boards recruiting members? =)
    YES!!! while OP is loaded with hormones...sending him here to get the best chemical: FOOD

I think he wants to be HUGE from what I understand. Plus he is fairly restricted to the college food so came here to get some tips for helping this challenge....I hope OP keeps this in mind: if he gains just 1 pound a month with just a few tips, then 2 years later that is 24 pounds....so when he is 21 he can then re-assess all of this....19 now.

I know he is in GOOD HANDS!!! THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    YES!!! while OP is loaded with hormones...sending him here to get the best chemical: FOOD

I think he wants to be HUGE from what I understand. Plus he is fairly restricted to the college food so came here to get some tips for helping this challenge....I hope OP keeps this in mind: if he gains just 1 pound a month with just a few tips, then 2 years later that is 24 pounds....so when he is 21 he can then re-assess all of this....19 now.

I know he is in GOOD HANDS!!! THANKS!
    Good job with the recruits! =)

OP - college food is a challenge, but it's doable. We have lots of guys on this board who are going through the same thing, so you're not alone. We'll get your sorted out. As long as you're adding weight, even slowly, and keeping your bodyfat at 10% or even less, you are and will continue to be making amazing progress. Pics would help - do you have any you can post up?

bodybuilder is offline Senior Member
    Agree good job especially being in collage i remember when i was going to collage my diet was bad to say the least. Post up your diet I'm sure my boy gbrice will guide you from there.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Sounds like you've made really nice natural gains considering the low body fat. I mean, I wouldn't be impressed if you added that same 35 lbs if 10 were fat from a bulking regiment but you've clearly added QUALITY mass.

Good job with the recruits! =)

OP - college food is a challenge, but it's doable. We have lots of guys on this board who are going through the same thing, so you're not alone. We'll get your sorted out. As long as you're adding weight, even slowly, and keeping your bodyfat at 10% or even less, you are and will continue to be making amazing progress. Pics would help - do you have any you can post up?

Those are the best I've got from July of this year. I'm 18 (I said 19 earlier, cause I didn't want to seem yuong) so yeah I'm basically looking to get to an overall weight of 200 lbs @ 8% in the future

Looking good and lean from what I can tell bro. Just need to get that diet worked out and you can really start packing on some quality mass. You can start by eating more then 3x a day. I doubt you're eating as many calories as you think you are.

Looking good and lean from what I can tell bro. Just need to get that diet worked out and you can really start packing on some quality mass. You can start by eating more then 3x a day. I doubt you're eating as many calories as you think you are.
    I eat 3x a day because that's all the cafeteria allows me to eat in a day. The problem is on MWF I only have 10 minutes to eat or I don't eat at all so usually I eat really quick and don't feel good. Do you suggest something like protein bars or clif bars to eat in between meals? I just got some quest bars an they are really good, not the low quality protein bars like most.

What's the best about 1-2 hours before bed? I have casein by ON or Trutein By Trunutrition (40%casein)

Quote Originally Posted by freakmentality View Post
    I eat 3x a day because that's all the cafeteria allows me to eat in a day. The problem is on MWF I only have 10 minutes to eat or I don't eat at all so usually I eat really quick and don't feel good. Do you suggest something like protein bars or clif bars to eat in between meals? I just got some quest bars an they are really good, not the low quality protein bars like most.

What's the best about 1-2 hours before bed? I have casein by ON or Trutein By Trunutrition (40%casein)
    Eating something is better then nothing, so yea, eat the bars if you have to. Just don't use the time thing as an excuse to eat them (not saying that's what you're doing) - in other words, eat real food every single chance possible.

Stick with the ON Casein before bed. Even better would be cottage cheese, but I don't suppose you can get that?

Eating something is better then nothing, so yea, eat the bars if you have to. Just don't use the time thing as an excuse to eat them (not saying that's what you're doing) - in other words, eat real food every single chance possible.

Stick with the ON Casein before bed. Even better would be cottage cheese, but I don't suppose you can get that?
    Yeah, on MWF I have 11:15-1:25 class then 1:45-2:35 across campus so I have to eat quick (dining hall opens at 11:00) so I'm thinking eat a couple turkey sandwiches quick and then I'll take an apple + banana out with me. Then I could have a bar when I get out of class.

Quote Originally Posted by freakmentality View Post
    Yeah, on MWF I have 11:15-1:25 class then 1:45-2:35 across campus so I have to eat quick (dining hall opens at 11:00) so I'm thinking eat a couple turkey sandwiches quick and then I'll take an apple + banana out with me. Then I could have a bar when I get out of class.
    Definitely not a bodybuilder's diet, but if it's the best you can get then there's not much else you can do. Make sure you're getting sufficient protein, eat veggies when you can, get some complex carbs in, etc. You may be a rare case where i'd suggesting supplementing a meal or 2 with a protein shake, because you need to be eating more then 3x a day. How about a shake with 1/2 cup raw oats mixed right in?

Definitely not a bodybuilder's diet, but if it's the best you can get then there's not much else you can do. Make sure you're getting sufficient protein, eat veggies when you can, get some complex carbs in, etc. You may be a rare case where i'd suggesting supplementing a meal or 2 with a protein shake, because you need to be eating more then 3x a day. How about a shake with 1/2 cup raw oats mixed right in?
    Yeah I could do that, I also already have ON Oats&Whey. I eat a lot of fruits and veggies

Flix is offline New Member
    This depends on what your professors are like, but I've eaten meals in class before many times. So if you could pick something up at the dining hall and bring it to class then you should have plenty of time to eat.

Thread Information